Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

The new Marvel card game is good. A huge battery hog, but as mobile games go, very solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Funso Banjo posted:

The new Marvel card game is good. A huge battery hog, but as mobile games go, very solid.

I'm not seeing any Squirrel Girl in the shop photos.. Might be a hard pass.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Lmao

High FPS mode may reduce FPS

Yeah thermal throttling is a thing.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

New Leaf posted:

I'm not seeing any Squirrel Girl in the shop photos.. Might be a hard pass.

Oh she's there alright.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Looking forward to the marvel hearthstone launch so much.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
https://youtu.be/ZLANBl3_YxI

Front Mission mobile gameplay from (Chinese?) test version.

The gameplay seems much like FM4 and 5 but the maps seem designed for small skirmishes.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

https://youtu.be/ZLANBl3_YxI

Front Mission mobile gameplay from (Chinese?) test version.

The gameplay seems much like FM4 and 5 but the maps seem designed for small skirmishes.

I am tentatively looking forward to this. Love me some Front mission.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Love it, but should probably just finally play my DS cart lol

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

What's the poker app of choice for Android (phone)? Real or paper money is fine. There's of course a million options online and no indication which one is 'the good one' so hoping someone here can just tell me.

I'm in Canada if that changes anything. Thanks!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

VelociBacon posted:

What's the poker app of choice for Android (phone)? Real or paper money is fine. There's of course a million options online and no indication which one is 'the good one' so hoping someone here can just tell me.

I'm in Canada if that changes anything. Thanks!

I quite liked Governor of Poker 3. No ads, stupid hats, pretty easy play against other humans. Play money only.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.
Store has been quiet with quality stuff for a lil' while, so I want to shout-out Gunfire Reborn and Streets of Rage 4 both popping up for 6.99 (both on the play pass, too, I believe.)

Personally have played a couple hours of Gunfire and it's pretty excellent for a mobile port. Very similar aiming options to CoD Mobile and runs super well on my old clunker S9.

SoR was something I played to death on console already, but would think it should translate well. Anyone already playing it? Is it managable without a controller?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh drat I had no idea there's a mobile port of gunfire reborn

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

explosivo posted:

Oh drat I had no idea there's a mobile port of gunfire reborn

What's it like, overall? Like independent of mobile specific stuff; I've never even heard of it before.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's it like, overall? Like independent of mobile specific stuff; I've never even heard of it before.

It's a run based FPS roguelike a la Ziggurat (if you ever played that), so moving from room to room clearing enemies and picking up new weapons/upgrades as you progress. I haven't played it since before it fully released out of early access but it was a good time.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

On PC it’s the best roguelite FPS made so far IMO

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

It feels, gameplay-wise, very reminicent of Borderlands. There's an emphasis on headshot/weak point crits and shield and elemental damages with a resistance/break triangle. You carry three weapons across "types" that are essentially pistol/rifle/heavy.Lots of enemies doing exaggerated leans out of cover, melee guys mixed in for variety. To an extent, even the art style a lil' bit. I'd call it obviously inspired by.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Is there a goon guild in Puzzle Combat? Lvl 17 and really liking it so far.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

tildes posted:

On PC it’s the best roguelite FPS made so far IMO

$9 and more to unlock all the characters? It had better be

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Razer just released a V2 of their (Android, not ios yet) Kishi with improved switches on the buttons and some minor improvements. I've been holding off on getting one for a while but figured now's a good time to take the plunge and pick one up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

explosivo posted:

Razer just released a V2 of their (Android, not ios yet) Kishi with improved switches on the buttons and some minor improvements. I've been holding off on getting one for a while but figured now's a good time to take the plunge and pick one up.

I had the old one but returned it pretty quick. The USB-C didn't like my case. They should really account for people having phones in cases. It felt high quality though, if Genshin Impact actually had Android controller support I probably would have kept it and figured something out.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

New Leaf posted:

I had the old one but returned it pretty quick. The USB-C didn't like my case. They should really account for people having phones in cases. It felt high quality though, if Genshin Impact actually had Android controller support I probably would have kept it and figured something out.

