Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Was Jesus, LOL indigenous, or was that greater internet derived?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Sombrerotron posted:

This remains one of my favourite things to emerge from SA.

Anyway here's an old macro I found that seems generally apt.

I thought there was actually a story posted along with that.

Also Dan Akyroyd hung out at the bar hitting on high-school girls (Canadian province where the drinking age is 18).

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Charles posted:

I thought there was actually a story posted along with that.

Also Dan Akyroyd hung out at the bar hitting on high-school girls (Canadian province where the drinking age is 18).

It's Dennis Haskins, of Saved By The Bell fame. When he wasn't acting, he'd tour college campuses as a motivational speaker. I've heard stories of him creeping on college girls at campus programming conventions. Never saw him creep, but definitely watched him get hammered at these conventions.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Brute Squad posted:

It's Dennis Haskins, of Saved By The Bell fame. When he wasn't acting, he'd tour college campuses as a motivational speaker. I've heard stories of him creeping on college girls at campus programming conventions. Never saw him creep, but definitely watched him get hammered at these conventions.

I was thinking that's what people said about him, but I didn't want to write it in case my memory was faulty.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

This one's my favorite:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

boy a lot of these early images are homophobic. makes you wonder about the legacy of SA, huh.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It'll be a lesser version of "oh wow holy gently caress these old shows/movies/cartoons/comics were racist compared to today." The merits remain, but with an asterisk.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

boy a lot of these early images are homophobic. makes you wonder about the legacy of SA, huh.

Times were different, OK?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Maybe we can have Whoopi Goldberg explain Something Awful’a early years with a short intro explaining its… humor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCT1clqci3I

Cosmic Joke
Apr 22, 2018

FiftySeven posted:

One thing I would really loving love to know is how Moot feels about what 4chan has enabled nowadays. I dont know if hes said anything about it since he sold the site and started working at google but if I were in his position and looked back at the cess pool that is 4chan and its infestation of "ironic" alt right cunts, I dont know if I could live with that.

As far as I know he hasn't commented on the site at all after selling it, at least not any further than very neutrally wishing it the best going forward in a few post-sale interviews. He has pretty much vanished from the public eye. It's an understandable and probably a wise decision, since he finally managed to leave the site behind and now has a great (I assume) job at Google, and commenting on something like 4chan means just unnecessarily running into a minefield. It's a situation in which no matter what you say, you're going to make some people very, very upset.

Having said that, I was a bit disappointed not seeing him in the article as well.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Maybe we can have Whoopi Goldberg explain Something Awful’a early years with a short intro explaining its… humor.

drat, could I love her more? :allears:

Is there a youtube where she does Huck Finn?

Lizame Bizrutal
Mar 19, 2002
Jesmaster - Pizza Matrix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzYulkD13D0

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Pretty sure most of these are from SA, if not then at least they are pre 2008. I pulled them from an external HDD I haven't used since then and really haven't saved any new ones since about then when they were banned here.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Apr 22, 2018

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Android Apocalypse posted:

It may be cliche but I feel Morgan Freeman would lend an air of legitimacy to SA's illustrious history

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nah you can get Edward James Olmos for half-price

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Back then they weren't considered homophobic. They totally were, but nobody thought about them that way.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I'm disappointed in your Erik Estrada. So non p.c. Mine just says "you're an idiot"

• Locked thread