Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The feds are literally told not to investigate white supremacists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Virigoth posted:

Fuckin Alan will never get in the militias with the man into his movements.

At one point in the early 90s there was a pro-2nd Amendment rally in Sacramento. A buddy of mine and I went, we met some folks who generally seemed cool, and had some serious discussions.

A couple of weeks later I'm sitting in my living room with a list of 20 or so names and numbers of people who wanted to hear, and do, more about citizen organizing in the wake of Ruby Ridge and Waco.

I thought about it, and threw the list out. I'm quite sure my life has been a lot simpler, more convenient, and far less surveiled for having done so.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
e: ah sshit

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

xtal posted:

It's not an enormous lie at all, they can change their mind the next time they're over, just like they did this time. They would officially be an rear end in a top hat once there was a fake pregnancy and fake baby shower.

Fake a gender reveal party and hope the parents are the next gender reveal deaths. Problem solved.

DemoneeHo posted:

Somehow, i dont think this guy will ever get into a long-term relationship

That’s just incel logic. Women are all hypergamous

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for calling my brother out in front of family for acting like an alt-right extremist obsessed with the "boogaloo"?

My brother (Alan, 29M) is a complicated guy.

Obvious hateful nazi scum isn't that complicated to be honest.

Family that defends obvious hateful nazi scum isn't complicated either.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Girlfriend [26f] of 2 years tried on sexy underwear in front of her brother [26m] before showing it to me [28m]. Is that weird?

quote:

I'm weirded out about this but also, they are super close so, I'm not entirely sure.

They lived together for several years (they moved here another country. I'm an immigrant too from another country BTW, not that it's really relevant) and they have a very good relationship. We sometimes watch movies and series with him, have a good time. He's a cool guy who is always willing to help her and me.

According to her, she tried on sexy underwear in front of him about 2 days before she showed it to me, because she wanted a man's opinion beforehand. I imagine her asking "do you think it looks good on me?" and kinda showing herself off a little bit, and it's really loving weird to me.

She also mentioned it in passing like it was the most normal thing ever and I was like "uh, what?". She still thinks it was completely whatever even after I told her that seemed like an unusual boundary to cross. She said they are "literally girlfriends" so it was totally normal for them.

Another time, I remember he was in our home and had just bought some sort girl boxers and she was goofing around in only the boxers and a tank top, pulling them up to her waist and saying she looked like an old lady. Her bro didn't seem to think it was odd and they just traded a few jokes about it. So they seem totally OK with being in underwear around each other.

Is this normal? As in, is that an attitude common in siblings (I'm an only child)? In my experience, no, so it seems weird, but they are so normal about it that it is a little confusing to me.

I think some people would agree that it is a little odd, but I don't know what to think exactly. I'm BTW not trying to shame them in any way, it's just odd to me.

Is this a weird boundary to have for them?

tl;dr: GF tried on sexy underwear in front of her brother because she wanted a man's opinion on it before showing it to me. I find that odd and weird. Is it, really?

European girlfriend spotted

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

The Bramble posted:

Girlfriend [26f] of 2 years tried on sexy underwear in front of her brother [26m] before showing it to me [28m]. Is that weird?

European girlfriend spotted

I was going to suggest Alabama

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I need to find that Chapo thread about Broad Europe.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
WIBTA if I kept the vibrator I bought for my gf and I at my place?

quote:

Throwaway, mobile, blah blah blah.

I just bought a Hitachi magic wand to use in the bedroom with my girlfriend after she expressed interest in getting one. I’m considering whether I want to tell her I want to keep it at my place or that she can take it with her.

My reasoning/defense:

1. This is not a gift specifically for HER. I bought this as a tool for both of us to find joy from (most of my pleasure in the bedroom is about making my partner happy).

2. If for whatever reason we don’t end up working out, I would like to keep my $150 investment to possibly use in future relationships. If I let her take it, I feel like it would then become HERS.

3. I am nervous about possibly being replaced. Why walk 30 minutes to the boyfriends house when Mr. Hitachi can do much better?

Reasons why I would be TA:

1. This is a bit controlling. It could come off as “you may only find pleasure when you’re with me” which is not my intention.

2. I am providing an incentive for her to come over based around sex.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pinecone Sample posted:

just give her the loving vibrator you loving idiot

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
But it's an investment quality vibrator. If it doesn't last at least six relationships, what am I even paying for?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

BONGHITZ posted:

gently caress my daughter like *this*

After Mrs bastard announced on Facebook that either our third or fourth pregnancy was going to be another girl, my uncle saw fit to use that thread as a forum for recommending sex positions and times of day to get a boy.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Pinecone Sample posted:

Mmm yes let me check my spreadsheet of sex toy investment portfolios hmmmm *smokes pipe thoughtfully*

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

but you are already are the rear end in a top hat

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

tactlessbastard posted:

After Mrs bastard announced on Facebook that either our third or fourth pregnancy was going to be another girl, my uncle saw fit to use that thread as a forum for recommending sex positions and times of day to get a boy.

That's got to make family gatherings awkward, knowing for a fact that your uncle has thought about your partner doing reverse cowgirl at 2:37 in the afternoon.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

therobit posted:

Maybe you should not warn your felon brother about your plan to report his illegal weapons to the police. Just a thought.

