Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that's patches in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
you'll be fast friends soon

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

This is the first char I beat Amelia first try. Blades of mercy are really strong, especially the dash + R1

the side dodge r1 is stupid good. you can pretty much kill anythuing using that attack alone bc of how safe it is

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

apropos to nothing posted:

you'll be fast friends soon

patches' dialogue is really good

Dec 26, 2012

This is the first char I beat Amelia first try. Blades of mercy are really strong, especially the dash + R1

amelia is pretty easy to beat with a fast weapon, or a slow weapon with good reach and a long chargeable r2

come to think of it that's most every weapon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

amelia is pretty easy to beat with a fast weapon, or a slow weapon with good reach and a long chargeable r2

come to think of it that's most every weapon

Shadows shouldn't give me too much trouble. Katana guy = easy parry + kill, and I'm thinking I should e able to angle the one guy behind that huge tombstone so I can't get hit by fire. I really like that the speed of attack on the blades increased the more hits in a row you commit too, that's a really cool mechanic that exists for only two weapons as far as I know

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish there was a seed of the tree of the giants item in this game. i invaded the same person twice in a row, and it would've been nice to help them out.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
33 minutes through the whole game. some of the skips are incredible, and he owns every required boss with beast blood and coarse paper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9kVh5U1dPc

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

33 minutes through the whole game. some of the skips are incredible, and he owns every required boss with beast blood and coarse paper

that guy is unreal

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

Japanese inri

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

I'm going to watch this. I reached shadows this afternoon, the blades are kinda tough with the multi targets because I don't have the time to wail on a dude and get to top speed. I will prevail again though

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

sector_corrector posted:

this is a good run, there was that first really lovely run which involved duping a blood clot to get to level 100 then fighting shadow of yarnum.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao at the gascoigne fight. Also glad to see someone did a run after duping was patched out and the skips were removed bc that is super boring.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sad they patched out the iofska clinic jump because rushing to cainhurst for weapons was fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

what the heck is going on with the health here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9kVh5U1dPc&t=1225s

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

that happens to me there too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the micolash trick is neat, I wanna try that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that run is insane.

Dec 26, 2012

the micolash trick is neat, I wanna try that

yeah that was really clever, i didnt know oyu could do that

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

check out the 25:10 jump. i had noj idea about that

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
this run is fuckin nuts

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
5:30 to the cathedral ward? my god

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
> when he skips all of Old Yharnam

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

check out the 25:10 jump. i had noj idea about that

i love how he has to precisely measure out one backstep away from the pillar

Dec 26, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

> when he skips all of Old Yharnam

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
the japanese are crazy. i wish i had that kind of devotion

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he probably hasnt played the game that much more than anyone else

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
speed runners actually play the game hundreds of times

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
me2

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i played the game a fairly fuckin large number oftimes now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played it 3 times I think. I'm a casual

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I've spent most of my time in the character creator.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I've spent most of my time in the character creator.

lol. I've seen some of your monstrosities from past souls games, does Bloodborne have the same level customization where can make insane crap again

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol. I've seen some of your monstrosities from past souls games, does Bloodborne have the same level customization where can make insane crap again

Absolutely. I started clapping and hooting once i got a nose to dip inside the mouth

Dec 26, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

Absolutely. I started clapping and hooting once i got a nose to dip inside the mouth

lmao

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Lmao. I just had a go at Mergo's wet nurse and got OHKO'd by her uppercut

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
same thing happened to me one time when I got too cocky and was trying to burn her down too fast

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

her spinning uppercut killed me so many times. actually its the only way she ever killed me. the timing is just so weird that i would always roll to early

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mergo is the only boss I never died on. She's never very aggressive and she doesn't really hit much harder than other bosses despite the fact that you have more stats invested in a normal playthrough so you can easily absorb the damage, and you also have +10 weapon likely so you can destroy her.

I think I'm gonna try to finish my blades f mercy run this week, and maybe get around to finishing th platinum bc then the only trophy left will be the chalice dungeon boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Mergo is the only boss I never died on. She's never very aggressive and she doesn't really hit much harder than other bosses despite the fact that you have more stats invested in a normal playthrough so you can easily absorb the damage, and you also have +10 weapon likely so you can destroy her.

I think I'm gonna try to finish my blades f mercy run this week, and maybe get around to finishing th platinum bc then the only trophy left will be the chalice dungeon boss

she killed me once because she popped her shadow move