Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
You know, these forums and internet space ship guilds are by definition as close to free association communities as you can get.

I know I'm continuing to beat the proverbial dead horse here, but if anyone has such strong feelings about other people in this thread, on the forums, or in internet pixel space ships they feel a need to continuously hate and rage post, then maybe step the gently caress away for a while and go do something you actually enjoy with people you actually like?

I think the real problem may be that for some of the people doing the hate/rage posting, this is their definition of doing something they enjoy with people they like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

ClCADA posted:

What flavour Soda Pop?

Just lame-rear end 7Up b/c someone decided to commit on the inferior lemony lime refreshments.

I was going hard on Barg's Rootbeer... but then one sunny summery pool day, a couple months back or so, I accidentally ruined the foreseeable future that included Barg's along with it, and read the Nutrition Facts on the can:

I became a practicing follower within the Church of Bluebeam Revu about 2 years back and will use it any
opportunity I can, no ragrets.

In summary: ~12-13% of each can is pure sugar.

I use to drink these all the time and poopsock EVE for hours upon hours, what a dangerous mix now that I think about it.

Anyone got a collection of fits for this EVE Winter festivity thing? I think someone posted a couple fits yesterpage but was too busy carefully traversing the previous pages' brain-deteriorating post mine fields.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Furnok Dorn posted:

bills the only person on the planet who managed to load bullets backwards into a gun and still shoot himself in the foot with it

no no no, it was intentional - I was curious how much higher my pain tolerance had become after reading your posts.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Bigbillthaboss posted:

no no no, it was intentional - I was curious how much higher my pain tolerance had become after reading your posts.

bill i understand that the invention of t9 predictive text was the only way you're able to put letters in the right order but claiming you can read is a bit much

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

ZombieLenin posted:

You know, these forums and internet space ship guilds are by definition as close to free association communities as you can get.

I know I'm continuing to beat the proverbial dead horse here, but if anyone has such strong feelings about other people in this thread, on the forums, or in internet pixel space ships they feel a need to continuously hate and rage post, then maybe step the gently caress away for a while and go do something you actually enjoy with people you actually like?

I think the real problem may be that for some of the people doing the hate/rage posting, this is their definition of doing something they enjoy with people they like.

i know i'm continuing to beat on the guy who's beating the proverbial dead horse here, but if you have such strong feelings about other people in this thread, on the forums, or in internet pixel space ships you feel a need to give us sermons about our posting, then maybe step the gently caress away for a little while and go do something you actually enjoy with people you actually like?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

ZombieLenin posted:

My brother in Christ, you are posting to whine about the fact that posters are whining about posters

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Quote is not edit :(

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Imagine this post was hello.jpg

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.
I am going to tell you about some FUN EVE ONLINE ADVENTURES I had in EVE ONLINE tonight!

We, Amok., are hanging out in Pochven shooting people. It's a nice time. On day one (yesterday!) of our triangle adventures, we had a run-in with a blue triangle-themed squad, which was fun but is an ongoing investigation and I couldn't possibly comment on how incredibly loving stupid it is. Anyway. Today, we have created another diplomatic incident, it seems.

Oh no! This goes on for a while.

And on.

No standings to FishDicks, Jerry!

We were having a good laugh in Discord about it and I was like oh my loving god he's never gonna shut up? What's gonna make this dude go away? Ah, yes. Tell him to evemail Atrum. Atrum loves getting evemailed about anything at all.

And lo! about half an hour later, I hear Atrum go "God dammit" in Mumble.

So, naturally, Atrum responds to the evemail.

twigplant fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 6, 2023

ClCADA
Nov 16, 2023

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Just lame-rear end 7Up b/c someone decided to commit on the inferior lemony lime refreshments.

I was going hard on Barg's Rootbeer... but then one sunny summery pool day, a couple months back or so, I accidentally ruined the foreseeable future that included Barg's along with it, and read the Nutrition Facts on the can:

I became a practicing follower within the Church of Bluebeam Revu about 2 years back and will use it any
opportunity I can, no ragrets.

