Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Awesome Welles posted:

I don't who the gently caress Masatsugu Saito is, but his character designs for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 look like poo poo and the whole thing looks off-putting which is a shame because I'm playing through the first one on the 3DS and I'm enjoying it.

Granted, the original game has designs that look weird as gently caress but I found them to be a lot more interesting/engaging than what looks like some anime game on Steam.
Is it because it's not as graphically ancient as the original was? Outside the cast revealed so far looking younger than the original, which probably isn't a good thing, character design looks pretty similar to the first game.

Besides the probable main character with the sword and his stupid anime pants.

Edit: If the VA cast isn't British though, i'd probably be less interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Astro7x posted:

I don't have a RED card, and that $15 off is offset by the $15 I paid in shipping anyway if I did.

Not only does Amazon has cheaper sales tax (hurray for origin based sales tax and not based on where I actually live!), but I have enough in Amazon GCs that I could buy the whole system and games not pay cash for it. Plus, Prime means I can get BOTW for 20% off. Target wants another $15 to ship that to me on Launch Day. gently caress that.

Ah....I forgot that CA hosed over the state by doing the amazon sales tax. Target is free shipping, though.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

axeil posted:

that's a good point. except the way they marketed the switch isn't jiving with this. they're downplaying all the tablet-y features and instead treating this like it's a home console.

i dunno, i'm just disappointed and doing my best let's play of a market analyst this morning.

They are marketing the Switch primarily as a home console now probably because the 3ds is still doing extremely good and there are still games in the pipeline for it. In a year once that pipeline dries up, the marketing will probably change

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I preordered the switch and some games.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I preordered the switch and some games.

Good, I only preordered Zelda because I am going to get bomberman and 1-2 switch digitally for maximum party potential

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fuuuuck Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is like a $60 DLC pack to Mario Kart 8 that you need to buy a $300 addon for. Why the gently caress isn't it Mario Kart 9? Wasn't Mario Kart 8 like the 2nd or 3rd highest-selling title on Wii U? Why screw the pooch this hard lol

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
I preordered 3 consoles because I am a big manbaby and the overtime has been flowing.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Is that Akuma in Street Fighter 2?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

If they don't announce some sort of DLC plans for MK8 Switch, i'm going to be hard pressed to be interested in it.

I enjoy Mario Kart 8, but i'm not sure a $60 port with no new tracks is going to do it for me.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Waltzing Along posted:

Ah....I forgot that CA hosed over the state by doing the amazon sales tax. Target is free shipping, though.

I'm in Illinois, so origin based means paying 6% vs. 10.5% sales tax.

Target was free if I wanted it like the next week. I'll pay $15 more to get it release day

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Have they made any mentions of pack-ins yet? Obviously no Mario or Zelda but ARMS seems like something they could easily throw in.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

enojy posted:

Fuuuuck Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is like a $60 DLC pack to Mario Kart 8 that you need to buy a $300 addon for. Why the gently caress isn't it Mario Kart 9? Wasn't Mario Kart 8 like the 2nd or 3rd highest-selling title on Wii U? Why screw the pooch this hard lol

Enhanced ports of 3 year old games are all the rage now

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Mario Kart 8 has two item slots what is this poo poo sick

Edit: While playing Mario Kart they took it out of the case and it didn't loose FPS

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Crawfish posted:

Is it because it's not as graphically ancient as the original was? Outside the cast revealed so far looking younger than the original, which probably isn't a good thing, character design looks pretty similar to the first game.

Besides the probable main character with the sword and his stupid anime pants.

Edit: If the VA cast isn't British though, i'd probably be less interested.
Really almost all of the conceivable problems with the game can be solved if they preserve a.) the same caliber of VA from the first game and b.) the same armor variety. I hate the main character, he looks like a Bionicle, but I spent almost zero time in the default clothing of the first game anyway.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Martytoof posted:

Have they made any mentions of pack-ins yet? Obviously no Mario or Zelda but ARMS seems like something they could easily throw in.

