Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the strongest bug?
This poll is closed.
Praying mantis 91 21.06%
🐜 71 16.44%
🦂 56 12.96%
🕷 46 10.65%
🦎 101 23.38%
Centipede 67 15.51%
Total: 432 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Freezer posted:

Kyiv might fall but they can always fly their Command Center to a corner of the map and force a draw.

hiding a single paratrooper under a tree in one corner of the map, and a submarine in a tiny pond on the opposite corner, then sitting back like :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

eonwe posted:

hey man I forget my meds sometimes too

Here comes the cope express, all aboard

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
I thought putin said he would consider bank sanctions an act of war but he hasn't done jack poo poo about it

is he some kind of pussy or what

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Son of Man posted:

I thought putin said he would consider bank sanctions an act of war but he hasn't done jack poo poo about it

is he some kind of pussy or what

neither Russia or Nato are going to directly fight each other at this point, or hopefully, ever. its posturing

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Ytlaya posted:

That there's no real side worth "rooting for" here because neither organized power meaningfully represents "the people" and both are horrible. And that people shouldn't be materially supporting the Ukraine military or otherwise providing war materials, because all those weapons are going to be used in really bad ways (or more accurately, they already are).

Russia stll holds responsibility for their actions because of the immense harm resulting from them*, but I don't really give a poo poo about "sovereignty" in this context. If Russia had somehow managed to pull off a (relatively, outside of some political and military leadership) bloodless coup, I wouldn't really care much and would probably consider it a marginal improvement over the status quo (basically like undoing the results of Euromaidan). So I think that Russia's actions are bad because they involve a war that is killing/maiming many civilians, but not because of anything having to do with "national sovereignty" (since I don't really care about the "sovereignty" of ultranationalists).

* Responsibility at least equally shared with NATO states

Being West aligned is definitely better than Russia aligned. it just takes time for the old Soviet soul crushing corruption to ease and be replaced with less corruption.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Runaktla posted:

Being West aligned is definitely better than Russia aligned. it just takes time for the old Soviet soul crushing corruption to ease and be replaced with less corruption.

lmao

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Runaktla posted:

:hmmno:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Runaktla posted:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Ytlaya posted:

That there's no real side worth "rooting for" here because neither organized power meaningfully represents "the people" and both are horrible. And that people shouldn't be materially supporting the Ukraine military or otherwise providing war materials, because all those weapons are going to be used in really bad ways (or more accurately, they already are).

Russia stll holds responsibility for their actions because of the immense harm resulting from them*, but I don't really give a poo poo about "sovereignty" in this context. If Russia had somehow managed to pull off a (relatively, outside of some political and military leadership) bloodless coup, I wouldn't really care much and would probably consider it a marginal improvement over the status quo (basically like undoing the results of Euromaidan). So I think that Russia's actions are bad because they involve a war that is killing/maiming many civilians, but not because of anything having to do with "national sovereignty" (since I don't really care about the "sovereignty" of ultranationalists).

* Responsibility at least equally shared with NATO states

Sovereignty matters in the context of Ukraine not simply being a puppet of either NATO or Russia, unless you think that is some kind of inevitability - I don't. I'm not sure how Ukraine is ultranationalist given it's made no claim over other countries, and actually stands to lose pretty big chunks to the actual ultranationalist party in this conflict.

I'm not defending the many terrible elements of the Ukrainian political scene here, I actually think Russia's actions have bolstered the nationalists in Ukraine more than anything. It's all poo poo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Hey goons, howzitgoin?

Kiev fall yet?

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Runaktla posted:

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Not as much war media bombardment today. Either Ukraine is losing or...

even the russians had to pause the invasion cause of that russel wilson trade :downs:

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Lots of folks that only know how to shitpost and give the standard hot takes up in here.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
everybody’s a critic

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Runaktla posted:

The Ukrainian people are poorer than the Russian people.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Ukraine before the war was poorer than Iraq.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

i love it

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yeah when i think less corruption i think capitalism

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Runaktla posted:

Lots of folks that only know how to shitpost and give the standard hot takes up in here.

hello, welcome to CSPAM

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Cpt_Obvious posted:

There’s a lot of corruption to get rid of and the West’s hands aren’t clean but it’s getting better.

The younger generations don’t all see things as an endless corruption-driven hellhole. Getting back in bed with Russia is only going to swing it back in that direction.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Runaktla posted:

There’s a lot of corruption to get rid of and the West’s hands aren’t clean but it’s getting better.

The younger generations don’t all see things as an endless corruption-driven hellhole. Getting back in bed with Russia is only going to swing it back in that direction.

No they just go to more advanced countries instead.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Runaktla posted:

lmao

Shut up.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i heard the ghost of kiev purged all corruption

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Like, did you not see the West murder millions of people in the middle east over the past 20 years?

Edit: And that's just the poo poo in the news RECENTLY

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg0OWPjdLzU

Learning history 😌

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

HallelujahLee posted:

i heard the ghost of kiev purged all corruption

yeah thats why he is a ghost.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://twitter.com/AKurmanaev/status/1501367582946955271

quote:

The Saudis have signaled that their relationship with Washington has deteriorated under the Biden administration, and they want more support for their intervention in Yemen’s civil war, help with their own civilian nuclear program as Iran’s moves ahead, and legal immunity for Prince Mohammed in the U.S., Saudi officials said. The crown prince faces multiple lawsuits in the U.S., including over the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in 2018.

Saudi Arabia going full nuclear with US support while the special billionaire prince gets legal immunity forever would be the funniest poo poo on earth, how is this world so loving stupid

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Like, did you not see the West murder millions of people in the middle east over the past 20 years?

yea the west can be cocksuckers, doesn’t make what I’ve said less true

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Karl Barks posted:

If Venezuela goes to the US and Saudi Arabia goes to Russia, a bunch of cspam brains are going to absolutely shatter

any other scenarios you envision?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

yeah thats why he is a ghost.
:chanpop:

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Karl Barks posted:

Sovereignty matters in the context of Ukraine not simply being a puppet of either NATO or Russia, unless you think that is some kind of inevitability - I don't. I'm not sure how Ukraine is ultranationalist given it's made no claim over other countries, and actually stands to lose pretty big chunks to the actual ultranationalist party in this conflict.

I'm not defending the many terrible elements of the Ukrainian political scene here, I actually think Russia's actions have bolstered the nationalists in Ukraine more than anything. It's all poo poo.

nationalism doesnt mean claiming other countries. youre right about the rest though, this war great for all the worst people.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
yeah in ukraine's case it's a nationalist vision for only the right people in the country, hence the decommunization laws and just the regular brutality towards roma

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tankbuster posted:

No they just go to more advanced countries instead.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Runaktla posted:

yea the west can be cocksuckers, doesn’t make what I’ve said less true

The West filled the Ukrainian government and military full of Nazis.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

listen jack theres less corruption because of magical western forces

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The West filled the Ukrainian government and military full of Nazis.
They elected a Jewish president. I’m not saying there are no Nazis but like how much power do they have? What a lovely fallback argument.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Karl Barks posted:

The Russian Empire's history is less bad than Ukraine's history, therefore...???

i am sorry we take glee in nazis getting spanked stop whining about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Runaktla posted:

They elected a Jewish president. I’m not saying there are no Nazis but like how much power do they have? What a lovely fallback argument.

:ironicat: