Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/shaneferro/status/1272543588967202817

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Stoatbringer posted:

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

That's the thing, they wouldn't even kill to GIVE blood and skulls to Khorne - they'd just do it and let them go to waste, while Khorne would be standing there with a 'wha?' expression.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Normy posted:

Every gathering of a dozen dumbass conservatives makes the news as if it's a profound movement.

tbf i had a profound movement earlier today and the resemblance is uncanny

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 17:00 on Jun 15, 2020

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i had a pretty profound movement earlier today and yeah the resemblance is uncanny

How was your press coverage?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

nothing half an hour with a scrub brush won't fix

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

a bidet would hurt less

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

duz posted:

a bidet would hurt less

buddy it takes a huge rear end in a top hat to be anusplaining to A Wizard of Goatse

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1272629419866120193

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Since when does discriminating against gays count as "religious liberty"? Does that mean the crusades were also about religious liberty?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Magic Underwear posted:

Since when does discriminating against gays count as "religious liberty"? Does that mean the crusades were also about religious liberty?

i mean the new crusades were literally sold as freeing christian minority groups against the Horrible Muslim so

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Magic Underwear posted:

Spoilers they don't actually give a poo poo about religion

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Business Gorillas posted:

i mean the new crusades were literally sold as freeing christian minority groups against the Horrible Muslim so

I guess framing hatred and violence as exercises of liberty has been effective for a long time.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Or the military.

I like to point out how many of the homeless they seem to hate so much and seem to think are lazy bums are actually vets with PTSD and poo poo.

"They have SO MANY programs to help these people"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Or the military.

I like to point out how many of the homeless they seem to hate so much and seem to think are lazy bums are actually vets with PTSD and poo poo.

"They have SO MANY programs to help these people"

One thing I will say about Five Finger Death Punch is that those guys both manage to epitomise white guy metal and also call out capitalism for being immoral and hollow and their big focus is on helping Da Troops.

This song is literally just about how veterans are chewed up and spat out by the state:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_l4Ab5FRwM

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Magic Underwear posted:

Since at least the initial colonization in the 'Americas,' and to the kind of person whose identity depends on full and unreserved legal protection for their discrimination against queer folks yes, absolutely.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Magic Underwear posted:

yes absolutely

it's always a zero-sum thing, you are free to the exact extent you are oppressing the poo poo out of somebody else, and that's all freedom is. If some outgroup is not being made miserable in some directed fashion, it is YOU who is the oppressed one; and anyone suggesting you ease up on, like, trans teenagers or whatever is basically doing a Holocaust on you.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

One thing I will say about Five Finger Death Punch is that those guys both manage to epitomise white guy metal and also call out capitalism for being immoral and hollow and their big focus is on helping Da Troops.

This song is literally just about how veterans are chewed up and spat out by the state:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_l4Ab5FRwM

That song guts me every goddamn time I watch it. It's kinda goofy and buttrocky, but the message and the stuff they shot for the video is surprisingly powerful. It got me to look into that list of charities they scroll at the end and actually donate to some of them. People that somehow made it back from deployments they had no say in being sent on deserve to be treated better than how we treat them.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Joanna_Resists/status/1272607622324248576

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

nytimes posted:

Trump’s Halting Walk Down Ramp Raises New Health Questions

The president also appeared to have trouble raising a glass of water to his mouth during a speech at West Point a day before he turned 74, the oldest a president has been in his first term.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/14/us/politics/trump-ramp-water-glass-health.html

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

As much as this is the sort of thing this thread is for, this sort of story from an account called "Joanna Resists" gives me strong Krassenstein vibes

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

SamBishop posted:

That song guts me every goddamn time I watch it. It's kinda goofy and buttrocky, but the message and the stuff they shot for the video is surprisingly powerful. It got me to look into that list of charities they scroll at the end and actually donate to some of them. People that somehow made it back from deployments they had no say in being sent on deserve to be treated better than how we treat them.