In summary: ~12-13% of each can is pure sugar.

I use to drink these all the time and poopsock EVE for hours upon hours, what a dangerous mix now that I think about it.

Anyone got a collection of fits for this EVE Winter festivity thing? I think someone posted a couple fits yesterpage but was too busy carefully traversing the previous pages' brain-deteriorating post mine fields.

Can’t say I’ve tried Barg’s Root Beer. I would try it though. I’m not even sure what is in this that I’m drinking

IronZergling6
Apr 7, 2022
grew up with Barq’s Root Beer, its my favorite

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Quote is not edit :(

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Imagine this post was hello.jpg

löoôl

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

IronZergling6 posted:

grew up with Barq’s Root Beer, its my favorite

More like Barf Buttbeer, amiright?😬

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

Captain Melo posted:

Friendly reminder that this website exists.

https://ashyin.space/jukebox.html

I am so pinning that tab to my firefox.

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

Furnok Dorn posted:

imagine thinking anybody is in charge of this amoebic collection of hooting imbeciles

I mean that's EVE in general isn't it, GSF or otherwise

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

Saithir posted:

It has been 0 weeks since the last implosion

Every EVE thread on every forum on the whole internets since 2003.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Furnok Dorn posted:

bills the only person on the planet who managed to load bullets backwards into a gun and still shoot himself in the foot with it

Must have been one of those scary bullpups. Too confusing to issue to the average Joe.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Furnok Dorn posted:

bill i understand that the invention of t9 predictive text was the only way you're able to put letters in the right order but claiming you can read is a bit much

Furn... I don't need to be literate to know what is already known by the knowers of known things, sir.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

grumplestiltzkin posted:

My brother in Christ, you are posting to whine about the fact that posters are whining about posters

I've always found these types of posts particularly ironic yet entertaining due to the author's complete & absolute lack of awareness.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

ClCADA posted:

Can’t say I’ve tried Barg’s Root Beer. I would try it though. I’m not even sure what is in this that I’m drinking

(A picture of some kind of can)

What I do know is that there is way too much poo poo going on with the can's illustrations... the characters literally look like methed-up love children between the M&M characters and angry birds that were abandoned and forgotten about.

I think...

...hmmmmm...

I think this EVE thread deserves a good narrative behind those characters, some backstory and character development, someone else has to start it thought I can't self-fulfill my own idea or it looks like self-felatio. Caveat - has to be EVE related though or else one of those mod peoples will come in and gently caress it all up b/c they weren't born with the human characteristic trait(s) of joy & humor.

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

ZombieLenin posted:

So, instead of coming and posting this crap you should take your own advice and tell us some interesting things about Eve Online, like for example how to effectively get more isk from the 1DQ market.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Tomorrow it's FPS time in EVE-Land

Anybody excited for the Beta?

My plans for tomorrow evening:

1) Marvelling at how many bugs CCP managed to cram into this thing
2) Grabbing a laser rifle and then try to die in as many stupid ways as possible

Vanguard awaits you (if you have an Omega-account)!

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Project Awakening is also launching apparently if people managed to get into that crypto/Blockchain weird arse game test.
Strange that they're both at the same time, no?

ClCADA
Nov 16, 2023

Bigbillthaboss posted:

What I do know is that there is way too much poo poo going on with the can's illustrations... the characters literally look like methed-up love children between the M&M characters and angry birds that were abandoned and forgotten about.

I think...

...hmmmmm...

I think this EVE thread deserves a good narrative behind those characters, some backstory and character development, someone else has to start it thought I can't self-fulfill my own idea or it looks like self-felatio. Caveat - has to be EVE related though or else one of those mod peoples will come in and gently caress it all up b/c they weren't born with the human characteristic trait(s) of joy & humor.

