Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Yorkshire Tea posted:

This is the same Kai that didn't realise that Goku and Vegeta were more powerful than basically anything else in the universe.

There might be a few oversights.

He doesn't keep track of fight power. Punchsports aren't his thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dexo posted:

Man it's almost like that's the literal reason why U7 is so low.

Beerus and Kaio-shin are incompetent

No it's impossible that this universe devastated by universal threats like Buu or Frieza could only have a few planets

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

It doesn't both me, but that number does feel too low. Even 28,000 would still be a low number of planets.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Planets with sapient life on them though?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dexo posted:

Planets with sapient life on them though?

There are 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the actual universe. Even 28,000 with sapient life would be a pretty low ratio.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Do you know who Frieza and Buu are? Have you actually watched DBZ?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Caros posted:

God the 28 planets thing is dumb. Beerus has casually wiped out 1/15th of all life sustaining planets in the galaxy on screen in Dragonball Super.

Didn't they say he'd blown up 8 and a half planets?

So really it's closer to a fifth.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
The 28 planets thing doesn't seem like it's worth thinking about too much because it seems like the sort of thing the writers themselves didn't put too much thought into. The writers likely just picked a number that would be low enough for Supreme Kai to be able to scout them all out and come back empty handed (or with fighters who are still weaker than the ones from Earth) within 48 hours. It'll likely just boil down to being used as part of a quick joke or at the absolute most something along the lines of an episode where Supreme Kai goes hopping between planets with Jaco as his guide.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Aurora posted:

No it's impossible that this universe devastated by universal threats like Buu or Frieza could only have a few planets

I mean RoF arc had them (Freiza's Army) say they had like 500 planets under their control or some poo poo. http://mangastream.com/r/dragon_ball_z_rebirth_of_f/1/2705/8

Not to mention the Galactic Alliance, Earth, Yardrat, New Namek, the planet with the guy who knows everything, the planet goku learned fusion from, the planet Tarble is on, the planets of the two goons Babidi brought, the planet that Whis mentioned had a nice sauce. Like Frieza was the ruler of a single galaxy in a Universe with trillions of Galaxies if it's anything like ours.

Kild fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 26, 2017

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
The way I see it there are three options here:

1. There are more than 28 planets with sapient life, and Beerus and Supreme Kai are so bad at their jobs they don't realize that.

2. There used to be way more planets with sapient life, and Beerus and Supreme Kai are so bad at their jobs that they let Freeze, Buu, et al. destroy most of them

3. There being only 28 planets with sapient life is pretty normal for the size of the universe, and Beerus and Supreme Kai are so bad at their jobs that they can't even properly keep track of that handful.

Regardless of which is right, I feel confident that the reason U7 is the second worst universe falls pretty squarely on their shoulders.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Remember back when the Supreme Kai was first introduced, and for an entire episode people thought he was cool and mysterious? Then the cracks started showing. Poor guy.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Rutibex posted:

There are 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the actual universe. Even 28,000 with sapient life would be a pretty low ratio.

Doesn't each universe only have like four galaxies in them, with one Kai responsible for each? 28 does seem kinda goofy but I thought Dragon Ball was meant to have a relatively compact cosmology compared to our own.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
When questioning something like this, remember the oldest adage in Dragon Ball fan history:

"Toriyama is making this poo poo up as he goes."

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Rutibex posted:

Living on a star killed them all instantly, solved! :)

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I think there were only four galaxies, then Broly blew one up. 28 still seems low, even accounting for Beerus, Freeza, Buu, or whatever, but who knows, Dragonball is weird. Maybe Xeno iced a few while playing Xeno-Chess.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Broly isn't canon :psyduck:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you guys are going dangerously autistic :siren:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

no they're not.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

sassassin posted:

Trunks won't train with a girl because unlike people itt he remembers how badly girls get their asses kicked in Dragonball.

i can't believe the teletubby mother is going to get brutally destroyed on-screen

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

TFRazorsaw posted:

no they're not.

You've gone full autist :siren:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Haha yeah autism is hilarious

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm sorry, I should have known it would hit a little too close itt

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zzulu posted:

TFRazorsaw is literally autistic so, yeah, you're being a dick right now.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Zzulu posted:

:jerkbag:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

you guys are going dangerously autistic :siren:

Man, if you think this is anywhere near autist levels of DBZ discussion, you clearly have not been in the DBZ fandom long. Would you care for a multipage discussion of Original music versus Faulconer score? Or perhaps a lenghty discussion of whether Super Perfect Cell was stronger than Dabura? Hell, I'm pretty sure that over half the people in this thread could whip up a full thesis-length justification of why Kid Buu is stronger than Gohan-absorbed Super Buu or vice-versa at a moment's notice.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Aurora posted:

Haha yeah autism is hilarious

This guy gets it

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

TFRazorsaw is literally autistic so, yeah, you're being a dick right now.

He would be even if I wasn't.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

sassassin posted:

Trunks won't train with a girl because unlike people itt he remembers how badly girls get their asses kicked in Dragonball.
Trunks needs to train with a true warrior, someone so powerful even Papa Vegeta was easily crushed:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The strongest beings in the DB universe are Arale and Bulma.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

The strongest beings in the DB universe are Arale and Bulma.

Black killed Bulma pretty easily.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

sassassin posted:

Black killed Bulma pretty easily.

Future Bulma

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Zamasu was immune to current Bulma's powers, too.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Condiv posted:

do you think we'll see any u6 earthlings in the tournament?

It would be hilarious if it turns out u6 was lower or had roughly the same ningen level as u7, but Beerus wishing u6's earth back bump it up a few places ahead.

Also, Bulla was conceived after Vegeta got access to Blue Form. Bulla is going to kick so much rear end.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
Vegeta kept going blue when she cried, not because he was being protective of her, but because he can sense her power and wanted to protect everyone else from her.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bulma is part of a rock/paper/scissors power triad. Arale beats Bulma, Bulma beats Beerus, and Beerus beats Arale.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

lezard_valeth posted:

Also, Bulla was conceived after Vegeta got access to Blue Form. Bulla is going to kick so much rear end.

How do you figure?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

lezard_valeth posted:

It would be hilarious if it turns out u6 was lower or had roughly the same ningen level as u7, but Beerus wishing u6's earth back bump it up a few places ahead.

i really hope we see some of u6 earth

though i'm also curious what the other gods think of body modification like the androids. the kais seemed p down on it, but then again they've been down on a lot of poo poo no-one cared about a lot

i bet the mecha fan kai will love them

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

multijoe posted:

Doesn't each universe only have like four galaxies in them, with one Kai responsible for each? 28 does seem kinda goofy but I thought Dragon Ball was meant to have a relatively compact cosmology compared to our own.

no, each kai controls a direction of the universe. King Kai controlling the north part of it which the Milky Way is in.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I just wish they would stop fooling around eating food and birthing babies. Every hour they waste with bullshit is 15.2 days of training they are pissing away in the time chamber. Why is Goku flying around to find people? You can teleport! Why aren't they telling the other fighters whats at stake? I'm pretty sure Bulma would be on point and stop fooling around if they told her what was happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rutibex posted:

I just wish they would stop fooling around eating food and birthing babies. Every hour they waste with bullshit is 15.2 days of training they are pissing away in the time chamber. Why is Goku flying around to find people? You can teleport! Why aren't they telling the other fighters whats at stake? I'm pretty sure Bulma would be on point and stop fooling around if they told her what was happening.

because goku is not yet ready for the first step, where he admits he has a problem

• Locked thread