Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

GobiasIndustries posted:

11 Koroks left :smithicide:

You know that letting go is the only way to escape the OCD. Do it. Be free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I maxed my stamina wheel today, 74 shrines down and I beat the middle trials on my first go

Was feeling full of myself and went straight for the final trials, haha noooope

(I have a lot to learn it seems, died to around 8 stalkoblins on stalhorseback smashing me with arrows in a large circle while i ran around frantically)

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Spergatory posted:

I headshot all animals with fire arrows because steaks are delicious, and the only reason I do not kill horses is because you can't eat them. :btroll:

I freeze horses with arrows so I don't have to bother chasing them, and I make sure to run over foxes because they sound like deflating balloons. I may not be a very good hero.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
How do you kill the 2 white lizalfos on beginner trial on the circular pier?? I smack them and they fall off and regen all their health - very annoying!! Arrows do naught

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

You can kind of jankily force a Lizalfos to go ? over an arrow you shoot right in front of its stupid face as you sneak up and sneak attack with a 2 handed weapon, then when it gets up from its prone/knockdown animation you shoot another arrow just ahead of it and it goes ???? then you just repeat that until it dies

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

bef posted:

How do you kill the 2 white lizalfos on beginner trial on the circular pier?? I smack them and they fall off and regen all their health - very annoying!! Arrows do naught

Stasis the blue one and snipe it with arrows before it sounds the alarm. Sneak attack one then chain it via standing in the opposite direction you did the sneak attack hit and hitting them as they turn around.

Otherwise, cancel the final hits of your combos with a dodge so they don't get knocked in the water. If they do, god help you and start spamming arrows so they don't regen because it's only going to be downhill from there.

If you get the chance, magnesis the steel crates and use cryosis to make a barricade around the water so they stop falling in.

Also try your best to save your arrows for that very room. Take every opportunity to save arrows. Get a dragon horn and make a x3 attack bonus food which lasts half an hour and eat it before you start the trial. It's hands-down the hardest room in all three of the trials on master mode, nothing even compares.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Okay, so I've been playing through the game, and got the Master Sword as soon as I could have. (Transferred all my Stamina upgrades to hearts so I could pull it out.) I ended up doing the trials of the sword right away. I got through the beginning and middle trials with 13 hearts and no stamina upgrades. When would be a good time to tackle the final one?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mindblast posted:

You know that letting go is the only way to escape the OCD. Do it. Be free.

Never.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just want a botw gaiden, screw the dlc
Also what will the dlc be about

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Okay, so I've been playing through the game, and got the Master Sword as soon as I could have. (Transferred all my Stamina upgrades to hearts so I could pull it out.) I ended up doing the trials of the sword right away. I got through the beginning and middle trials with 13 hearts and no stamina upgrades. When would be a good time to tackle the final one?

Immediately. There are several sources of ancient arrows in the final trials, and they trivialize all the hard fights.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Calaveron posted:

I just want a botw gaiden, screw the dlc
Also what will the dlc be about

I don't think anyone knows yet.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
gently caress MM-themed BotW, how about WW-themed BotW.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mega64 posted:

Yeah instead of a vast, expanding world packed to the gills with rewarding things to do let's have a vast, expanding world with gently caress all

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Finished the game last night with all 120 shrines. I only sort of cheated to find two of them.

I needed to look up what I needed to do to access the shrine quest for the ancient orb next to Impa. I thought I'd get it once I finished collecting memories, but nope. Have to finish three unrelated shrine quests around Kakariko, including one that requires going into a specific house, but only at night. I consider this one to be the most bullshit of the shrines, because there is no in-game clue that connects the various requirements to the ancient orb, so I don't feel bad having looked it up.

After spending nearly 10 hours looking for the last shrine, I had my girlfriend look up where it was, and I asked some hot/cold questions to narrow it down to a particular region. It was in the one place I thought it couldn't be, inside of Hyrule Castle - my brain just filtered it out as a potential shrine site because it had its own special map, so I didn't explore it thoroughly enough to find the docks. So missing this one is completely on me for being an idiot.

Overall, great game. A+++++, would recommend.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Inferior Third Season posted:

I needed to look up what I needed to do to access the shrine quest for the ancient orb next to Impa. I thought I'd get it once I finished collecting memories, but nope. Have to finish three unrelated shrine quests around Kakariko, including one that requires going into a specific house, but only at night. I consider this one to be the most bullshit of the shrines, because there is no in-game clue that connects the various requirements to the ancient orb, so I don't feel bad having looked it up.

