Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Transmogrifier posted:

I believe this was posted in here, and it comes with an update that will give you feelings.

WIBTA if I back out of donating my kidney to my ex-fiancee’s brother after my ex-fiancee and I broke up?

Update - WIBTA if I back out of donating my kidney to my ex-fiancee’s brother after my ex-fiancee and I broke up

Note that I did not say what kind of feelings.

Aaaaaaaaargh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Most people tend to run on their toes in a more vertical motion when they're on a treadmill, it puts more stress on your knees.

Huh, that explains a lot.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Transmogrifier posted:

I believe this was posted in here, and it comes with an update that will give you feelings.

WIBTA if I back out of donating my kidney to my ex-fiancee’s brother after my ex-fiancee and I broke up?

Update - WIBTA if I back out of donating my kidney to my ex-fiancee’s brother after my ex-fiancee and I broke up

I loving hate you.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Transmogrifier posted:

I want more information on their birth control plan, because that is a VERY conveniently timed pregnancy.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Sagebrush posted:

Aaaaaaaaargh

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Transmogrifier posted:

I watched a show called Dollface and in it there is a woman who still participates in her exes sisters wedding after they break up so I say fork up the kidney no take backs

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ulex minor posted:

you seem to think having a birthday is a rich person thing, your parents just sound odd. might as well just add 'must be a class thing' to every conceivable quirk. you prefer swings to roundabouts? probably because you're poor.

Said my parents couldn't afford birthday PARTIES. But lack of reading comprehension and making poo poo up are common features of this thread, so carry on.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I struggle to remember my own birthday, I'm always surprised when it comes around and do a quick calculation when anyone asks how old I am. This may be adhd, it may be I haven't cared since turning 18, I might just be an idiot.

LMAO at remembering my parents' birthdays. I think my dad was born in March 53, only remember that because I did his passport renewal a few months ago.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The American date system is so weird.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Dude was justified in not wanting to donate anymore, but if he had to pick donating a kidney or getting back with this woman, he should have ditched her and given the kidney rather than the other way around.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

therobit posted:

Dude was justified in not wanting to donate anymore, but if he had to pick donating a kidney or getting back with this woman, he should have ditched her and given the kidney rather than the other way around.

Give it another 6 months and her brother will have a kidney while she gets to raise the baby with the ex or some hilarious poo poo

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

IMO he should give the kidney because it will shorten his life and bring the sweet, merciful release of death and and an end to his suffering that much closer

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Professorjuggalo posted:

Give it another 6 months and her brother will have a kidney while she gets to raise the baby with the ex or some hilarious poo poo

this seems wildly optimistic w/r/t his ability to make good life choices

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Motronic posted:

I want more information on their birth control plan, because that is a VERY conveniently timed pregnancy.

Its the plan where you get knocked up by someone else, nod when he says he wants a paternity test, and hope you're too enmeshed to separate once the kid is born.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Dienes posted:

Its the plan where you get knocked up by someone else, nod when he says he wants a paternity test, and hope you're too enmeshed to separate once the kid is born.
It could also be the plan where you lie about being pregnant to convince him to stick around and rush into marriage, then hope he never puts the pieces together.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
After 9 months and he wonders where the kid is she could tell him she's having twins

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

MagusofStars posted:

It could also be the plan where you lie about being pregnant to convince him to stick around and rush into marriage, then hope he never puts the pieces together.

Signing a marriage license is a known trigger of miscarriages.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

henkman posted:

After 9 months and he wonders where the kid is she could tell him she's having twins

:hmmyes:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

DamnitGannet posted:

I hate that its 2019 and people still think you will get sick from being in the rain or the cold. That's not how germ theory works goddamnit

I would call hypothermia "sick" and spending an excessive amount of time outdoors, soaking wet, in shorts and a t shirt, in near freezing temperatures would constitute a decent risk of it. And that's before you get into most people running on or near roads with the accident risk from the reduced visibility of pouring rain.

So yeah, I'd say shes right to be worried about the idiot.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Going out running in the rain is fully sick. Not wearing the right clothes for the weather is not sick at all, it's lame.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Sunswipe posted:

Said my parents couldn't afford birthday PARTIES. But lack of reading comprehension and making poo poo up are common features of this thread, so carry on.
It's wild you don't know how old your parents are, that has nothing to do with having birthday parties or not. Do you also not know what their full names or birthplace are?

What I'm saying is If this were law & order you'd look like a con man (poorly) attempting to pass himself off as their kid.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

FoolyCharged posted:

I would call hypothermia "sick" and spending an excessive amount of time outdoors, soaking wet, in shorts and a t shirt, in near freezing temperatures would constitute a decent risk of it. And that's before you get into most people running on or near roads with the accident risk from the reduced visibility of pouring rain.

So yeah, I'd say shes right to be worried about the idiot.

