Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I don't think it's that Trump's fat; I think it's that he's a piece of poo poo who eats crappy food because he thinks it makes the liberals mad and is doing his best to poison the rest of the country too.

Donald Trump is, at his core, one of those morons who ran to Chick-Fil-A to stuff his face because "HURR TAKE THAT LIEBRULS!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Mueller's been so quiet that I don't know how he could justify it at this point.

Um didn't you see those tweets? Comey said Trump wasn't under investigation therefore an investigation is unnecessary. Also he hired serious people who are good at their jobs instead of Trumpologists so that shows a clear bias.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Kurzon posted:

He can't. I mean, that's the whole point of an independent counsel, right?
Yes, he can.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

theflyingorc posted:

I'm about as fat as Trump and I don't have access to the finest, but healthiest food in the world custom made by the greatest chefs on the planet so no, actually, make fun of him for being a lardass because he loves KFC and thinks exercise eats your vital life essence

Oh, and as somebody who is probably actually as tall as Trump (I don't believe him on the 6'2", we've seen him next to athletes of known heights) - he's straight up lying about his weight. I'd guess at least 250-260.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

angel opportunity posted:

While we're at it, can we please stop bodyshaming Trump for being overweight? It's wildly inappropriate, and there are so many things we can legitimately criticize him on without resorting to bodyshaming, which is never okay

a portion of his campaign was run on him saying that Hilary Clinton lacks stamina and is physically unfit for the presidency, and he produced a doctor's note saying he is the most fit presidential candidate in history.

talk poo poo, get hit

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

angel opportunity posted:

While we're at it, can we please stop bodyshaming Trump for being overweight? It's wildly inappropriate, and there are so many things we can legitimately criticize him on without resorting to bodyshaming, which is never okay

Nah, I'm pretty sure its fine in this case.

The man makes active choices to eat absolute garbage and not exercise at all.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Aurubin posted:

What committee hearing did he back out of? Judiciary? I take it this is a tactical decision so he can just say "classified" over and over again. Hoping Wyden does one of his patented verbal SOS'.

I don't think he can say "classified" to stop questions about his perjury, though. There was news that in the closed Comey hearing last week he dropped that Sessions likely had a third undisclosed meeting with Russians, and Sessions has already been caught lying about meeting with Russians in previous testimony.

While Sessions is obviously a terrible racist lawn gnome, is he clever enough to evade questioning or is he stupid enough to perjure himself again?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I wake up most mornings hoping Mitch McConnell has died.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I don't believe Sessions can fire Mueller since he's recused, Rosenstein would have to do it, wouldn't he?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

evilmiera posted:

We would except he had a fake doctor's note saying how fit he was made up when he was running for President.

Don't forget how he grew and inch in height just before Dr. Oz so his BMI wouldn't be morbidly obese.

E: It's also okay to call the NJ governor a fatass because he's a sad man that keeps bending the knee but will never get anything out of it. Even the zeroth worst doesn't deserve millions of tax dollars wasted by him waiting at a White Castle drivethru getting a cravecase for Donnie.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 12, 2017

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Pellisworth posted:

RWM is already floating a bunch of crap justifying his firing

This is what has me thinking it's going to happen sooner rather than later. The right is already beginning to coordinate its messaging on Mueller, attempting to undermine his credibility as an impartial investigator. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Aurubin posted:

I wake up most mornings hoping Mitch McConnell has died.

Mitch McConnell, more than any one other man, is the author of our republic's sorrows.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

OK OK, I shouldn't put it past Republicans to slander a good man for political reasons. Has anyone currently in government made those kinds of jabs at Mueller, or is it just has-beens like Gingrich?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Just out of curiosity, what was the reason Nixon gave for the Saturday Night Massacre? The official reason, that is.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Snuffman posted:

Nah, I'm pretty sure its fine in this case.

The man makes active choices to eat absolute garbage and not exercise at all.

I agree. Wasn't there some story about how he thinks you're born with only so much energy so exercise shortens your life?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/874293744442408960

Heh. The spineless scum who are willing to work for Trump deserve every one of these indignities.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BardoTheConsumer posted:

I agree. Wasn't there some story about how he thinks you're born with only so much energy so exercise shortens your life?

