Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tempus Fugit posted:

Was it Justin Bieber or Steve Buscemi she compared you to?

What would be their celebrity couple name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm going with Jusbus.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Pick posted:

I'm going with Jusbus.
all aboard the juice bus
:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

vaguely posted:

all aboard the juice bus
:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i am barfing a little

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Please, Steve Buscemi could do much better than Beibs

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Stieber

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
SteBie

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
This is all fun now, but just a heads up, I'm a pretty devout Belieber and I don't take too kindly to gentiles mocking my beliebs.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

'Scember

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Mornin'.

My husband has no idea when ladies are flirting with him, and he's suuper nice. I usually have to tell him they're flirting/ them that he's not available.

I'm going with Steiber, too. Liking it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

boom boom boom posted:

This is all fun now, but just a heads up, I'm a pretty devout Belieber and I don't take too kindly to gentiles mocking my beliebs.

what are your thoughts on one direction breaking up

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

SpazmasterX posted:

what are your thoughts on one direction breaking up

There should be a good multiple directions joke in there but I don't car enough to try to figure out how to word it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I never assumed people were flirting with me before I started dating my boyfriend, but now I'm hyper-aware of any guy who seems to be checking me out. I just try to ignore them. :sigh:

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Someone gon get cucked.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

A few years ago, I was meeting up with a friend to see a concert. As I walked towards the venue, I noticed several unconnected adult women wearing New Kids on the Block apparel. After the first one, I kind of rolled my eyes and thought ugh, stupid ironic hipsters. But she didn't look particularly hip, and neither did the other four or so women I saw wearing the stuff. This was in DC, so I figured it was just a group from the Midwest doing some sight seeing.

Met up with my friend, saw the gig (Jenny Lewis, if you're interested), had a good time. We walked to the Metro to go back to her place, and the streets were now packed with women in their 20's and 30's wearing NKOTB stuff. Many of them were on the larger side, and were wearing what looked like shirts they'd bought in the early nineties. It wasn't until a group of them tried getting the entire Metro car to start singing along to Hangin' Tough that we realized that there had been a New Kids reunion concert at a nearby arena.

Adult boy band fans are really weird, they were like the female equivalent of neckbeards, except with more neon clothing.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Crow Jane posted:

Adult boy band fans are really weird, they were like the female equivalent of neckbeards, except with more neon clothing.

What gets me, is that if the same women saw some dudes at a Spice Girls reunion concert they'd be all "Pedos! Creeps!" Quite a few of my FB acquaintences raved about NKOTB shows. I unfriended. I didn't even like them when I was that age(ish.) My BFFs dad had the same agent and he gave us a demo tape to listen to. We hated them and told him so. But her sister loved them. :shrug:

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
I dunno, no one went "Eeww, Pedo!" about these guys: http://imgur.com/a/P6hMS
But I guess now that I think of it, the ladies you're talking about aren't just moms but usually decked out in Beiber/OneDirection/NewKidz clothing right there along with their daughters.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Captain Backslap posted:

I dunno, no one went "Eeww, Pedo!" about these guys: http://imgur.com/a/P6hMS
But I guess now that I think of it, the ladies you're talking about aren't just moms but usually decked out in Beiber/OneDirection/NewKidz clothing right there along with their daughters.

I'm not talking "Dads who brought their kids to a show," but more this. http://www.vice.com/read/i-think-were-obsessed-now

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

poopkitty posted:

What gets me, is that if the same women saw some dudes at a Spice Girls reunion concert they'd be all "Pedos! Creeps!"
The youngest Spice Girl was 21 when they got famous, so it wasn't pedo even then. If a 40-year-old dude wants to see a group of 40-year-olds now, I definitely don't get how anyone would say that.

e: my grandpa still sees the Ronettes when they tour, does this mean... :ohdear:

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 24, 2014

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I hate that loving feminism thread. Ugh. May ladythread never be filled with jokesmans.

I'm having some hot chocolate and maybe one of these delicious babies to chill myself out. Mmmm.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Yeah, the women I saw didn't give me a pedo vibe or anything. It was more like they'd stopped developing as people around the time the New Kids were big. I dunno, I got a serious "mom's basement" vibe from a lot of them. I've been to several comic conventions, so I know of which I speak.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Well take it from me, that Beiber poo poo? It was real eye opening when I took the train home from school one evening a few years ago and a Beiber concert was let out at the same time. Just about every mom there looked like a Beiber fan, too. Dressed in pretty clothing with makeup done just being one of the girls, probably enjoying a Beiber concern way too much.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, the women I saw didn't give me a pedo vibe or anything. It was more like they'd stopped developing as people around the time the New Kids were big. I dunno, I got a serious "mom's basement" vibe from a lot of them. I've been to several comic conventions, so I know of which I speak.

So the New Kids directly caused retardation? I'd believe it.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Tempus Fugit posted:

So the New Kids directly caused retardation? I'd believe it.

I honestly think it was correlation vice causation.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

A few years ago, I was meeting up with a friend to see a concert. As I walked towards the venue, I noticed several unconnected adult women wearing New Kids on the Block apparel. After the first one, I kind of rolled my eyes and thought ugh, stupid ironic hipsters. But she didn't look particularly hip, and neither did the other four or so women I saw wearing the stuff. This was in DC, so I figured it was just a group from the Midwest doing some sight seeing.

Met up with my friend, saw the gig (Jenny Lewis, if you're interested), had a good time. We walked to the Metro to go back to her place, and the streets were now packed with women in their 20's and 30's wearing NKOTB stuff. Many of them were on the larger side, and were wearing what looked like shirts they'd bought in the early nineties. It wasn't until a group of them tried getting the entire Metro car to start singing along to Hangin' Tough that we realized that there had been a New Kids reunion concert at a nearby arena.

i used to tutor at a college and a women in her 40s came in with a new kids on the block trapper keeper

this was 2 years ago

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
do they even still make trapper keepers

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

My school banned Trapper Keepers, I never really understood why

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Columbine or 9/11.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
i had to google trapper keepers

guess they never made it to canada

with extra cheese
Oct 27, 2010

toe knee hand posted:

i had to google trapper keepers

guess they never made it to canada

Nah, we had them here. My sister had one. By the time I was in school, though, the big thing was Five Star binders with the zippers.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

i own a trapper keeper and use it for pretty much everything in college

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Suddenly I need a Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Shannonmcn posted:

I hate that loving feminism thread. Ugh. May ladythread never be filled with jokesmans.

I'm having some hot chocolate and maybe one of these delicious babies to chill myself out. Mmmm.

What the gently caress's the point without the toy.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

bathroom sounds posted:

What the gently caress's the point without the toy.

chocolate. the point is chocolate.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

i own a trapper keeper and use it for pretty much everything in college

which backstreet boy is your fav

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I HAVE A TRAPPER KEEPER

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

poopkitty posted:

Suddenly I need a Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper.
I tried to send one to a friend as a joke but they don't make them anymore :qq: There were a few going for like $75 on eBay but it sure wasn't that funny a joke.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

poopkitty posted:

I honestly think it was correlation vice causation.

I don't know, causation is more entertaining. New Kids is like the Chernobyl of bands- exposure causes hair loss, retardation, horrific germline mutations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
I liked Billy. Or was it Tommy?

• Locked thread