Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The promo odds, at least on tribble, are approx 1/100, based on a 10,000+ pack test.

I don't have trouble believing they are the same on holodeck, based on the prices of the packs and the prize ships.

The packs are about 20m each, so on average, 2b etc worth of them are opened for each ship, assuming 1/100.

This also yields 1000 lobi and 100 r&d boxes. 1000 lobi is worth about 350m, 100 r&d boxes are worth about 150m

2b - 350m - 150m = 1.5b, the upper end of the price range of the ships.

After the promos end and the pack prices rise (much more than the ship prices, typically), it gets to be less and less of a fair gamble, but people are happy to pay a price to feed their gambling compulsions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Don't forget about the internal counter that totally guarantees you a ship after enough boxes are opened!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That only works for lockboxes (and is counted individually per box, not total), promo ship packs don't get that. You could open a thousand and get jack poo poo for the effort. :ssh:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Wow CCA is laggy as gently caress these days with all the abilities and poo poo going off. Just non stop rubber banding.

Did a fleet alert to compare performance and that ran quite smoothly.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

The Andromeda class (ie: T6 Galaxy) is currently at 50% off (1500zen) in the C-Store for the next 24 hours:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10442033-andromeda-goes-on-sale

A generous gesture that has nothing to do with piggybacking off the launch of any other games today.

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011
Here I am again with another wonderful keybinding inquiry, but I figure some of you with all your contra alts have this one down already.

Looking to build some keybinds to more rapidly collect the rewards from doff jobs (more specifically the contra job) and refine the dil thereof, perhaps putting it on the exchange at 100 per if possible. 90% sure there's no way to bind requesting/accepting the doff job, but I can get close enough here to save a lot of effort running through over a dozen alts if I just line 'em up in front of the guy and cycle through.

To be honest, if someone just has a list of all the gens in the game, that would be cool too. I know back in the day when that one guy was doing the custom UI, there was such a list, but that appears to have been lost to the ether.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Cyntalan posted:

perhaps putting it on the exchange at 100 per if possible

"CurrencyExchange_CreateBuyOrder X Y" x being the amount of zen to buy, y being the price per zen.

If you're doing it at 100 per to consolidate all the dil in one spot you're out of luck though, you can only have a limited number of buy orders active at a time (5 iirc). Cancelling orders puts the dil in your exchange balance and all orders placed pull dil from the exchange balance first, your character balance second, so spamming a bunch of lowball buy orders to easily migrate all your dil to one spot ain't gonna happen unless you're actually buying zen and later selling it off for (usually) a small loss.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Tribble patch today walked back some of the nerfing to Plasma Sig Nullifiers and Plasmonic Leech. Leech now even works with the MACO/KHG shield.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MREBoy posted:

Tribble patch today walked back some of the nerfing to Plasma Sig Nullifiers and Plasmonic Leech. Leech now even works with the MACO/KHG shield.

That's good but not sure I plan to break my Iconian 4 piece set yet.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Spartan's doing his AMA on reddit right now

https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/60qb1f/i_am_crypticspartan_the_designer_behind_the/

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

I thought AMA stood for Ask Me Anything.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
A cryptic dev having no idea how something works? Unpossible!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
He's answering questions in a lot of detail. I have no idea if this StarTrekker guy is a goon or not and apologies if he is, but Spartan was pretty clear about not being able to talk about unannounced changes or speculation. Dude hosed up.

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011

Mondian posted:

"CurrencyExchange_CreateBuyOrder X Y" x being the amount of zen to buy, y being the price per zen.

If you're doing it at 100 per to consolidate all the dil in one spot you're out of luck though, you can only have a limited number of buy orders active at a time (5 iirc). Cancelling orders puts the dil in your exchange balance and all orders placed pull dil from the exchange balance first, your character balance second, so spamming a bunch of lowball buy orders to easily migrate all your dil to one spot ain't gonna happen unless you're actually buying zen and later selling it off for (usually) a small loss.

Yeah, I figure that'd be handled with some other means (multiple uses or something, I'll figure it out one way or another). Thanks for that one, though.

The doff job reward collection is the one I'm most interested in, though. Anyone know what that one's supposed to be? I'm pretty sure it exists if it exists for admiralty and R&D.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Have you seen this wiki page? I just wish I knew how to queue more than 1 copy at a time (for churning thru omegas).

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but considering the chat bar will autocomplete slash commands you can probably tinker with it enough to figure it out.

Blacula fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 22, 2017

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011

Blacula posted:

Have you seen this wiki page? I just wish I knew how to queue more than 1 copy at a time (for churning thru omegas).

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but considering the chat bar will autocomplete slash commands you can probably tinker with it enough to figure it out.

Yeah, I saw that one, but it has nothing on the collection, that just shows how to start the R&D jobs. Unless I'm blind, of course.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

quote:

Line 935: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: utilizing radience transmissions
Line 939: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I believe so
Line 943: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: perhaps Archer's era
Line 953: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: Radience beam vs... subspace beaming
Line 955: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: much more undeveloped
Line 967: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I am primitive in that respects
Line 975: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I would still not grasp a subspace travel
Line 981: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I would instead use a dampenening field to quell or negate the afflicting opposition...
Line 987: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: rending you at near light or almost light speed as maximum velocity
Line 991: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: its primitive
Line 993: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: compared to your warp drive
Line 1019: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you could get to alpha centauri in two years
Line 1033: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: if you can imply field inversion techniques to bend subspace
Line 1043: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you might be able to punch through in 6 months... highly philosophical without out measure or calculated basis
Line 1069: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I've come to think of myself as Composite Jonathan...
Line 1083: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: not much respectable in the world of engineering or science
Line 1117: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I kept wondering if maybe I was meant to be the Johnny who was lost by a choniton laced borg plamsa shot at the phoenix and was temporalily displaced but I've kind of dismissed that
Line 1125: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: snuggie as in refrence to the ginger bread dolls I keep holding at night... that seem to have growing personalities that are emerging with the books I've been reading them
Line 1163: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: The idea is that you invert into subspace through quantum manuplation of your dampening field creating rift through subspace that launches you through a fold... or rift that remains in place\
Line 1169: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: long as you can maintian the field
Line 1179: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: but... this rift or fold in space in said fashion would only put you there momentarily and unsustained
Line 1189: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: in theory.. but if you can dampen the field implication in conjunction you might hold together
Line 1193: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and if you pull through...
Line 1201: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you might be the first one to have traversed subspace and thus pushed the fabrics of space at a rate unaflicted by our common space
Line 1213: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and thereby presumably exceeded light drive
Line 1225: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: like I said philosophical conjecture is not theory with workable calculations or study, nor is it practicle implications...
Line 1231: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: such as engineered marvels that fly
Line 1241: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I got to go hit the john before refreshing my tea
Line 1261: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: well there goes with my colon bleeding again
Line 1281: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: just a cracking from a dry irritant
Line 1295: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: unfortunate with odd moisuture seeming mucus layer coating most of it
Line 1297: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and the dripping I frequently inccur... very fowl odor at this time of night
Line 1361: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: there is a species that might let you hitch a ride and use no vulgar language, be very clean, and keep good hygenie... mostly female....
Line 1365: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and if you start to slide they don't tolerate you anymore
Line 1379: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: thier punisment zone is a sort of prisonier cleaning and reconditioning cycle
Line 1389: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I think I recall contact over a neural comm... they heard I had forgotten to clean the tub and that was teh end of that
Line 1459: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: Caelea... maybe a name like Calysto that of Xena saga would go over well here
Line 1485: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: Cae lea... like "see ya..lea" or leaving
Line 1511: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: like maybe I was lost in my mind in the tub and you said see ya... walked out of ear shout saying the final word leaving but I only heard lea
Line 1529: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: See yah... lea-ving
Line 1533: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: in a drifting tired voice
Line 1537: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: are you a nurse or Cealea
Line 1565: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: no Mycroft I was poking fun while phonically disecting your her name
Line 1573: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: *her name
Line 1587: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: analytically and phonically disecting her name
Line 1611: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: analytically phonically with distance, trajectory volume and similarity to known words
Line 1619: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: something it reminded me of a woman saying goodbye
Line 1659: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: which reminds me of a statement made by someone that at some point women give up hope, still try to be around then just leave tired worn out secretely hoping you will just notice
Line 1703: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: they often return pondering if you ever will recover and return to what they thought you were
Line 1723: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: sometimes questioning if they can take on the task themselves
Line 1741: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and arrive vibrat at times, but innerly sad
