Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Some Goon posted:

Y'all've got me finishing up the challenges I never completed. I thought I was done with this game...

Still not finishing my greedier marks though. No way.

*1 month later*

Well.... maybe I could go for the greedier marks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Capital Letdown posted:

I'm using the d4 for the first time and this thing is ridiculous! I have the dead cat for 9 lives, but every time I get low health I just re roll and get a fun new build which usually just bumps up a bunch of health. If it ends up being a terrible roll, its only 6 more rooms and I have a bunch of lives anyway.

D4 and D100 are a lot of fun

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I just learned if you place a bomb in the path of a charging Chub, he'll eat the bomb and pause with a worried look until the bomb explodes.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Wildtortilla posted:

I just learned if you place a bomb in the path of a charging Chub, he'll eat the bomb and pause with a worried look until the bomb explodes.

Which is a cool nod to the Dodongo from the Legend of Zelda.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Wildtortilla posted:

This works on all his reskins/alternates too afaik

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Especially make sure to try it on Matriarch. :allears:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You can also do it to Big Horn right after it spits out one of those ball things. The timing is really tight though, I only found out about it last night because I had Dr. Fetus and annoyingly high shot speed.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
There's a baby following me and it's wearing 3d glasses. I'm not having any success looking up this familiar. Does anyone watching this thread know what this thing is?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Wildtortilla posted:

There's a baby following me and it's wearing 3d glasses. I'm not having any success looking up this familiar. Does anyone watching this thread know what this thing is?

Woah, I didn't realize what thread I clicked on and was really confused for a second...

Sounds like Buddy in a box. Gives you a random buddy with a random appearance from the co-op sprites.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Good call. Definitely what it is. I picked up a box and thought it was another box. This is my first try at drunk Issac.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Finished greed mode with 90 coins, 2 of diamonds, and a blank card; took the greed machine from 20 to over 150 in one go before it jammed :homebrew:

e/ also unlocked Lilith on that run, and am currently doing a regular run with her. Got Tech X early on and Inner Eye on boss rush, now I'm spamming 6 laser rings at once and just melting whole rooms, it's great.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jul 26, 2020

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Lost two Guardian runs in womb 2 while carrying a Bible. That little dipshit has no sense of self-preservation.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Ariong posted:

Here's a little tip I just learned the hard way: Mama Mega only blasts open the Boss Rush/Hush door when you first enter the room. If you leave and come back (say, to check out the angel/devil room) you lose your chance.

Cool Mama Mega tip:

It blasts the boss rush door open behind one of the mom-doors, when you enter the Mom fight. You can walk through the mom-doors that line the walls of the arena without killing Mom, right in to the boss rush. You can then check it out, without losing the devil room chance.
After you leave by exit/teleport or you're done with the boss rush, the mom fight restarts and you can get your devil room.

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

Carpator Diei posted:

Probably worth mentioning here that Repentance is apparently actually almost finished, for real this time, and will probably get released at some point before November:
https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1285649644115177474?s=19/

Yeah about that

Only registered members can see post attachments!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Mindlessly picked up Mr. Mega after starting with BBF. :sweatdrop:

...Honestly it was 75% murdering rooms for me (since I was stuck with 19 loving starting tear rate and miserable damage) and 25% blowing me up, so maybe not so bad in the long term. And I even nabbed Book of Shadows and a meat cube so I had a panic button for risky rooms.

Still though I ended up with D-Infinity in my hands and eventually rolled into something better: Guppy with mediocre stats. Then D6ed Bob's Head into SMB Fan to fix those stats. Then right into Hive Mind and BFFs (for my 7 Seals buddies). Capped off by Judas' Shadow with plenty of health lying around. :feelsgood:

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 26, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Delirium is so weird. I thought they had patched a lot of the stuff people complained about out of it, but I was still getting the "explosion before Mom's foot stomp" thing.

Just had a run where the Delirium fight was nonstop "gently caress you" foot stomps and jump-on-top-of-you teleporting bosses. Had dead cat so I resurrected, used every bomb I had to blow up every possible skull, pot, blue flame, and mushroom to scrounge up 4 more soul hearts. Then had a fight with zero teleporting at all, totally easy win.