Sounds like something that quack of a doctor of his would tell him.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Alter Ego posted:

Just out of curiosity, what was the reason Nixon gave for the Saturday Night Massacre? The official reason, that is.

Either "I am not a crook", "it's not illegal if the president does it", or an expletive filled diatribe against minorities and other people perceived to be out to get him.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Old James posted:

Ooh! Sub-forum hate, that reminds me of last decade. Let's also bring back smilies :gb2gbs: and reg date hate :regd05:

you're defending a moron who thinks sex workers are just in it because they want louis vuitton handbags and expensive cars, and the only people who think prostitution is bad are bible thumpers and ugly women. we have enough casual misogyny in this thread every time ivanka and melania come up, no need to actively defend shitheads.

in actual trump news: has the visit to the UK been cancelled or not? i've heard that it's back on now. anyone know what the current situation is?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

theflyingorc posted:

(he didn't actually think that was how mountains work, it was a really fun gimmick)

The extent to which I teased people was an exaggeration, but yes, I did live in Vermont for a year, and was honestly confused when people talked about "the mountains".

People East of the Mississippi just use a very different vocabulary to talk about the natural world. I was in New York City, and talking to someone there, and saying that while I liked the city, it would be hard to be so far from any type of wilderness area, and they responded "Well, you have the Hudson River Valley, that is a beautiful wilderness", and I was like "I don't even know how to start with that..."

I actually can see things the other way, but most people from East of the Mississippi can't, because they are pretty fixed in their worldview. Like, I know that while its not pristine wilderness, there are areas in the Appalachians that effectively do block transport. But the people in Ohio and New York honestly don't seem to understand there is a place where a town of 15,000 people isn't a tiny mountain town, but rather a place that people drive an hour to get to because its the big city.

For a more productive discussion about wilderness areas, I made a thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823013

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
E: ^^^^^^ are you seriously doing this poo poo again?

citybeatnik posted:

Either "I am not a crook", "it's not illegal if the president does it", or an expletive filled diatribe against minorities and other people perceived to be out to get him.

So you dont know then. Thanks for posting

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

botany posted:

you're defending a moron who thinks sex workers are just in it because they want louis vuitton handbags and expensive cars, and the only people who think prostitution is bad are bible thumpers and ugly women. we have enough casual misogyny in this thread every time ivanka and melania come up, no need to actively defend shitheads.

in actual trump news: has the visit to the UK been cancelled or not? i've heard that it's back on now. anyone know what the current situation is?

Its off until the UK loves him

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

farraday posted:

I shop at Sacks off fifth.

I would say Trump is more likely to tweet that he could fire Mueller but he won't.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/874294155257806848

With few exceptions.

Pray tell, Donald. What are those exceptions? Who could be your potential peers?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

botany posted:

Politics in the UK has stopped due to a lack of goat skin.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sloober posted:

Its off until the UK loves him

Maybe they should hold a vote. Do you like Donnie. [yes] [no].

What could possible go wrong.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/874095529025822720

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

botany posted:

I'm not defending anyone. I didn't read the comment you were replying to, just was surprised to see the Go Back To GBS resurrected from the Gas Chamber.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Alter Ego posted:

the official reason was that nixon had worked out a compromise with the senate watergate committee as to the tapes. nixon didn't want to release them, the committee wanted access, so a compromise was made that senator john stennis was to listen to the tapes and write up a description. stennis was notoriously almost deaf, so cox (the special investigator) refused to accept that compromise. nixon claimed the fact that both the president and the senate investigators had come to a "fair" compromise showed that cox was biased and thought that the public would accept that as a reason for firing him. didn't work out that way, obviously.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Pellisworth posted:

I don't think he can say "classified" to stop questions about his perjury, though. There was news that in the closed Comey hearing last week he dropped that Sessions likely had a third undisclosed meeting with Russians, and Sessions has already been caught lying about meeting with Russians in previous testimony.