That was one of the last ones I found, mostly because I thought I had done every sidequest there already.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Inferior Third Season posted:

There is actually a book in Impa's house that lists every single Kakariko side quest you have to complete in order to get the orb. It's by the door, I think.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
6. loving. Koroks. Left.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

6. loving. Koroks. Left.

only 890 left for me

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GobiasIndustries posted:

6. loving. Koroks. Left.

Let us know how long that will take. It look a dozen or so hours just for me to find the last 3 shrines.

If I ever do a full seed run, I'm following a checklist guide by region.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Let us know how long that will take. It look a dozen or so hours just for me to find the last 3 shrines.

If I ever do a full seed run, I'm following a checklist guide by region.

I went mapless for the first ~800. After the DLC came out and I got the mask and was able to see where I hadn't been I just started wandering to those places since I still had armor to upgrade and needed materials. Then I went to the Castle, found ~20 more, and after that I just loaded up a map because there's no goddamn way I'm gonna walk the entire map again retracing my steps. I'm trying to go by region but it's needles in haystacks at this point.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

My favourite Hyrule Castle korok is the one literally at the very top of the central spire

'Yahaha' indeed

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Beasteh posted:

My favourite Hyrule Castle korok is the one literally at the very top of the central spire

'Yahaha' indeed

I wanted to take a cool screenshot of Link looking all badass peering out over the land but that goofy fucker ruins it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

20 shrines left... LET'S DO THIS.

Edit: I didn't think of using the 'radar' to find shrines until last week :v:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Yahaha :kimchi:

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

The true choice of Champions is Link's Awakening.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zoran posted:

Immediately. There are several sources of ancient arrows in the final trials, and they trivialize all the hard fights.

Ah, thanks. Yeah, I managed to clear the final trials. :toot: Honestly seemed like the beginning trial was the hardest one. They give you much better tools to take down enemies with in the middle and final trials.

Also good grief, how durable is the fully powered Master Sword? Normally it would break in the middle of a Lynel fight, but now it doesn't do that at all.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Dr. Fetus posted:

Ah, thanks. Yeah, I managed to clear the final trials. :toot: Honestly seemed like the beginning trial was the hardest one. They give you much better tools to take down enemies with in the middle and final trials.

Also good grief, how durable is the fully powered Master Sword? Normally it would break in the middle of a Lynel fight, but now it doesn't do that at all.

there's some stats on it a few pages back. it can deal like 11000 damage before needing regeneration

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 6, 2017

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Came across that one shrine that needs a blood moon just as a blood moon was about to happen :smuggo:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Beasteh posted:

Came across that one shrine that needs a blood moon just as a blood moon was about to happen :smuggo:

Same. I also did that one that required the sun in a certain area right as I got there the first time.:smug:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I must be doing a good job avoiding spoilers because I was floored to look out from the Temple of Time and see (cool creature spoiler?)a big loving dragon just flying around a tower in the next region. I didn't reach it in time and did not expect to see that. This game does a wonderful job of supplying a great feeling of exploration and discovery that I haven't really felt since Morrowind

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

TheHoosier posted:

I must be doing a good job avoiding spoilers because I was floored to look out from the Temple of Time and see (cool creature spoiler?)a big loving dragon just flying around a tower in the next region. I didn't reach it in time and did not expect to see that. This game does a wonderful job of supplying a great feeling of exploration and discovery that I haven't really felt since Morrowind

yeah, i was really excited first time I saw it diving into lake hylia

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Climbing to the top of Mount Lanayru unspoiled was one of the most magical experiences I've ever had in a video game.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
For me, this actually came second to riding through the jungle area and seeing a dragon flying along the river through the trees. It was like something out of a Ghibli film.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Kassad posted:

For me, this actually came second to riding through the jungle area and seeing a dragon flying along the river through the trees. It was like something out of a Ghibli film.

The music also contributes to that feeling.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Almost 200 hours in and I still marvel at those things when I happen to catch one flying in the distance. I still stop and pull out the camera so I can get a closer view.

Beasteh posted:

Oh great, I'm about to take a 12 day trip and NOW I find out about this one?

Most recent Shrine I found: the one where you have to catch and ride a giant stag to activate the Shrine. There's so much fun stuff in this game!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Welp, I did it. All 900 korok seeds. All shrines finished, master sword fully upgraded, all non-amiibo equipment fully upgraded. I played a bit of Master Mode but not much, I think I'll start a fresh MM game when the winter DLC comes out.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Just finished getting 900 seeds in my Master Mode file.

After 1800 seeds, i'm pretty okay with not finding any more in the foreseeable future.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Why would you even do that to yourselves.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
You're both depraved lunatics and I have alerted the authorities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The game should delete your save if you find all 900 Korok seeds.

e: Not really.