Line 1747: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: seeing you as a lost cuase that desperately needs someone
Line 1759: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: but again uncertain that you will ever recover or survive
Line 1793: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: they then leave in solomn soliditude after weeping tears upon you like grave and morn you finally weeping thier last
Line 1805: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: the look up and smile, finally getting that off thier chest seeking new persons to take care of
Line 1849: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: sometimes to fill remiaing empty holes of years of cherished moments of your seemingly selfish desires to just keep them off your back
Line 1859: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: its an odd state
Line 1883: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you get pushed off after they try to get you to soar, while still being slowley nursed off becuase care denotes not an abrupt dump... you drive off others to keep away that over uncool smothering...
Line 1889: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: get older, see that everyone has one, want one
Line 1891: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and try to woe them in
Line 1903: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: with gifts... making them charmed or hope to charm with small nuacious they probably see as projects they can better facilitate care regiments toward
Line 1911: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: then when they affectionately want you you take them... and they keep coming back but you try to drive them off with small things to keep them off your back
Line 1921: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: before they eventually see you as getting old, you try to draw others in
Line 1927: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and thus the afore mentioned care relationsip starts
Line 1947: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: with them suffocating pooring themselves into improving those nuiances
Line 1963: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: before as I said energy drain retreating with a seeya...leaving
Line 1977: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: but that was the explanation I was given
Line 1985: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: yes... fatigued, caring hearts need and take as well
Line 1987: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: atleast by my understanding
Line 2015: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: its more of a tactical retreat to an abandoned girlfriends house where they pour out thier pains and project woes and butter each other up or go out for beers and some times aethestic aquisitons
Line 2037: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I get that if I am found out sharing this most of the sort will sadly be irced repeat it in a snoty voice in my resthoom flick the lights off and leave me there with no comforts
Line 2071: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: aside from my bed which i grow to discomfort, a book in large print with magnified eye specticles and a walker handy and an alert bracelet that beeps everytime I get up to use the john on my own
Line 2095: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and if so determined my heart is critical they badger me to a hospital pump me full of meds that make me more miserable than I was laying in bed
Line 2101: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: so...
Line 2111: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: untill I complain enough and they just put me on hospice
Line 2113: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: we call that life... becuase I gotta tell ya..
Line 2119: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: it happens to them too
Line 2133: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: atleast by my observations
Line 2147: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: but much like the armiore in the lion the witch and wardrobe
Line 2155: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: we all put on long clothes in life...
Line 2161: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: walk in to worlds of fantasy, with danger, emerge triumph
Line 2165: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and have to eventually hang them up for younger generations to try
Line 2193: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: in my theory its a circular emergence to which you put the clothes on, hang them up, they put he clothes on, hang them up... eventually you end up right back there learning exploring again
Line 2199: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: as if for the first time
Line 2207: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: but thats my theory on CS lewis narnia world
Line 2225: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I have his space series
Line 2233: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: have it in the queue of books to read to the dolls
Line 2251: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: if I can survive the narnia world
Line 2275: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: oh hmm... well the opium dens were kind a dark thing
Line 2305: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: well there was the elimination of the Office of germanies political system known as the kaiser
Line 2313: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: the election of the nazis party as the dominating party
Line 2321: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: some say it brewed from depression that ravoked the european contineant harder than americas
Line 2337: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: allowing for Hitlers party to capitolize on racial sentiments and policies already festering the mases
Line 2401: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: the premise of a make america great again worries me sort of like an early nazis party movement
Line 2411: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: but thats something that may not stem in to same affect
Line 2441: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: well they got me on dopemine reduction and a side clause also reduces seratoin
Line 2455: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: so naturally I have history
Line 2467: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: of mental illness
Line 2477: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: but... I watched a clip of protestors that were loosing their hair at a mental health ward becuase they refused to eat...
Line 2483: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and after some fell out they pulled it out
Line 2485: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: they were nerved gassed sad clip
Line 2489: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I was nautious last night watching it
Line 2493: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I thought I was slipping in to a death camp
Line 2513: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I know I do not desire at all to be omnipitant
Line 2533: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: there are somethings I do not wish to fabricate and entirety it not one
