Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
So long as Wentz doesnt regress horribly in year 2 then we have at least solved a problem that i would say nearly 50% of the league hasnt solved yet...so thats a pretty decent advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

El Patron posted:

Am I alone in still wanting to draft a wr at 14 if Davis or Williams are still on the board ?

No, I'd definitely be up for one of those guys at WR, but I thought most people were saying they would be gone by the time the Eagles pick.

The draft depth at CB and RB should allow the Eagles to address those needs later if there's a WR or a BPA at a position of need available in the 1st.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
That Brandon Marshall pickup is insane. gently caress that's a great deal.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jota posted:

Brandon also doesn't have to relocate, which I imagine being a factor in this.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

No, I'd definitely be up for one of those guys at WR, but I thought most people were saying they would be gone by the time the Eagles pick.

The draft depth at CB and RB should allow the Eagles to address those needs later if there's a WR or a BPA at a position of need available in the 1st.

All aboard the OJ Howard bandwagon at 14

2TE sets would be nigh unstoppable with him and Ertz.

I agree wth the depth of the draft meaning you can likely get a starting CB in rounds 2 or 3, so I'm fully committed to #weaponsForWentz in round 1

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Brandon Marshall has never made the playoffs.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jota posted:

Yeah, I really like this signing. It is also really good for Brandon, for once he isn't the craziest WR on his team

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, I really like this signing. It is also really good for Brandon, for once he isn't the craziest WR on his team

Marshall has been brought in to sympathise with the inanimate objects OBJ beats up

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

CyberPingu posted:

Marshall has been brought in to sympathise with the inanimate objects OBJ beats up

Pictured, Otherkin:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cash Monet posted:

This. I worded it a little awkwardly.

Wilson and Luck aren't Aaron Rodgers but they're good and have shown they can elevate talent around them. You're not getting that with Kirk Cousins and if you're going to make him one of the highest paid players in the league that shouldn't be a tall order.

The bit about the highest paid player in the league doesn't mean much since the cap increases every year. Kirk was worth $20M last year, $24M this year. That already makes him the 5th highest paid QB by average yearly salary. Hey may not be Aaron Rodgers, but he's a solid starter who's proven himself over two years and Washington has never had a franchise QB and is now set to throw away their best chance.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/MasterTes/status/839590308652412930

I hate my dumb poo poo team.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Its super refreshing to see that Washington are doing their best to gently caress themselves over in what is one of the most competitive divisions in football right now

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lol Britt is going to be the only Philly signing, isn't he?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

a new study bible! posted:

That isnt necessarily a bad thing conisdering when we go balls deep in FA we tend to end up with a lot of underperforming/misused players

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

CyberPingu posted:

So long as Wentz doesnt regress horribly in year 2 then we have at least solved a problem that i would say nearly 50% of the league hasnt solved yet...so thats a pretty decent advantage.

The perceptions of where the Eagles are in this rebuild got thrown out of wack by the hot start. Wentz looked phenomenal for a rookie QB coming out of a small school, I don't think you could have asked for anything more from the guy. That's the only thing that mattered last year, and his progress is all that matters this year. They really need to get him some players that can catch. I know Pederson is trying to reproduce The Reid Experience, but let's skip the part where we don't have a receiver that can catch for 10 years.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

TO was a free agent. :cool:

CyberPingu posted:

That isnt necessarily a bad thing conisdering when we go balls deep in FA we tend to end up with a lot of underperforming/misused players

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Wentz is no where near the final product. But holy hell finding a potential franchise QB in the first year of rebuilding is a pretty big miracle tbh. If We can find a vet #1 WR to take some of the pressure off of Matthews then that would be a pretty decent year 2 rebuild for me. Defensive side of things if we can get a bit more stability in our secondary then that would be a hhhhhuuuge bonus too. But im not going to expect much of this team, i would rather us sucking for a couple of years to properly rebuild than to go 9-7 for the next couple of years but missing out on the playoffs and thinking we are on the cusp of being there...

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lmao yeah about that

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

That's not Howie do it.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/839851448229842944

Eagles don't have third least money to spend in free agency anymore.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/839846236089892864

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Maybe I missed the conversation.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/839550550375022594

Queue "In the arms of an angel..."

Goodbye sweet prince.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

TO was a free agent. :cool:

TO was a trade.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
unsurprising:

https://twitter.com/AdammSchefterr/status/839615569670307840

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/839860816295903232

I like Cooks a lot, but that seems to be a little too expensive.

(unless the starter is Kendricks and the picks are after round 2)

Edit: Also, sending Curry would work for me.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 9, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

But but we got Kenny Britt!

NotWearingPants posted:

Still a rumor at this point.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/839847040800681984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

So I guess we are either all in on Jeffery or Pryor at this stage.

Sucks about Barwin though, really liked him

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles aren't getting Jeffrey or Pryor unless they can free up more money somehow.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The Eagles signed Torrey Smith, which doesn't exactly help their broken receiving core

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ugh

3 years/15M

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839870838526574596

Ok lemme try rationalise this....hes a potential deep threat?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

CyberPingu posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839870838526574596

Ok lemme try rationalise this....hes a potential deep threat?

He's better than what they had, he's relatively inexpensive, and our top two personnel guys were in Baltimore when he was drafted and played there so they should have a very good idea of what they are getting.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/839872223783575553

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Surely we have no money left right? Unless we are sure we are getting rid of Daniels. in which case who the gently caress is our backup QB

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

Eagles aren't getting Jeffrey or Pryor unless they can free up more money somehow.

The Eagles can free up money whenever they want. They have just been waiting to try and trade guys rather than releasing them outright. Obviously they they did not get anyone interested in Barwin so they released him. Kendricks and/or Kelce, for example, could still get them a late round pick so why release them before the money is actually needed?

CyberPingu posted:

Surely we have no money left right? Unless we are sure we are getting rid of Daniels. in which case who the gently caress is our backup QB

Here's a list of salaries the Eagles could drop to free up money: http://www.phillyvoice.com/source-eagles-expected-free-significant-cap-space/

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles are looking at about $8M in cap space after the Torrey signing, and you still have to sign draft picks with that money. I imagine Jeffrey is going to command more money than Smith, so unless there's more big cuts coming I'm just not seeing it.

Edit: I posted this after you replied NWP and you make a very good point there.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 9, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
chill homies, they haven't even cut Ryan Mathews yet.

edit: ^ same

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles can free up money whenever they want. They have just been waiting to try and trade guys rather than releasing them outright. Obviously they they did not get anyone interested in Barwin so they released him. Kendricks and/or Kelce, for example, could still get them a late round pick so why release them before the money is actually needed?

Here's a list of salaries the Eagles could drop to free up money: http://www.phillyvoice.com/source-eagles-expected-free-significant-cap-space/

Did we not re-sign McKelvin?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah he was released right after the Super Bowl.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

aBagorn posted:

TO was a trade.

I don't recall the trade part. SF tried to trade him to Baltimore, but that was voided. I thought he was released after that, but he had previously worked it all out with Philly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

CyberPingu posted:

re-sign? He's under contract, for now, so why would they need to re-sign him?

Nope, McKelvin will be cut and Jalen Mills will be the top cornerback on the roster until the position is addressed through free agency and/or the draft.

shyduck posted:

Yeah he was released right after the Super Bowl.

Oh, you're right. He's already gone. I must have missed that, not that it's surprising: He was a dead man walking as soon as the season ended.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 9, 2017

• Locked thread