Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

There is a tablet option I keep meaning to try. Don't know how well it'll work but we'll see.

I tried using it on my phone but it's not a very satisfying experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

rantmo posted:

That's a thing that happens for reasons sometimes. Switch it to a different email and then back to the one you want.

This didn't help, so I guess I'll submit a support ticket. Thanks for the help, guys.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bilirubin posted:

I agree am loving KotET and also love stomping on skytroopers with my giant metal feet

It's janky unresponsive boring tedious poo poo and I hate every time they force me in a walker.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

insideoutside posted:

Sorry for the double post but I have a technical question. Last night when I was playing I was getting some weird stuttering when walking - my fps stays right up around 60 the vast majority of the time, only dropping a couple fps here and there, but I still get this weird, small choppiness with the landscape when moving. After googling I see that some people are calling this "micro stutter" when there is stuttering without fps loss. My system should be just fine to run this game (6th gen i7, 16gb ddr4 ram, gtx970, ssd) and even when lowering settings from ultra down to lower settings the stutter is present. The only thing that helps a bit is to turn off shadows but I am not about to play a game with no shadows when I know my computer is able to and it looks like rear end without them. I need to run through some of the suggestions I read about (run windows xp sp3 compatibility mode, change farclip setting in the settings file, run a memory cleaner...) tonight after my kid goes to sleep, but does anyone here have any advice?

I noticed the same thing. Try turning down the shadowmap resolution slider. Mine was maxed out (I think it goes up to like 4096?) and made the game janky as gently caress, but when I dropped it to about halfway everything was perfect and stable. I tried the same thing with turning shadows off entirely at first too so this should do the trick.

Also, is there anyone that can craft 45B Lethal mods? I'm not seeing any up on the exchange. If so, gimme a price (if it's 100-200k) or mat cost and I'll send it your way. I think I need 9 of them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sassassin posted:

It's janky unresponsive boring tedious poo poo and I hate every time they force me in a walker.

But enough about your posts.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hakarne posted:

I noticed the same thing. Try turning down the shadowmap resolution slider. Mine was maxed out (I think it goes up to like 4096?) and made the game janky as gently caress, but when I dropped it to about halfway everything was perfect and stable. I tried the same thing with turning shadows off entirely at first too so this should do the trick.

Also, is there anyone that can craft 45B Lethal mods? I'm not seeing any up on the exchange. If so, gimme a price (if it's 100-200k) or mat cost and I'll send it your way. I think I need 9 of them.

You don't want Lethal Mod 45Bs, unless you're building a PvP DPS Tank build. They are heavy endurance and low mastery/power. If you're a healer or DPS you want unlettered.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Medullah posted:

You don't want Lethal Mod 45Bs, unless you're building a PvP DPS Tank build. They are heavy endurance and low mastery/power. If you're a healer or DPS you want unlettered.

Good sir, that is exactly what I am doing. :smug:

:black101:

Edit: PvP tanking on my assassin is one of my favorite things to do in this game, which really surprised me since I don't usually tank or PvP much in MMO's. But "stealth tank" is ridiculously fun and a huge boost to a team, although few people realize or acknowledge how useful it is based on MVP vote spreads. God drat healers. :argh: (Just kidding, healers are a tanks best friend and I love you guys. I'm just jealous that tanks don't get the same kind of recognition in PvP :()

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 30, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hakarne posted:

Good sir, that is exactly what I am doing. :smug:

:black101:

Edit: PvP tanking on my assassin is one of my favorite things to do in this game, which really surprised me since I don't usually tank or PvP much in MMO's. But "stealth tank" is ridiculously fun and a huge boost to a team, although few people realize or acknowledge how useful it is based on MVP vote spreads. God drat healers. :argh: (Just kidding, healers are a tanks best friend and I love you guys. I'm just jealous that tanks don't get the same kind of recognition in PvP :()

I can make you whatever 228 mods or enhancements you need on JC, just would need of the slicing grade 10 purple mat per item (Signal Disruptor).

