Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh hey Dawncaster update with new DLC, new cards and stuff

quote:

Additional updates and features:
* 32 (free) new cards & talents!
* Balance changes to many cards and talents
* Cloud saves
* Bugfixes & QoL changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Corbeau posted:

Seems to be back in multiple forms, actually. What I've been playing is the Android client for duelyst.gg, which is a re-creation of the original game by a fan developer. There is also an official Duelyst II with IP rights that had an alpha test sometime in the past month, but it's back to closed development.

I've no idea what, if anything, will happen to duelyst.gg after Duelyst II releases. In the meantime, duelyst.gg is great because it has no metaprogression designed to microtransact your wallet into the grave. You just have access to every card implemented, straight-up.

That's fuckin sick and I hope it gets to stick around, gonna check that out.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

explosivo posted:

Oh hey Dawncaster update with new DLC, new cards and stuff

Aw man they fixed the upgrade stacking :(

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
I have been getting a lot of use out of my Razer Kishi since I discovered Delta Touch, Quad Touch and Zeta Touch. Are there any other great ports of shooters with easy controller and gyro binding?

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

Are there any games like old school Drug Wars? Just goods trading, minor upgrade paths, etc. Would prefer no or simple combat (pass/fail) which seems to be the issue with everything I've found so far. I realize it's mostly a number-go-up game at that point but haven't found any of those that 'clicked' either.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pocket Academy 3 is out in English and it's very good if you like Kairosoft stuff

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Pocket Academy 3 is out in English and it's very good if you like Kairosoft stuff

Thank you! Downloading now. I loved Kairosoft stuff but it's been years since I've played one.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
Having picked up the latest Dungeon Village, I can tell you they haven't updated their interface in years either. Do they still think people are playing from a numpad or something?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I probably need to give Dungeon Village 2 more of a chance, but I didn’t understand what’s good about the gameplay. I felt like all I was really doing was giving gifts to people and not really deciding anything else. The rest was wait until I have enough money and plop a new building somewhere. I had never played a Kairosoft game before, am I missing something? lovely gift simulator was not what I had in mind so I admittedly gave up pretty early.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Dungeon village 2 is a town builder where you can give some gifts/gear to your visitors. It’s mainly a town building sim with some guidance over the heroes who visit the areas. They act automatically, like dwarf fortress but without cats wandering through booze and getting drunk when they clean themselves.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

but without cats wandering through booze and getting drunk when they clean themselves.

aw gently caress

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Are there any significant changes from the first game, or is it just more of the same?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
I have $18 in Google funny money. What's good/new, particularly in premium games?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Man Dawncaster needs better loving documentation, I don't know what half this poo poo means even after reading their stupid description. How the gently caress do I use souls???

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Man Dawncaster needs better loving documentation, I don't know what half this poo poo means even after reading their stupid description. How the gently caress do I use souls???

Via cards that spend souls, or, you die with 100+ souls, lose 100,and get to keep going

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

leper khan posted:

I have $18 in Google funny money. What's good/new, particularly in premium games?

I'm almost there, too, and have been wondering.

I have a grocery story that I go to or by every day and they pay about $0.50 each time.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

leper khan posted:

Quote is not edit. loving phone

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I wish there was more in the way of simple, playable rpgs, especially tacrpg or fire emblems, that weren't gacha or constant bombardment of fomo. I want to buy and play a goddamn game.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

NinjaDebugger posted:

I wish there was more in the way of simple, playable rpgs, especially tacrpg or fire emblems, that weren't gacha or constant bombardment of fomo. I want to buy and play a goddamn game.

This is me too.

Also I think I'm gonna refund dawncaster. It's too fiddly and doesn't make learning the game easy, and I just wanted something new to gently caress around with.

There's actually many games I like to play, but the ad experience is just awful and they don't offer no-ads. It's really disappointing.

sephiRoth IRA fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 29, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

NinjaDebugger posted:

Via cards that spend souls, or, you die with 100+ souls, lose 100,and get to keep going

*note: Does not stack with that talent that does the same thing.

Also there is some limit on how many times you can draw to an empty deck or reshuffle your deck.

I do not know what this limit is, but it exists.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

CainFortea posted:

Also there is some limit on how many times you can draw to an empty deck or reshuffle your deck.

It's called Fatigue and you can see the limit on your character screen (Fatigue Resistance).

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

CainFortea posted:

Yeah I killed myself before because of this. Started taking tons of damage and didn't realize it was because I was "out of cards".

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

leper khan posted:

Slice & Dice. Free demo, $7 to unlock the full game. No freemium BS.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com.tann.dice&hl=en_US&gl=US

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Vulpes posted:

It's called Fatigue and you can see the limit on your character screen (Fatigue Resistance).

Okay, but like, it's just a number. It doesn't mean anything. My current run has a fatigue resistance of "3". 3 what?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

CainFortea posted:

Okay, but like, it's just a number. It doesn't mean anything. My current run has a fatigue resistance of "3". 3 what?

Long press on the stat and it will tell you what it does. In this case, you can reshuffle your deck 3 times before you start to take damage (then the damage ramps up, first time is 10% of health, then 20%, etc).

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Vulpes posted:

Long press on the stat and it will tell you what it does. In this case, you can reshuffle your deck 3 times before you start to take damage (then the damage ramps up, first time is 10% of health, then 20%, etc).

