Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

*yawns, presses special key macro-bound to post explodinghill.gif*

quote:

A presidential candidate, having a team of experts hired to direct the candidate's public image? Unheard of! :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Broken Loose posted:

Holy poo poo, I never saw the housing bubble comic. You'd think maybe Allie would reel it in after being so incredibly wrong about that before ranting about how there won't be a recession.

There's a big argument that due to rentier capitalism/housing bubble stuff in active economies is hurting the national GDP. You think we'd hear more about it, but I guess most people aren't in SF or NYC.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Isn't the debt track something you'd want to get off of?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

Isn't the debt track something you'd want to get off of?

Branco is not a clever man.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Mallard Fillmore: Year One (March 13-17, 1995)
NOTE: March 18th strip is missing, and not included.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 20, 2015

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I wonder how noted military logistics scholar Rick McKee would handle ISIS.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

OldTennisCourt posted:

I know it's originally from Pinocchio but all these No Strings on Me comics make me think someone is going to create a political cartoon decrying Tony Stark's reckless creation of Ultron.

I like how all the 'no strings on me' comics are of Pinocchio, and not anything from Ultron. I don't know if that says more about the people drawing the comics or what they think of their audience that they jump on a 60 year-old film reference over the blockbuster that just came out.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Aww look at wittle baby thinking he understands history.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Political Cartoons 2015: NURK! NURK! NURK!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

there wolf posted:

I like how all the 'no strings on me' comics are of Pinocchio, and not anything from Ultron. I don't know if that says more about the people drawing the comics or what they think of their audience that they jump on a 60 year-old film reference over the blockbuster that just came out.

The quote from Ultron is already a direct reference to Pinocchio though, so it makes sense that cartoonists would go with the original. Especially since it's an easy way to convey that Hillary is a big liar.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

A disingenuous idiot who intentionally misrepresents things.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He really is history's greatest monster.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Not sure which is more hideous, Hillary's neck tumors or the pattern on that chair.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What's all this made up controversy about George Stephanopoulos? He donated money to Hillary. Okay?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Met posted:

What's all this made up controversy about George Stephanopoulos? He donated money to Hillary. Okay?

He didn't disclose it while reporting.

Also, means Democras can no longer criticize the Koch Brothers or Citizens United.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Met posted:

MSM LIBERALS MSM :supaburn:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

OldTennisCourt posted:

I know it's originally from Pinocchio but all these No Strings on Me comics make me think someone is going to create a political cartoon decrying Tony Stark's reckless creation of Ultron.

His equally reckless creation of the Vision worked out ok though so everything is cool.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Met posted:

He donated money to the Clinton Foundation, a non-political charity run by the Clintons, and because of that he now owes them infinite favors.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Not everyone's opinions matter equally, like when the someone is a sock puppet created to Trojan-Horse the opinions of conservative males into discussions about feminism. An Uncomfortable Truths Cartoon. :(

Seriously though did Jarlsberg just create conservative Vivian James.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Samuel Clemens posted:

Oh boy, a new character. I'm looking forward to the wacky hijinks that are sure to ensue in the coming weeks.

I'm assuming these stock photo models signed away their rights to sue for stuff like this a long, long, time ago?

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

I thought it was because he worked on Bill Clinton's campaign 20+ years ago and something something he should be fired.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Vargo posted:

I'm assuming these stock photo models signed away their rights to sue for stuff like this a long, long, time ago?

He's confirmed that Lefty Lucy is indeed a stock photo model, dunno about the newer one but probably.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Oh god now he has an actual stock model to lust after.

I thought the name was "Rusty Ross" for some reason, then I read it again :gonk:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Met posted:

You're supposed to report donations you make to your network. He didn't report to ABC because the Foundation had its own report and he thought that would suffice. It was an honest mistake, and it's especially benign here since Georgey was a PR man for Bill's presidency so it should come as absolutely no shock that he's given them money.

The right-wing is just desperate to keep this state of Hillary being in perpetual scandal, and it also happens to fit into their "LIBERAL MEDIA" fantasies.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Oh god now he has an actual stock model to lust after.

I thought the name was "Rusty Ross" for some reason, then I read it again :gonk:

He's become Muir.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

He's become Muir.

It's telling that these guys keep inventing bombshell waifus to be their anti-feminist mouthpieces when pretty much every staunchly-conservative woman I've ever met has been a stout middle-aged mother of 4

e: I guess living in a blue state has something to do with that though

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Rorus Raz posted:

The right-wing is just desperate to keep this state of Hillary being in perpetual scandal, and it also happens to fit into their "LIBERAL MEDIA" fantasies.