40 degrees farenheit isn't "near freezing" and if he's running his body will stay warm enough for the duration of his run. He's not gonna get hypothermia.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Trapick posted:

It's wild you don't know how old your parents are, that has nothing to do with having birthday parties or not. Do you also not know what their full names or birthplace are?

What I'm saying is If this were law & order you'd look like a con man (poorly) attempting to pass himself off as their kid.

I guess nobody is bad at remembering numbers if they don't have to regularly use them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've got sisters so I don't have to remember anyone's birthday.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Trapick posted:

Do you also not know what their full names or birthplace are?

One of these things is not like the other, and you're going to have to be more specific. Full name and geographic area, yes, specific street address or hospital name for their place of birth no.

That other goon said that they knew their parents' graduation dates and that just blows my mind. It's just... Why? Are they celebrating their high school graduation years later? I don't even know the day of my own graduation

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my father "we'll catch the next one" when he invited me to his wedding?

He's been married 4 times now, and this wedding will be his fifth in the span of 30 years. I don't know how he has such a high turnover rate but I'm guessing it's to do with him being both rich and a raging narcissist. He invited me to get coffee and introduced me to his new fiancee. I knew he was going to do this because two of my brothers (there are 7 of us total, none have the same mother) said that they had just gotten coffee with dad and met the fiancee, then been invited to the wedding, and both had been given a plus one for their girlfriends of 8 and 10 months respectively.

Dad told me to bring my "partner" when I came for coffee and I brought my (trans) boyfriend along. We have been together for 3 years. The fiancee seemed nice, wanting to know about me and my boyfriend and asking questions that sounded like she actually gave a poo poo. Dad gets all the details of the engagement/wedding out of the way and then asks me, and only me, if I'll be there.

I notice that he was talking to just me, not my boyfriend, so I say "we will check if we're free".

Dad replies that "this is family only"

I reply, "I just assumed, seeing as how the other siblings got plus ones"

Dad says "that's different. Are you coming?"

I say "we'll catch the next one".

Dad's fiancee becomes visibly upset and they leave. Dad texts me after that if I can be civil on the day then I can still come alone.

I felt like I had to stick up for my boyfriend because this was definitely due to him being transgender, and he thanked me at the time but told me that I should probably still go, but after reporting back to my siblings to say what had happened I got mixed responses. The overall opinion was that while I absolutely should stick up for my boyfriend this was some hill to die on and I managed to catch the actually nice fiancee in the crossfire and upset dad, too.

AITA?

Info: I am a woman. My boyfriend is trans FTM. Despite both of us being straight, dad thinks of us as lesbians due to my boyfriend's biology. Of me and my siblings, about 3 were within wedlock and the other 4 (including me) were extramarital: 3 affairs, 1 long term girlfriend. The fiancee knows she's #5 and dad gives the same story about how he was tricked into marrying golddiggers by accident and didn't know until too late and the affairs all happened as the relationships were breaking down.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
NTA. Fiancee could have stuck up for them

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my father "we'll catch the next one" when he invited me to his wedding?

never apologize for a sick loving burn.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

He's been married 4 times now, and this wedding will be his fifth in the span of 30 years. I don't know how he has such a high turnover rate but I'm guessing it's to do with him being both rich and a raging narcissist. He invited me to get coffee and introduced me to his new fiancee. I knew he was going to do this because two of my brothers (there are 7 of us total, none have the same mother) said that they had just gotten coffee with dad and met the fiancee, then been invited to the wedding, and both had been given a plus one for their girlfriends of 8 and 10 months respectively.

Dad told me to bring my "partner" when I came for coffee and I brought my (trans) boyfriend along. We have been together for 3 years. The fiancee seemed nice, wanting to know about me and my boyfriend and asking questions that sounded like she actually gave a poo poo. Dad gets all the details of the engagement/wedding out of the way and then asks me, and only me, if I'll be there.

I notice that he was talking to just me, not my boyfriend, so I say "we will check if we're free".

Dad replies that "this is family only"

I reply, "I just assumed, seeing as how the other siblings got plus ones"

Dad says "that's different. Are you coming?"

I say "we'll catch the next one".

Dad's fiancee becomes visibly upset and they leave. Dad texts me after that if I can be civil on the day then I can still come alone.

I felt like I had to stick up for my boyfriend because this was definitely due to him being transgender, and he thanked me at the time but told me that I should probably still go, but after reporting back to my siblings to say what had happened I got mixed responses. The overall opinion was that while I absolutely should stick up for my boyfriend this was some hill to die on and I managed to catch the actually nice fiancee in the crossfire and upset dad, too.

AITA?

Info: I am a woman. My boyfriend is trans FTM. Despite both of us being straight, dad thinks of us as lesbians due to my boyfriend's biology. Of me and my siblings, about 3 were within wedlock and the other 4 (including me) were extramarital: 3 affairs, 1 long term girlfriend. The fiancee knows she's #5 and dad gives the same story about how he was tricked into marrying golddiggers by accident and didn't know until too late and the affairs all happened as the relationships were breaking down.

