Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

There seriously isn't enough love for the Trials Fusion run. It starts off a little slow on the easy tracks, but some of the poo poo the guy pulls off is loving insane. You need to go watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Mutation posted:

Oh boy.

Apparently there was a drunken orgy and uh,

http://pastebin.com/6JmhEriM

Oh good god

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Mutation posted:

Oh boy.

Haha wow, that's great. Nothing like apologizing to her husband, then telling him how "special" she is and how he shouldn't take her for granted. And on Pastebin, to boot.

I love how progressively worse and worse things happen with each marathon.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

wa27 posted:

Haha wow, that's great. Nothing like apologizing to her husband, then telling him how "special" she is and how he shouldn't take her for granted. And on Pastebin, to boot.

I love how progressively worse and worse things happen with each marathon.

What's happened in previous marathons, anyways? First one I've watched was AGDQ 2013.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
:smith:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Red Red Blue posted:

There seriously isn't enough love for the Trials Fusion run. It starts off a little slow on the easy tracks, but some of the poo poo the guy pulls off is loving insane. You need to go watch it.
The save he has about 2/3 of the way through the run is mind blowing.

My Clash at Demonhead run had some real marathon luck kick it in the junk mid-run (required drop fell through the floor, then got skipped by an enemy dying offscreen while farming to make it up). Other than that it was a really strong run. Moment of the marathon for me was definitely a tie between suddenly realizing I was talking through the most difficult part of my run while somehow pulling it off, and hamming up the Michael/Richard lines while hosting for Metal Wolf Chaos.

Behind the scenes fun was stuff like going for "Gutbuster" burritos with Mecha Richter, PJ, and Klaige, general good times, setting up a four-way Straight Baseball Life match between people who hadn't played before, and a whole host of other things which are really hard to remember tired as I am from traveling.

I had a great time, and great big thanks to a couple of my regular stream viewers donating some solid chunks of change during/after Demonhead! Dunno if any of y'all post here, but thanks for contributing to a great cause. :)

The hype train for AGDQ is already beginning.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Mutation posted:

Oh boy.

Great job Stiv! I am rooting for you always! You should be proud.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Mutation posted:

Oh boy.

This might not be the most appropriate thing to bring up when confessing you banged someone's wife:

quote:

Speaking of her being your wife, I just want to say that I strongly advise you to not take her for granted. She is something special, always remember that.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Christ, this thread turned dark fast. Great way to ruin a good thing.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Yukari posted:

What's happened in previous marathons, anyways? First one I've watched was AGDQ 2013.

Really nothing on that scale. The second best thing was Cosmo's uncomfortable Wind Waker run at AGDQ2013. And then there was the marathon after Jman got slapped on stream, and the subtle donation comments that snuck through were great.

Oh, and one time there was a guy who ate his earwax on camera.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
Carcinogen's Resident Evil 2 run was really good too. It started out a little rough, but he quickly got into it and provided solid commentary on the techniques and routing choices throughout.

It would've benefited from a little lav pop filter, but that's really my only complaint about it.

Deschain
Nov 17, 2006

to the dark tower came

wa27 posted:

The second best thing was Cosmo's uncomfortable Wind Waker run at AGDQ2013.
What? I watched that whole run, I didn't notice anything particularly uncomfortable. What happened?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Fancy Hat! posted:

He banged someone's wife

Deschain
Nov 17, 2006

to the dark tower came

Suspicious Dish posted:

He banged someone's wife
To be fair, the wife banged him just as much as he banged the wife

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
It was probably over pretty quick, too. :downsrim:

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I had a great time, and great big thanks to a couple of my regular stream viewers donating some solid chunks of change during/after Demonhead! Dunno if any of y'all post here, but thanks for contributing to a great cause. :)

It was awesome seeing so many names I recognize from lurking in your stream sending out so many donations!! In mine I wanted you to give a smug-rear end Pac-Man "HEH" to everyone. :D

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Sardonik posted:

Is this a premature ejaculation joke or a speedrunning joke?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Sardonik posted:

I wonder if it was tool assisted! HE-YUCK HE-YUCK.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Summer Dames Done Quick: A XXX Parody

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Summer Gamers Done Quick 2014

Deschain posted:

Yeah, if you're married you're definitely the one who holds the most responsibility in situations like this, but it's stupid from everyone involved.

I'd also say that it's nobody else's business but then why would you put that on a public pastebin. :psyduck:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mutation posted:

Oh boy.

