Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the strongest bug?
This poll is closed.
Praying mantis 91 21.06%
🐜 71 16.44%
🦂 56 12.96%
🕷 46 10.65%
🦎 101 23.38%
Centipede 67 15.51%
Total: 432 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

SchrodingersCat posted:

lol, the US is so beholden to Saudi Arabia and helps prop up their evil government, and then SA sides with Putin and offers no negotiation on oil issues.

I love how the US keeps shooting itself with these one sided relationships with countries like Saudi Arabia and Israel.

its wild how all our allies either give us poo poo in exchange for nothing or receive poo poo in exchange for nothing and theres no middle ground between the two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

if the usa made a virus that only killed minorities or poor people they'd unleash it loving instantly

Reagan and the CIA already released crack tho?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

The Ukraine Virus :imunfunny:

lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/phildstewart/status/1501248112005988357

i feel like this isnt the kind of offer you make if you have lots of your own equipment on hand

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

if the usa made a virus that only killed minorities or poor people they'd unleash it loving instantly

crack
aids
student loans
covid

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
has anything worth discussing happened since zelensky signed off on handing out guns to anyone who asked nicely, aside from more azov photo-ops

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

0:50 "for russian workers learning to be courteous was culture shock"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1501254432058716164

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Homeless Friend posted:

anybody whose read blade of the immortal can tell you: the swastika is cool

Sure thing feric jaggar

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

it's also becoming clear that this is not limited to azov, nazi regalia looks pretty common among the rank and file ukrainian soldiery. which shouldn't be a surprise, considering that soldiers at war tend towards extremism (i'm sure there's tons of weird and deeply suspect attitudes in the russian camp as well + kadyrov's army of psychos), but it does demonstrate a part of the problem with including an explicit nazi batallion as a valourised part of your official army, namely that naziism then gets an official sanction with hardcore guys posing a "good" example

It's not just the "soldiers at war made into extremists" thing. Ukrainian nationalism is a movement descended from anti-Soviet Nazi collaborators. Their whole national identity and mythos is linked to it (note the constant imagery and praise for Bandera and the OUN).

So you basically have far-right anticommunists who, due to the circumstances of history, now have their hatred aimed at modern Russia, another right-wing nation (and also anyone within their country unfortunate enough to be non-white).

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

etalian posted:

Can we at least agree that Zelensky is

Since people adore him even though he's obsessed with making others die for his dream

gently caress you for reminding me Berserk will never be finished

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

has anything worth discussing happened since zelensky signed off on handing out guns to anyone who asked nicely, aside from more azov photo-ops

People lynching Russian speakers but that probably would've happened anyways

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

It's not just the "soldiers at war made into extremists" thing. Ukrainian nationalism is a movement descended from anti-Soviet Nazi collaborators. Their whole national identity and mythos is linked to it (note the constant imagery and praise for Bandera and the OUN).

So you basically have far-right anticommunists who, due to the circumstances of history, now have their hatred aimed at modern Russia, another right-wing nation (and also anyone within their country unfortunate enough to be non-white).

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

lmao nice text.

Not a whole lot has happened recently, it looks like the Russians are either prepping for the siege or waiting to see how negotiations are going or both.

or demoralized, starved and getting owned by militias, if you believe some overly optimistic accounts.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

SorePotato posted:

People lynching Russian speakers but that probably would've happened anyways

yurp

weird to be watching something with the full knowledge that no matter what else happens, the best case scenario is only three years of a country torn apart by rival sectarian militias

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1501353622763819009

this is bad news...for putin

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
Why did we let nazis ruin all the good shapes?
Every time i learn about a cool shape i've ever seen before its because its a fascist dog whistle
Trying to be fashionable not "fascinable"

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

thank loving god, for now the nukes remain unlaunched

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Ytlaya posted:

Without saying I necessarily disagree with your broad strokes here, what is your point? Ukraine should be folded into Russia? It does not have a legitimate claim to sovereignty?

yunichel
Apr 27, 2010
Poland playing hot potato with the jets lmao

They also said they would get the same number of US jets in return without consulting the US? hahah

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/schwarz/status/1500512150829346817?t=Zosiv5c0ZauY7hsWHwY_sQ&s=19

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

lol, this fuckup has been one of the most amusing episodes in this conflict.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/phildstewart/status/1501248112005988357

i feel like this isnt the kind of offer you make if you have lots of your own equipment on hand

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/backbonegame/status/1501341749679067136

did we ever figure out if this is a good charity or a grift

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/Sturgeons_Law/status/1501326158180208641

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

There’s been speculation as long as I can remember that low, slow, Colts (AN-2) would be used for air landings by the DPRK. They have an absurdly low stall speed so you can use them like those WW2 gliders.

The Hostomel airport battle honestly made me think if there isn't a place for a modern design of glider in airborne operations.

Then again, people have been trying to made zeppelins work for aerial logistics and observation forever and apparently it just doesn't work, so probably just my foolish romanticism speaking.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

I AM HEREBY OFFERING $400 TO ANYONE WHO BRINGS ME A CAPTURED 2018+ MODEL YEAR VEHICLE IN GOOD CONDITION

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Karl Barks posted:

Without saying I necessarily disagree with your broad strokes here, what is your point? Ukraine should be folded into Russia? It does not have a legitimate claim to sovereignty?

the point is that NATO, as it has since its formation, is actively supporting nazi takeovers of foreign powers in the hope nazis will serve as a better counterbalance to Russian interests, OP

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

yeah they're the ruling party of taiwan

KMT is currently the minority party, try to keep up

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

What I almost dislike most about this is the attempt to claim furry as an inborn sexuality, and no, I'm not one the goons still carrying the torch for ancient Internet grudge fights

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Karl Barks posted:

Maybe their national history has less odious elements than a fascistic collaborator who actively adopted the ideology of his germanic Bulls?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

$3000 guaranteed trade in valve on your old car energy

to the dealership the cash is a pittance, but for you it seems like a good deal

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hey i remember this from the early 2000s

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Freezer posted:

lol, this fuckup has been one of the most amusing episodes in this conflict.

it seems to me this "lend-lease" plan is pretty obvious what's going on boys!!!! uh oh!!!

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
those dastardly russians figured out our plans yet again!! spys!!! EVERYWHERE SPYS

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Seatbelts posted:

Why did we let nazis ruin all the good shapes?
Every time i learn about a cool shape i've ever seen before its because its a fascist dog whistle
Trying to be fashionable not "fascinable"

The chief export of ancient Germanic tribes was cool shapes and unfortunately, when the Romans invaded, they inextricably linked forever fascism with those same cool shapes. It's one of the great tragedies of history.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Tankbuster posted:

Maybe their national history has less odious elements than a fascistic collaborator who actively adopted the ideology of his germanic Bulls?

The Russian Empire's history is less bad than Ukraine's history, therefore...???

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I cannot believe it, like this is driving me insane, but the US has been developing Nazi-dolphin hybrid soldiers in Ukrainian biolabs. And these superhuman warriors are fighting the Russian army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Morbus posted:

I AM HEREBY OFFERING $400 TO ANYONE WHO BRINGS ME A CAPTURED 2018+ MODEL YEAR VEHICLE IN GOOD CONDITION

wait you already posted my own take before I scrolled i concede to you good sir