Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

therobit posted:

And she hasn't hosed her husband in a year, regards him with open disdain, and does not appear to appreciate his 10-12 hour workdays after which he comes home to more work and an angry wife. His feelings are totally understandable, as are hers. But you can't say he's a bad guy for being disappointed that his wife has taken a vow of angry celibacy.

I can say he's a bad guy for groping his wife repeatedly despite protest. That's generally illegal, much less okay.

I don't get the "open disdain" thing you're somehow seeing. She keeps saying how great he is and how she SHOULD want to gently caress him. The only place I see disdain whatsoever can be implied in that she doesn't want to gently caress him... but it's not an angry vow of celibacy, she's exhausted after having to wake up multiple times throughout the night and take care of three not-kids all day. And she says she has no help with the kids, so it doesn't sound like he's coming home to more work either. She's doing it.

I don't get how you say she doesn't appreciate the workload unless you literally mean she should just suck it up and gently caress him as appreciation. Her workload is slowly killing her. She says more than once extremely positive things about him and his work, only that it has also destroyed their relationship is a negative.

quote:

At times it does feel like he is sex crazed. He doesn't say hello, he gropes my knee and says "you must be happy to see me."

If I ask him what he would like for dinner, he wiggles his tongue and looks at my crotch.

Don't get me wrong. I feel for him. Really. I know sex is important to him. But I would like him to say something to me that isn't a sex joke or a conversation about our children.

And he doesn't.

No shade re: what he does do... he works hard... but I didn't ever, and I mean never, have sex with him because of lewd comments. I had sex with him because I felt loved. And other things. None of which I feel now. And none of which are forthcoming due to the grabbing and innuendo.

quote:

Thank you for this. It is a very helpful scaffold to consider.

For me to have sex... I guess I need him to be nice. To me and the children. That would look like him not yelling at them, even though I know it is frustrating when they wipe poop on the cat or hide food in their cheek just to try and spit it into the hole in the door latch (true stories, all). And him not saying "WHAAAAT-uh?" When I say his name. Like a petulant teenager. Maybe that wouldn't fix everything but it would be a nice start.

I never feel more in love with my husband -- and I do occasionally still feel that -- than when I am about to lose my mind about something a kid has done and my husband scoops the kid up and transitions that kid away. To doing anything else. In a calm voice. With a warm touch. I always brace myself for his thundering voice or his scolding, which particularly upsets me because the boys don't understand much of what we say and really need to be physically shown what to stop.

I am never more cold toward my husband than when he tells me "you deal with this poo poo" and leaves me to a child or all of them in some state of meltdown or panic. Especially if I am sick or exhausted or sad and he knows it. Especially if it is a common trigger for our kids and he should expect it.

We could work on the friendship. Companionship. Quality time... later on. And I would probably be willing to have sex fairly regularly if he could just always talk to us in a kind way.

I gotta stop looking at her comments, this is depressing.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

datajugend posted:

I only horde "clean" garbage like greasy take out containers and old soup.

Betting the magic "clean your Room" doesnt work when it comes from step-mom

Imma side with the daughter over the poly side piece dad brings over on the weekend

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Yeah that one is a major oof. That's five people's lives being actively ruined and there's not really anybody at fault. It's the kind of situation that social services are supposed to help address -- in this case, they need at least one full-time caregiver to help with the nonverbal twins at least.

In America you're just totally hosed. like those parents' lives would actually probably be improved if they robbed a bank and went to jail.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Lol. I knew that story would draw one out by the time I was two sentences in.

Edit: Sad mom, not poly whatever.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

DemoneeHo posted:

My mum ran away to Turkey to be with a con artist and has lost all her money. Am I evil for cutting her out?

drat mom has some heavy duty Cedar Fever.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Not that I can uh talk.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah that one is a major oof. That's five people's lives being actively ruined and there's not really anybody at fault. It's the kind of situation that social services are supposed to help address -- in this case, they need at least one full-time caregiver to help with the nonverbal twins at least.

In America you're just totally hosed. like those parents' lives would actually probably be improved if they robbed a bank and went to jail.

I feel like their best option is to shake hands, abscond in the night - separately - and make an anonymous call to CPS.

Or move to Canada where more help would be available.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Uncle Enzo posted:

Not only is he an rear end in a top hat, but she is old enough to deserve a proper grown-up explanation and apology. He needs to sit down and honestly explain why he did what he did, how it was wrong, how he's going to make it right, and assure her it won't happen again.

Girl was probably ecstatic to get real grown-up makeup from a real life makeup artist, only to have her rear end in a top hat father make her wash it off.

