Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Didn't play for a while and got slotted in around 8.5-9k, feels loads better than getting dumpstered at 12k all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Don't MM

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I've been hovering just above 10k for a while. I seem to get teammates that never have mics, while opponents seem to have memorized cs-tactics utility usage videos and take sites with precision.

I went from 4k to 10k in like a week in January after a vac banwave, and since then basically zero progress.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

They should bring back item drops for playing in community servers.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

UnknownMercenary posted:

They should bring back item drops for playing in community servers.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Brother this gets posted anytime you mention CS here but the server is always either empty or has an “official” going on. I love community servers but MM has its place too. I always check my favorited community servers when I first log on but both times I’ve joined the sub.io ones I’m accosted and kicked for interrupting a match.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Slotducks posted:

Still playin'

Have lost 10 matches in a row - Went from 11.5k down to 9k, seemingly going up against godlike players (not cheating) that absolutely clap us. Other team doesn't use util at all, just outaims us all game, no execs, nothing. Very disheartening.

Honestly shocked you only lost 2500 ELO for losing 10 in a row. The insane “streak ELO” poo poo creates its own smurfing problem, I lose three in a row and suddenly I’m losing 2-3x the ELO for a loss that I gain for a win. A lot of lobbies where a dude is 3k ELO below the room and is stomping everyone because Valve decided to nuke their ranking for a gimmick instead of a simple +/- 10 or 12 depending on the matchup.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Pandaal posted:

Brother this gets posted anytime you mention CS here but the server is always either empty or has an “official” going on. I love community servers but MM has its place too. I always check my favorited community servers when I first log on but both times I’ve joined the sub.io ones I’m accosted and kicked for interrupting a match.

Well, I mean, the matches in the server are setup the same way as a 5v5 competitive in matchmaking? So it's not like you can just join something ongoing in the server if there's already a 5v5 set up. Anyway, matches are set up through the discord server now and usually happen after 7PM EST on weekdays but can be any time on weekends.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

UnknownMercenary posted:

Well, I mean, the matches in the server are setup the same way as a 5v5 competitive in matchmaking? So it's not like you can just join something ongoing in the server if there's already a 5v5 set up. Anyway, matches are set up through the discord server now and usually happen after 7PM EST on weekdays but can be any time on weekends.

There’s a few slots for spectators. When I joined I assumed it was just casuals so I picked T’s and got thrown out like Jazz from Fresh Prince.

Just a misunderstanding though, don’t mean to poo poo talk the server. Just that community servers are not always the best option and sometimes you wanna play MM, so it should improve.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Pandaal posted:

Honestly shocked you only lost 2500 ELO for losing 10 in a row. The insane “streak ELO” poo poo creates its own smurfing problem, I lose three in a row and suddenly I’m losing 2-3x the ELO for a loss that I gain for a win. A lot of lobbies where a dude is 3k ELO below the room and is stomping everyone because Valve decided to nuke their ranking for a gimmick instead of a simple +/- 10 or 12 depending on the matchup.

It's gone from soul crushing to ridiculously funny how bad of a slump my stack and I are in.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Pandaal posted:

There’s a few slots for spectators. When I joined I assumed it was just casuals so I picked T’s and got thrown out like Jazz from Fresh Prince.

Just a misunderstanding though, don’t mean to poo poo talk the server. Just that community servers are not always the best option and sometimes you wanna play MM, so it should improve.

Yes it’s a “competitive” PUG server with teams selected before the game starts, not a hop in hop out pub. The games are organized in the subio discord.

Yes, MM should be improved but valve has proven over the past decade that they’re not interested in doing that. Subio comp games don’t have cheaters, so it’s reasonable to advertise them to people who may not know about them. Nobody’s singling you out for playing MM.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Games in MM are noticeably worse on Wednesdays when the drop resets

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The pick ban system is great but the way streaks are handled is honestly quite terrible. It'd be better to just gain and lose fixed amounts of rank and adjust up and down based on round wins and any potential disparity between the teams.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

m'goonymans

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Valve needs to adopt the gpskill system

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

Unfortunately, I can only play goon man's on weekends, due to work 😒

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Im hoping to get some goonmans in now that im off for the summer (until october) but the time zone difference is rough!

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

RATS! posted:

Unfortunately, I can only play goon man's on weekends, due to work 😒

Even on Thursdays?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

https://x.com/CounterStrike/status/1793756708935962738

Big update to maps, economy, incendiaries and chickens.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Look how they massacred my boy :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9j5VpaDgDc

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Already fixed. Lol @ the people who panic sold.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Pandaal posted:

Look how they massacred my boy :(
Get something that isn't a gut knife.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Budzilla posted:

Get something that isn't a gut knife.

Never.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Gut knives are to be respected.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I wont. Farewell.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Get a knife with a finish scorched to go with your gloves or something.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Budzilla posted:

Get a knife with a finish scorched to go with your gloves or something.

lmao da motherfuckin Counter-Strike fashion police have arrived

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

I like to flex on the poor and children with pixels.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

imagine having a poor person knife

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
You can pry my rust coat shadow daggers from my cold dead hands.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Selling my knife at the top of cs2 pre-release hype is the smartest economic decision I've ever made

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Bohemian Nights posted:

Selling my knife at the top of cs2 pre-release hype is the smartest economic decision I've ever made

Same. I sold a Damascus Steel Karambit right after CS2 launched, bought the aforementioned Gut Knife and a gorgeous Case Hardened AK47.

So a smart economic decision followed up by doubling down into a dumb one again.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I sold 150+ cases for the usual 0.03 cents like a week before CS2 was announced and those cases all jumped up to multiple dollars a piece

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

default knife > every knife skin

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Dongicus posted:

default knife > every knife skin

Vanilla butterfly > every skin

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

The funniest thing about CS2 and porting the skins to the new engine is that a lot of the lovely low tier skins now look loving great. Solid colour and spray paint types were moved to the new model so they look better with the new shaders and they have the benefit of getting the new model eg Dualies Contractor comes to mind.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

some of the famas skins look really nice. shame about the gun though

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
is there an updated list of console commands to put in auto?

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

fyallm posted:

is there an updated list of console commands to put in auto?

unbindall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

I have that set to mouse 1