Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pinecone Sample posted:

TIFU by not knowing what my FB meant by “secret naughty gift”.

You know that saying “anything is a dildo if you’re brave enough”? It’s like this lady set out to prove that. No obstacle was going to stop them from getting that wooden object up their rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I have to admire her can-do attitude of, "Well, I'll just put it in my butt a little bit."

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

for reference, OP posted this as an example of a similar cone:

"Edit: a few people asked for what the “tree” looked like. I didn’t take a video that is not X rated and I’m not posting that in public. But this is a similar thing I found on google image search, but the actual one was carved from wood, all smooth, and has a round cylinder block on the bottom to help the “tree” stand up. It looked like a handle on a butt plug:"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
what was the actual "naughty present" that he left for her, then, if not the christmas tree butt plug? did she ever find it?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Sagebrush posted:

what was the actual "naughty present" that he left for her, then, if not the christmas tree butt plug? did she ever find it?

Sexy underwear that he left in the drawer for her, as it says in the post.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

for reference, OP posted this as an example of a similar cone:

"Edit: a few people asked for what the “tree” looked like. I didn’t take a video that is not X rated and I’m not posting that in public. But this is a similar thing I found on google image search, but the actual one was carved from wood, all smooth, and has a round cylinder block on the bottom to help the “tree” stand up. It looked like a handle on a butt plug:"

That lady just really wants a buttplug.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

all i can say is thank god her BF isn't Jewish

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Admiral Ray posted:

A cross-over from the 'post things that look NWS' thread...

It even lights up!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Admiral Ray posted:

When all you have is a butthole, everything looks like a buttplug.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LadyPictureShow posted:

It even lights up!

:stonklol:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
WIBTA for refusing to attend Thanksgiving if my family invites my pregnant ex?

quote:

My relationship with my ex was good until it wasn't or really until she became pregnant. We had some significant disagreements related to the pregnancy and decided to take a break.

The breakup happened last month, but my family is still planning to invite her to our family's thanksgiving dinner. I was extremely surprised when my mother told me this, and after having some time to think, I told my mother and the rest of my family if they invited my ex then I would not attend. As much as I enjoy spending time with my family, I don't think it would be enjoyable to have to spend the day with my ex.

I can provide more detail about my family's thoughts if needed, but it suffices to say that they want to maintain good relations with her because of the pregnancy, in case we do get back together, and because they like her.

I don't feel like it would be smart to approach my ex directly and ask her not to come, so the only option I have is to boycott.

WIBTA for going through with the boycott?

quote:

The holidays are stressful enough without adding unnecessary stress and drama.

quote:

I get along with her. It is mostly that being around her right now is very stressful, so the last thing I want to do during the holidays is be reminded about my problems.

I didn't think now was a good time to have a baby. She disagreed. Once she decided to keep it I think she went overboard in trying to change our lives to get ready for the baby. I felt like she was becoming too controlling.

quote:

She wanted to make significant lifestyle changes beyond what I thought were necessary to prepare for a baby. For example, she wanted to see about buying a home when the apartment we lease is fine. Maybe in a couple years, but I think buying a home now is a bad idea for many reasons. Another issue we had was that after she found out she was pregnant she went from my fiance/girlfriend to the mother of my child. I stopped being a priority and everything became baby 24/7. I have more issues but those were two of the biggest.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Inviting the ex's family and disowning you entirely is the correct decision, next. *bangs gavel*

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I kept waiting for the reveal it wasnt his kid but nope, family made a good trade for a new daughter and a conditional family member in next years draft.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
There was a pretty standard r/relationships "SO is cheating, OP knows and is waiting for them to come clean, SO suddenly being a little poo poo instead of coming home", not that interesting. OP was actually smart so just started packing their stuff to leave immediately, they made their choice to breakup already. But a Redditor told them a really good line to leave with that'll gently caress with them

Just say something like 'Wow... All your friends were right about you. Everything they told me was true.' and leave it at that, and block them. It's totally devious and really low effort to potentially high chaos

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Yeah it sounds like that family just traded up big time, lousy son for cool daughter and grandkid.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

LadyPictureShow posted:

It even lights up!