Thank you, you have been far more helpful than the game itself has been in explaining this part!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

leper khan posted:

If you have a tablet and like point n click adventure games I'd recommend Kathy Rain: Directors Cut. Something I purchased recently for my gf who quite enjoyed it

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Baba is You mobile version recently got the new level packs in a free update that has been out for a while on PC and Switch. Great amount of content for just 7 bucks.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

So the Ys mobile game came out and it looks like it's sort of one of those auto mmos, I'll keep going for a bit as a Ys fan but I'm not hopefu

BoldFace posted:

Baba is You mobile version recently got the new level packs in a free update that has been out for a while on PC and Switch. Great amount of content for just 7 bucks.

Warning it will make you feel stupid

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Farquar posted:

Slice & Dice. Free demo, $7 to unlock the full game. No freemium BS.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com.tann.dice&hl=en_US&gl=US

Also, it's Goon-made. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982295

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cerepol posted:

So the Ys mobile game came out and it looks like it's sort of one of those auto mmos, I'll keep going for a bit as a Ys fan but I'm not hopefu

There's no point in that, just stop playing it. It's worse than the PC Ys MMO that was made in the mid 2000s

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'm looking forward to being disappointed by that Front Mission mobile game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The new YS mobile game at least nails the visual style of a YS game but the gameplay is so dire it might as well be a visual novel instead.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

NinjaDebugger posted:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

leper khan posted:

I don't think it's worth the $7 if you're using real money, but I enjoyed the new classes and enemies Pawnbarian added when I upgraded from the demo, so I don't regret spending google fun bucks on it. I'd play until you beat the demo before buying, and if you get sick of it before then I wouldn't recommend buying the full version.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

NinjaDebugger posted:

There's a studio that does these on Android, Kemco, I believe? They make like pretty involved system-style 2D RPGs with sprites predominantly, but they recently did a card roguelike and some 3d stuff too. They've got a pretty robust catalogue of 7-10 dollar RPGs of a lot of different types. I'd have to think they touched on Fire Emblem/Tactics at some point, because a lot of the games have obvious influences from classic RPGs

There's another one, Doom and Destiny, that's a series of games made by a guy/small studio that's are pretty final fantasy 1/2/3-esque.

The siralim series is excellent, but definitely has a definitive best version in Ultimate. Siralim is a real technical moster breeder-type rpg. People say it has essentially infinite depth, if that's your bag? Lot of "post-game."

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Standingstoic posted:

There's a studio that does these on Android, Kemco, I believe? They make like pretty involved system-style 2D RPGs with sprites predominantly, but they recently did a card roguelike and some 3d stuff too. They've got a pretty robust catalogue of 7-10 dollar RPGs of a lot of different types. I'd have to think they touched on Fire Emblem/Tactics at some point, because a lot of the games have obvious influences from classic RPGs

There's another one, Doom and Destiny, that's a series of games made by a guy/small studio that's are pretty final fantasy 1/2/3-esque.

The siralim series is excellent, but definitely has a definitive best version in Ultimate. Siralim is a real technical moster breeder-type rpg. People say it has essentially infinite depth, if that's your bag? Lot of "post-game."

the Kemco stuff wanders randomly because "the worst of RPGMaker trash" and "actually good", but I've worked through much of their catalog, not a fan of Doom & Destiny, and loving Siralim has garbage on-screen controls instead of tap controls or controller support last I checked, so gently caress that poo poo. Seriously, I do not want to play a goddamn turn-based RPG with my giant thumbs obscuring large chunks of the screen, that's almost as bad as doing that in an action game.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
This is a long shot, but has anybody had issues with games not loading after some Play Store updates yesterday? I have a game, Kingdom: New Lands, which worked until last night, but now when I try to open it, it's just a blank screen (while the Play Games bubble shows at the top of the screen). The only thing I can think of that changed during that time was I updated a bunch of apps in the Play Store. Not quite sure which ones exactly. I've already tried clearing all the caches I can think of, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app even though I'm pretty sure I'll lose my progress, which I was hoping to avoid. Obviously also turned the phone off and on. But nothing works. Anyone else seeing anything like this? Or is it really just this one game kicking the bucket for whatever reason?

EDIT: I haven't ever played it much, but Among Us is one of the only other big games I have installed on my phone, so I tried it, and that seems to be having a similar issue. Just stays on the loading screen forever. This loading screen happens to be a little more animated so it's easier to tell (Kingdom is extremely minimalist so I think there's actually a completely black screen at first). So I really don't get what's going on. I've already rebooted, obviously. Hoping I don't have to nuke the whole thing.

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Sep 7, 2022

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Android 13 kind of broke slay the spire for me. If I lock my phone or swipe out while playing, it crashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Ok so I think I resolved the issue, sort of. I went into the app settings and noticed that, by default as far as I can tell, Android was blocking all possible permissions to the app. Since it's an older game and it doesn't really use permissions at all, except perhaps for interfacing with Play Games, I figured that might be the issue. This mostly came to mind because I went ahead and bought the newer version of the game, which I kind of wanted to do anyway, and on startup it asked for permissions to Play Games.

So I guess the damage was already done in a sense, but at least now I kind of know how to fix it, even though I'm probably not going to be playing that one much anymore.