Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

- A deep Nation Designer gives you new starting options for your games, including national ideas and custom monarchs
- Experience the new Nahuatl, Inti and Mayan religions with blood sacrifices or Sun Worship
- Send your conquistadors to hunt for the Seven Cities of Gold, or your explorer on exploration missions around the world
- Gold Fleets can traffic New World wealth back to Europe, and be targeted by your privateer fleets
- Use your trade fleets to hunt dangerous pirates
- Maintain good relations with the Pope so you can get a corner of the world to call your own in the Treaty of Tordesillas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm actually really glad that South America is getting some love. The Treaty of Tordesillas or whatever was some important poo poo. I hope they make CN's less retarded while they are at it. They are all sooo frustrating in my Inca game. The only one I've been able to touch is French Caribbean because France only has three European provinces left. At least I've been able to force all the other nearby native nations to either ally me or get annexed.

I've also been dying for Pagan religions to be something else other than a punishment. They have all those cool pagan religions from the CK2 converter, why didn't they ever replace some of the normal religions with them?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The converter religions have cool bonuses but are seriously lacking in mechanics though :/

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

its good they are focusing on that. south america needs the same kind of attention north america got a while ago.

i hope after this they make an expansion focused on east asia, china is really stupid atm and has never worked properly.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EvilMike posted:

its good they are focusing on that. south america needs the same kind of attention north america got a while ago.

i hope after this they make an expansion focused on east asia, china is really stupid atm and has never worked properly.

They've done a lot but I'd really appreciate a Not Europe expansion quite a bit. Kinda like how CK2 really needs another Not Norse expansion.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

EvilMike posted:

the last time they made an asia expansion, they completely hosed up the region in ways they're still fixing

the thing with paradox is that I'm not sure they have anyone working there who actually likes east asian history...

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Still no word on an expansion with things to do during peace I see.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

- Maintain good relations with the Pope so you can get a corner of the world to call your own in the Treaty of Tordesillas

:greencube:

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

the last time they made an asia expansion, they completely hosed up the region in ways they're still fixing

the thing with paradox is that I'm not sure they have anyone working there who actually likes east asian history...

They have an honest to god scottish shintoist iirc.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Treaty of Tordesillas sounds like the only thing i care about in that list to be absolutely honest. I was hoping on some sort of AoW size domestic politics expansion

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
please add the option to force a european opm to move their capital to their colonies with 100% warscore, thanks

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Raserys posted:

please add the option to force a european opm to move their capital to their colonies with 100% warscore, thanks

wtf how isnt this an option yet lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

wtf how isnt this an option yet lmao

It even happened with Portugal. Napoleon stormed the capital too late, they evacuated the whole treasury to Brazil. Lol.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

It even happened with Portugal. Napoleon stormed the capital too late, they evacuated the whole treasury to Brazil. Lol.

the crazy old dementia queen is famously quoted as saying "dont go so fast they'll think we're running from something" when leaving the palace

history's great

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

They used to do it. The real problem is that they no longer can because there's no mechanic to make colonial nations disappear and become the old country

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Just got Civ V. Are there any must have workshop mods? Or is it better to just leave it vanilla?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rocket_man38 posted:

Just got Civ V. Are there any must have workshop mods? Or is it better to just leave it vanilla?

Civ 5 is trash for noobs. Take that baby poo poo out of the mapgame thread.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

rocket_man38 posted:

Jesus Christ.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

rocket_man38 posted:

:yikes:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What's the trick to going Ottomans -> Byzantium

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Release them as a vassal :downs:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Or get greece as your dominant culture and culture shift, i think that works.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Average Bear posted:

Start the game as Byzantium and conquer the Turk

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

DICKHEAD posted:

Start the game as Byzantium and conquer the Turk

this

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to try and get One Night In Paris.... Hopefully it's not too awful and I don't have to do a billion restarts.

edit: haha holy poo poo. ive done probably 10 restarts and i'm starting to think the best I can possibly hope for is a white peace unless the portugal AI stops being a tard and feeding its army to france's whole stack with no backup.

maybe it would be easier to just destroy burgandy as soon as the war of the roses ends and use the flemish/dutch provinces to slam france's balls while they are busy with savoy or austria or something.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 22, 2015

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

this is cool. the day night cycle complete with Moon Reflection on the ocean lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9xQ8MM4Ugo&t=666s

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm going to try and get One Night In Paris.... Hopefully it's not too awful and I don't have to do a billion restarts.

edit: haha holy poo poo. ive done probably 10 restarts and i'm starting to think the best I can possibly hope for is a white peace unless the portugal AI stops being a tard and feeding its army to france's whole stack with no backup.

maybe it would be easier to just destroy burgandy as soon as the war of the roses ends and use the flemish/dutch provinces to slam france's balls while they are busy with savoy or austria or something.

try not calling portugal in, then wait until burgundy declares on france. only luck i've had

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GreyPowerVan posted:

try not calling portugal in, then wait until burgundy declares on france. only luck i've had

yeah i guess i could theoretically cripple the poo poo out of france by just ignoring them for a good 5 years or so, since they can never force me to surrender

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I can;t remember what I did when I won the HYW after aoW came out, but it was hard. Way harder than it used to be.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I didn;t even pu them because I would have never been able to integrate the,. I just wanted to keep my english channel stuff.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I didn;t even pu them because I would have never been able to integrate the,. I just wanted to keep my english channel stuff.

I'm thinking I might be better off just consolidating the UK and then burning straight for Offensive and Quality or something. Possibly with a Burgandy March to help me with troops.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the way i got that cheeve back at release was by peacing out of the HYW and giving them aqutaine, then coming back within 50 years with burgundy and spain and dividing france up between us. no idea if that's still easy with all the patches since then.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

yeah i guess i could theoretically cripple the poo poo out of france by just ignoring them for a good 5 years or so, since they can never force me to surrender

Just blockade them fully using the pope for fleet access and buy down your WE

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm thinking I might be better off just consolidating the UK and then burning straight for Offensive and Quality or something. Possibly with a Burgandy March to help me with troops.

You definitely need to kill the poo poo out of burgundy asap before france does.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You definitely need to kill the poo poo out of burgundy asap before france does.

idk the one time i finally did it, i used burgundy's army to help me kill france, you just have to assist them in battles. They may take a few provinces but after you get france under you, use all their military waging wars on burgundy and maybe aragon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

GreyPowerVan posted:

idk the one time i finally did it, i used burgundy's army to help me kill france, you just have to assist them in battles. They may take a few provinces but after you get france under you, use all their military waging wars on burgundy and maybe aragon.

Getting france under you is gay.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*gets france into a PU* Durrr hurr durr hurrrr.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Getting france under you is gay.

:agreed:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanted to try doing the PU route just because I feel insanely silly when I have more than about 20 provinces in Europe in the first place, but I think I'm going to have way more luck just peacing out ASAP and attacking them after Burgandy. That's how I always steal Antwerpen and up as Friesland. I just declare after France even though I'm not actually allied and siege everything while they are busy chasing down troops.

PU France and springboard into a WC achievement attempt :razz:

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jan 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is actually the most frustrating thing in the world. I've lost probably 20 battles where I outnumber the French 2 to 1 and my general has one or two more shock pips, but they solidly win the battle without even taking 50% casualties. What the gently caress?