Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

a star war betamax posted:

Last week my wife walked into a hut to greet some ladies in a village and finds a group of women holding a crying and naked four year old girl down with her legs spread open and one of the ladies is holding a razor blade because they were in the middle of performing a female circumsision and the ladies all look up casualy and wave and greet my wife.

But ah yes the white devil is the true villan of history

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

FGM exists so slavery doesn't look so bad now. Is that your point?

You know who talks about white guilt? White people. Why can't we just help the people who very obviously got hosed and are very obviously continuing to get hosed to this day? Why do we have to talk about how it makes white people feel bad? I know white feelings are the most important feelings but it has the appearance of being pretty selfish.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Uh the Great Race Space is that way------->

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

Uh the Great Race Space is that way------->

Who are you posting at?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Last week my wife walked into a hut to greet some ladies in a village and finds a group of women holding a crying and naked four year old girl down with her legs spread open and one of the ladies is holding a razor blade because they were in the middle of performing a female circumsision and the ladies all look up casualy and wave and greet my wife.

White people's sin was getting tech and civics advantages that let them do it on a bigger scale than others (though some pre industrials did it pretty good - islamic invaders killed almost 100 million indians over several centuries and sword of islam timur the lane killed 17 million in the 14th century - 5% of the world's population at any given time back then - gently caress me the world would suck if they'd gotten the kind of lead the West did).

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

...and the pitch! posted:

You know who talks about white guilt? White people. Why can't we just help the people who very obviously got hosed and are very obviously continuing to get hosed to this day? Why do we have to talk about how it makes white people feel bad? I know white feelings are the most important feelings but it has the appearance of being pretty selfish.

this is so insanely loaded and makes actual progress completely impossible hth

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Their other sin was growing serious consciences to tell them they were doing bad things and knock it off. Silly move from a Darwinian perspective imo.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Secular Humanist posted:

I don't understand why dealing with the issues caused be racism in the past being less important than the feelings of the one causing the oppression makes actual progress impossible. Maybe you could explain?

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
how about address people's need based on their individual circumstance and not assume that all people of skin color X are Y i dunno that's my wild and controversial new theory :shrug:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Secular Humanist posted:

You haven't actually said anything tho. Just that you don't like those words.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Neurosis posted:

White people's sin was getting tech and civics advantages that let them do it on a bigger scale than others (though some pre industrials did it pretty good - islamic invaders killed almost 100 million indians over several centuries and sword of islam timur the lane killed 17 million in the 14th century - 5% of the world's population at any given time back then - gently caress me the world would suck if they'd gotten the kind of lead the West did).

Nice.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Secular Humanist posted:

how about address people's need based on their individual circumstance and not assume that all people of skin color X are Y i dunno that's my wild and controversial new theory :shrug:

I'm not sure you understand what your talking about.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Secular Humanist posted:

Who is doing that thing about the skin color? I never said all white people for instance.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

You haven't actually said anything tho. Just that you don't like those words.

well poo poo man actually yes I said your dumb and flagrantly racist words are "loaded" im sorry you don't know what that means?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Secular Humanist posted:

well poo poo man actually yes I said your dumb and flagrantly racist words are "loaded" im sorry you don't know what that means?

You are reading something that isn't there friend. It seems like maybe you are bringing your own load to my words. I haven't made any generalizations about white people so you haven't caught me being fragrantly racist.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I'm glad whitey is dead.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

drilldo squirt posted:

"Black people are savages" *enslaves them*
"Black people are violent" *burns down a black town and then has a photo taken next to a dead guy they lynched*
- White people in the american south.

I'm pretty sure the us as a whole did that stuff.

Hell. New Yorkers lynched a couple hundred black folks over a weekend once.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Who are you posting at?

Eh, anyone in general. whomever

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Secular Humanist posted:

Let me try again although I don't believe you are willing to listen.

When the discussion of the effects of racism pops up in the US it is difficult to discuss the harm visited on black people and other minorities without some people of a certain group taking great offense as though the point is to make them feel bad. That discussion about how feelings get hurt becomes more important than the actual harm and injustices that continue to be done.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

spacetoaster posted:

I'm pretty sure the us as a whole did that stuff.