Fuckin' delirium man

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I don't think it was ever fully patched, just made less terrible. Which makes me wonder how bad it must have been un-patched if the BS that's still there is the "fixed" version.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Honestly my recent delirium fights have been worse than ever, the one bright side is that he also seems to be turning into the hollow and spontaneously losing 70% of his hp a lot more too.

On an interesting run note, has anyone else ever got a tear delay of 1 + fruitcake? Even with no damage you just annihilate stuff with all the wacky tear effects, plus virtually every enemy gets turned to gold and a lot of them drop black hearts from the eve's kiss effect. Highly recommended. Purity is becoming one of my favorite items just because it's so good for breaking the tear delay cap.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Down to just Ultra Hard. This is gonna be a slog.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Some Goon posted:

Down to just Ultra Hard. This is gonna be a slog.

Take it to the 2nd floor devil deal. If it's not Book of Belial or The Nail (or you haven't gotten Book of Revelations by this point), restart.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Ultra hard really is some tedious poo poo. I can think of various items that would make it feasible (pyromaniac, placenta, the nail, book of belial, book or revelations, gently caress I'd take Yum Heart at this point and I dont normally rate that item at all) but instead its given me little chad and the dark bum a disproportionate number of times over the last dozen runs. Also camo undies which isnt annoying because of ultra hard so much as its just a poo poo item. And I have seen very very few full health pills or Sun cards compared to the number of hematemosis and Heirophants.

And even with items that make Ultra Hard feasible, its STILL some tedious poo poo. Curse of the Maze doesnt make the game harder so much as just more annoying. I was wandering around one level for literally 5 minutes with all the rooms (but one as it turns out) cleared looking for the boss room, because every time I'd tried to enter the room with the boss room door curse of the maze activated and I skipped over that room Which I didnt know for sure because Curse of the Lost stopped me from seeing the map so I didnt know where the room I was skipping was (or that I'd routinely skipped the same room multiple times). Only managed to finish that level because the shop happened to have an Emperor card for sale. Curse of the blind... Meh. Its annoying in that I cant see devil deals, but its only ended one run for me on its own so far when I ended up unknowingly picking up cursed eye. If they had wanted to make this challenge remotely fair, one less curse (and I dont much care which one) and/or changing the drop tables so certain items/consumables dont drop as they are literally useless when hearts cant drop would have done it.

Its my last challenge too, and I'm torn between grinding away at it or just saying gently caress it.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm suddenly encountering new enemies. I unlocked void portals recently and saw those for the first time. I also found some mushrooms that are stationary and occasionally shoot lots of tears in a circle around them. Now a new wall crawler with a tongue that spreads red creep. This is a game that keeps on giving.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I just did Backasswards on my second file and I forgot how hard it is to get a combo that actually lets you beat Mega Satan in good enough condition to continue the run. Even Tech X wasn't enough when I had 0 other items of note and base damage/speed. The game really hates giving you damage items on that challenge. Eventually though the game said "ok fine here you go" and gave me mom's knife, lord of the pit, and the wafer. I did have a scare on that run when on caves II or something Curse of the Maze caused the beam of light to move outside of the starting room which caused it to disappear the moment I entered the room it was now in. I was seriously considering using the sacrifice room to go back to the dark room in hopes that that would cause it to reset or something. Instead I spent about ten minutes walking in and out of the room until the curse triggered again and realigned the beam of light and the starting room.

Has anyone ever used a sacrifice room to teleport to the darkroom on backasswards? How about going to the blue womb or the void? I'm curious to see what would happen, just not enough to potentially throw away a winning run.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Am now doing an ultra hard run where I actually have the placenta, and the yum heart! I've got as far as sheol, but there are two problems: 1) I definitely dont have enough stuff on me to take Mega Stanley I have the placenta and yum heart, but damage wise I've got the cat o' nine tails and thats about it. 2) the problem with placenta is that its real time based healing. So I'm writing this post as I've put the controller down and am waiting for placenta to heal me from 3 hearts to 6. This run has taken for ever, and unless the dark room has some kick-rear end dps boosting items in those 4 red chests instead of just bombs and spiders I am still not going to win.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SiKboy posted:

