Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

IAMKOREA posted:

Time for all the people in this thread weeping about America to pick up a copy of A People's History of America by Zinn. That should help get you sorted out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

MunchE posted:

Publicly displaying the flag there's a 100% chance they're a piece of poo poo CHUD

i unironically love the poo poo out the ideal of america but especially the land (that we totally stole btw) that is america, because the national and state parks, national forests, and the blm land are all chill as gently caress to go camping/shooting/off roading in and i wouldn't want to live in any other nation just because of that

i loving despise 100% of the people that are obviously jingoistic chud shitheads that shove the flag into everyone's face as if america is perfect as is and not the racist shithole third world country as it exists now

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The outdoor "overflow" lectern and fishbowl they had to erect because SOOO many people wanted tickets and couldn't get them, minutes before Trump was due to speak:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gringostar posted:

i unironically love the poo poo out the ideal of america but especially the land (that we totally stole btw) that is america, because the national and state parks, national forests, and the blm land are all chill as gently caress to go camping/shooting/off roading in and i wouldn't want to live in any other nation just because of that

i loving despise 100% of the people that are obviously jingoistic chud shitheads that shove the flag into everyone's face as if america is perfect as is and not the racist shithole third world country as it exists now

Would telling you that other nations also have various parks, forests, and reserves blow your mind? Hypothetically

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

MrMojok posted:

The outdoor "overflow" lectern and fishbowl they had to erect because SOOO many people wanted tickets and couldn't get them, minutes before Trump was due to speak:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1274481380836114433?s=21

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Skellybones posted:

Would telling you that other nations also have various parks, forests, and reserves blow your mind? Hypothetically

i know they do and have been to some with a lot more planned once this whole "plague" thing is over

i live in southern ca though and cannot imagine not having places like yosemite, joshua tree, mojave, sequoia, big sur, cleveland, angeles, death valley, kings, inyo, and los padres all within like a 6 hour drive from my place that i can go to pretty much whenever i want unless it's heavily booked like yosemite

not to mention the entire coast of ca being a state park and that's just within what i consider my back yard

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Gringostar posted:

At the right moments, with the right eyes, the ideas that took root to make the ideal "United States" are clearly seen.
The tragedy is how that energy, which should go into creating better lives, is wasted on selfish greedy worthless people.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

BigDave posted:

Nope, its all irrelevant bullshit!

Now become a nihlistic anarchist and start Twitter threads about how society was a mistake and it all needs to be flushed down the tubes!

We need a Gen-Z Fight Club for Gen ZZ to mock in 20 years imo

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Eason the Fifth posted:

We need a Gen-Z Fight Club for Gen ZZ to mock in 20 years imo

They already got a name for them, Gen Alpha

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Parrotine posted:

They already got a name for them, Gen Alpha

And a name for the one after, “Generation C”.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Gringostar posted:

i live in southern ca though and cannot imagine not having places like yosemite, joshua tree, mojave, sequoia, big sur, cleveland, angeles, death valley, kings, inyo, and los padres all within like a 6 hour drive from my place that i can go to pretty much whenever i want unless it's heavily booked like yosemite

you better start imagining, the trump administration has already started downsizing national monuments, it’s only a matter of time

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Platystemon posted:

And a name for the one after, “Generation C”.

No boomers. Capitalism only.

Final Generation.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

It's been fun lately, thinking about how if Hillary had won odds are it'd be somebody else making this thread except with her instead of Trump in the title, since her response would've been the same as Trump's only with like 80% of the states refuse to do anything from day 1 because it was an evil baby killing Dem proposing it. I hope that I would've had my post-11/9 crack ping moment and I wouldn't be one of the ones highlighted here

in an alternate Hillary timeline we'd have been midway into a hot war with Russia around when Covid broke out, forget about state government intransigence

is that funnier or less funny than the reality of total unforced error descent into a failed state just for the hell of it, I leave for you to decide

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 04:36 on Jun 21, 2020

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Epic High Five posted:

It's been fun lately, thinking about how if Hillary had won odds are it'd be somebody else making this thread except with her instead of Trump in the title, since her response would've been the same as Trump's only with like 80% of the states refuse to do anything from day 1 because it was an evil baby killing Dem proposing it. I hope that I would've had my post-11/9 crack ping moment and I wouldn't be one of the ones highlighted here
"Anti-lockdown demonstrators celebrate as fourth democratic governor resigns in the face of protests"
"Clinton administration asks nation to come together in silence to honor the troops who lost their lives protecting American unity in Seattle"
"Constitutional convention zoom call interrupted. Washington blames Russian hackers"

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i refuse to believe any other president could have hosed up the handling of covid-19 more than trump. i refuse to believe it

only trump could decide that wearing masks is now a political issue.
only trump's administration would think of stealing PPE from states as a thing, and thus all the other states now have to coordinate between each other rather than with the federal government.
only trump would decide holding a rally, while the pandemic is surging in that city he's holding the rally in, is a good idea.
only trump would tell people to essentially drink bleach

of course there would be people who would refuse to wear a mask but trump amplifying the whole, "wear mask = bad" and turning it into a political issue has made people openly want to not wear a mask just because doing so would give in to the libs. hell even most republicans agree with wearing a mask but the media has also amplified mostly the voices of the no mask wearers.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/19/fox-news-poll-voters-campaign-rallies-bad-idea-329982

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Platystemon posted:

