Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
I added a bunch of junk to the previous update. Look at all those special boys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Spatula City posted:

I know, right? Sci-fi is generally pretty good at sorting out people who are actually empathetic from people that like to think they are, but won't really ever put in the mental effort if the "other" is too different from them. It is immoral to NOT consider the androids and machines worthy of empathy.

Androids, of course.

But machines?

You do know that nothing they say means anything, right? It's our duty to kill them all.

Glory to mankind!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Increasing usage of boys

Are you one of the McElroy brothers using Id's account? You have to tell me if you're a McElroy, it's the law.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Kavak posted:

Are you one of the McElroy brothers using Id's account? You have to tell me if you're a McElroy, it's the law.

No. I can figure out fishing mini-games.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 1, 2017

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

quote:

:3:

quote:

:kimchi:

I love how they're called Small Stubbies, they're so silly and the way they use their shields are great.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

No. I can figure out fishing mini-games.

:drat:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I just finished the game after the lp inspired me to buy it and...gently caress binging a Yoko Taro game is a good and horrible idea. Can't wait to see your reaction to the poo poo.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow. There's not, like, a camera-based means to get them into the compendium? Well, 2B's no recon unit, I suppose.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It's because 9S is a dick who refuses to scan them until he's had a chance to squish his toes in the robo-gore.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's because 9S is a dick who refuses to scan them until he's had a chance to squish his toes in the robo-gore.

I mean, the whole premise of the entries on machines are that they're "combat data". No one really knows what combat data is or how you're supposed to use it, but evil corporations and good operators both need it, and obviously you can't get combat data without combat - that's just data, and it's worthless.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Drakengard

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

That gif brought on sudden, violent flashbacks to the Goddess ending of the first game, so I'm gonna have to agree with this. Drakengard!

SarahSyna
Oct 24, 2015
Not relevant to this update, but I'm really worried/interested in where the game is going with the whole sexual vibe that's been present throughout. Between 2B's design, the machine orgy, abuse android lesbians, Dickless Sephirnot & Friend, the Jupiter Dating thing, Simone's... undercarriage, all that stuff, it's definitely building up sex and/or relationships as some kind of theme.

Relevant to this update; aaaaa! The machines are so cute and adorable and I love them and their precious animations deeply!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

The Dark Id posted:

That cannot be comfortable having a buzzsaw attached to your waist and spinning directly in front of your head non-stop.

Just a little spelling error here.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

The Dark Id posted:

Cowardly Dark Souls Player.

it...

it me :smith:

CesspoolofHatred
Apr 3, 2017

Skylight posted:

That gif brought on sudden, violent flashbacks to the Goddess ending of the first game, so I'm gonna have to agree with this. Drakengard!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So our xenophobic warbots are rolling up to a village of machines waving peace flags in a Taro Yoko game.

I'm sure this'll end well.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I like how you can tell all the machines are just variations of the same few designs with more bits strapped to them or swapped out for other bits. They're like homicidal alien Lego men!

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Kavak posted:

Regarding the McElroys, which one was spawned from which one's chest?

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm sure this'll end well.

Hey, remember that one sidequest in Nier with a sick child who didn't die? There's a small chance this might work out!

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
in taro yoko games i imagine white flags are actually physical death flags.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

The Dark Id posted:

Nobody knows what the deal is with these multi-tier boys. They march ever northward towards the end of the world.

As we’ve seen. They come in a variety of sizes. Moderately tall lads.

And far too big boys. We can’t even see you there you silly goose. You’re being foolish! What happens if you tip over?! Disaster!

These guys are my new favorites, I think.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Picayune posted:

it...

Nah, needs a spear for maximum cowardice

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

MysticalMachineGun posted:

So basically wooly from sbfp?
(Or at the least his dark souls 1 character)
Edit:
Also, this might just be because i watched yu gi oh abridged to kill time recently but adam looks like naked pegasus with both his eyes (and just as dickless)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Picayune posted:

it...

MysticalMachineGun posted:

AH gently caress

(I also wear the Giant Armour- am I Maximum Weenie yet?)

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

dick en-guarde

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
Oh poo poo, a DarkId LP I can actually participate in.

CommissarMega posted:

AH gently caress

(I also wear the Giant Armour- am I Maximum Weenie yet?)

You're fine as long as you don't wear the Father Mask.

Maxwell Adams posted:

dick en-guarde

This is it, this is how we defeat Dickless Sephiroth. We'll need 9S to take over as protagonist though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I can sell all the stuff that says "can be exchanged for money" right?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Everything but one boar meat and one moose meat.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Kurtofan posted:

IIRC some of it is actually used for weapon/pod upgrades. But fishing junk, chokers, necklaces and machine cores are all fair game

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
'Can be exchanged for money' items sell for more later in the game, though.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012
Money is only ever a problem at the beginning of the game, though. By the time those things sell for more you're usually swimming in money without having anything to actually buy.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Oh man, a village filled with adorable, peaceful machines? I can hear Taro Yoko revving his engines..

Sylphosaurus fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 1, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

This game really, really needed a bestiary to go look at all the cool robits and their animations. I am glad it got one.

This is all your fault, certain other machine lifeform! :doom:

Also it took me a second playthrough to go "hey, Eve comes out of Adam". Admittedly you don't know their names at that point but still.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

McDragon posted:

Also it took me a second playthrough to go "hey, Eve comes out of Adam". Admittedly you don't know their names at that point but still.

Out of Adam's ribcage, in fact :eng101:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

McDragon posted:

I can't wait until we find their identical triplet Lilith.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wonderslug posted:

Hey, remember that one sidequest in Nier with a sick child who didn't die?

Remember all the kids from Drakengard 3's sub-story for Two where they, uh, did? I'm prrrrretty sure that was Yoko trying to balance the scales.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
If the scales are balanced, then there's at least a 50% 17.4% chance of us getting through this without turning Nice Robot Village into a smoking crater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

White Coke posted:

I can't wait until we find their identical triplet Lilith.

Except super buff

• Locked thread