Do you think Alan would get rid of any illegal guns, even if he knew the feds were coming? He definitely, definitely wouldn't lol

Plus they're probably legal

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tashilicious posted:

just give her the loving vibrator you loving idiot

It's not about sex, it's about control.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

hawowanlawow posted:

Do you think Alan would get rid of any illegal guns, even if he knew the feds were coming? He definitely, definitely wouldn't lol

Plus they're probably legal

I think the worry is more about him using his guns to shoot the feds and/or the snitch

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Megillah Gorilla posted:

You could say this, and in fact I do, about all gifts.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, he states very clearly in his post that controlling her "isn't his intention". And we all know having good intentions absolves the actor from the negative consequences of their actions, so you'll need a new theory I'm afraid.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Megillah Gorilla posted:

i am aware
he should still give her the vibe so she can have an orgasm them dump his rear end

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That man should "invest" in some solid gold buttplugs

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The feds are literally told not to investigate white supremacists.

Haha this is so disturbingly true.

Feds have been directed to ignore white nationalists/nazi's in favor of groups organizing to confront/resist white nationalists/nazi's.

I think its safe to assume white nationalists/nazi's have thoroughly infiltrated the government with enough numbers as to actually affect policy.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for calling my brother out in front of family for acting like an alt-right extremist obsessed with the "boogaloo"?

Get out of the house before your brother murders you for not being pure enough. Also :hmbol: @ "the boogaloo". If someone used that word around me in serious conversation I don't know if I could ever be convinced that they weren't just loving with me. That's just a straight up toddler word and the idea of a bunch of skinheads and rednecks sitting in a darkened room polishing their rifles and getting very serious and animated about it is hilarious.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Nastyman posted:

Get out of the house before your brother murders you for not being pure enough. Also :hmbol: @ "the boogaloo". If someone used that word around me in serious conversation I don't know if I could ever be convinced that they weren't just loving with me. That's just a straight up toddler word and the idea of a bunch of skinheads and rednecks sitting in a darkened room polishing their rifles and getting very serious and animated about it is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/800874083369897984

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Honestly with a few of them, at least those of the gamer varierty, I could swear they think not being racist makes you gay. It's like a verbal tic. I've met some that present perfectly as normal people with otherwise healthy views and relationships but as soon as something happens or could happen or just a person existing in view, and isn't completely heteronormative cis wonderbread with mayo white Christian, they go off like they're putting money in a slot machine. They're like nice guys but for recruiting nazis. You think you know a guy and then one day you find out they can't walk past a shawarma joint without devoting all their brainpower to making a terrorism joke.

caterpillaropera
Aug 31, 2004

Who's gonna teach you to bump and grind?
Buglord

Pinecone Sample posted:

His one comment has quite the logic:

quote:

I didn’t think it would be considered that gross but that seems to be the general consensus from most of the comments. In my mind, if you’re willing to touch parts of a living body that isn’t 100% clean and that has also touched other women before, you’re willing to touch a clean and sterile vibrator.

Making a STRONG case that he shouldn't be allowed to gently caress anything other than a robot, which seems fair.

caterpillaropera fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 3, 2020

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Touched. Other. Women. Before?!

caterpillaropera
Aug 31, 2004

Who's gonna teach you to bump and grind?
Buglord
I don't believe that part. I fully believe that he's not clean, though.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if the GF takes the vibrator back to her place that introduces the risk of cooties transmission. far better to keep it under lock and key with appropriate biological containment protocols

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

caterpillaropera posted:

His one comment has quite the logic:

Making a STRONG case that he shouldn't be allowed to gently caress anything other than a robot, which seems fair.

I don't think you can even reliably sterilize something like a hitatchi unless you replace some standard parts with something like platinum-cured silicone.

It doesn't matter. I don't know a single woman that would be comfortable using a sex toy that was bought for and used on the previous gf. That wand is essentially haunted by pussy ghosts.

Give her the toy if she wants it. If you're threatened by a toy, it means you need to step up, not lock the toys up.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Pinecone Sample posted:

1. Where the gently caress is this guy paying $150 for a magic wand?

2. "If machine make orgasm why would female bother with meat dick? BEEP BOOP"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
But what if he breaks up with her?

His investment!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Clitch posted:

1. Where the gently caress is this guy paying $150 for a magic wand?

The Hitachi store? The wireless one is on sale for 140 now, and multiple packages hover around 150.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And that's before you get into stuff like the speed controller, the various attachments, the pillow, etc.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

DandyLion posted:

Haha this is so disturbingly true.

Feds have been directed to ignore white nationalists/nazi's in favor of groups organizing to confront/resist white nationalists/nazi's.

I think its safe to assume white nationalists/nazi's have thoroughly infiltrated the government with enough numbers as to actually affect policy.

this is correct but it's less an infiltration and more the fact that America is a nation of slaveowning capitalists and has ALWAYS been run by bigots using racism to pit the working class against each other.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Clitch posted:

2. "If machine make orgasm why would female bother with meat dick? BEEP BOOP"

This same person would also have a Google alert to notify them of any news articles containing the phrase "sex robot", undoubtedly.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Good vibrators are expensive.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-vibrators/

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Why do so many awful nerds get so tripped up over the concept of "a gift?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Because you give it away and then it's not yours anymore even though you spent your money and went through the trouble of procuring it.