Hell. New Yorkers lynched a couple hundred black folks over a weekend once.

What? No way!

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Let me try again although I don't believe you are will listen.

When the discussion of the effects of racism pops up in the US it is difficult to discuss the harm visited on black people and other minorities without some people of a certain group taking great offense as though the point is to make them feel bad. That discussion about how feelings get hurt becomes more important than the actual harm and injustices that continue to be done.

He's not going to listen. You should just screw with them, it's a lot more fun and they will never not fall for anything ever.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

drilldo squirt posted:

What? No way!

Dude!!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

He's not going to listen. You should just screw with them, it's a lot more fun and they will never not fall for anything ever.

Yeah. You're right.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Cuts off the tip of dicks all day, every day.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Cuts off the tip of dicks all day, every day.

One is for better health, one is simply for mutilation.
:thunk:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

Better health.
Lol.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Jack Trades posted:

Better health.
Lol.

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/guide/circumcision#1-5 :eng101:

Odd that I cannot find anything on webMD about the benefits of genital mutilation.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=benefits+of+genital+mutilation

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 4, 2017

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

"Mastectomies reduce the risk of breast cancer."

Yeeeahhh, right.
Keep telling yourself that your parents did the right thing when they told the doctor to slice bits from your genitals.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

Fog Tripper posted:

Parents shouldn't make that desicion. If they want to mutilate their dicks when they grow up that's their choice. :colbert:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Fog Tripper posted:

Its true. I cut off my second dick. I mean, who actually needs two?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Please don't say that removal of the foreskin in male circumsision is equivalent to fgm that often involved slicing the clitorous off and cutting away the external labia and forcing the wound to heal up and scar together forming a tight drum like wall of scar tissue instead of a normal vaginally opening that has to be forcibly torn through during the woman's first intercourse and typically renders her incapable of experience g sexual pleasure

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I like that we are talking about genital mutilation now.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
What you think it's hosed the way black people have been treated? Well those islams perform female genital mutilation. -A normal person.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Gas this loving thread Jesus Chris

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Please don't say that removal of the foreskin in male circumsision is equivalent to fgm that often involved slicing the clitorous off and cutting away the external labia and forcing the wound to heal up and scar together forming a tight drum like wall of scar tissue instead of a normal vaginally opening that has to be forcibly torn through during the woman's first intercourse and typically renders her incapable of experience g sexual pleasure

All of zero people equated those two things.

Pallid Mask
Apr 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Daily reminder compulsory castration stopped being a thing centuries ago but fgm is still around because "its culture"

Reminder culture is just entertainment at its base level and isn't worthy of being protected, especially if it involves crippling another human.

"Hey you can't force feed that man thorazine"
"But its our culture!"
"Thats no excuse!"
"But weve been doing this for ten thousand years! Everybody knows if something has been around longer than 500 years it is to be respected no matter how stupid and harmful. Also we have a history of being dehumanized which is totally relevant."
"Well I cant argue with that! Carry on!"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Pallid Mask posted:

Daily reminder compulsory castration stopped being a thing centuries ago but fgm is still around because "its culture"

Reminder culture is just entertainment at its base level and isn't worthy of being protected, especially if it involves crippling another human.

"But its our culture!"
"Thats no excuse!"
"But weve been doing this for ten thousand years! Everybody knows if something has been around longer than 500 years it is to be respected no matter how stupid and harmful. Also we have a history of being dehumanized which is totally relevant."

Uh oh these are the same arguments I have been putting forth in the QCS Gbs fake posting thread :doh:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

lol if you spend any time at all thinking about this poo poo instead of just living your life and not being a dick to people around you.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Aug 4, 2017

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Pallid Mask posted:

"But its our culture!"
"Thats no excuse!"

I force feed men thorazine all the time and i resent the negative implication of the comparison you are making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

None of the people who perform fgm are forums posters, I'll tell you that much. A goon, touching a vagina? Never gonna happen.

• Locked thread