What a time to be alive

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Pinecone Sample posted:

Apparently it looked like this (just without the color/decorations)

My question is - how the gently caress does someone look at a wooden object and think "yes, that is a sex toy that should go inside my body"?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hey just caught up on this absolute unit of a thread and just wanted to say it’s called «drunk driving» or «drinking and driving», not «drink driving». You imbeciles

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Biplane posted:

Hey just caught up on this absolute unit of a thread and just wanted to say it's called «drunk driving» or «drinking and driving», not «drink driving». You imbeciles

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...Q4dUDCAs&uact=5

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Biplane posted:

Hey just caught up on this absolute unit of a thread and just wanted to say it’s called «drunk driving» or «drinking and driving», not «drink driving». You imbeciles

How does it feel to be this dumb? I’ve always kinda wondered

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
"drink driving" sounds loving stupid and anyone who says that needs to learn how to not sound like an idiot when they speak.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Biplane posted:

my understanding is that the UK intentionally instituted the phrase «drink driving» in the late 1980s to remind people that one doesn't have to be "drunk" to have one's driving abilities impaired, hth

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
nah i agree "drink driving" is really stupid and it's one of those things like "maths" or "drugs dealer" that makes british english Baby English

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If you get arrested for eating cheese melts while driving in the UK, is it called “eat driving”?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

If you get arrested for eating cheese melts while driving in the UK, is it called “eat driving”?

driving happens on the opposite side of the road there, it'd be "driving eat"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

oi mate just out for a li'l drinksy drivesy tonight are we?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Pinecone Sample posted:

I'm so glad I caught up with the end of this thread in time for... that. Amazing.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Don't drink drive or you could wind up in hospital.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

i don't think i could bring myself to watch game of titties on an airplane

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sagebrush posted:

nah i agree "drink driving" is really stupid and it's one of those things like "maths" or "drugs dealer" that makes british english Baby English

This from a country which still uses Fahrenheit and inches and can't even spell aluminium properly.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

This from a country which still uses Fahrenheit and inches and can't even spell aluminium properly.

celsius needs more granularity to be a good scale for knowing if it’s nice outside. 20 degrees and 30 degrees being entire clothing layers of difference apart is just wack, sorry

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Aluminum is probably right, we’ve got no leg to stand on regarding weird attachment issues to archaic measurement systems, but gently caress me if every time I read ‘on accident’ it doesn’t throw me for a loop.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
And stop shoehorning extraneous Us into other words, while you're at it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Americans: This wonderful machine makes getting from one floor to another so much easier! I’ll call it something nice. How about an elevator, since it elevates people and things?

Brits: OI DIS FING WHAT LIFTS YA UP, OI’Z CALL IT A LIFT

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

as is usually the case, the side that is wrong (aluminium) makes a big deal out of the issue, while the side that is right (aluminum) is barely aware that there's an argument.

fahrenheit is a very useful human-scale measurement. 0 degrees is about as cold as you can stand and 100 is about as hot as you can stand. easy.

i'll give you inches, there's no specific advantage there over centimeters, but no disadvantage either. they're fine

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

fahrenheit is a very useful human-scale measurement. 0 degrees is about as cold as you can stand and 100 is about as hot as you can stand. easy

Lol

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Pirate Radar posted:

Americans: This wonderful machine makes getting from one floor to another so much easier! I’ll call it something nice. How about an elevator, since it elevates people and things?

Brits: OI DIS FING WHAT LIFTS YA UP, OI’Z CALL IT A LIFT

Actually it’s called a “go up box”

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Switchback posted:

Actually it’s called a “go up box”

Don’t be ridiculous, they go down too. That’s why in Australia they’re known as uppy-downies

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

as is usually the case, the side that is wrong (aluminium) makes a big deal out of the issue, while the side that is right (aluminum) is barely aware that there's an argument.

Hahaha this is totally true. I never knew people had so many opinions about Americans before I moved to a former colony. I came in having zero opinions about british people.

I have opinions now! Whilst is a stupid word and I’ve never met people more arrogantly proud of their homeland/culture WHICH THEY LEFT.

quote:

fahrenheit is a very useful human-scale measurement. 0 degrees is about as cold as you can stand and 100 is about as hot as you can stand. easy.

I’m a better weather forecaster in celcius because I can still be right with like a 3 degree spread :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

celsius needs more granularity to be a good scale for knowing if it’s nice outside. 20 degrees and 30 degrees being entire clothing layers of difference apart is just wack, sorry

those are both t-shirt weather

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 18, 2019