It's a shame how the party that is always verbally fellating the troops is only using them as a prop and doesn't really give a poo poo about them or use any of the outrageous military budget to take care of them when they return. On the other hand, they weren't drafted. Anyone who has enlisted in the last 19 years knew fully well they were signing up to go commit war crimes in the name of corporate profit, so...

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

rear end health

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Dickbutt Ouroboros posted:

It's a shame how the party that is always verbally fellating the troops is only using them as a prop and doesn't really give a poo poo about them or use any of the outrageous military budget to take care of them when they return. On the other hand, they weren't drafted. Anyone who has enlisted in the last 19 years knew fully well they were signing up to go commit war crimes in the name of corporate profit, so...

I can reserve a smidgen of sympathy for some american soldiers at least, knowing that your whole society is now rigged to funnel the poor and stupid into the Forever War meatgrinder in the name of Capitalism and warprofiteering, by destroying any and all hope of betterment within the US. But not a lot.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

if we're gonna all do the chud thing of smugging it up and saying people deserve to be ruined for life for being dumb and lovely at age 18 we might as well just give up on ever having a functioning society

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

imho the armed services have created more useful to the cause communists than academia has. Almost none of them sign up to be psycho mckillguy and if that were true you wouldn't have the DoD freaking out about the recruitment implications of free college and M4A

not sure how this dovetails into chuds getting owned tho

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
For a lot of people, selling out to be an imperialist pawn is the only way out of poverty, or to pay for college.

It's a counter to free college or Training used by conservatives. Apparently, nobody deserves 4 years or questionable Healthcare at a government facility unless they earn it with PTSD.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Forceholy posted:

For a lot of people, selling out to be an imperialist pawn is the only way out of poverty, or to pay for college.

It's a counter to free college or Training used by conservatives. Apparently, nobody deserves 4 years or questionable Healthcare at a government facility unless they earn it with PTSD.

I'm doing my part!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I.... don't want to know more :eng99:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
at least the armed forces are p ethnically diverse which is more than most police forces

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

at least the armed forces are p ethnically diverse which is more than most police forces

yeah last i saw they had around twice the rate of minorities as the general american population

also the states that tend to be recruited from the heaviest are the same ones that generate more nfl players

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

we might as well just give up on ever having a functioning society

I can't honestly tell, are you guys still trying these days?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

cakesmith handyman posted:

we're at the point where we've given up and live in a disaster but if someone is coming to visit we might try to spiff it up to "horrible slob" level real quick

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also the states that tend to be recruited from the heaviest are the same ones that generate more nfl players

ah yes, the brain injury belt

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

cakesmith handyman posted:

getting periodically arrested/threatened for it when the government finds out but yeah

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Tangentially related...

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/06/15/woman-15-friends-test-positive-for-coronavirus-after-night-out-at-lynchs/

quote:

JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. – Erika Crisp has been short of breath for several days and has tested positive for COVID-19.

So have more than a dozen of her friends.

The one thing they all had in common: a night out at Lynch's Irish Pub on June 6 in Jacksonville Beach.

Crisp, a 40-year-old health care worker from Jacksonville, said she’s been sick for eight days, and 15 of her friends have also tested positive for COVID-19.

That's right, Trump convention goers. Jam pack yourselves in Jacksonville...

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

The invisible hand of the free market says gently caress nazis

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Elephant Ambush posted:

Religion was always used for wedge issues to get conservative voters to turn out. Our corporate masters' true religion is money and their one political desire is to lower taxes.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Hillary 2020 posted:

The invisible hand of the free market says gently caress nazis

I voted for you, invisible hand. You’re not hurting the people you need to be hurting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

InsertPotPun posted:

"the president isn't throwing temper tantrums" is news
"he's just sitting there with his arms crossed turning bright loving red, he MUST be listening"
working for trump better be a stain that stays on every person's resume and brought up at each of their trials for whatever they eventually get arrested for.

If there's still an America after all this then they'll be unhireable. If not then it won't matter.