Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Haha, eat it nerds, I'm not in the top 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
If I can't pick a foil tarmogoyf then why the gently caress do we even have "Freedom of Speach" then? Huh??

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

If Death challenged me to a vintage draft in a wizard poker take on The Seventh Seal, I'm raredrafing like a fukker and gently caress it it'll be part of my estate.

Better yet bury me with it

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

If Death challenged me to a vintage draft in a wizard poker take on The Seventh Seal, I'm raredrafing like a fukker and gently caress it it'll be part of my estate.

Better yet bury me with it

Joke's on you, Drafts with Death have rare re-drafting.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Anybody playing this pile? This guy is leading in trophies with this deck on mtgo.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/843951#paper

Sickening fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 5, 2017

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Hellsau posted:

Could you imagine being a big enough nerd that you'd post hundreds of times about a children's card game on a forum that you paid :10bux: to post on? I mean ha ha ha that'd be so embarassing.

We could really use some Black POTUS or Lottery of Babylon posts right now.

Oh dear I am on the list

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Angry Mob gets pumped by swamps rather than non-white creatures, though honestly the version you are remembering seems like a better flavor fit.

Damnit I couldn't recall if it cared about how Black your opponent was or if it cared how many black creatures your opponent controlled.

Though I guess the actual card makes more sense from this angle.

Dark humor!

Damnit.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

Could you imagine being a big enough nerd that you'd post hundreds of times about a children's card game on a forum that you paid :10bux: to post on? I mean ha ha ha that'd be so embarassing.

We could really use some Black POTUS or Lottery of Babylon posts right now.

Lol. We need something that sums up your posts over all the old threads too. I don't want to think what I'm up to.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

PJOmega posted:

Dark humor!

In more ways than one!

:v: :v: :v:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

black potus posted:

Martin Luther King, Jr. would have fought for the civil rights of red players if he saw how Wizards of the Coast discriminated against them by printing snap caster mage in blue.

black potus posted:

Sure they may have chased Sprankle out for being a woman, but let me tell you why the real exclusionary behavior in Magic: the Gathering is some net decking rear end in a top hat casting a counterspell on my cool dinosaur cards.

black potus posted:

If I can't pick a foil tarmogoyf then why the gently caress do we even have "Freedom of Speach" then? Huh??

there it is now where is LoB

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Sickening posted:

Anybody playing this pile? This guy is leading in trophies with this deck on mtgo.

It is just a Mardu Tokens build with Reveler. Seems strange to have no push.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

ShaneB posted:

Oh dear I am on the list

That was my exact thought when I saw my name too

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
What is it with Wizards and anything digital? https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/938135895697510403

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah... maybe they should start sending out paper copies of old school RPG dice tables for Urza Headmaster. :ohdear:

Cactrot posted:

*clutching my chest* bury me... with the purelace then i guess

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 6, 2017

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Cactrot posted:

An under appreciated Twilight Zone episode.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

*clutching my chest* bury me... with the purelace then i guess

Death would absolutely use his first pick raredraft on Deathlace, I mean look at this art it's metal as gently caress:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

A late pick I'd keep to side in to protect my Craw Wurm if I were seeing a lot of Terrors from my opponent.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

I keep seeing it too, I'm tempted to build it because I have everything but the Cliffs. Also I want to cast Lightning Helix on stuff even though it's only a 2-of here.

Typhus733
Aug 30, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I keep seeing it too, I'm tempted to build it because I have everything but the Cliffs. Also I want to cast Lightning Helix on stuff even though it's only a 2-of here.

I've been playing Mardudes for a few years now and it's a pretty great list. You can go wide, go tall, play like a rock deck, play like a burn deck, and otherwise just sorta steal games. It also has a hilariously good match up against affinity (and infect now that it's getting back en vogue) if you see a lot of that.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

there it is now where is LoB

I think he's dead mate, I think the sjws got him.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Remember those videos/talks about fraudulent sellers selling boxes of cards for the cheap by ordering them second hand from TCGplayer and bilking the merchant by either using fake/stolen credit cards and claiming a return from TCGplayer?

Just ran into that getting a couple expeditions off eBay. So, yeah. Watch your purchases.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Which poster is the one that keeps calling the ftv dryad arbor bullshit?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Sickening posted:

The one with the eyeballs.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How the actual gently caress am I in the top 20 posters in this thread?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I didn't expect to be in the top anything. Meh, whatever.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Arena literally does not have a monetization strategy atm and they’re hiring randomly to find one

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
something something but with a wimper

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

born on a buy you posted:

Arena literally does not have a monetization strategy atm and they’re hiring randomly to find one

lol

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well you see, their number one hiring criteria is "do you love magic?" so that they can pay you 40% of what any other job you could get in Redmond with those skills that you would need to be "competent" at "coding stuff."

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Typhus733 posted:

I've been playing Mardudes for a few years now and it's a pretty great list. You can go wide, go tall, play like a rock deck, play like a burn deck, and otherwise just sorta steal games. It also has a hilariously good match up against affinity (and infect now that it's getting back en vogue) if you see a lot of that.

Hmm, well I hate Infect and there's this one dude here who sometimes plays Affinity and I can never beat on that deck. I have a Mardu control-y build I want to try but if that doesn't work then I'll def give this a shot.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

born on a buy you posted:

Well in order to compete in the digital market it will need to be 4x more generous f2p than hearthstone otherwise forgot about bringing new players to magic

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

new players dont have any reason to play hearthstone either and i am wondering what the long term impact of that is going to be. of course with hearthstone you can buy your way into the game for well under $200 which isnt exactly f2p friendly but is absurdly cheap in comparison to mtg.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just play TreasureMap.dec, all of 10 bucks, and you occasionally beat people.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Include a gacha, have different versions of your waifu chandra/liliana that you can find, and have those waifus on the main screen.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am willing to bet they're all standing around struggling to imagine how they could not charge four dollars for a pack of digital cards and cant figure out what other alternative there could be

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
If I saw that foil goyf I would have picked it and windmill slammed it into my pool hard enough to split the table in half all while flipping off literally everyone who felt the need to whine about it.

At the same time Sprankle's harassment was disgusting and attempting to equivocate the two incidents is supremely lovely.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Sickening posted:

Me but I think I mentioned that once? It shouldn't be allowed in tournaments because it's simply too stupid to have a card deliberately designed to look like another card. Like if someone has these forests out:

and sitting back with their Overgrown Tombs and whatnot I'd prefer to not have to, every game, specifically inspect my opponent's basic lands to double check their card names to see what creatures they have.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I can see where someone could play that in a lovely, misleading way; or in a forthright, cool guy way.

Reminds me of this one guy who shows up for our Standard Showdowns sleeves his deck in sleeves that are tinted to the point where the cards are unreadable without picking them up and holding them a foot from your face, and it really annoys the poo poo out of me. Seriously, the fuckers are at least 75% tinted; if his sleeves were a LeBaron, they'd get pulled the gently caress over every other block.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I'm pretty sure turning those smokey perfect fits around is illegal and if it's not it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Kinda late here, but lol @ , Minotaur Pirate

myDad fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 6, 2017