Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Hot drat, Crusader's Phalanx skill finally getting some love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Season theme doesn't sound that interesting to me but the changes to some leggos and the new 3 piece are pretty cool.

I do remember a viable magic missile build back in the day that fired 3 projectiles.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
lol if Mirrorball gets you sixty Magic Missiles cast and they nerf that poo poo right into the ground

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Vakal posted:

Hot drat, Crusader's Phalanx skill finally getting some love.
Doesn't seem like enough, unless they have existing pieces that boost it? I haven't played crusaders in years though.

If Akkhan's loses the 50% RCR, it even seems like a slight nerf. A good phalanx build might actually get me back in for a season though. I always liked the idea of Phalanx even if the game never gave it the spotlight.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

quote:

Five seconds after casting Haunt, all Haunted enemies within 50 yards are pulled to the Witch Doctor.

:eyepop:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Star Man posted:

lol if Mirrorball gets you sixty Magic Missiles cast and they nerf that poo poo right into the ground
Alas, Mirrorball specifically states that it adds 1-2 missiles, not multiplies. Still gonna be hot as hell with Firebird, I bet.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
RIP Inna's, but that Seven-Sided Strike bonus power sounds really funny and I hope it makes Uli worth a drat again.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
They should have buffed everything to be as strong as Innas instead.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zenithe posted:

They should have buffed everything to be as strong as Innas instead.

:emptyquote:

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
this is probably diablo 3's last season then the game goes into maintenance mode.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Orc Priest posted:

this is probably diablo 3's last season then the game goes into maintenance mode.

It's been in maintenance mode for like 7 years, lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah at this point the entire Diablo 3 development team is probably 5 people and has been for a few years.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah at this point the entire Diablo 3 development team is probably 5 people and has been for a few years.
I'm pretty sure it used to be less than that and they added a couple people to it a couple years ago to produce (tiny amounts of) new features for each season. We'll see what happens when D4 comes out, I guess?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

We'll know they're calling it if they do a all season bonus bonanza season.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Give us up to GR200 and Torment 20+

Bemused Observer
Sep 21, 2019

I'd really like to do another pass on the difficulty levels in the game. We currently have 20 difficulty levels including the pre-Torment ones, I really don't think that's practical, especially considering how quickly most characters just end up in T16 anyway.

Either that or replace that scrolling list with a dropdown or a number input.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Curious to see how the new powers make things. Makes me want to play classes I haven't in awhile but I imagine after hearing the streamers takes on how worthless some of them are that may change. I hate wizard and WD is at a pretty bad place and I still kinda want to try them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

At the end of the day you still get a perfect primal weapon out of it so even if the random affix is worthless for your build it's better than nothing.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Now just depends how rare they make the things. Probably like the rarity of the screams last season which would suck. I just wanna try poo poo out and if only get 3 in a season that's dumb.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I'm more concerned about the wording "anywhere in sanctuary" as it seems to imply not within rifts.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I like the idea of firing off 20 Magic Missile, maybe a Magic Missile build will be viable. Magnum Opus sounds interesting, but doesn't have the damage buff a lot of sets have. Not sure if any other sets do anything for Magic Missile.

Sad you can only have one of these things equipped at a time, and that you would probably have to find them and hope for the one you want. No idea how likely I will be to find one, let alone the one I am looking for. Also sad it seems like it only comes online once you are already level 70.

Not sure if I have ever found a Primal myself. I don't think I have ever gotten to the really high Grifts myself.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ryuujin posted:

I like the idea of firing off 20 Magic Missile, maybe a Magic Missile build will be viable. Magnum Opus sounds interesting, but doesn't have the damage buff a lot of sets have. Not sure if any other sets do anything for Magic Missile.

Sad you can only have one of these things equipped at a time, and that you would probably have to find them and hope for the one you want. No idea how likely I will be to find one, let alone the one I am looking for. Also sad it seems like it only comes online once you are already level 70.

Not sure if I have ever found a Primal myself. I don't think I have ever gotten to the really high Grifts myself.

Every season, you get a pity primal when you clear gr70 for the first time. It's usually something like a tyraels might.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I haven’t gone on PTR yet but if you’re doing MM with Wiz this season I imagine most are probably going LoD since you could mix in Hydra or Archon.

Mustached Demon posted:

Every season, you get a pity primal when you clear gr70 for the first time. It's usually something like a tyraels might.

