Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Velthice posted:

I can't wait for the Nier style new game plus where you hear the voices of the things you kill and also their new/un? born children. That part was rad.

Isn’t that already the DRK 60-70?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

Isn’t that already the DRK 60-70?

You know, now that I think about it...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

i'm going through a poo poo dungeon killing ACTUAL PEOPLE.

I mean, it's not much different from PotD. Or the random enemy Lalafells, Miqo'te, etc., that are around the world map.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah but the they didn't deserve it

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I mean, it's not much different from PotD. Or the random enemy Lalafells, Miqo'te, etc., that are around the world map.

I mean the difference there is that those are all hostile to you for reasons very much under their control. The poachers/bandits/fantasy nazis didn't have to attack you, they chose to. Meanwhile the Tonberries are only attacking you due to a curse put on them by other rear end in a top hat lalafels (the Mhach) and are immediately friendly as soon as it's broken.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean the HW dungeons have multiple instances of you going into a dragon's home and murdering all their babies and dragons are more people than lalafell are.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

ImpAtom posted:

I mean the HW dungeons have multiple instances of you going into a dragon's home and murdering all their babies and dragons are more people than lalafell are.

If those hundred year old babies didn't want to be murdered maybe they shouldn't aggro on sight.

More seriously though, you can make a great case that one should feel bad about murdering Nidhogg's brood. Much like the Tonberries it isn't really their choice to be filled with bloodlust like they are, all of that is on Nidhogg literally forcing them to with his unending blood rage. Some of them, see quite a number of Fates in the Churning Mists, are just assholes though.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ibblebibble posted:

Any crit gear actually wants +skill speed, once you have a certain amount you'll be able to go under 2.00 GCD at GL3.

My GCD with GL3 is 1.99 right now.

This isn't fully slotted or optimized in any way, with food:
Critical Hit 1000
Determination 1238
Direct Hit 1198
Skill Speed 1423

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

ryde posted:

I've started playing this game again. Are any goons still playing on Faerie? My FC only has a handful of people left, and it'd be nice to have a linkshell or something else to fill the gap.

Me. Holler Feona Elgrande if you see me around. I don't have goon LS anymore, but I think I still see if few of us here and there.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ah, you have to complete the 50 class quest, before you can start another relic quest, as long as you're not currently on that questline already.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Why are you people not up to date on your job quests to begin with.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Why are you people not up to date on your job quests to begin with.

I sometimes don't stay up to date because I'm saving them so I can do a bunch of them at once because they're great.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Eopia posted:

If those hundred year old babies didn't want to be murdered maybe they shouldn't aggro on sight.

More seriously though, you can make a great case that one should feel bad about murdering Nidhogg's brood. Much like the Tonberries it isn't really their choice to be filled with bloodlust like they are, all of that is on Nidhogg literally forcing them to with his unending blood rage. Some of them, see quite a number of Fates in the Churning Mists, are just assholes though.

Niddhogg's song is basically Tempering anyway when it comes to other Dragonkin. The dragoon quest has you tracking down some dragon's consort who was part of Nidhogg's brood but hosed off during the start of the Dragonsong War, and it takes you, Estinien, her fledgling child, and her consort himself showing up the finally break her out of her blind rage. The rest of Niddhogg's brood is probably completely beyond redemption

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
My policy wrt class quests is to wait until half a level before the capstone quest (30/50/60/70, since these are the ones that give abilities now) and then do the entire storyline in one shot.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Sade posted:

My policy wrt class quests is to wait until half a level before the capstone quest (30/50/60/70, since these are the ones that give abilities now) and then do the entire storyline in one shot.

45 is still worth doing solely for the 4 pieces of armor that are leaps and bounds better than anything you will loot or buy until you hit 50.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Frabba posted:

45 is still worth doing solely for the 4 pieces of armor that are leaps and bounds better than anything you will loot or buy until you hit 50.

Yeah, for your first job at least, that gear will help you along quite a bit during that last push to 50.

After your first job, and once your character is more established, you have faster options to power your way to 50 so the AF armor isn't as critical. But it still looks cool and you can always throw it in the Armoire.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
More Unending Coil spoilers: Public streams found Phoenix. The good news is that he's on our side and gives us a damage buff! The bad news is that's all he does. The worse news is that Bahamut Prime goes Super Saiyan and gets all his HP back. Cue final phase.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SL the Pyro posted:

More Unending Coil spoilers: Public streams found Phoenix. The good news is that he's on our side and gives us a damage buff! The bad news is that's all he does. The worse news is that Bahamut Prime goes Super Saiyan and gets all his HP back. Cue final phase.

