Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

mods change my name posted:

Uhhh if someone said that on the gip discord it was most assuredly a joke

Not GiP it was the fight game discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I get offended every time I hear “Hey girls, check it out!” At the beginning of the ribbon dancer jingle.

What if I want to travel back in time to the 90s and ribbon dance as a dude?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

It's late and time for bed.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 10, 2018

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I think the last time I had to abuse game voice chat mod powers, it was from someone using the N-word “ironically” to refer to any player who killed him.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
"Guys" is not a pronoun, and besides, it has been a gender-neutral catch-all for decades.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The same people that rail against "guys" as a second person plural tend to also poo poo on anyone using "y'all" except instead of being sexist, apparently y'all is just ignorant.

This is my anecdotal experience, anyway. Y'all may differ.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
How y’all doing today?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
How do you do, you all.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Y’all can smdftb.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tired. Waiting for the weekend.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ONE oval office WOLF PACK posted:

How y’all doing today?

I broke an expensive thing today, but then I saved a ton of people a ton of work in the right meeting so everyone forgot that they were even supposed to care about a fuckup :downs:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's pretty chill in the warehouse today. We're a man short, but surviving without. The sense of urgency has been sucked out after the last guy quit.

Maybe it's the absence of that rear end in a top hat, or the weed bread, but things have been much more mellow all week.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Professor Bling posted:

y'all is just ignorant.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ignant

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I forgot to wear a belt today, or a sweater to hide that.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

I forgot to wear a belt today, or a sweater to hide that.

If anybody questions you, ask why they're staring at your crotch.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
Back at work after two days at home with a respiratory infection, which fucks my asthmatic airways up royally.

Spent all day making four slides in PowerPoint that would have taken me an hour otherwise. Truly not the best of days, but lunch was ok and my kids are a joy.

6/10 would work again.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I caught the seasonal cold and went home at lunch by using sick leave. Went and ate a big bowl of pho. First time using sick leave for something like this ever though, so I couldn't shake the feeling that I was doing something wrong, like skipping school.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Working. Kinda. I’m a subcontractor after all.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Spent the day trying to convince the state that my last day of class was 12/12 even though the college is run by the same state that seems to think that I've somehow been lying about being out of class since the semester ended.

Don't live in IL, y'all. Just don't. Ain't poo poo here that's worth going through everything else the state throws at you.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The Rat posted:

I caught the seasonal cold and went home at lunch by using sick leave. Went and ate a big bowl of pho. First time using sick leave for something like this ever though, so I couldn't shake the feeling that I was doing something wrong, like skipping school.

Pho is the best food ever and cures cancer and aids.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Pho is the most disappointing dish I've ever eaten.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

No you just ate a disappointing bowl of Pho

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

No you just ate a disappointing bowl of Pho

Ah yes, the "you just haven't smoked the right weed, maaan" argument

Disclaimer Edit: I like Pho but probably because I didn't have half the internet evangelizing how good it is when I tried it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
phô is pretty good, but I prefer shoyu ramen.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Professor Bling posted:

Don't live in IL, y'all. Just don't. Ain't poo poo here that's worth going through everything else the state throws at you.

All the more reason I'm glad I left when I was a teenager.

I might still have my FOID card from when I was 12. I seem to hold on to IDs of all sorts.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Professor Bling posted:

Spent the day trying to convince the state that my last day of class was 12/12 even though the college is run by the same state that seems to think that I've somehow been lying about being out of class since the semester ended.

Do we include Chicago as being IL? Because Chicago owns. I have nothing good to say about the rest of Illinois, however.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

DoktorLoken posted:

Do we include Chicago as being IL? Because Chicago owns. I have nothing good to say about the rest of Illinois, however.

I hear Illinois is full of Nazis

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Professor Bling posted:

Ah yes, the "you just haven't smoked the right weed, maaan" argument

Disclaimer Edit: I like Pho but probably because I didn't have half the internet evangelizing how good it is when I tried it

I'm half Vietnamese, so I was having pho before the internet went retarded with it. Same with Sriracha.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I didn’t know the internet loved it. My ex was Thai/Lao/Vietnamese so I like all that poo poo.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

I didn’t know the internet loved it. My ex was Thai/Lao/Vietnamese so I like all that poo poo.

There was a weird period a couple years back where gbs went nuts over sriracha and pho.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Judging by the ads I see for various Sriracha flavored / infused things, I'd say the insanity is still going strong.

Really weirds me out that the world suddenly fell in love with a sauce you used to find at lovely Chinese joints growing up.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
THANKS FOR THE AVATAR <3

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:dogge:

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 12, 2018

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

at the date posted:

"Guys" is not a pronoun, and besides, it has been a gender-neutral catch-all for decades.

dude

dudes

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Fuckers.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

phô is pretty good, but I prefer shoyu ramen.

I have a pretty good theory about pho being the best second/third date food. You can't eat it cleanly or without slurping so it brings everyone down to the same level. Its cheap and if the date loving sucks it is fast.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DoktorLoken posted:

I do because imo Chicago's a huge shithole mainly because it's full of fuckin' assholes. Parts of it are decent or even cool but as a whole it can go sink in the lake

But then again I'm from southern IL originally so there's hella bias in my opinions. I just feel like any major-ish city where it doesn't fall below -15F in the winter is superior.

S. IL isn't that bad, but it's rural as poo poo and still pretty "those people" racist. Of course, I feel like Chicago's a lot more open with their racism with the whole "urban/feral thugs" angle I've heard from literally anyone from the suburbs

whole state's pretty poo poo

hot take: STL is better than Chicago

STL cops are powerhungry fucks (but I repeat myself) but AFAIK they ain't set up a single interrogation black site, unlike CPD

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Professor Bling posted:

hot take: STL is better than Chicago

STL cops are powerhungry fucks (but I repeat myself) but AFAIK they ain't set up a single interrogation black site, unlike CPD

Well, they haven't had to. Can't interrogate a corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

"I do because imo Chicago's a huge shithole mainly because it's full of fuckin' assholes."

I've never really got that vibe in the hundreds of times I've been in Chicago. Maybe if you're talking about douchey bros in Lakeview or something.