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Figured I'd ask here since all my searching on Tor Fashion's turned up nothing, but is the armor the Sons of Palawa wear on Tatooine available as a gear look? Best I was able to find was some armors have really vague similarities to some parts of it, but I couldn't even find anything that was just a reskin/recolor.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The choose who lives and who dies choice wasn't nearly this lazy when they did it in Mass Effect 1

Not only do I have a spare companion following me, I passed two more 10 seconds ago in the walker. Send some of them to help Vette, christ.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

M_Sinistrari posted:

Figured I'd ask here since all my searching on Tor Fashion's turned up nothing, but is the armor the Sons of Palawa wear on Tatooine available as a gear look? Best I was able to find was some armors have really vague similarities to some parts of it, but I couldn't even find anything that was just a reskin/recolor.

I googled it a while back and it didn't sound like it was available.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Do you think they'll add more playable races eventually, or are they done with that now?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

sassassin posted:

The choose who lives and who dies choice wasn't nearly this lazy when they did it in Mass Effect 1

Not only do I have a spare companion following me, I passed two more 10 seconds ago in the walker. Send some of them to help Vette, christ.

I liked the choice in this game because they made it between two that I could not have cared any less about on every character I played. Should have been a third option for both of them.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
They sure love their dumb speeches don't they.

My kingdom (empire) for a [remain silent] option.

If there's one thing I love more than being forced to walk wide-eyed stupid into obvious traps it's final boss battles with brand new mechanics to deal with.

Also animations with no concern for how ridiculous they'll look when equipped with a double-bladed lightsaber. Ouch.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I googled "sons of palawa" to see if I could help and I can't but I have my own question

Are there any player armors you can wear that have the neck/shoulder scarf thingy that the guy on the left is wearing? Not looking for this armor specifically, just any that have the scarf. It would look rad on an operative.

Bonus hello beautiful :wink:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The chestpiece I just got for finishing KOTET as a consular has that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The two I know off hand are

Drifter: http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/drifter/

and

Black Vulkar Swooper: http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/black-vulkar-swooper/ The little skirt is part of the chestpiece though, which is annoying.

And Zayne Carrick has a double shoulder cloak thing going on: http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/zayne-carrick/

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 31, 2016

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
This is my Merc...Underworld Trooper Chestpiece. Probably not what you're looking for though.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Ainsley McTree posted:

I googled "sons of palawa" to see if I could help and I can't but I have my own question

Are there any player armors you can wear that have the neck/shoulder scarf thingy that the guy on the left is wearing? Not looking for this armor specifically, just any that have the scarf. It would look rad on an operative.

Bonus hello beautiful :wink:

Maybe the Huttsbane chest

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

sassassin posted:

:gitgud:

eta:
My Dromund Kaas Life Day decor. Its a Charlie Brown Life Day! Festive Tauntaun joins fat happy snowball guy to celebrate around the Charlie Brown tree from Ziost (also doubles as a Festivus pole).

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 31, 2016

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Medullah posted:

I can make you whatever 228 mods or enhancements you need on JC, just would need of the slicing grade 10 purple mat per item (Signal Disruptor).

Awesome thanks. This your in-game name too?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's a loaded question.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

If KOTFE's gameplay is boring me to death will making it Veteran make it more interesting or just make it take longer

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
Man Shadow of Revan ends on such a down note. I also couldn't start KOTFE from the ship mission console like it wanted me to, I had to launch it from the chapters dialogue. Which makes me think I missed a dialogue with Darth Marr that kind of annoys me. I also accidentally skipped the intro cinematic like an idiot, will have to go back and watch that.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

How much should I sell an eternal command hypercrate for? I was thinking roughly 40 million since there isn't one up. Is that low/high?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hakarne posted:

Awesome thanks. This your in-game name too?

A man has many names. Assuming you're on Jedi Covenant send your mats and requests to Antenille.

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Man Shadow of Revan ends on such a down note. I also couldn't start KOTFE from the ship mission console like it wanted me to, I had to launch it from the chapters dialogue. Which makes me think I missed a dialogue with Darth Marr that kind of annoys me. I also accidentally skipped the intro cinematic like an idiot, will have to go back and watch that.

Did you do Ziost? That's pretty crucial to KOTFE.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
That scarf model was also on some Taris heroic, orange piece but I can't remember what its name was and it could easily be gone in the massive revamp BW had.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

StashAugustine posted:

If KOTFE's gameplay is boring me to death will making it Veteran make it more interesting or just make it take longer

Just longer.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ossipago posted:

Just longer.

Or much, much shorter if the game decides your default difficulty is veteran without telling you.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Bilirubin posted:

:gitgud:

eta:
My Dromund Kaas Life Day decor. Its a Charlie Brown Life Day! Festive Tauntaun joins fat happy snowball guy to celebrate around the Charlie Brown tree from Ziost (also doubles as a Festivus pole).