After Ramadi fell, Fox News started pushing this bizarre narrative that Obama and Hillary Clinton need to apologize to the families of all the American* soldiers killed in Iraq. I'm not kidding. Obama has to because he, "lost the war" and Hillary because she voted for it.

Some day down the line, I'm going to hear someone earnestly say, "The war in Iraq was Obama's fault!" and my head's going to explode.

*I guess the coalition forces who died, or you know, the civilians, don't deserve an apology in that scenario.

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 20, 2015

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

ISIS

Abortion

Republicans

Ted Cruz

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

Cruel and Unusual posted:

ISIS

Abortion

Republicans

Ted Cruz

Ann Telneas is a national treasure. Seriously, her caricatures are probably the best ones we post here. Even without the dwarf labels I know who every single caricature is.

That Cruz she does never, ever ceases to be hilarious. Biggest :smug: ever.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Are Muir's latest few comics the craziest bunch yet? This is such an insane conspiracy he's going with now

Radish posted:

His equally reckless creation of the Vision worked out ok though so everything is cool.

It would be kind of a fun thread idea to make fake Lesters/Muirs/Allies/etc based on comic book events. Lester would totally be on the Pro-Reg side of Civil War.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Acid Haze posted:

After Ramadi fell, Fox News started pushing this bizarre narrative that Obama and Hillary Clinton need to apologize to the families of all the American* soldiers killed in Iraq. I'm not kidding. Obama has to because he, "lost the war" and Hillary because she voted for it.

Some day down the line, I'm going to hear someone earnestly say, "The war in Iraq was Obama's fault!" and my head's going to explode.

*I guess the coalition forces who died, or you know, the civilians, don't deserve an apology in that scenario.
Hannity is already going hard in the whole "ISIS is Obama's fault!" rhetoric

Couldn't help but laugh when he said Obama destabilized the region

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Rorus Raz posted:

Hannity is already going hard in the whole "ISIS is Obama's fault!" rhetoric

Couldn't help but laugh when he said Obama destabilized the region

This actually depresses me because, unlike Lester or McCoy, Hannity has a significant number of people who not only listen to him but trust that the things he says are generally true :negative:

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
New cartoon from Barry Deutsch

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Sandpuppy posted:

Not sure which is more hideous, Hillary's neck tumors or the pattern on that chair.

They're her running mates: Larry and Barry.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

I think Lindsey is my favorite, but this is all great.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Now, it's been years since I've taken a physics class, but won't a sharp turn absolutely tank your speed unless you accelerate during it?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I think Pope is long overdue to be added to the OP. If you got any interesting factoids, let me know

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Megyn Kelly asked Jeb Bush if, knowing what we know now, he would have supported the invasion of Iraq. It would be a great question to ask Hillary Clinton since, as a Senator, she voted for the war. Alas, Hillary is above questioning so Megyn’s question is only being asked of Republican candidates.

Nobody asked him, but Professor Victor Davis Hansen answers the question here.

It’s a good question. Most of the Senate Democrats who voted for the the war quickly turned against it. Many Republicans and public opinion soon headed for the exits too.

With everybody against him, President Bush finally fired Defense Secretary Rumsfeld, poured more troops into Iraq, and put General David Petraeus in charge. The NYT published MoveOn.org’s ad calling him General Betray Us. Hillary called him a liar.

As it turned out the Petraeus plan worked. In 2010 Joe Biden proclaimed events in Iraq the Obama administration’s finest hour. President Obama withdrew U.S. forces as he had promised.

Islamic man-burning barbarians soon filled the vacuum. Obama called them al Qaeda’s JV team. On Sunday the JV team routed the Iraqi defenders in Ramadi – 70 miles from Baghdad.

At present the last line of defense appears to be Shiite fighters from Iran.

Knowing what we know now, who in their right mind would answer yes? Jeb .. kinda of..sort of.. before he reheard the question.

It takes a special kind of stupid to still be outraged by the "General Betray Us" ad and Hillary Clinton kinda sorta calling Petraeus a liar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Despite the popular image which exists today, the official position of the Catholic church even in the middle ages was that witchcraft did not exist; witch hunts and trials were carried out by mobs or under otherwise secular jurisdiction. A well-researched cartoon.

• Locked thread