They say something about including a spacer to allow for "some phones" with cases to be used with it but yeah I did hear that was a thing. It's not too bad to pop off my case when I want to but yeah that'll suck a bit if I have to.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

NPR Journalizard posted:

$9 and more to unlock all the characters? It had better be

It’s about the same price on both platforms I guess then- so very cheap on one, $$$ on the other

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I've had tons of fun with gunfire reborn on PC, but I also had no idea it had a mobile port

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This new Kishi is sick as gently caress but definitely doesn't fit my phone with a relatively slim case attached which is a but of a bummer. Still though, legit makes the phone feel like a Switch in your hands and I'm messing around with Moonlight now which seems to work incredibly well for in-home streaming.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Guild of dungeoneering, I haven't touched in years, got it on the phone because it was cheap, and man is it fun for a phone game.

I also picked up slay the spire and king of dragon pass.

I love me turn based games

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any recommendations for good games to play with a controller? Loving the Kishi and trying to try stuff I might've overlooked before or stuff I may enjoy way more with a controller; I'm currently playing SOTN again with it which owns, have tried Grimvalor because I saw recommendations for it elsewhere and it seems fine?, I have Don't Starve installed but haven't played it yet but have with a controller before and it's good but still prefer DS with a KB+M. Thinking about getting Dead Cells because that seems like a slam dunk.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Grand theft autos

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Titan Quest

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dodoman posted:

Titan Quest

Is the "Legendary Edition" necessary? I've never played TQ but was looking at it as something to play instead of Diablo Immortal. The $20 price tag for the legendary edition feels steep though.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I don't think Titan Quest is worth 20 cents much less $20.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah, I picked up the standard edition and it seems fine I guess but I am still super early on. Definitely don't regret not buying the $20 edition once I realized the DLC stuff can still be bought later if I want it but I don't really see myself getting there.

Also GTA:San Andreas is completely broken and just plain refuses to run on my phone and most everybody else's judging by the reviews :(

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Titan Quest is a very good game if you want something like Diablo that isn't Diablo. No idea how it controls on a touch screen though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Someone asked how Streets of Rage 4 was on Android, but didn't get an answer. I'd love to know too, definitely thinking of picking it up.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

explosivo posted:

Yeah, I picked up the standard edition and it seems fine I guess but I am still super early on. Definitely don't regret not buying the $20 edition once I realized the DLC stuff can still be bought later if I want it but I don't really see myself getting there.

Also GTA:San Andreas is completely broken and just plain refuses to run on my phone and most everybody else's judging by the reviews :(

afaik chinatown wars is frequently recommended. It's a DS port, so it has some random touchscreen stuff, but mostly plays well with a controller iirc.

Dead Cells is a really good pickup though imo. The smaller screen sometimes gets a bit tough, but overall it translates pretty well -- you just have to be chill with not being at peak performance.

If you like playing your shooters with a controller, gunfire reborn is good as well.

Crashlands works fine with touch controls, but is way way better on controller imo. It might hit a similar thing to don't starve in some ways -- it is sort of a crafting arpg, altho much more chill than don't starve.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

tildes posted:

afaik chinatown wars is frequently recommended. It's a DS port, so it has some random touchscreen stuff, but mostly plays well with a controller iirc.

Unless something changed in the last month, Chinatown Wars on Android does not use a controller whatsoever.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Unless something changed in the last month, Chinatown Wars on Android does not use a controller whatsoever.

Well rip- guess that feature hasn’t made it out of iOS

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Titan Quest is a very good game if you want something like Diablo that isn't Diablo. No idea how it controls on a touch screen though.

Pretty well actually. And you can zoom out pretty far and jack up the game speed. Only thing that is wonky is inventory but gets easier to deal with when you aren’t upgrading as much.

Otherwise my criticisms would be towards just that era of game IE having to do the difficulty runs just to get to the real game.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Anyone have reccs for games to play that are very pause friendly and don't require too much thinking? Aka, to play while laid out/semi-conscious with covid.

I was thinking I'd go through the kairosoft catalog - haven't played one since dungeon village - but wasn't sure which to try out.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

foutre posted:

Anyone have reccs for games to play that are very pause friendly and don't require too much thinking? Aka, to play while laid out/semi-conscious with covid.

I was thinking I'd go through the kairosoft catalog - haven't played one since dungeon village - but wasn't sure which to try out.

Troll Patrol or Pawnbarian. Both are vertical, one handed turnbased games with enough thinking to keep you conscious but dumb enough that you can be out of it.

Kairo's stuff is great tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

foutre posted:

For even less thinking but more addicting than I want to admit, Merge Mayor recommended earlier in the thread is better than it should be. I'm genuinely embarrassed that I keep coming back to it. I blame new parent sleep deprivation.

It's barely even a game, but it's easy to play for no money invested.