Cool, added to the list.

Aleth posted:

Just a reminder:

:sassargh: STRONGHOLD CHRISTMAS PARTY :sassargh:

Get the Dromund Kaas apartment stronghold if you haven't already got it for a whopping 5k* credits and decorate the crap out of the initial entrance room in whatever manner you so desire to celebrate the time of the year which it currently is. Christmas or whatever.

The rules:
1) Initial DK apartment entrance room is the only room we're using
2) 100 decoration limit (which is the amount the room unlocks with)

Deadline: 7th January 2017

Judging will probably be Medullah and myself, unless anyone else wants to help pick winners.

Prizes: Nonentity's fabulous new Unstable Peacemaker's lightsabers plus other goodies from the vault.

*Apparently on sale at the moment for a measly 5 credits.

Current entries:

Dely Apple
Dalris Othaine
M_Sinistrari
Bilirubin

The rest of you slackers have a week left to get something together.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

The only difference between Story and Veteran is how much damage the mobs do and it's not trivial.

Basic attacks from Standard mobs do 25-40k when most people have less than 100k HP.

Not to bad with a comp (I did them all in 208 PvP gear) but there are quite a few times you don't have a comp especially in KotFE. Those times it was all my DCD's and LoS just to survive the 3 Skytrooper pack.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Medullah posted:

A man has many names. Assuming you're on Jedi Covenant send your mats and requests to Antenille.

Did you do Ziost? That's pretty crucial to KOTFE.

Yeah, the thing with the planet was the downer I was talking about.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
I'm trying hard to get into this but it just feels really slow. Maybe it is because I am doing flashpoints solo and it goes quicker with groups, maybe because it is playing a guardian (haven't tried any other classes). I'll keep going and see if it gets better but I also got eso and the combat there is much more satisfying so I don't know. I wish this game had combat like Jedi Knight: Outcast or Jedi Academy...slowly whittling down bosses over 5 minutes with a light saber feels wrong and not satisfying.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Agent ch 3 spoilers:

I feel really bad about getting that undercover Chiss agent killed, but I think loving the brains out of his fake blue son made it better? That's how karma works, right?

Unrelated: is Republic Corellia any better than the imp version? I spent way too long doing daily quests there on my BH back in the day and it rubs me the wrong way.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

For real question: Is there something wrong with this expansion? There's only 4 people in the guild on a Saturday afternoon and I've had a hypercrate up for sale for a day with no buyers. Did BW mess something up that's keeping everyone away? This game felt a lot more active after KOTFE release.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

insideoutside posted:

I'm trying hard to get into this but it just feels really slow. Maybe it is because I am doing flashpoints solo and it goes quicker with groups, maybe because it is playing a guardian (haven't tried any other classes). I'll keep going and see if it gets better but I also got eso and the combat there is much more satisfying so I don't know. I wish this game had combat like Jedi Knight: Outcast or Jedi Academy...slowly whittling down bosses over 5 minutes with a light saber feels wrong and not satisfying.

Don't do flashpoints.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
I was reading on the official forum and saw a few threads about people quitting in droves. Mostly stuff about being able to do the expansion in one night and then having no reason to play until the next expansion.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Just speaking for myself, but I was already questioning the time I spend on this game after the DvL grind, starting to feel like the 40 hours or so it took to get the eternal or whatever level it was would have been better spent on playing some of my Steam backlog. And then I got annoyed at the walker section of the first KOTET mission and realized I was burnt out so I unsubbed. Maybe if DvL hadn't just happened I would feel differently. Still log in every couple weeks for a few minutes, but haven't finished KOTET and it's going to be a while before I feel like doing so.

That's the benefit of the game being free though, I can come and go as I please so I never really quit altogether. In that regard BW is doing something right.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

insideoutside posted:

I was reading on the official forum and saw a few threads about people quitting in droves. Mostly stuff about being able to do the expansion in one night and then having no reason to play until the next expansion.

This was exactly what people said about the previous expansion but it clearly worked for Bioware so I don't reckon they'll be changing the formula. They have implied that they will be adding new raid content in the spring, but I won't hold my breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There are "Last straw, I'm leaving!" topics on the official forums for when they fix a bug, or change the color of a background object.

• Locked thread