And a name for the one after

"Extinct"?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

in an alternate Hillary timeline we'd have been midway into a hot war with Russia around when Covid broke out, forget about state government intransigence

is that funnier or less funny than the reality of total unforced error descent into a failed state just for the hell of it, I leave for you to decide

a rapidly failing state with fascist politics that controls the strongest military in the world and a giant stockpile of nukes is probably not the scenario involving less war

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Epic High Five posted:

like I said, I've got my calendar marked for 21 days from now when there's gonna be some primo material by my estimation

i wouldn't bother :)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Strong Sauce posted:

i refuse to believe any other president could have hosed up the handling of covid-19 more than trump. i refuse to believe it

only trump could decide that wearing masks is now a political issue.
only trump's administration would think of stealing PPE from states as a thing, and thus all the other states now have to coordinate between each other rather than with the federal government.
only trump would decide holding a rally, while the pandemic is surging in that city he's holding the rally in, is a good idea.
only trump would tell people to essentially drink bleach

of course there would be people who would refuse to wear a mask but trump amplifying the whole, "wear mask = bad" and turning it into a political issue has made people openly want to not wear a mask just because doing so would give in to the libs. hell even most republicans agree with wearing a mask but the media has also amplified mostly the voices of the no mask wearers.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/19/fox-news-poll-voters-campaign-rallies-bad-idea-329982

the chuds would have refused to wear masks anyway just to spite the libs and if you think trump was somehow necessary for this you really haven't been playing attention

in general the cold hard fact is that the government being entirely captive to the capitalist class makes any rational pandemic response impossible since the first priority is still number going up. its pretty easy to see that the majority of actual measures that have been implemented are the ones that are necessary in order to protect the rich, that's why e.g. they're ok with free covid testing but not with free treatment, because the rich care about keeping the plague away from themselves but the infected can drop dead for all they care

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cerebral Bore posted:

the chuds would have refused to wear masks anyway just to spite the libs and if you think trump was somehow necessary for this you really haven't been playing attention
Yeah. Aside from the fact that the modern state is a front for capitalism, which would make any Clinton response inadequate, the right wing reaction to a weak federal response would be insane. Like, the anger at governors would be multiplied hundredfold as the literal archenemy of America was using a made up crisis to achieve totalitarian power over the populace. The moment it'd become too prevalent to suppress anymore in their own states, they'd just switch rhetoric and start talking about how Clinton was carrying out white genocide.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lol at trump coming straight out and saying he wants to reduce testing for covid so the numbers look better.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Biplane posted:

Lol at trump coming straight out and saying he wants to reduce testing for covid so the numbers look better.

Uh, pretty sure your sarcasm detector is broken there, buddy. :smugdon:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

He said multiple time that "we're number one at testing, if we tested more the numbers would look bad", of course he told people to stop testing.

As a prank, bro. Or maybe not??

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Uh, pretty sure your sarcasm detector is broken there, buddy. :smugdon:

Lol

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Ho, ho, ho! A real zinger! If only there were another 120,000 Americans still around to chortle sensibly at that one, he would have gotten a much bigger laugh.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CleverHans posted:

Ho, ho, ho! A real zinger! If only there were another 120,000 Americans still around to chortle sensibly at that one, he would have gotten a much bigger laugh.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i guess trump deliberately killing as many of his supporters as he can makes me like him more than biden. certainly not enough to vote for or support him in any way, but it's something.

You the know the dems and Biden already did this by refusing to push back dem primary dates?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

I'm perfectly calm, Dude.

Calmer than you are, Dude.

Shut the gently caress Up, Donny. You're Out of Your Element.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Enjoying my freedoms

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

a rapidly failing state with fascist politics that controls the strongest military in the world and a giant stockpile of nukes is probably not the scenario involving less war

Didn't you just hear yourself about the giant stockpile of nukes? If there's war there probably won't be much of it.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Didn't you just hear yourself about the giant stockpile of nukes? If there's war there probably won't be much of it.

The doctrine that meaningful policy or military goals can be accomplished through the application of extremely large explosions remains untested and is probably untestable. The US has managed to participate in countless shooting wars despite having (and without deploying) those weapons. I don’t think that’s likely to change anytime soon.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

doingitwrong posted:

The doctrine that meaningful policy or military goals can be accomplished through the application of extremely large explosions remains untested and is probably untestable. The US has managed to participate in countless shooting wars despite having (and without deploying) those weapons. I don’t think that’s likely to change anytime soon.

Didn't you read the post about the US being a rapidly failing state? I believe we are discussing a post-US scenario

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

doingitwrong posted:

cool to talk about how the only country ever to nuke another country (and they loved it so much they did it twice) sometimes fights wars without nuking other countries

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

doingitwrong posted:

the us doesn't need or want meaningful policy or military goals, the war is the goal, and the larger the explosions, the more popular the video clips retweeted by the president

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Too large an explosion would probably negatively affect the Markets. A slow and steady meatgrinder is the way to go in order to maximize profits.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/petermaer/status/1274738859864215552

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Post Trump realizing that he's going to die under Trump here

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

doingitwrong posted:

Q anon told me that patriots would be protected and god himself will come down and protect us from the counter nukes. We are the greatest country on earth protected by god, we can not lose we will win and we will defeat the enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Post Trump realizing that he's going to die under Trump here

The slumping dejected posture makes me think of the virgin vs Chad cheesy meme