Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

four hundred and forty nine pounds

and it doesn't include the console

or the game!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Silver Alicorn posted:

or the game!!
it does but it's a download code

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

PleasureKevin posted:

microsoft showed a graphic with all the games that will be backwards compatible one xbone

apparently it was full of duplicates so someone removed them

kudos for at least not showing any iOS app icons
lol

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
turn it off

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

akadajet posted:

wow, don't think i've seen a blue screen in years

turns out i have a bad ram module. so.... ya, not gonna blame windows for that.

corsiar on the other hand

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

i don't know if you're unwilling to admit that microsoft made a terrible design flaw or if you just want to stick it to environmentalism and lead-free stuff. i thought the lead debate was over like in like the 70's.

of course if you re-apply the lead in that area it will seem to "fix" it. but it's like if a crack in a building appears in one specific location and you fill in the crack and conclude "oh i guess these particular bricks/cinder blocks were the problem" when clearly the foundation is crooked beneath it.

they did make a terrible design flaw, they used unleaded solder in a desing originally calling for leaded solder, and then didnt make sure it was being heated and applied properly.

it fixes it because its the fault, a properly reballed pre-hdmi 360 will not be anywhere near as susceptible to an rrod as a stock one. i havnt had a single one come back with an rrod after being fix.ed

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

hahahahaha I still can't get over these 2 state slider widgets. like jfc

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Chris Knight posted:

MY SKEUOMORPHISMMMMMMMMM

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

four hundred and forty nine pounds

and it doesn't include the console

Don't post my weight

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Phoenixan posted:

lol at the very faint "window snip"

it still takes a screenshot during the menu fadeout transition

lol windows has had a serviceable snipping tool for ages, how did they gently caress that up

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Stux posted:

they did make a terrible design flaw, they used unleaded solder in a desing originally calling for leaded solder, and then didnt make sure it was being heated and applied properly.

it fixes it because its the fault, a properly reballed pre-hdmi 360 will not be anywhere near as susceptible to an rrod as a stock one. i havnt had a single one come back with an rrod after being fix.ed

clearly the leaded solder has slowed your mind

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Chris Knight posted:

iphones are full of them, and they suck. i hate them :mad:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

it does but it's a download code

at least gimme a steelbook like jeez

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I don't care if it's empty

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

at least gimme a steelbook like jeez

it does, actually

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

i'm just glad to know that somewhere out there will be a couple that keep those two halo spartan statues on opposite ends of the mantel over their fifeplace

except for on nights when one coyly signals to the other that its time to make love and will surreptitiously join them together in the middle

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

it does, actually

box looks the same as the reach legendary edition

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also i think they relented and now give you the option of either digital code or disc

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

shadow puppet of a posted:

i'm just glad to know that somewhere out there will be a couple that keep those two halo spartan statues on opposite ends of the mantel over their fifeplace

except for on nights when one coyly signals to the other that its time to make love and will surreptitiously join them together in the middle

its u

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

shadow puppet of a posted:

do people actually do this

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

univbee posted:

it does, actually

jesus christ, why?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

do people actually do this

- posted from atop silver alicorns pile of red panda plushies

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

pram posted:

- posted from atop silver alicorns pile of red panda plushies

lol

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

akadajet posted:

jesus christ, why?
because idiot gamer nerds are going to buy it

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

univbee posted:

it does, actually

esrb rating: may contain content appropriate for manchildren

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Lego Halo: Minecraft Edition 2 Kinect

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

anthonypants posted:

because idiot gamer nerds are going to buy it

they might not, titanfall ce's didn't exactly fly off the shelves, you can buy on today for $70 off MSRP

pram
Jun 10, 2001
what is halo even about if they defeated the flood (?) (idk i only played the first one)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the Ominous Words activated the Ominous Word device and only John Halo and Philosopher's Name can stop it from destroying A THing

e: laffo I was basically right "UNSC forces descend on the city of New Phoenix, the location the Didact used the Composer on, to find its inhabitants composed. In a narration, the Didact proclaims the Forerunner's role as custodians of the galaxy having to bear the Mantle of Responsibility,"

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

the ltsb build of windows 10 is interesting

- will never have new features added to it; it gets updates for 10 years but only security/hotfix-style ones
- in light of the above, since edge will normally get updated regularly, they removed it completely from the ltsb version; you only have ie11 as a browser

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

why dont they make just one os

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

univbee posted:

- will never have new features added to it; it gets updates for 10 years but only security/hotfix-style ones
- in light of the above, since edge will normally get updated regularly, they removed it completely from the ltsb version; you only have ie11 as a browser
will it come with windows defender?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

univbee posted:

lmao

pram
Jun 10, 2001
removing edge makes literally no sense. they're basically aiming to cause another ie6 scenario

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

univbee posted:

I look forward to having this installed on my work machine in 2019

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

pram posted:

removing edge makes literally no sense. they're basically aiming to cause another ie6 scenario

presumably you're supposed to use firefox/chrome

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

and that's why Microsoft is cool again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

pram posted:

it's because they're going to keep updating edge but not ie11. since the goal of the image is consistency they had to take out edge, basically

the mistake is thinking "not updating your browser" is desirable

• Locked thread