Line 2611: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: there is some parts of the world you take for its structure... and structure is there to me becuase it is safer to remain in the given than it is to loose rigidity and slip into a fanstasy so great
Line 2617: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you never reemerge or slide into a realm so deep you loose the ability to reason
Line 2641: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: creativity is acceptable in bounds or trips of saftey
Line 2651: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: the saying goes "the lord is the rock to which I cling"
Line 2657: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and he is my rock
Line 2659: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: becuase not only is that something of a shelter
Line 2697: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: it gives you the ability to sustain you from complete totat loss to all that is known and a refuge to the weak who rest awaiting transversgence
Line 2707: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: in time the rock becomes a metaphor of the laws of existance
Line 2725: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: which gives you a refrence and compass to return to that saftey we call our shepparding home from which we were born
Line 2729: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: no body its metaphor
Line 2733: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: *budy
Line 2735: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: think of the rock to reality
Line 2741: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: think to your life you started
Line 2747: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: an how you were craddled held after a tears
Line 2755: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and how much like a storm she craddled and rocked you
Line 2761: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: that women, your mother also your father and all who held you
Line 2771: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: was a rock that sheppard you like flock to be raised and nurtuerd untill your broken wings could mend
Line 2789: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you do not want to loose sight of reality or when you tripp out and fall off in creative exploration you often are damaged badly
Line 2797: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: sometimes so badly you almost fall right into oblivion
Line 2821: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: Hirst... what I speak of has brought me to comfort zones... saftey zones for the tired and weak those grow and expand the rock reveals new bounds
Line 2833: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you explore the point is... that verse is much like craddle that expands as you develop it is a stringent planed existance where if you progress too fast you can be irrepably damaged
Line 2837: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you take tips see ridges and ledges... you weclme other birds to refuge
Line 2847: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: help their wings mend... grow up to be strong birds
Line 2857: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: take to the sky... and remain part of a bigger rock expanse we call existance
Line 2861: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you go out too far.. you try to be omnipitant...
Line 2863: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: too creative too fast you burn out
Line 2879: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: steps... ridges... the very journey is long and bountless... but there are some places some birds dare not fly until they've learned to safetly flock
Line 2887: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: parenting
Line 2903: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: that is the begining of you learning to sheppard a flock... and a great boundry and taskforce shepparding you
Line 2919: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: The Lord gave you a start he showed you ledges.. it was rock you always clung... he sent the other birds to give to help you mend, grow and when it was time he used them and other directive to show
Line 2927: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you new ledges, outcroppings, ridges, and expansions to that rock you never saw before
Line 2935: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: like i said its a metaphor
Line 2943: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and to your mother and all who held you as a babe you clung.. and they did too
Line 2947: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: they govenerned you like a Lord
Line 2951: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: a house before a temple
Line 2953: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and raised you
Line 2961: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: a family
Line 2969: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: with a directive guide to take to places of bountless journies some very dangerous to the eager exploreer
Line 2977: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and thus difficult to get there
Line 2983: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: the offlimits till I can help you survive
Line 3017: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: Vulcan mentored like a strong bird to planet Earth during its hasteful journey to climb to warp travel
Line 3023: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and explore before it was time
Line 3029: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: like I said... metaphor
Line 3067: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: think of yourself as a flock of sheep being leed by a crook and rood... or think of yourself as birds tending each others tired wings sunning themself on rocky cliffs
Line 3093: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you have a relation there as to why sheppards that tend sheep who are sheppards themselves often paint that image of teamwork
Line 3105: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: birds catching food for the young...
Line 3113: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: no mind you gulls sometimes fight
Line 3119: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: *now mind you gulls times fight
Line 3129: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: sure
Line 3137: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you missed the point
Line 3163: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: think of turtles swimming stokes and carying each on each others backs
Line 3171: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: if thats more of a relation to you
Line 3197: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: or just about any group of animals that gathers together for collective parenting and shared unity
Line 3207: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I also painted you a picture of yourself
Line 3215: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: being held by loved ones
Line 3217: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: metaphors
Line 3225: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: to help you understand the rock to which you cling
Line 3237: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and existance as that rock created
Line 3249: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: that sheppards you outward to new ridges, challenges and undertakings