:gooncamp:

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Kanfy posted:

I'd also say that it's nobody else's business but then why would you put that on a public pastebin. :psyduck:

I'd imagine that's what most people are wondering. It seems like exactly the kind of thing you would not want public, unless it's some kind of trick to find out what kind of bullshit people are willing to eat up in an endless hunger for community drama.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

All I want to do is go fast.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

BloodWulfe posted:

Carcinogen's Resident Evil 2 run was really good too. It started out a little rough, but he quickly got into it and provided solid commentary on the techniques and routing choices throughout.

It would've benefited from a little lav pop filter, but that's really my only complaint about it.

That dude is a beast with RE games, although his least favorite is RE4 so...

Deschain posted:

Summer Gamers Done Quick 2014: To be fair, the wife banged him just as much as he banged the wife

edit

Kanfy posted:

For real. Is that actually from stiv? That's some seriously personal stuff and not something the internet should be getting ahold of.

Welp, nevermind.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 1, 2014

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Who is Stiv anyway? There's too many runners in one place, I can't keep track of them all.

e: And for that matter, the girl he banged.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Suspicious Dish posted:

He banged someone's wife

Well, that's sort of what I meant. Ruining a great cause by doing this awful thing and then having it be sort of public. Eugh.

Renegret posted:

Who is Stiv anyway? There's too many runners in one place, I can't keep track of them all.

e: And for that matter, the girl he banged.

As far as I know, he's a big Banjo-Kazooie runner.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
Isn't that the couple that celebrated getting married by streaming pokemon 24 hours a day for a month straight? Their relationship was probably doomed from the start if they can go that long without sex as newlyweds.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

That dude is a beast with RE games, although his least favorite is RE4 so...

For sure. He was doing a bunch of all scenario RE2 runs before SGDQ and got a 4:39. I was sort of hoping to see that at a GDQ, but it's also way longer than a regular Claire run.

The only RE4 run I've seen was the one at AGDQ 2014, and that was, uh, not very good. It was actually pretty terrible. Probably not the best first impression of playing RE4 quickly.

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002

Taratang posted:

Isn't that the couple that celebrated getting married by streaming pokemon 24 hours a day for a month straight? Their relationship was probably doomed from the start if they can go that long without sex as newlyweds.

Yeah
They just finished a 150 hour Mario Kart 8 marathon before heading to SGDQ.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

BloodWulfe posted:

For sure. He was doing a bunch of all scenario RE2 runs before SGDQ and got a 4:39. I was sort of hoping to see that at a GDQ, but it's also way longer than a regular Claire run.

The only RE4 run I've seen was the one at AGDQ 2014, and that was, uh, not very good. It was actually pretty terrible. Probably not the best first impression of playing RE4 quickly.

You mean the NG+ run that skipped literally everything and one-shot every boss with a NG+ instakill gun? Yeah, that was super dumb.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Mutation posted:

Oh boy.

According to the FAQ on their twitch page, she's only 18, so she couldn't have even been drunk unless someone was extremely irresponsible. I guess she just figured that a nerd charity marathon she went to with her husband was a great opportunity to gently caress everything that moves.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Do reasonable people generally get married at 18?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

They streamed themselves playing Pokémon for a month, you tell me if you consider them reasonable people.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is this the same girl that sat on the lap of some dude who wasn't her boyfriend/husband/whatever?

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002

Takoluka posted:

Dude, their FAQ clearly states they got married because they are were in love.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Jesus H. Christ, what made Stiv a candidate? Does he have a 12-inch shlong? Who fucks a speedrunner?

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Suspicious Dish posted:

Is this a premature ejaculation joke or a speedrunning joke?

I like this one

condomskip

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Yukari posted:

At AGDQ this year, someone was thrown out for being drunk as hell and sexually harassing women at the event. He had to be brought out by the cops because he refused to leave, and he even gave them a hard time too (great idea).

Takoluka posted:

No, and running Pokemon for a month straight on stream means they obviously did not have sex for a month straight. That is not a healthy thing for a young couple to do, ever.

ffhanger
Nov 20, 2008

Mutation posted:

Oh boy.

Sweet delicious drama. This line cracks me up:

quote:

I'm not going to speak for the other guys.

Fancy Hat! posted:

Ruin?! The entertainment value just went through the roof!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

DoctorWhat posted:

Jesus H. Christ, what made Stiv a candidate? Does he have a 12-inch shlong? Who fucks a speedrunner?

I am a happily married speedrunner and have two lovely children.

• Locked thread