Am now doing an ultra hard run where I actually have the placenta, and the yum heart! I've got as far as sheol, but there are two problems: 1) I definitely dont have enough stuff on me to take Mega Stanley I have the placenta and yum heart, but damage wise I've got the cat o' nine tails and thats about it. 2) the problem with placenta is that its real time based healing. So I'm writing this post as I've put the controller down and am waiting for placenta to heal me from 3 hearts to 6. This run has taken for ever, and unless the dark room has some kick-rear end dps boosting items in those 4 red chests instead of just bombs and spiders I am still not going to win.

You could risk a run around the dark room. Chests outside the starting room have items, and placenta can heal all the damage you incur exploring.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

PostNouveau posted:

You could risk a run around the dark room. Chests outside the starting room have items, and placenta can heal all the damage you incur exploring.

Yeah, this is your best bet.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Yeah, thats the plan provided I make it out of sheol. Have had a bad run of rooms and am now waiting for isaac to heal again. This run has been really frustrating, didnt get any money for the first 2 floors, curse of the labyrinth of course means they are all double floors, so floor 3 is the last shop. A bunch of money dropped, found the shop... and it had Greed in it instead who dropped a bunch of money when he died. Then no arcades in the womb either, I really was hoping for some helpful orbital flies.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's risky in itself. A double Cage room would almost certainly kill you, but it's better than facing Mega Satan with like 5.1 damage.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I just lost a run but learned an important lesson. My survival hinged on picking up four golden chests in a combat room. Two of them needed to be bombed free of rocks. I bombed my way to the first chest and it dropped an Ace of Clubs. I only saw the "of Clubs" so I popped the card and turned the other three chests into bomb pick ups.

Ace of Clubs =\= 2 of Clubs.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

John Murdoch posted:

I don't think it was ever fully patched, just made less terrible. Which makes me wonder how bad it must have been un-patched if the BS that's still there is the "fixed" version.
iirc before the patch he had a lot of broken animations which further exacerbated the bs of the fight.
I think it was mentioned at some point that Delirium is finally getting fixed for Repentance.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I just bought a Car Battery and unlocked the Extension Cord achievement.

Extension Cord: "Have The Battery, 9 Volt, and Car Battery in your collection."

I am only carrying the Car Battery. What is meant by "your collection?" Is it like, all the items I've ever held across all my runs?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yup. From the main menu, go to Stats > Items to view your collection. Collect them all! Of don’t.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

I think it was mentioned at some point that Delirium is finally getting fixed for Repentance.

I think this must be what I thought had already happened.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Mutant Spider + Soy Milk + tears with debuffs + knock back tears = slaughter

I used the above combo on a Greed run. I kept that idiot dazed and pushed into a corner for the entire fight. My favorite part was when he unleashed his hoards of keepers. I tapped into skills honed by Geometry Wars and ran straight at the pack while blasting through them and/or pushing them out of my way. What a fun run!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Can someone explain why I have a 0% chance at a devil room in Basement 2?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Ariong posted:

You were already in the boss room, right? If it ever doesn't spawn, such as after leaving it, it won't spawn again that floor.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Ariong posted:

Certain boss room configurations (specifically small rooms iirc) cannot spawn angel/devil doors. If you're wondering why such rooms even exist, the answer is that Edmund McMillen hates anything that gives people joy.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Some Goon posted:

You were already in the boss room, right? If it ever doesn't spawn, such as after leaving it, it won't spawn again that floor.

Nope.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

Certain boss room configurations (specifically small rooms iirc) cannot spawn angel/devil doors. If you're wondering why such rooms even exist, the answer is that Edmund McMillen hates anything that gives people joy.

Oh. Well, at least it tells you that as soon as you enter the floor.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Original Binding of Isaac flash was released September 28th, 2011. Rebirth was November 4th, 2014. Might be either of those dates to round off a 9/6 year cycle to the final end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

No, small rooms can. It's just a handful of boss rooms that have no accessible door spot other than the one you enter through.