E: he most definitely owes his girlfriend an explanation and apology as well

What's this Toddlers and Tiaras poo poo

No, a tiny baby 11yo should not have a loving full face of makeup, she's not even a teen yet. The girlfriend is loving gross, young girls don't need any help getting complexes from a society that already tries to shove those values on girls every day

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

mllaneza posted:

I feel like their best option is to shake hands, abscond in the night - separately - and make an anonymous call to CPS.

Or move to Canada where more help would be available.

Hopefully Canada isn't like Australia where we allow citizenship based on projected healthcare costs. We are a messed up country with no compassion*.

* exceptions made if white.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Miserable Maid posted:

No, a tiny baby 11yo should not have a loving full face of makeup, she's not even a teen yet. The girlfriend is loving gross, young girls don't need any help getting complexes from a society that already tries to shove those values on girls every day
She's a child and should not be encouraged to try to conform to toxic paternalistic ideals of beauty, encouraging entry ways into even more toxic body image issues.

vs

Women should be able to decorate themselves for fun without gross men making everything sexual and weird. Let her have innocent fun without trying to control expression you sexist pig.

I agree with you, and him, but the particular way he expressed it does have controlling undertones and if his concerns are about what makeup represents he should talk about that and take the angle that it's unnecessary not that it's shameful.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Inceltown posted:

Hopefully Canada isn't like Australia where we allow citizenship based on projected healthcare costs. We are a messed up country with no compassion*.

* exceptions made if white.

** definitions of white still based on 1950's parameters of rest of Anglo-Sphere

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Grape posted:

** definitions of white still based on 1950's parameters of rest of Anglo-Sphere

Nah, we let the Italians in fine. The mob gives a lot of money to politicians. That's not a hyperbole.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Ymmv but I think at that age, it's fine to do stuff like that within the family if you want to experiment, but it's not a good idea to take it in public. Girlfriend put glamour makeup on her once for fun? Okay whatever, have fun, make faces in the mirror. But wearing that makeup out to a restaurant is going to get the kid way more horrible attention that an 11-year-old can't/shouldn't deal with.

Corollary: parents should try manage that without letting their kid know that's what's up, because that'll also freak her out. So instead of being like "we're going out, go scrub your face so you don't look like a child prostitute," that means going "hey guys I feel like staying in tonight, who wants pizza?"

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Anne Whateley posted:

Ymmv but I think at that age, it's fine to do stuff like that within the family if you want to experiment, but it's not a good idea to take it in public. Girlfriend put glamour makeup on her once for fun? Okay whatever, have fun, make faces in the mirror. But wearing that makeup out to a restaurant is going to get the kid way more horrible attention that an 11-year-old can't/shouldn't deal with.

Corollary: parents should try manage that without letting their kid know that's what's up, because that'll also freak her out. So instead of being like "we're going out, go scrub your face so you don't look like a child prostitute," that means going "hey guys I feel like staying in tonight, who wants pizza?"

This is a wise take on it.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Me (19M) asked to pee on this girl (25F) face, and she say yes
I met this girl at this party and while I was drunk I was pretty into her i guess but when I sobered up and we met up after I just wasn't feeling anything with her. She was kind of pushy though and really wanted me to go to her place and have sex with her, but I kind of didn't want to, so I just tried to be as cold as possible until she would stop texting me hopefully, but she didn't stop.

I decide that it'd be funny to ask if I could pee on her face (after not responding to any of her texts for like a week) since I just wanted her to leave me alone but to my surprise, she agreed. Now I feel really bad because I don't actually want to pee on her, and I don't want to let her disrespect herself like that.

How do I let her know that? She's been talking about how she'd like for me to pee on her face now since I think she's latched onto that and thinks that I'm into that, and I don't want to come off as a bigger dick than I am

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cyks posted:

I'm torn on that one because the OP said having her mom out of her life has been good for her mental state but also they had a great relationship before this event and I feel like those two statements paint two conflicting pictures.

I don't think the OP is an rear end in a top hat but I also feel bad for the Mom who seems pathetic and has spent the last 23 years feeling unloved. Wouldn't surprise me if the Mom was partially jealous of her daughter or blames her daughter for her lack of love life.

otoh you can definitely have a great relationship with a person in the years prior to them turning into gullible shitbag

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Power Khan posted:

Don't do it because thats how you mark your territory and then you are stuck with her.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Power Khan posted:

I met this girl at this party and while I was drunk I was pretty into her i guess but when I sobered up and we met up after I just wasn't feeling anything with her. She was kind of pushy though and really wanted me to go to her place and have sex with her, but I kind of didn't want to, so I just tried to be as cold as possible until she would stop texting me hopefully, but she didn't stop.

I decide that it'd be funny to ask if I could pee on her face (after not responding to any of her texts for like a week) since I just wanted her to leave me alone but to my surprise, she agreed. Now I feel really bad because I don't actually want to pee on her, and I don't want to let her disrespect herself like that.

How do I let her know that? She's been talking about how she'd like for me to pee on her face now since I think she's latched onto that and thinks that I'm into that, and I don't want to come off as a bigger dick than I am

Tell her she has to marry you first. Then when she agrees, insist upon an extravagant destination wedding and also demands a really high dowry. Continue to come up with all sorts of weird conditions. Eventually she will meet all of them, and by that point you will feel obligated to go through with it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

Don't do it because thats how you mark your territory and then you are stuck with her.

Do it in the shower and then use your fap soap to wash it off so that you're free and clear.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Serephina posted:

The title made me expect a parent blaming their children for being spoiled. What we got was...

My husband [M36] of 15 years and I [F36] can't get out of the post baby poo poo-relationship phase because our kids are never going to grow up

gently caress me, lady, I have no idea what a "solution" for that is, even if there is one. That's like my greatest fear regarding kids right there.

I'm pretty sure that 'marriage' is a mexican stand-off with both of them looking at each other then the door. Whoever gets out the door first wins.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Miserable Maid posted:

it's important that this little girl learn early that she's only allowed to wear makeup when a man says it's okay

(hey so the 11 year-old probably only wants to wear makeup because of the adult mystique associated with it, letting her wear some for a few hours will make her happy and it is not going to give her a complex, the burden of patriarchal expectations will not suddenly appear just because she was allowed to wear some eye shadow and blush while walking around a grocery store)

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Dec 11, 2019

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
It's okay for 11 year old girls to want to try make up on, holy poo poo.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not forgiving my husband even after he apologized?

Recently married 28f & 33m. My husband is a good guy but He frequently messes up the littlest tasks in everyday life. For instance, I cannot count how many times I have eaten full meals with my hands because he can't be bothered to ask for to go utensils, condiments, napkins or drinks. I try not to get mad because I realize he is trying to be sweet, but its annoying.

It's doubly annoying because when I plan stuff for him I make sure everything is accounted for so he can enjoy his day. For contrast, when we went to see Bruno Mars in Vegas he didn't even bother to look up where the concert was. He got an Uber to the wrong freaking venue and we missed the first 30 minutes of the show because we had to walk to the correct venue. Ugh.

The recent issue:

My absolute favorite movie in life is Moulin Rouge. They recently turned it into a Broadway show and I have been excited to see it for at least the past six months. We finally saved up some money to do a NY weekend trip so he could eat at this famous restaurant and I could see the Broadway show. He booked everything two months ago.

Saturday comes around. We eat then head to the theater. I took pictures in front of the marquee. I. Was. Pumped.

We finally get to the doors and I ask him where the tickets are. He couldn't remember if he bought them under my email or his so we're both searching through our emails and credit card statements for any sign of the ticket confirmation. The show starts. Thirty or so minutes go by with us frantically searching for the tickets. Eventually he started crying and I just knew. He never bought the tickets. Somehow he searched for the ticket prices, we discussed where we wanted to sit, we picked out our Broadway outfits and everything, but he never finalized the order for tickets. I fully believe it was an honest and incredibly dumb mistake. The show was sold out so we had to leave. I ugly sobbed and snotted all over myself for the entire 30 min Uber to the hotel. We flew back to Dallas without seeing the show.

He's apologized multiple times but I really don't care. I haven't talked to him since Saturday. He thinks I'm dragging this out and overreacting. On one hand I feel like the rear end in a top hat for continuing to be this upset but on the other hand I feel like this is a valid reason to be pissed. I know this is first world problems, but I'm extremely disappointed. This was my Christmas present. I told everyone I was seeing the show then had to explain 20+ times that we actually didn't get to see it. It's embarrassing and sad. I'll get over it eventually but right now I'm just not ready to stop being upset. Does that make me the rear end in a top hat?

Edit: thanks for all of the replies! We are reading them together over dinner. We acknowledge that we are both assholes in some way. My husband is going to get screened for Adhd or ADD soon.

Oh and we have actual tickets to see Moulin Rouge in January. I've confirmed the purchase.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

The cute kid glitter and lip gloss she was already putting on was fine. Actual full glamor makeup is weird.

