Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

Goddamnit AA you were supposed to be the assassin, you’ve ruined my beautiful plan!!

I'm a sweet little angel, innocent with no taste for bloodletting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dancer posted:

Emm what I say here is wrong, I thought there were two people on 2 votes. As things stand, RF would've won by down-voting Sal. Then there would be two people with 2 votes, so they must be the two lowest, and one of them isn't revo.

Yeah that was my plan. If I'd been right and AA was non revolutionary I'd have won. Curses!

This was fun but I feel like I only came close to winning because nobody knew what they were doing. If probably still do it again though.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah that was my plan. If I'd been right and AA was non revolutionary I'd have won. Curses!

This was fun but I feel like I only came close to winning because nobody knew what they were doing. If probably still do it again though.

If AA had been non-rev, my vote still would have allowed a rev win, which is exactly why I did not stick to my in-plan thread.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jon Joe posted:

If AA had been non-rev, my vote still would have allowed a rev win, which is exactly why I did not stick to my in-plan thread.

Yeah actually, he also got an extra vote there that threw it off

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dancer posted:

Side note, I can't help but believe that while this experiment may not have been that much fun, it shows some potential. I'd like to run it again (potentially with a few extra recruits). Would the 6 of you be willing to repeat?

I'd also be willing to implement some house-rules for re-balancing, and have one idea to start with: Since the bishop wincon feels so hard, I'm thinking to remove everything except the vote-count requirement. So it's not exclusive anymore, and can potentially win together with Revolutionary, Bourg, or even Dictator.

I'm not confident that this game format works in non-real-time since, as you saw, it goes a long way towards defanging Shenanigans by giving enough time for dedicated people to detective out lies/bamboozles.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I agree with Podima. I would not be up for another round, personally. The game was a fun experience, but I'd like to keep it to just the one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Podima posted:

I'm not confident that this game format works in non-real-time since, as you saw, it goes a long way towards defanging Shenanigans by giving enough time for dedicated people to detective out lies/bamboozles.

So what you're saying is... Discord game?!!?!?

dictator on the clocktower iykwim