Line 3265: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: but mostly encourages you not to leap to quickly
Line 3285: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: lest you remember the frog without temperature governing leaping next to the fire and into the flame
Line 3315: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: but in time it can emerge to new points of reaching that understanding
Line 3323: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and when it time that ocean veil is lifted
Line 3337: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and it puts up a good swim
Line 3345: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: thus I cling to my rock... my understanding
Line 3353: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: knowing that I not have the care to be omnipitant
Line 3357: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: nor create a universe of myself
Line 3381: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: but wait until its time that my wings are mended and I can take to new places adding that to my map of that once thought small rock
Line 3391: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: a new greator rock
Line 3401: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and I'll be flying free, not with out risk or danger
Line 3415: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: but able to visit those bold places to some, going boldy so
Line 3421: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: seeking out new journies
Line 3423: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: new places
Line 3439: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: in discovery of many things that when I was first born I ached in terror just becuase I was too far from the only carying hearts
Line 3445: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I had known
Line 3459: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you may have missed the point... I tried to relay it in metaphors
Line 3465: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: animals of many regions of the earth... and in general animals
Line 3471: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: peoples
Line 3473: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: star trek
Line 3477: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and federation policies
Line 3481: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: it is... a bountiful universe of possibilities
Line 3499: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: when you are ready you may one day reach a place like thought and time and space are merely woven to the travelers ambitions
Line 3515: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: untill that time you might need to learn to control what you think
Line 3645: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: the one that pops up when you scan?
Line 3661: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I kind of was hoping you could alter that with an equipment selection
Line 3679: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: in early introductions of guest stars you would have science teams with their own designs... much that led me to beleive that it was all fabricated by the sceince team and/or the character
Line 3861: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: So if Q took the form of a prophetical parent mocking the Entprise D as the child race they seeming were... that makes Picard disconcerted about loosing privlidges to the galaxy... proving humanity
Line 3865: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: was old enough to do things they had explored
Line 3877: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: under penalty... of restriction
Line 3889: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and most certainly temperatantrum
Line 3891: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: or melt down
Line 3901: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: the this isn't a game "Q"...
Line 3907: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: well that was a structured learning enviorionment
Line 3917: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: potential to learn something that might greatly improve humanities growth
Line 3925: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and most certantly pentalty boxed return requires severity to teach lessons
Line 3931: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: even if you eventually do get to go back at it again
Line 3935: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: well there you go
Line 3941: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: The Q are a nurturuing parenting species thats been out there
Line 3997: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: its a countless seqence of play areas of growth exploration, and difficulty with consequences
Line 4001: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and the Q are at one end of development and we are much like children needing that kind of babysitting
Line 4021: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: Odd when Picard was noting babysitting Q thought it was cute
Line 4027: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: which shows on that perspective how much a differnece it is... I think Q probably grows tired
Line 4035: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: has to pack up and in frustration almost walks out on the endevor a bunch
Line 4037: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: but... the continuum keeps him in check
Line 4043: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: in a sense its parenting of a contiuum like the babysitters club
Line 4049: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: or which Q plays the nany to who
Line 4059: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I would imagine there is a grandparenting in there somewhere
Line 4071: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and that... is a puzzling thing
Line 4081: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: but mostly when you get that stage I think you want species like the Q continuum to figure it out
Line 4099: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: atleast from what I've seen in human involvment of grandparenting
Line 4105: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and there is some restrictions
Line 4115: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: and you know very well what the continuum box was like
Line 4137: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: so you keep getting back to work on trying to progress your Picards along
Line 4167: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: the mind your p's, mind your q's watch out for the grand parents but they most keep q's and there by p's in check
Line 4185: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I am composite jonathan
Line 4231: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: I think you might think of G's as almost your omnipitants
Line 4239: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: The Grands or Greats
Line 4243: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: the Grands or greats...
Line 4247: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: you do not probably see them
Line 4253: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: they stay out of it and send the Q's
Line 4257: [3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: who work with your Prodigals like a Picard

