Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Appropriate for today I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvdMJAs5NRM

When I saw them in support of Oceania (the one without Manson, the girl and the drummer that wasn't Chamberlain were in the band) they did this and I thought it was pretty drat great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Good god the camera editing on that video is atrocious. They're trying to make it look like a tween pop punk video for some reason.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

BANME.sh posted:

Good god the camera editing on that video is atrocious. They're trying to make it look like a tween pop punk video for some reason.

iheartradio is clearchannel's hip internet rebranding so I'm not surprised

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

A favorite band of mine released a cover recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itz2B9RuBSo

I love their snare drum. It can be bought on teh bandcamp.

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove

hatelull posted:

Appropriate for today I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvdMJAs5NRM

When I saw them in support of Oceania (the one without Manson, the girl and the drummer that wasn't Chamberlain were in the band) they did this and I thought it was pretty drat great.

why did the guy from new radicals introduce him?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Ofecks posted:

A favorite band of mine released a cover recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itz2B9RuBSo

I love their snare drum. It can be bought on teh bandcamp.

God drat these guys are good. I enjoyed their cover and went to check out their other stuff. Really good poo poo.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Cool, glad you like it. The Pumpkins and other 90's rock acts (The Rentals, Hum) are obvious influences on them. Their sound is absolutely massive, and they do great things with vocals.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I caught Monuments (the song) on Spotify the other day, heard it for the first time in over a year, and I really dig it. I don't know why it didn't stick out at me before.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Billy has alzheimer's.

quote:

Billy Corgan also spoke about why the Pumpkins will never perform one of their albums in its entirety, as many bands have done in recent years. "The idea of getting up and playing an album that was never meant to be played live in that sequence smacks of consumerism," he told Rolling Stone. "That stuff is the dregs of the music business. I have a hard time believing that everybody out there doing it really wants to do it."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BANME.sh posted:

Billy has alzheimer's.

"I have a hard time believing that everybody out there doing it really wants to do it."

Yes, yes, they're ALL like you, in that they pretty much hate their old stuff, and would NEVER play a well-loved collective work from the back catalogue.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
How old's that quote? I mean if it's from the 90s whatever, he changed his mind. If it's new, welllllllllll.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
It was published today

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Hahaha goddamnit Billy. How soon we forget Oceania.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Weird, I didn't even think of Oceania, because I took his quote to mean 'old, classic albums', like SD, or MCIS, but goddamn, yeah, the DID play Oceania start to finish all the time back then.

Oh Billy :allears:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean he can always say "well, Oceania was meant to be played that way" but c'mon Billy, get your poo poo together.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
He may have been referring strictly to the 90s because he also added

quote:

He also claimed that "millennials love Siamese Dream," which surprised him because "no one's harder on the millennials than me."

The difference between Billy and other artists is that everyone else seems to enjoy putting on a good show and leaving the fans satisfied, whereas Billy has nothing but contempt for his fans.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Had to take a picture of this when I found it in a local paper a few weeks ago

he's harder and harder to look at year after year, but the jacket really seals the deal

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Billy Corgan started making electro house?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

BANME.sh posted:

Billy has alzheimer's.

I'm glad that Billy Corgan is taking a principled stance against consumerism

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck

BraveUlysses posted:

he's harder and harder to look at year after year, but the jacket really seals the deal

Jacket rules

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

BraveUlysses posted:

On the other hand, the recordings i listened to from the last electro-acoustic tour are really really cool.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the legible text in the column to the left sans context is fuckin' incredible.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Platypus Farm posted:

On the other hand, the recordings i listened to from the last electro-acoustic tour are really really cool.

I was looking at tickets around here when they first went on sale. There were already almost none left and the few they had started at something like $250.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Now that this thread's been bumped, some new old poo poo leaked. Listen while it's still up; B0lly's steamed.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Oh hell yeah, leaked 90s era demos are the only legit thing that interests me about The Smashing Pumpkins any more.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck

Masonic Youth posted:

Now that this thread's been bumped, some new old poo poo leaked. Listen while it's still up; B0lly's steamed.

Eh, if the other members are steamed too, you could also just respect the wishes of the artists and not do that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

THIS (old news, I know) has to be the dumbest BC-related thing, also taking into account that Billy was on Alex Jones' show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZtlcFNPNgI

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

I guess hell has frozen over: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsqtY2yjPN4

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh my god, wow.

Who apologized to who?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Maybe our rampant piracy of their stolen material brought them together. :kiddo:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ballz posted:

Maybe our rampant piracy of their stolen material brought them together. :kiddo:

Actually, RollingStone.com is reporting exactly that, haha.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-smashing-pumpkins-reunite-with-james-iha-at-los-angeles-concert-20160327#ixzz446tcilQ2

quote:

However, whatever animosity existed between the former bandmates thawed earlier this month when they reunited, in writing, to threaten to sue whoever had been leaking early Smashing Pumpkins demos in recent months.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

That just about brings a tear to my eye. God I love that song.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

*listens to download of Sleeping Giant*

yess I helped Billy and James reconcile

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Was this a one time occurrence or did Iha join them for the tour so far? I see them tomorrow night in SLC... same venue I first saw Iha play with APC

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Guessing one time thing.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Gone be reeeeeal awkward for jeff otherwise

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Jeff can put on a wig and take over bass duties.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Jeff can put on a wig and take over bass duties.

Not that it matters, but at this point, he'd look more attractive than D'arcy.

Please be ok, D'arcy :ohdear:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Langolas posted:

Was this a one time occurrence or did Iha join them for the tour so far? I see them tomorrow night in SLC... same venue I first saw Iha play with APC

I'm guessing if he was joining them for a while this would have been announced ahead of time and more people would know about it for ticket sales purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, I'm assuming it was a mostly one-time thing, probably testing the waters for fan response and maybe someday a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. See if he can get on stage with Billy again and not want to blow his brains out.

• Locked thread