Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

alf_pogs posted:

i hate seeing number go up, but seeing morrison eat a poo poo sandwich for his awful messaging is almost worth it

Nah. I can't stand his smug lovely face, but I would rather he was doing a good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

freebooter posted:

Kinda weird that Victoria has exactly the same unhinged pro-Lib media but Andrews still managed to not only win, but win in a landslide. What was the deal with that? I was living overseas at the time.

The deal is that NSW is bad.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Amoeba102 posted:

NSW is bad.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Many people are saying

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

NSW Labor is in such a dire place and I can't imagine anyone who is of sound mind would ever get themselves involved. We're hosed.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

freebooter posted:

Kinda weird that Victoria has exactly the same unhinged pro-Lib media but Andrews still managed to not only win, but win in a landslide. What was the deal with that? I was living overseas at the time.

I dunno why the Vic libs are historically hated but last election they were big on ROAD. Just love that road.

E: road, CFA vs fire brigade, """traditional""" values

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jul 8, 2021

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

go_banana posted:

Numbers look... worsening for NSW. I reckon Federal LNP will announce some form of assistance to NSW and we will be in a proper lockdown by Monday, if not earlier. If they let it out of the bag like Hazzard suggests, they'll lose both Federal and State elections. Edit: This is on top of face masks being mandatory for those attending school next week, could be a big wake up call to the community when they get whiff their little loved ones are being affected.

I wonder what the LNP think about jobkeeper/increased jobseeker in hindsight. A panicked over reaction?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Honestly in hindsight NSW cops responding to calls for more stringent lockdown by sending mounted cops into typically diverse low income areas was predictable.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

abc posted:

Scott Morrison said as well as the asset test changes, the federal government was suspending the mutual obligation arrangements for people receiving welfare payments in the Greater Sydney area.

They hadn't already suspended mutual obligation arrangements???

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

morrisons giving medical advice again

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Eediot Jedi posted:

Suspended on the 28th of June according to a text I got last week, he's just trying to make it look like he's doing something

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Tommunist posted:

sending mounted cops into typically diverse low income areas was predictable.

Let me guess: The fancy suburbs in the north shore of Sydney are allowed to follow official state Government guidelines of: "Please think about wearing a mask while shopping for homewares pretty please"

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Eediot Jedi posted:

I dunno why the Vic libs are historically hated but last election they were big on ROAD. Just love that road.

E: road, CFA vs fire brigade, """traditional""" values

Conservative governments love roads because they let them do economic stimulus and infrastructure spending in a way that still let's all the people use it feel like rugged individuals that don't need no help from anyone.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Senor Tron posted:

Conservative governments love roads because they let them do economic stimulus and infrastructure spending in a way that still let's all the people use it feel like rugged individuals that don't need no help from anyone.

I was being dumb but I was referring to East-West link. Libs love that road so much they signed a deal two months before the election with hefty cancellation penalties.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Eediot Jedi posted:

I was being dumb but I was referring to East-West link. Libs love that road so much they signed a deal two months before the election with hefty cancellation penalties.

Yeah, see above.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tommunist posted:

Honestly in hindsight NSW cops responding to calls for more stringent lockdown by sending mounted cops into typically diverse low income areas was predictable.

Actually, or joke? I can't tell anymore.

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

Eediot Jedi posted:

Only during the actual, official “lockdown” parts of a lockdown.
Down here in Vic they dragged feet, then suspended them, then chucked them back on as soon as they could, regardless of the actual employment environment.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Senor Tron posted:

You’re reading way too much into it they love roads because they can pay the companies they’ll soon be directors of to build them

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Amoeba102 posted:

Actually, or joke? I can't tell anymore.

Actually. It's not a joke.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...covid-crackdown

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Thanks, I was hoping for a source. loving bullshit imo.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Kinda fuckin wild reading newscorp people wailing on Mark McGowan on twitter today.

Like how deep do the brainworms get with these people. I dislike labor almost as much as I dislike the libs. Neoliberal boorish cunts the lot of them. BUT, its hard to deny we've done pretty well considering over here compared to the "Gold Standard". And after its bruising last year, victoria is doing decently too.

But I gota say it. My venoms reserved for Scott Morison for scaring all the boomers about AstraZenica. A vaccine so safe its lterally safer than asprin *for people in the 'dangerous' demographic* (young women). And the lack of common sense in the govt means we've essentially delayed vaccination months as a result because the LNP literally has no strategy for any of this exept "Have media events with army mans".

gently caress I hate this country. I just want Canbera to be utterly beset with Covid , while RUpes, Gladys and gang are chained to a pole in town square for the covid vomit zombies to chew on, and leave the loving rest of us alone.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
NSW with 44 new cases and 29 of them roaming the community while infectious.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Oh NOW they restrict movement to 10km. Great job you muppets.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Tommunist posted:

a certain lib-voting dumbass in my family has already pinned the current wave on "those people with the big families who don't speak english", so this is all a deliberate and successful attempt to shift the blame off scummo onto the browns

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

fauna posted:

a certain lib-voting dumbass in my family has already pinned the current wave on "those people with the big families who don't speak english", so this is all a deliberate and successful attempt to shift the blame off scummo onto the browns

This was tried before when Peta Credlin tried to blame the South Sudanese community for one or other of the breakouts in Victoria a while back.

She got her arse roundly criticized for it, and was forced to make a public apology.

Doesn't mean it won't work this time though.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Periphery posted:

NSW with 44 new cases and 29 of them roaming the community while infectious.

But the Google movement data!

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

fauna posted:

Chris Bowen had some decent commentary today about the types of communities around Fairfield to try and avoid exactly this point. It came from Bondi and the inner West is now paying for it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07...post-1202027735

Last night over drinks I had a good whinge about how how the more mobile jobs or those that can't WFH are a) at higher risk of catching COVID and b) the jobs more likely to be lost due to COVID. You can't do much about how unfair that is but driving the stigma against people in those positions is a poo poo move.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Vic Govt's payment for people having to isolate due to being a close contact or waiting for a test result really helped to increase the testing rates for casuals. NSW hasn't put up anything similar have they?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Just had the first jab and imo we should open up the country

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Yeah I think this one's gotten away from us. We're going to be plague city and we will spread it to everyone. Gladys and the Prime Minister of Cronulla will embrace Nurgle-thought.

Not if the other states do their job and keep the borders shut into NSW. We're gonna need a good ol' fashioned Exterminatus if Nurgle is to blame for NSW.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do wonder if trying to go full Nurgle has the state leaders call up to say 'If you do that we're loving walling you off'.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tommunist posted:

Just had the first jab and imo we should open up the country

Not so fast Mister Morrison

https://www.theage.com.au/world/europe/one-jab-of-astrazeneca-pfizer-barely-inhibits-delta-variant-20210709-p58885.html

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Awww dang ok 6 more weeks

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do wonder if trying to go full Nurgle has the state leaders call up to say 'If you do that we're loving walling you off'.

McGowan already said WA would if NSW gave up controlling covid.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think we need to re-examine our strategy for NSW, instead of walling them out we should start walling them in. Border communities can hold a plebiscite to determine which side of the wall they end up on.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has urged Australians to get their second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine after two months instead of three.

As part of a pledge to send 300,000 extra vaccine doses to Sydney, the PM also said he was “encouraging” people in the city’s south-west to get their second dose of AstraZeneca after eight weeks.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Halo14 posted:

Oh NOW they restrict movement to 10km. Great job you muppets.

Only for exercise though, can't have people not going to work

Gotta think of the economy that they are doing nothing to support

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Remove all bridges from the Murray asap

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

E:wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Annex Southern NSW imo