In the grim corners of Eve, the Berry Bombs, enticed by the forbidden allure of "Old Grandpa's Cough Syrup," found themselves on a treacherous path. The elixir, stolen by the infamous Jay Amazing, took a dark turn, leading them into the murky depths of Eve Online's shadowy underbelly.
As the Berry Bombs delved deeper, the once whimsical pubbies became ensnared in a web of vice, creating “Meth in a Can”, a potent energy drink from the stolen syrup. Jay Amazing's cunning maneuvers led them down a sinister route of sex, drugs, and slavery. Fuelled by Old Grandpas Cough Syrup with the delicious flavour of Berries and Meth, and the cold glow of their dilated pupils, the Berry Bombs embraced a life of darkness, their digital escapade transforming into a cautionary tale of the perils that lurk in the unseen corners of Eve, where no matter how much you trust the friends around you, any player can turn and take a dark path after drinking from old grandpas cough syrup.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Now do it again, without ChatGPT.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Project Awakening is also launching apparently if people managed to get into that crypto/Blockchain weird arse game test.

Board game and mobile 4X is on the way as well.

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

This should tell you everything you need to know about that project, its game test and its chances to actually be anything more than a web based dashboard for your new crypto tokens.

The dragon looks kinda neat, though.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
i have good memories of goonfleet. i remember when we were living in syndicate and we used to run the 10/10 complex with a bunch of anzacs. we'd have to race the russians to the complex right after downtime and then get the loot home safely. i remember when the russians stashed a cloaked fleet on the acceleration gate to get into the complex and engaged us after half the fleet activated the gate, killing all of us. really good times and paid very well to boot!

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Saithir posted:

So, instead of coming and posting this crap you should take your own advice and tell us some interesting things about Eve Online, like for example how to effectively get more isk from the 1DQ market.

The market in EVE Online is controlled by a small group of people, if he's not part of the insider knowledge group, he won't be able to give you good information. In essence, progressively the message emanating from Goon financial experts is that until there is reliable long-term evidence that the benefits of market transitions outweigh the risks, it is prudent to limit most financial interventions to rigorous financial research settings.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Furnok Dorn posted:

heh

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Saithir posted:

This should tell you everything you need to know about that project, its game test and its chances to actually be anything more than a web based dashboard for your new crypto tokens.

The dragon looks kinda neat, though.

Oh. Based on the OP mentioning Vanguard and this in the same breath, I expected another SF-shooter, not some weird Crypto-Skyrim

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

Libluini posted:

Oh. Based on the OP mentioning Vanguard and this in the same breath, I expected another SF-shooter, not some weird Crypto-Skyrim

No, it's even better than that.

They just picked a name that this skyrim looking game already had back in like 2018, so every time you search for it you get the fantasy game which apparently people were kinda excited that it's still being developed, sprinkled with like a few news articles about the CCP crypto game here and there.

10/10 Crowd Control Productions expectations

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ZombieLenin posted:

Are you really not going to tell us the story about getting kicked out for re-listing?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Saithir posted:

No, it's even better than that.

They just picked a name that this skyrim looking game already had back in like 2018, so every time you search for it you get the fantasy game which apparently people were kinda excited that it's still being developed, sprinkled with like a few news articles about the CCP crypto game here and there.

10/10 Crowd Control Productions expectations

They should have gone with something like DUST 666, imho. It's not like this is serious SF, after all. :v:

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

Libluini posted:

They should have gone with something like DUST 666, imho. It's not like this is serious SF, after all. :v:

They probably considered it, then thought people might get it confused with the latest DOOM games.

Yaknow, because id software can't come up with anything original since RAGE and have to keep rehashing the same game they first trotted out in 1993.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

ZombieLenin posted:

"I don't enjoy Posting, but when done righteously, it's a chore like any other. And practiced hands make for quick labor."

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

imperiusdamian posted:

Yaknow, because id software can't come up with anything original since RAGE and have to keep rehashing the same game they first trotted out in 1993.

are you implying that doom 2016/eternal didn't gently caress

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

imperiusdamian posted:

They probably considered it, then thought people might get it confused with the latest DOOM games.

:chloe:

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
i love forgetting to bring the heavy water i need to my system to make fuel blocks for industry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
The GEZ to HDUMP station renaming is pretty nice.

Is this really a wild take?