Lol pretty good own on dad tbh. No, of course you're NTA.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That dad must get a bonus against sanctity of marriage as a favored foe

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Midnight Voyager posted:

I guess nobody is bad at remembering numbers if they don't have to regularly use them.
If we're talking "it's either '57 or '58, I can never remember" that's one thing, but the impression I get is more "they're somewhere in their 50s, probably". That's the part I can't understand.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

My parents' age ends in the same number as mine so I never have trouble remembering -- just add 40! My siblings, on the other hand, I can never get right on the first try.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Trapick posted:

If we're talking "it's either '57 or '58, I can never remember" that's one thing, but the impression I get is more "they're somewhere in their 50s, probably". That's the part I can't understand.

That's all I know for my mom. I only know Dad was born in '41 because of family stories about having a baby during the Blitz, and I know Mom met him in college when he was a grad student and she was working on her Masters so about 7 or 8 years younger, but it's never really mattered..

People put different emphasis on different things. I know tons of details about where they grew up, old friends, that time Mom had to go to a work party and realized there were a bunch of Sci-Fi author VIPs so she made a checklist and tried to meet as many as she could, the stories that make people people. A birthdate doesn't do that.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

When I was 9 my mother "slipped and fell" hitting me in the head with a bottle of wine while she was angry at me for not removing the bees from our front yard because she's allergic to them. I was in a coma for 2 weeks. There are a lot of things I can't remember now thanks to that but no matter what you can be sure as gently caress I remember not to know when her birthday is.

Some people have different lived experiences and saying "yours doesn't make sense because of mine" is pretty myopic.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for arguing with my wife over the fact that she keeps breaking our children's stuff?

We have two children; a boy (Jay) and a girl (Leah). These are obviously not their real names. Jay is 12 and Leah is 15. So, let me start this off by saying that me and my wife live a very comfortable life. Basically, we've worked hard our entire lives and got promoted till we got to this point where we make enough money to support a "lavish" lifestyle. I'm merely mentioning this because I believe that this fact is the core of our problem.

What I mean by that is that our income is giving some leeway for their mom to break their stuff. She often breaks their stuff when they misbehave, spend too much time on them or get bad grades. Now I believe that there should be some sort of punishment for when these stuff happen. Taking their stuff away for a while would be an okay punishment. However, breaking their stuff is extreme and wasteful. Moreover, when I say their stuff, I'm talking about Leah's phone (which costed a hair over $1000) and Jay's latest gaming console.

Lately, Jay and Leah have been doing a lot of things that irked their mother. So, yesterday their mother had reached her boiling point and she smashed Leah's phone by throwing it full force at the floor, and she cut Jay's PS4 cords. I suppose that Jay's predicament was far better than that of his sister, mostly since their mom didn't know how to break a PS4.

I was out when she'd done all that. My kids told me once I arrived. I was annoyed. However, I stood by their mother's side and basically defended her actions. Once we were alone, I told her that she should stop breaking stuff.

She said that they deserve it and should start listening to her if they want to keep their stuff. I told her that she could've just taken them and hidden them somewhere. She said she didn't want them to have hope of having it back anytime soon. Basically we've argued on and on for an hour or so and haven't reached any compromise yet.

Their mom does this about twice a year, and she ends up buying them their stuff back when they've fixed their act. It's also fair to mention that these outbursts are unplanned. She just loses it and breaks their stuff. She does have anger issues but never with me.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

I don't put a lot of emphasis on it for personality or whatever, absolutely stories and stuff are more important. I just mean from a practical point of view, for filling out forms, identifying them, death certificates, etc. Just a weird bit of info not to know in my book.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for continuing to use the phrase "Big Dick Energy" despite my boyfriend saying it makes him uncomfortable?

quote:

Throwaway because my boyfriend knows my Reddit. We've been together for 4 months and the phrase Big Dick Energy is something I say quite often. I've been saying it long before I met him and plan on continue to use it. It's just so fun to say. About a week ago he told me that it makes him kind of uncomfortable because he's kind of insecure down there. I told him it's not meant to harm him in anyway and that's not what the phrase is used for. He said that it doesn't matter because it still makes him feel awkward. I've been using it for the past couple days and I've noticed that every time I say it within our group of friends he gets this kind of annoyed expression on his face. We haven't fought over this but he has recently been getting more visibly annoyed by me saying this. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Am I being an rear end in a top hat? It's something I've always been saying before I met him and it's part of the way I speak.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There will never be a time in my life where I will need to fill out any form that asks for anyone else's birthday. Or a death certificate at all as I am not a doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for arguing with my wife over the fact that she keeps breaking our children's stuff?

She does have anger issues

You fuckin think??

That’s incredibly not healthy behavior from a grown rear end adult.