Tyrael’s Might is actually BIS for some LoD builds, believe it or not.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I completed a class set for the first time in a long time on my Switch - Shadow's Mantle for the Demon Hunter - and I keep giggling over the game popping ridiculous numbers like 196 billion damage.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Is LoD the thing where you get increased damage for the number of Uniques you have equipped. Hmm looking at the PTR patch notes the Delsere's Magnum Opus doesn't list what the 6 set bonus is, if it still has the same bonus then that would actually still allow for a decent damage buff for Magic Missile. It feels like most enemies would probably be in a Time Stop now.

Also wondering what will happen if you have the 20 Magic Missiles enhancement on an item, possibly a Mirror Ball, and say Split. Split tanks the damage but splits it into 3 missiles, so would we get 60 missiles? or just 2 extra missiles?

Seems like I would want Delsere's Magum Opus, Mirrorball, Shame of Delsere, and Fragment of Destiny.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ryuujin posted:

Is LoD the thing where you get increased damage for the number of Uniques you have equipped.

Legacy of Dreams, yes, is the gem that gives you a damage bonus and damage reduction for every legendary that you have equipped, as long as you do not have a set-bonus activated.

it's my favorite gem because that by itself is already a "set bonus" on its own terms, and is good enough that it can take you to Rift 25 or higher, at which point you'll be earning loot fast enough to build a full class set on its own - so by the time you replace the LoD outfit, you already have a 6-piece bonus

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I haven’t gone on PTR yet but if you’re doing MM with Wiz this season I imagine most are probably going LoD since you could mix in Hydra or Archon.
Wouldn't you use Firebird? MM with the Conflagrate rune procs the 6pc 20x per click, whereas Flame Blades is only 3x/click.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I haven't really thought about that, but it would all depend on if the extra missiles interacted with FB.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Reading over the patch notes more closely, I think Wizards and Necros are gonna be the big winners from this patch. The buffs to DMO and Tal's are way more impactful than they seem at first glance and both are going to benefit bigly from the sanctified effects to MM and Orb. Trag'Ouls went from maybe the worst set in the game to insanely good, the multipliers to Death Nova and Blood Siphon are absolutely ridiculous. As a Wiz fan plz change nothing Blizz just do it live.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m rubbish at parsing patch notes, will this be a good season to summon a bunch of archery ghosts and have them mow everyone down like they were Leonidas at the end of 300?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's unclear to me how good archers will be, though I suspect that even with them casting Condemn everywhere Akkhan's will still need a damage buff to be competitive as it's a pathetic 2000% multiplier right now.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

That's pretty much what rax said about wiz and trag's being the big winners. I hope they do more with WD but they've left them to be lovely for a long time now do who knows if it ever happens. Overall I'd say it's a success though because I already want to try stuff that I haven't in a long, long time.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

So, I decided to reinstall this game after being away for about 3 years. Everything seems kinda the same, but then I noticed that followers have full gear slots now. Are there any other major changes I missed like 2 years ago so I wouldn't be able to google it?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Followers not only have a full complement of gear slots now but there are a new subset of legendary items that if worn by your follower will grant you the benefit directly. They're labeled "Emanates" on the item panel and you can see a list here: https://d3.maxroll.gg/resources/follower-mechanics#emanation

Not much else in terms of big game mechanic changes though, just various tweaks and buffs/nerfs to set and legendary items.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Swilo posted:

Followers not only have a full complement of gear slots now but there are a new subset of legendary items that if worn by your follower will grant you the benefit directly. They're labeled "Emanates" on the item panel and you can see a list here: https://d3.maxroll.gg/resources/follower-mechanics#emanation

Not much else in terms of big game mechanic changes though, just various tweaks and buffs/nerfs to set and legendary items.

oh poo poo I can have my follower wear nemesis bracers for me? that's awesome!

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

A Moose posted:

oh poo poo I can have my follower wear nemesis bracers for me? that's awesome!

Yes. There are few must equips of the follower including the flavor of time which probably didn't have its unique effect when you were last playing.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

PTR news finally got me off my rear end to roll an IK barb for the set dungeon, ended up getting the last 4 season journey steps at once after finally knocking that out

:toot:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How's the current season theme? I think I'd only jump in if it's something interesting or fun.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Swilo posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaat. I'm a casual player who picked the game up a few weeks ago after a long hiatus. I had no clue that's what 'emanates' means. That definitely changes things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
I used to play tons of Diablo 3 on PC, but I gave Immortal a go and it turns out I really like playing this game with a controller. But don't especially want to keep playing Immortal. Should I just bite the bullet and get the Switch version? How quick does it take to unlock all the endgame stuff again?