While Sessions is obviously a terrible racist lawn gnome, is he clever enough to evade questioning or is he stupid enough to perjure himself again?

I was more curious who would give more pointed questions. Obviously neither committees' Republicans, but I don't expect Dianne Feinstein or lol Manchin to offer any pointed questions. Hell I imagine Manchin will be defending the racist lawn gnome. So that leaves Wyden, Heinrich, King, and Harris, in order of question effectiveness imo. Harris is last mostly because she's new.

Aurubin fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 12, 2017

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Crabtree posted:

Pray tell, Donald. What are those exceptions? Who could be your potential peers?

I would very much like to see him answer that question.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
On Donnie's first international adventure, the Sauds were really nice to him but the Europeans were so mean he called them names, spontaneously dropped support for NATO Article 5 in his speeches, and pulled out of the Paris agreement.

He's not going on any more foreign visits unless he gets a guarantee his fee fees won't get hurt. Travel is tiring and it's hard to get enough praise from cable TV when you're overseas! :cry:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

botany posted:

only the attorney general can remove mueller, and only for good reason. trump could order sessions to do so, but that would likely end with sessions stepping down. at that point we're deep into a reenactment of the saturday night massacre with rosenstein next to bat.

If Sessions is formally recused from the Russia investigation, no he cannot fire Mueller.

Comey, however, cast doubt on whether Sessions actually formally recused during the hearing.

farraday posted:

I shop at Sacks off fifth.

I would say Trump is more likely to tweet that he could fire Mueller but he won't.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/874294155257806848

With few exceptions.

Few being any number 3+, I agree.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
How could you describe a mountain to a person who had never seen one? Would you say it's just real tall ground?

I would.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Aurubin posted:

I was more curious who would give more pointed questions. Obviously neither committees' Republicans, but I don't expect Dianne Feinstein or lol Manchin to offer any pointed questions. Hell I imagine Manchin will be defending the racist lawn gnome. So that leaves Wyden, Heinrich, King, and Harris, in order of question effectiveness imo. Harris is last mostly because she's new.

Harris rules, she's a former prosecutor (CA state AG) and will demolish him

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shitshow posted:

This is what has me thinking it's going to happen sooner rather than later. The right is already beginning to coordinate its messaging on Mueller, attempting to undermine his credibility as an impartial investigator. I don't think it's a coincidence.

i'm not willing to give them that much credit for being able to compile such a conspiracy.

claiming mueller is tainted feeds the rwm outrage machine and gets viewers/clicks. that's it.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

If Sessions is formally recused from the Russia investigation, no he cannot fire Mueller.

Comey, however, cast doubt on whether Sessions actually formally recused during the hearing.

There aren't any rules to what recusal means. Sessions was involved in firing Comey so expect him to be involved in firing Mueller too.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Chilichimp posted:

He can order Rosenstein to fire Mueller and then fire everyone that refuses. It would probably take about 2-4 people till you Bork things up.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kurzon posted:

He can't. I mean, that's the whole point of an independent counsel, right?

He can fire Justice Department officials until he finds someone who agrees to fire Mueller, just like Nixon did.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Aurubin posted:

Feinstein asked comey "FEINSTEIN: Talk for a moment about his request that you pledge loyalty, and your response to that and what impact you believe that had." and "Do you believe the Russia investigation played a role?" and manchin asked "Do you believe there were any tapes or recordings of your conversations with the president?"

Like not the most rock hard pointed questions but they didn't go 1000% fluff either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Pellisworth posted:

On Donnie's first international adventure, the Sauds were really nice to him but the Europeans were so mean he called them names, spontaneously dropped support for NATO Article 5 in his speeches, and pulled out of the Paris agreement.

He's not going on any more foreign visits unless he gets a guarantee his fee fees won't get hurt. Travel is tiring and it's hard to get enough praise from cable TV when you're overseas! :cry:

Going to be weird when the lizard part of donnie's brain associates pain with europeans(aka whites) and pleasure from terrorist mooslem and non whites(if he tours banana republics and they pull out all the stops to suck his dick).

• Locked thread