Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Space-Pope posted:

lol microsoft has zero first party franchises that anyone's interested in

halo is a distant like third or fourth fiddle in console shooters, and they hosed up the latest one so badly that people still can't play it online reliably

fable's dead

killer instinct was dead on arrival

they hosed up microsoft flight simulator so hard that now a bunch of dudes working out of their basements are doing a far better job

they're re-releasing gears of war 1 but it kind of looks worse than the original

at the same time their competitor is releasing a remake of 3 games in the other chest high wall shootmans franchise and it looks like it's been handled competently

also they want $40 for gears [uncharted is $60 for all 3]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
gears of war was such a bad game

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaggar posted:

art direction and character design by cliff"the 40 year old teenager"blezniski

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

they're re-releasing gears of war 1 but it kind of looks worse than the original

at the same time their competitor is releasing a remake of 3 games in the other chest high wall shootmans franchise and it looks like it's been handled competently

lol. lets update the textures but not the geometry

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Shaggar posted:

shagger was right :aaa:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

qirex posted:

in the first picture the remastered one looks better than the original

the second one is probably some opertunistic screenshottning, theres no way the released game will look that bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hmm, well this texture is a water texture so let me search the asset library for water textures. ok this ones good *copy paste* done. next texture pls.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

qirex posted:

ahahaha what the gently caress at that last pic

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i dont like gears either though

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

art direction and character design by cliff"the 40 year old teenager"blezniski

the art direction was the least of its problems

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Viva Pinata was cool but they really had no idea what they had on their hands. It should have been some cool rear end Animal Crossing chill game, but they ratcheted up the "game" part in the second and it was really annoying to have poo poo wrecked by whatever the antagonist was (i don't remember).

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Valeyard posted:

in the first picture the remastered one looks better than the original

the second one is probably some opertunistic screenshottning, theres no way the released game will look that bad

they also appear to have deleted an island. can the xbox one not render that island correctly

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

pram posted:

they also appear to have deleted an island. can the xbox one not render that island correctly

beta tested in the future

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

its a multiplayer map, and the screenshot is (presumably) from the multiplayer beta recently. it wasnt a very big download so i wouldnt be surprised if it was all placeholders...for stuff like islands that are background shots that nobody would be looking at

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yeah or maybe its a PIECE of poo poo

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

its a mad world, mate

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

pram posted:

you just don't appreciate their vision

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Valeyard posted:

theres no way the released game will look that bad

this prediction has never, ever been correct in the entire history of either videogames or computers in general

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

pram posted:

it will be in the first update, eg. 5GB

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
kind of impressive they managed to get gears of war working on an ouya

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Space-Pope posted:

kind of impressive they managed to get gears of war working on an ouya

no they have it on the ouyeee

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Dodoman posted:

no they have it on the ouye

lol

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Despite EOL, ms can't get enterprises to upgrade from server 2003
http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2015/08/12/millions-still-running-the-risk-with-windows-server-2003.html

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

of loving course alibaba has a huge chunk of these

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

why do you play as killer croc now

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Btw GoW comes with all 3, only 1 is remade though

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I cant find the right one but here is another cubs gif: http://i.minus.com/ibaHpRpwaz5ZVY.gif

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Shaggar posted:

I cant find the right one but here is another cubs gif: http://i.minus.com/ibaHpRpwaz5ZVY.gif

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
wrong thread but w/e.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Shaggar posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I bet if you could search the forums archive I could find it but alas such a feat is impossible

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
just imagine cubs logo is windows logo and it's entirely appropriate here

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
and the ball is competency

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
and the other team is apple

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

I am really starting to hate friendly error messages.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the neogaf forums are dieing

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

good

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Valeyard posted:

they remade the original gears trailer for the gears 1 remaster, which is cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwbYhvlrQbc&hd=1

for differing values of 'cool'

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

pram posted:

the neogaf forums are dieing

excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
teedle dee dee! looks like one of the internet fairies had a whoopsie-doodle somewhere on the way! press f5 to give the fairy a band-aid and tell it that it's going to be all better.

• Locked thread