And like Anne was saying, it's one thing to play at home, it's quite another to go in public.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not forgiving my husband even after he apologized?
I cannot count how many times I have eaten full meals with my hands because he can't be bothered to ask for to go utensils, condiments, napkins or drinks.

OK I'm with this lady but why in the gently caress could she just not go and get the poo poo?? Like it makes zero sense...

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting to wear the Tom Brady jersey my boyfriend bought for me in public?

My boyfriend is a big Tom Brady and New England Patriots fan. He says he doesn’t even know how he became a fan of the Patriots. It happened when he was little. It’s funny because he’s also a big Alabama fan for college football. He has lived in California all his life. He wears a Tom Brady jersey every day he plays even if he doesn’t have time to watch the games. I don’t like or hate football. I don’t care about any team. I don’t really even care about my college team. I watch the Patriots games with him on TV and he likes to teach me about football rules and quiz me on them. Since that makes him happy, I can roll with that. I guess my playing along with him too long has made him think I’m a big Patriots fan too.

For my birthday, he bought me a Tom Brady jersey. He put on his jersey on Sunday morning. When we were about to leave for lunch, he told me to put on my jersey too so we can match. I told him I’m not comfortable wearing a jersey with another person’s surname on the back in public and would only wear it at home or at a live Patriots game. He told me to stop being scared of what other people think and to show pride in the things I like. I rolled my eyes and said I’m only a Patriots fan when I watch the games with him and I honestly couldn’t care less any other time. He told me I don’t have to watch the games if I don’t want to, but I said I like spending time with him and it’s just the act of wearing a jersey in public that I dislike. He seemed disappointed at lunch and even more sad after the Patriots lost its second consecutive game. I did put on the jersey to watch the game with him at home though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting to wear the Tom Brady jersey my boyfriend bought for me in public?

NTA the Pats are garbage. Brady is a stupid dick. Pats fans suck.

gently caress the Patriots.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Miserable Maid posted:

The cute kid glitter and lip gloss she was already putting on was fine. Actual full glamor makeup is weird.

And like Anne was saying, it's one thing to play at home, it's quite another to go in public.

otoh women are allowed to wear makeup for themselves, not just to please men. Father is conveying exactly the wrong message here

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

She's not a woman, she's a child

Edit: wait you're the moron that thinks handjobs aren't cheating nvm

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Mercy me, a Pats/Bama fan from California.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Miserable Maid posted:

She's not a woman, she's a child

Edit: wait you're the moron that thinks handjobs aren't cheating nvm

Handjobs most definitely are cheating but you clearly have some sort of learning disability that has left you with poor reading comprehension so I won't mock you over it.

It's fine and normal for 11 year-olds to want to wear makeup I don't know what else to tell you, they don't need to wear a shitload of makeup every day but if they wear some eye shadow to the mall with their father once it's not going to be the end of childhood innocence :shrug:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

MarcusSA posted:

NTA the Pats are garbage. Brady is a stupid dick. Pats fans suck.

gently caress the Patriots.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Smirking_Serpent posted:

he likes to teach me about football rules and quiz me on them

What the gently caress is wrong with this guy ? Inducting a new fan of a sport/activity/hobby is an honor and a privilege. loving quizzing them about it is being a dick about it. If you can get a novice to the point where they can tell the difference between a field goal and a touchdown and an extra point (all signaled the same way) you're ahead of the game. Busting out quiz questions on the rules ? gently caress you.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah the only way I learned how to be good with makeup is slathering it on my face as a preteen. As a teen goth...yeah. My mom was cool with me looking like a hot mess at 12-13 with makeup rather than getting into drugs, knocked up, failing classes, yknow? I mean I was a gently caress up later on but going out with smeary raccoon eyes and black lipstick was at the bottom of her worries, if anything, blackmail for embarrassment later.

That father is teaching the wrong lessons about makeup as a whole. She isn’t asking for fillers or fat sculpting. This is a non issue.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel everyone needs a goth phase, it's very educational.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My goth phase consisted of wearing huge baggy black Linkin Park shirts... aaand that was about it.
I was incredibly boring as a kid.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I basically just let my kids be feral. I gave them guns and some money and locked them out of my house

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I feel everyone needs a goth phase, it's very educational.

Some of us never leave it.

Teen Witch’s Goth Phase: Now in its second decade! :witch:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Fartbox posted:

I basically just let my kids be feral. I gave them guns and some money and locked them out of my house

Ah, you too follow the old Texas ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Professorjuggalo posted:

Imma side with the daughter over the poly side piece dad brings over on the weekend

Maybe stepmom needs to cuck her dad because two depressed women don't have enough hot water to take three hour showers each