Extremely loving anime.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SL the Pyro posted:

This is probably section of the fight with the mechanic that makes Nisi look pedestrian too, unless it's the chains where Twin and Nael are when they both die. I imagine Bahamut's chucking out super Akh Morns and just generally making your life hell now that presumably, Nael and Twin are out of the fight for good.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Nov 2, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

Wait until there’s one minute left on the timer to open the chests or you might not get loot

the best was tricking pubbies that the pet counted as one of their loot for the week in o4n and 24man raid. So they wouldn't roll on it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

SL the Pyro posted:

That looks so drat cool.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
it was actually a leak via one of these teams showing it to a friend and the friend just showed it to everyone else, the group is throwing a hissy fit over it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SL the Pyro posted:

Phoenix Blanco vs. El Grande Bahamut Doriado?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Phoenix Blanco vs. El Grande Bahamut Doriado?

Things have gotten way out of hand since Dun Scaith.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Things have gotten way out of hand since Dun Scaith.

It was out of hand since ARR was introduced with Super Elezen God Super Elezen. (Also know as Super Elezen Blue.)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I forgot we had a fusion dance back in 3.0 too. It's Dragonball all the way down.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I decided to tank the Dragon in Labyrinth at the Bone Zone, having heard such wonderful things. It appears one of the groups was not prepared for that and I annihilated some poor group on the second set of skeletons :laugh:

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Bolow posted:

I decided to tank the Dragon in Labyrinth at the Bone Zone, having heard such wonderful things. It appears one of the groups was not prepared for that and I annihilated some poor group on the second set of skeletons :laugh:

Good.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Fister Roboto posted:

Tonberries were lalafells, not people.

Well, they aren't lalafell now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bolow posted:

I did this once with a premade party, and everyone died except us. Alliance chat was screaming for our heads while we casually finished off the dragon because it has almost no HP.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

They still are! Just most of their body parts withered off.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mr happy is to blame for everyone thinking bone dragon is supposed to be tanked north, right?

KoB
May 1, 2009
I dont understand how you could wipe on the bone zone. Even missing everything you can still just brute force it these days.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

KoB posted:

I dont understand how you could wipe on the bone zone. Even missing everything you can still just brute force it these days.

I haven't seen a full wipe there in a really long time, even with all skeletons being ignored. You'll probably see 1 party get taken out because their healers were asleep at the wheel though.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Rand Brittain posted:

A potato that turns green and brown is still a potato.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

KoB posted:

The general population is extremely slow to adapt to new strats, particularly ones that come from massively outgearing the content. All they know is that someone made a video four years ago saying how it should be done, and that's how it should be done until the end of time. See also: people who still drag everything back and forth to the cannons in Castrum Meridianum. They don't understand that strats that were devised when the average ilevel was barely above 50 aren't necessary anymore.

And honestly, tanking the dragon in the north isn't THAT bad of an idea. It's just that people used to completely lose their poo poo if you did it a different way.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Fister Roboto posted:

And honestly, tanking the dragon in the north isn't THAT bad of an idea. It's just that people used to completely lose their poo poo if you did it a different way.

They still kinda do and that's what makes it fun.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

The general population is extremely slow to adapt to new strats, particularly ones that come from massively outgearing the content. All they know is that someone made a video four years ago saying how it should be done, and that's how it should be done until the end of time. See also: people who still drag everything back and forth to the cannons in Castrum Meridianum. They don't understand that strats that were devised when the average ilevel was barely above 50 aren't necessary anymore.

Tbh I think the cannons are still faster because they do full AoE damage.

KoB
May 1, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Tbh I think the cannons are still faster because they do full AoE damage.

Use them to kill the stuff nearby but people would pull everything out of the final area all the way back to the cannons and its just a huge waste of time these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

KoB posted:

Use them to kill the stuff nearby but people would pull everything out of the final area all the way back to the cannons and its just a huge waste of time these days

Especially since you have lb up at that point if nobody hosed up and a caster will one shot everything.