This dude is going on like this every single time I go to ESD.

[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: arcos

[3/21] [Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: what is two plus three

[3/21] [Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: prove you arent a bot

[3/21] [Zone #13] Mach_Destroyer@Arcos: 5

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I first noticed him about a week ago, and yeah, he's on at pretty much all times it seems, just doing whatever that is. At first I thought he was doing some weird-rear end RP thing, but then it turned into some weird philosophical poo poo a couple days ago, and every now and then he responds directly to players or interjects himself into conversations for a bit.

SOB
Mar 24, 2016

Coq au Nandos posted:

He's answering questions in a lot of detail. I have no idea if this StarTrekker guy is a goon or not and apologies if he is, but Spartan was pretty clear about not being able to talk about unannounced changes or speculation. Dude hosed up.

Yeah, myself and a few others screwed up there a bit. We'd missed that he'd wanted only mechanics questions, and had a bunch of stuff pre-typed about the balance pass in general.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

SOB posted:

Yeah, myself and a few others screwed up there a bit. We'd missed that he'd wanted only mechanics questions, and had a bunch of stuff pre-typed about the balance pass in general.

Oh hey, you are a goon! That's good, I really enjoy your stobuilds posts and was feeling dirty for crossing the streams and enjoying something on Reddit.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
If it was a crime to enjoy reading r/legaladvice we'd all be hosed.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
r/legaladvice is a gift from the gods. There really is no other explanation.

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011
Bleh, I'm having little luck in discerning which gen is the "Collect Rewards" button on the duty officer completed jobs tab. I'm assuming it's a little more complicated than most just 'cause there can be multiple copies of the button on the same window... but I'm pretty sure it's been done in the past before.

Who here was the big UI guru back in the day?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Cyntalan posted:

Who here was the big UI guru back in the day?

Pulse, say his name three times in chat to summon him.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
hey
hey
hey
hey
hey
hey
'sup

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Hey man

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
Meanwhile on the official forum...

sezmosis posted:

I want you to put me on your ignore lists. All of you. Block me on steam and arc client. I want to be perma banned from these here forums as well, because you gamers are toxic **** holes. I am done with the community. Your opinions on this are not required, all I need from you is to put me on ignore and report this post. Ignore me in game @sezmosis. Thanks and good bye scumbags.
The thread got closed, but he wasn't banned, so of course he tried again.

sezmosis posted:

Broke all your rules and yet here I set unbanned and unfettered to mess with the idiots in this forum. Hurry up moderator and do your job. Perma ban me. Also all you people put me on block and ignore in game @sezmosis, add to ignore and then go to he ll.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Punish me daddy

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
:getin:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fakemirage posted:

Meanwhile on the official forum...

The thread got closed, but he wasn't banned, so of course he tried again.

It's funny how when they aren't blaming Dental for the color of the moon or something crazy those people are perfectly capable of acting like lunatics all by themselves anyway.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've been meaning to bring up the moon subject lately. How about something in the middle of the blue/green spectrum like teal or turquoise?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pretty sure green cheese is canon, philistine.

Kosmicka Ljubav
Nov 6, 2013
Woah, much changed during these 3 years, are ds9, drozana still places for pubies and rage?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Kosmicka Ljubav posted:

Woah, much changed during these 3 years, are ds9, drozana still places for pubies and rage?
Drozana is pretty much dead. DS9 will see some role players at Quarks every now and again, but it's far from packed.

Marquisnoir can usually be found on Risa, if you want to stop by and say hi.

Kosmicka Ljubav
Nov 6, 2013
drat, good old times. Ahh, I remember her! She is still alive then, despite her drinking problem. Is SFD fleet alive, if yes, @chupavi90.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
SFD is alive during events and new "content" releases. We generally keep her on life support otherwise.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Kosmicka Ljubav posted:

drat, good old times. Ahh, I remember her! She is still alive then, despite her drinking problem. Is SFD fleet alive, if yes, @chupavi90.

The most promising recruit the academy has ever produced returns. Kosmicka, go to Risa. You will find her there.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
Can I channel invite for Il Cane@finalshowdown, please?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
Now there's a guy complaining about his foundry exploits being removed under the header of INCOMPETENCY THY NAME IS CRYPTIC on the forum.
What's going on here. :psyduck:

Pioneer42 posted:

Can I channel invite for Il Cane@finalshowdown, please?
I've sent you a channel invite, instructions are in the op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10445563-the-allied-escort-bundle%21

tl;dr: Cryptic's giving escorts a new eighth "heavy weapon" slot, launching alongside a new trio of ships. Kind of like how secondary deflectors came along with the dyson science ships. Probably a good thing really, cruisers and sciboats have gotten numerous functionality buffs but escorts have been left behind for ages now.

• Locked thread