Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

blacksocks posted:

What would it even cost to mail a painting though. With the frame?

probably expensive, as it will be comparatively large but not very dense and thus get hit with dimensional weight, and also you have to worry about it getting smashed. the logistics companies (and especially the Post Office) are getting hammered right now so delays are long and damages are more common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
twoday, while youre calculating your shipping costs, be sure to look at ups, dhl and fedex for the us. usps isnt exactly doing great right now.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
if you use a private shipping company it'll be more economical to do the bulk drop to point people regionally

I will drive the plaguewastes, hand distributing the Book to the goons, the acolytes of Tunjm

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gunshow Poophole posted:

if you use a private shipping company it'll be more economical to do the bulk drop to point people regionally

I will drive the plaguewastes, hand distributing the Book to the goons, the acolytes of Tunjm

Book of CSPAM is already better than Book of Eli

Amp has issued a correction as of 15:11 on Jul 17, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Sounds more like

quote:

The Postman is a 1997 American post-apocalyptic action-adventure film produced and directed by Kevin Costner and features him in the lead role. It is set in a post-apocalyptic and neo-Western version of the United States in the then near-future year of 2013, sixteen-plus years after unspecified apocalyptic events, starting with the breakdown of society through “hate crimes and racially motivated attacks (by) a militia-like group” led by Nathan Holn, progressing to war, followed by plagues, that collectively left a huge impact on human civilization and erased most technology. Like the book, the film follows the story of a nomadic drifter (Costner) who stumbles across the uniform of an old United States Postal Service mail carrier, and unwittingly inspires hope through an empty promise of a "Restored United States of America" and on a path to become a national hero.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Gunshow Poophole posted:

death stranding is a documentary

twoday posted:

Sounds more like

postman is also a documentary

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
You are a true artist of our time and we should all be proud to be even half as inspired.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

ArmZ posted:

Legit.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ArmZ posted:

death stranding is a documentary

I'm still on the Soylent Green is a documentary train

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Where's the kickstarter link :argh:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The postman book is pretty weird, David Brin thinks Nietzsche is "anti-enlightenment" and thus a satanic corruptor

There's also cyborg people

Also:

I'm mildly annoyed that I'm only just now learning how trumpy James Buchanan was

And when going to the white house, he accidentally ate some raw sewage and almost died

twoday
May 4, 2005

2DCAT posted:

Where's the kickstarter link :argh:

I have to double check prices for shipping stuff and they need to authenticate me, will take a few days

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday posted:

Sounds more like

In the postman movie Kevin Costner's character gets to be a sexy time hero since all the men somehow got sterilized.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
the mail always goes through
"You May Already Be a Winner!!!"

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Nebakenezzer posted:

Also:

I'm mildly annoyed that I'm only just now learning how trumpy James Buchanan was

And when going to the white house, he accidentally ate some raw sewage and almost died

piss is a form of raw sewage :pisstape:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

twoday you are not allowed to get sick and die from your roommate before the book is published

twoday
May 4, 2005

does anyone have any good quotes to put on the back of the cover?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

"The poster twoday? I wish him well." - Donald John Trump, 7/21/2020

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

"Says who?" -- Michael Cohen

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

twoday posted:

BASTA!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

"does anyone have any good quotes to put on the back of the cover?" - Twoday

twoday
May 4, 2005

lol

you don't have to quote someone, you can just make a comment about the book and I will quote you

these are pretty good though

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"How much extra to have it bound in human skin?" - Epic High Five

twoday
May 4, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

"How much extra to have it bound in human skin?" - Epic High Five

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
"where is the drat kickstarter link?!" - 2DCAT

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

That's okay, I'll keep buying that garbage.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

wear the hat, baloogan

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Did someone say Trump?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

twoday posted:

Paging A Fancy Hat

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
free crazycloud

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I am the ultimate member of The Book of the Month Club. ... Many books have been written about me, some good, some bad. Both happily and sadly, there will be more to come!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

twoday posted:

twoday
May 4, 2005

scanner check, one two

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

"I just want my username on the cover" -Crusty Nutsack

e: ^^^^ is religious supposed to be spelled wrong?

Crusty Nutsack has issued a correction as of 22:27 on Jul 22, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

Crusty Nutsack posted:

e: ^^^^ is religious supposed to be spelled wrong?

uhhhhhh

...yes

twoday
May 4, 2005

look, like half the book is spelled wrong

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

twoday posted:

then it's perfectly consistent :)

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

twoday posted:

should be half price then :colbert:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

accurate spelling? some say it's a good thing, not many people have heard of it, me? look I don't know - there's some good ways to say words in different ways, I know the best words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I read the book cover to cover and all I remember is sailor. Highly Recommended