Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

rannum posted:

I had no idea there was so much involved with the unown report. Like it's not a lot, but seeing the scientists actually solve a mystery and write about it is neat.
Also a reminder that this is the last time you could catch any unown until ORAS were released.

That event is so cool & weird. I wish they'd do similar things for other legendaries...I think these these three. and manaphy/phione, are the only level 1 legends they've ever released. It's a fun novelty that they should have done for the 20th anniversary instead of releasing them at level 100. Lets you actually use those learn sets!

Platinum's Regigigas that you get from messing with the Regi trio (that you get from an event Level 100 Regigigas, but baby steps...) is also Level 1.

E: iirc, anyway. I'm probably wrong just to spite the page snipe.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Platinum's Regigigas that you get from messing with the Regi trio (that you get from an event Level 100 Regigigas, but baby steps...) is also Level 1.

I don't know how I forgot about little baby regigigas. & The colosseum bonus disc let you get level 5 jirachis, so there were a few more overall than I had thought.
Still, give me more baby legendaries for use in these games please, it'd make for a fun gimmick run.

e: Though, to be clear, you didn't NEED the level 100 regigigas. You could still bring over the regi from gen 3/another game and use those to get the level 1 dude. The event just let you get the other regi in-game so you didn't have to trade/pal park for the actual regigigas. Though, again, you already needed a regigigas so...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Reminds me of that pikachu enlightenment comic

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

rannum posted:

I don't know how I forgot about little baby regigigas. & The colosseum bonus disc let you get level 5 jirachis, so there were a few more overall than I had thought.
Still, give me more baby legendaries for use in these games please, it'd make for a fun gimmick run.

e: Though, to be clear, you didn't NEED the level 100 regigigas. You could still bring over the regi from gen 3/another game and use those to get the level 1 dude. The event just let you get the other regi in-game so you didn't have to trade/pal park for the actual regigigas. Though, again, you already needed a regigigas so...

Ugh, don't remind me of that Jirachi. It apparently can be shiny, so I used my bonus disc to do that. It doesn't get through bank if it's shiny.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

No update until next week due to DEADLINES, so let's do the last vote of the LP. It's Battle Hall time.

So we're on the same page, the Battle Hall is an interesting facility where you participate in 170 1v1 battles using the same species the entire time. Note that I said species and not Pokemon, you can use any number of different Pokemon of the same species as you want, different sets, different stats, shiny, Gen 3 tutors, the works. So, we'll be having two votes, one to decide on the Pokemon we'll be using and the other to decide on the 3-4 sets it'll be using. You can choose what type you're facing, so some sets will be better optimized to take some types than others.

Here's the main things to note when making your choice:

Serious choices only, sorry. I want these 170 matches to be as painless and as quick as possible. This has been a facility I haven't been looking forward to, mainly cause it's really boring.

Since it's 1v1, something with a lot of Speed is really helpful, if you get the first hit in, you should be fine. It's not necessary if it can dish out damage, though.

Supereffective coverage is real nice, so a Pokemon with a wide movepool is helpful. Again, it's not necessary.

Again, the Frontier Brain has a random Pokemon, so hopefully what we use will work. Standard Frontier rules apply, so no broken legendaries, fun as they would be.

Suggest and vote for what Pokemon you wanna see, but remember only one will be chosen.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Starmie seems great?

Or maybe Alakazam or Gengar

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Dodrio or Rhydon

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Flygon or Porygon-Z

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Garchomp

The poo poo it can do this gen is absolutely stupid.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

scizor
Gen 4 was buuuusted

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
magikarp

(Gyarados)

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

More Houndoom! More!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

scizor
Gen 4 was buuuusted

Oh poo poo, this is a great idea.

Technician Scizor with Choice Band seems siiiiiiick.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

What's something with ridiculous coverage and a really high attack that we could stick a Choice Scarf on?

Pinsir?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

What's something with ridiculous coverage and a really high attack that we could stick a Choice Scarf on?

Pinsir?

Pinsir has every fighting move under hte sun, a bug move and earthquake.

Garchomp is the real monster to slap a choice item on

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Some Numbers posted:

Pinsir?

Slaking

a busted-up mailbox
Dec 14, 2012
Latios would seem like a fairly painless choice with its high base stats. Metagross would make a strong Choice Scarf user, especially with Clear Body giving it immunity to Intimidate, though having 85% accuracy on its main STAB move could end up hurting it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Garchomp

The poo poo it can do this gen is absolutely stupid.
Seconding this vote for the gloriously busted landshark dragon, Garchomp.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Destroy everything with the Landshark.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

I think we should stick with a gen 1/2 mon for the crystal lp. It's appropriate. Garchomp can have its day in its own game.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Remembering my own Battle Hall experiences, Garchomp all the way. Once you're past the types that have actual threats to it(Ice and Dark, mostly), it's smooth sailing.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
My go-to "nobody knows what this thing is gonna pull out" monsters were Salamence and Lucario, personally.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Focus Sash Shedinja :getin:

It was my go-to strategy to farm BP in the Battle Hall. I miss the Battle Hall :(

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Snorlax Leftovers
Don't think I've seen Snorlax used here before.

Silegna fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 20, 2017

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
You don't fuckle with Shuckle

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Alright, I think we've got our choices. Now it's time for voting for the one you want to see! Since we've also been getting some interesting choices, I'll be going with whatever is voted, but if it doesn't work out, then I'll be going with the second option instead. And repeat until we actually beat the facility. Since I'm sticking with serious choices only (sorry guys), you can vote for:

Starmie, Gengar, Porygon-Z, Garchomp, Scizor, Gyarados, Slaking, Latios, Metagross, Salamence, Lucario or Shedinja.

Admittedly some of them are a little left field, but I think they could work out very well due to the circumstances of the facility and ones that I believe have enough raw power or utility behind them to be effective. (Though since the facility is pretty quick and easy, I might have a montage of some of the not voted choices to have a go and see how well they do).

You can vote for two

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

porygon-z and starmie
Let's use a gen1/2 for the victory lap

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Garchomp and Lucario. Garchomp has brute strength and Lucario has moveset flexibility.

Khmer_Ruse
Mar 31, 2010
Shedinja and Slaking
I'm a sucker for gimmick mon

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Porygon-Z and Slaking.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Gengar and Scizor

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Garchomp and Scizor.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Latios and Lucario.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

AradoBalanga posted:

Garchomp and Scizor.

Let's bring back GenIV OU

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Shedinja and Porygon-Z

Let's get weird with it.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Lucario and Gengar.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Porygon-Z and Slaking.

Make Norman proud. (yes wrong gen I know)

a busted-up mailbox
Dec 14, 2012
Latios and Gengar.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Salamence and Scizor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gentlemieu
Jan 1, 2013
Soiled Meat

Khmer_Ruse posted: