Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Haha, drat, I know "gun = dick" symbolism is not exactly a rare thing, but that's certainly one of more blatant examples I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

I believe the movie is about him finding an awesome lasergun attachment for his arm which gradually turns him into some kind of ghoul.

I saw it on television when I was eight and it gave me nightmares for a while. I'd like to think I was too young to see how much of a lovely movie it was, because I had no problems after seeing Gremlins around the same time.

They did a MST3K episode with it (it was their final episode on Comedy Central) and the whole movie is just kind of bizarre. Its meandering and kind of pointless with the main character getting revenge on people who didn't exactly do much to wrong him. Also at one point he uses his laser arm to blow up a billboard that just says "Star Wars" on it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Laserblast is Daniel Clowes' "The Death Ray". That poster is disturbingly accurate.

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
From the people that brought you Angels in the Outfield: A Fat Kid Giving Birth To a Soccer Ball.

Honestly the fact that that element is the least badly put together part speaks volumes for how terrible that poster is.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

muscles like this? posted:

They did a MST3K episode with it (it was their final episode on Comedy Central) and the whole movie is just kind of bizarre. Its meandering and kind of pointless with the main character getting revenge on people who didn't exactly do much to wrong him.

Eddie Deezen has wronged plenty of people, my friend.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Eddie Deezen has wronged plenty of people, my friend.

Eddie Deezen is the best part of that movie aside from the 5 minutes of Roddy McDowell we get

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Alouicious posted:

Eddie Deezen is the best part of that movie aside from the 5 minutes of Roddy McDowell we get

Pokes a disgusting cyst with some pliers, gets blown up in his car.

Oh god he really is the best part of the movie.

Aside from the claymation.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Really surprising the suits at Disney approved that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I remember that fat kid being in a bunch of live action Disney movies in the 90s.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I remember that fat kid being in a bunch of live action Disney movies in the 90s.

He's also in one of the finest movies ever made, The Sandlot.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

I like how they give that kid in the upper left the Sleepaway Camp face.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

This is why Heavyweights is so great. A whole movie of "hey it's the fat kid from Mighty Ducks" and "is that the fat kid from The Big Green?"

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Double postin'

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I love Prime Cut. How do you talk about it and not talk about how radiant Sissy Spacek is in it?

I didn't want to sound like a creeper, but yes she was amazing. Even her hair looked fantastic. :shobon:

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Wow, that's a horrible DVD cover.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Egbert Souse posted:

He designed the poster used for the cover of Criterion's edition of It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World and even contributed new illustrations to use for the booklet.

Kind of neat that they were torn between using designs inspired by Saul Bass' title sequence and Jack Davis' poster artwork.

I'll one-up you on that: Davis's cover for the Criterion edition was a parody of the cover he drew for the Mad collection It's A World World World World MAD - which was in turn a parody of his original poster for the movie.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

Rirse posted:

Even the poster is pretty crazy, shame I can' find a bigger version.

That looks just like the box art on an old Atari 2600 game.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now

I used to like that poster when I was little, so maybe it's effective I dunno.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

...of SCIENCE! posted:

This is why Heavyweights is so great. A whole movie of "hey it's the fat kid from Mighty Ducks" and "is that the fat kid from The Big Green?"
Plus it had Ben Stiller as the proto version of the bad from "Dodgeball" its a pretty good movie for what it was.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

achillesforever6 posted:

Plus it had Ben Stiller as the proto version of the bad from "Dodgeball" its a pretty good movie for what it was.

He was often a minor villain early in his career, like in Happy Gilmore and The Cable Guy as well.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Oh my god it's happening.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh my god how did I not know about this.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
I...what?

Oh for fucks HASHTAG "PEELTHEPOWER".

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Is that REAL?!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have no clue what that is.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Shoehead posted:

Is that REAL?!

More like is this PEAL?

Yes, yes it is peal.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
The 60's, when one movie title was never enough.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

I have no idea what this movie is about, but I want to see it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I have no idea what this movie is about, but I want to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq2KXudEjkI

A lot of Americans probably don't realise just how totally, gloriously insane a lot of British children's cartoons were. Watch the SuperTed intro and try to figure out how much LSD went into that.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 27, 2014

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

But where is he now

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Reminds me of this.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Krispy Kareem posted:

Ferdy Mayne sounds like a really dope rapper.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

MikeJF posted:

A lot of Americans probably don't realise just how totally, gloriously insane a lot of British children's cartoons were. Watch the SuperTed intro and try to figure out how much LSD went into that.

I used to have a lot of Dangermouse episodes taped onto VHS with a smattering of Bananaman cartoons for good measure. I used to hate bananas, but I would always eat half of one so I could have a banana-gun just like Bananaman.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Vagabundo posted:

A Mario Kart movie ??

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJkPWMaNaIM

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Krispy Kareem posted:

Good casting, I'm sure Sharon Tate knew a lot about fearless vampire killers.

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Wow, is Superted the only superhero who rips his skin off to reveal his costume?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Look at Michael Rapaport. Just look at him. Jesus gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch