Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
It happened 100's of years ago. No one alive today in America was a slave, nor owned one..

And according to my alt-right statistics, only 1.6% of the population even owned slaves anyway, so what's the loving deal? Why keep bringing it up?

You don't see the Jews constantly bringing up WW2 or PSG fans after their 6-1 loss to Barca

My country was too busy being killed by the British so we didn't have slaves unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Because the effects of it are still felt in our culture.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
Because the civil war ended like 150 years ago, not 100's, and it wasn't until 100 years after that war ended that Blacks were granted fully "equal" rights yet they still aren't being treated as equals to this very day. hth

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
BOOTSTRAPS BOOTSSRAHSPS BOOTSHISSPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSS

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Wow, I never thought about it like that!
just goes to show you what listening to another perspectiv can do

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
if they don't like it they should return to Africa for a better life with their own people

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
inb4 someone on QCS makes a GBS is racist thread

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
The Romans had the best slave system. None of this racism poo poo. You lost the war ? Get to work then !

The strong rule, the weak obey !

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

They're angry they didn't get to do it first!! In fact, they still want to do it and are working to make it so now!!! Hope you enjoy hand-mixing vats of coca cola for the rest of your lives, motherfuckers!!! *falls down and convulses*

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

My country was too busy being killed by the British so we didn't have slaves unfortunately

The British were killing your country many years ago, perhaps you should just get over it

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

You don't see the Jews constantly bringing up WW2..

Huh?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
black americans are the 15th wealthiest nation on the planet. I'm sure that doesn't look as good in comparison because they live in America and have to see mega billionaires, but that pretty frigging good.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My therapist says that moving on is healthy

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Black people in the south were granted the right to vote in 1965. Think about that for a minute or two.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

jet sanchEz posted:

Black people in the south were granted the right to vote in 1965. Think about that for a minute or two.

They've been voting longer than I've been alive!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

My country was brutalized, conquered and occupied by Americans and Russians for over 50 years. But I don't complain about it.

(Except here and now. But nowhere else and no other time!)

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
It's pretty demeaning when you think about it. Even if you're born free now in America you still have to live with the realization that your ancestors allowed themselves to be corralled like sheep for 100's of years :(

It would make anyone angry

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
4/10 troll, but that's a record high for GBS these days.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

You don't see the Jews constantly bringing up WW2 or PSG fans after their 6-1 loss to Barca

Yes Jews always bring up ww2 and I assume your second thing is some form of sports thing and sports fans LOVE to bring up sports poo poo.

Also slavery was really bad and being foreign isn't an excuse for not knowing that, Rolling Stones are British and they wrote a song about it. Look up the photo of the slave with whip marks all over his back, it isn't nice.

Who What Now posted:

4/10 troll, but that's a record high for GBS these days.

Yeah I probably put too much effort into my post oh well

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Slavery wasn't THAT bad. Some slave owners were good people and treated slaves well. - A White Person

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Thin Privilege posted:

Yes Jews always bring up ww2 and I assume your second thing is some form of sports thing and sports fans LOVE to bring up sports poo poo.

Also slavery was really bad and being foreign isn't an excuse for not knowing that, Rolling Stones are British and they wrote a song about it. Look up the photo of the slave with whip marks all over his back, it isn't nice.

Yeah I probably put too much effort into my post oh well
Wow, you have a very different reading of "brown sugar" than I do.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Rutibex posted:

black americans are the 15th wealthiest nation on the planet. I'm sure that doesn't look as good in comparison because they live in America and have to see mega billionaires, but that pretty frigging good.

But what if you cut out shoe contracts?

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
none of the black people i know even complain about slavery. i think its like the latinx thing at this point where only internet crazies and people who make money complaining about stuff really care :shrug:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

Also slavery was really bad and being foreign isn't an excuse for not knowing that, Rolling Stones are British and they wrote a song about it.

Being low class is no excuse either, Britney Spears is white trash and she wrote a song about it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

They can't just "get over it". Just like the Irish and Italians are still suffering in this country.

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
oh i guess in an argument or something people will bring up the point of slavery but i don't think they legitimately think they'll ever get reparations or whatever, it's pretty much the only thing a black person has on a white guy when they get into a heated racial argument. im glad to not be involved on either side but i generally agree with the kill whitey sentiment.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

my ancestors were living in real life mordor and forced into quasi slavery in workhouses, where are my reparations at?:smuggo:

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
because there are still grandmothers who remember what it was like

also my greatgrandfather owned slaves in java so :shrug:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
it's cool. i got over it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

rezatahs posted:

it's cool. i got over it.

How long were you a slave?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

OMFG FURRY posted:

because there are still grandmothers who remember what it was like

also my greatgrandfather owned slaves in java so :shrug:

Writing scripts for virtual slaves is not the same as the real thing man.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

spacetoaster posted:

12 years would definitely be the right answer.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

spacetoaster posted:

long enough to know better, but too short to care

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Multilake posted:

12 years would definitely be the right answer.

rezatahs posted:

long enough to know better, but too short to care

Trick Question! Capitalism makes slaves out of all of us!

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Why was 12 years even that big of a deal? I went to public school for 12 years

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Terrific Accident posted:

Why was 12 years even that big of a deal? I went to public school for 12 years

Did you ever get past 3rd grade?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

would you rather spend 12 years as a slave or 12 years as a slav?

it's tough

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'd much rather have been brought to America in chains than see my descendants have their tits chopped off by child soldiers in the congo or wherever. So many opportunities for black people in America!! Basketball, rap, being President, etc.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Whorelord posted:

would you rather spend 12 years as a slave or 12 years as a slav?

it's tough

heh gross to both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

because we never got rid of slavery, its now called the war on drugs and the prison system

• Locked thread