No pack in it seems. Really sucks they didn't pack in 1-2 Switch

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

If Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has eight player local battle mode playable with just two systems it will be the goat

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

One-Two-Switch! is 50 us dollars

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Internet Kraken posted:

He oversells his games. Not nearly to the degree that other developers have in the past though, like Molyneux. I really don't care about him.

Cool some people here made it sound like he killed their kid or something. If the worst thing somebody can say about him is that he embellishes a bit then get a life

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Guy Goodbody posted:

I just found out they're charging 50 dollars for 1, 2, Switch

Fuckin what, I said $39.99 Canadian last night, and I was joking.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Sinners Sandwich posted:

$49 more than it should be. Game should come bundled with another Joycon otherwise it's a loving waste

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Strange Matter posted:

Really almost all of the conceivable problems with the game can be solved if they preserve a.) the same caliber of VA from the first game and b.) the same armor variety. I hate the main character, he looks like a Bionicle, but I spent almost zero time in the default clothing of the first game anyway.

Maybe they'll let me put helmets on everyone to cover their horrifying faces.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I am going to buy it with a smile on my face, looking forward to the epic gaming that awaits me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The biggest mistake

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

enojy posted:

Yeah, this looks good but that's because Mario Kart 8 is good. For me this isn't enough to buy the game again.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

enojy posted:

cause no one owned a wiiu so i guess they don't want that effort to go to waste?

of course toss up if the playerbase just ends up being people who re bought mk8

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is this MK8 battle mode new or is it on the WiiU version? If it's on there I might dust off my WiiU tonight.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What a boner. I can easily see myself playing 1-2-Switch all the time were it a pack-in like WiiSports. How expensive could that game possibly have been to make?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Martytoof posted:

Is this MK8 battle mode new or is it on the WiiU version? If it's on there I might dust off my WiiU tonight.
The Wii U battle mode is dogshit garbage that sucks.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Martytoof posted:

Switch Exclusive

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm sad that I couldn't preorder the neon joycons one from Best Buy (they're out, it seems) but at least I got one with in-store pickup now so I can cancel that Target order and save the $35 shipping :v:

I'm gonna want more joycons at some point anyway, probably when MK8 comes out, so I'll just buy a red/blue set then.

HereComesEverybody
Mar 2, 2007

a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.

After being super hyped last night, I realize this morning that buying Zelda on the Wii U will probably be enough to keep me from dropping $400 on the Switch and games/accessories.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Oh poo poo, did they actually put in a proper battle arena mode in MK8D, instead of that bullshit race around an existing track one?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Kashuno posted:

No pack in it seems. Really sucks they didn't pack in 1-2 Switch

That is a bizarre decision to me. It looked like Wii Sports 2.0, which was a huge reason for why the Wii sold so well.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The Switch is exactly what I thought it would be, and seems fine. $300 with no pack in game sucks, but the value proposition certainly beats the WiiU's launch price. Might pick one up after Mario comes out.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Strange Matter posted:

What a boner. I can easily see myself playing 1-2-Switch all the time were it a pack-in like WiiSports. How expensive could that game possibly have been to make?

Other tech demos they can charge $50 for:

Super 3D Hello World!

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Internet Kraken posted:

Maybe they'll let me put helmets on everyone to cover their horrifying faces.
Really I just want more glorious Mayan headdresses like Reyn could wear.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Astro7x posted:

Oh poo poo, did they actually put in a proper battle arena mode in MK8D, instead of that bullshit race around an existing track one?

Yup. It seems like the major addition. I love the look of the new SNES Battle Course 1.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

One, Two, Switch! will be Nintendo's take on frog fractions and is just hiding under it's lackluster premise. Game will be critically acclaimed for it's meta commentary on the nature of Second Player

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

have they showed the UI at all and how chuggish that will be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nephzinho posted:

Is that Akuma in Street Fighter 2?

He first appeared in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (playable by using a code). You had a chance to fight him in the campaign if you met certain unlisted challenges.

• Locked thread