Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SomethingJones posted:

Foundry 42 UK
May 2016

- "Romulo has been doing the player refactor and moving armour over to the new Item 2.0"

How the gently caress do you refactor the player? Are they breaking into people's homes and giving them stem cell treatments now?

I'm sorry to anyone who knows anyone, but these are not developers talking. I no longer buy the whole “the devs are trying, but Chris is stupid” narrative. They're all incompetent, clueless, amateur, charlatans playing pretend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

They reversed the probation?

Oh man, first their attempt at scamming is called out, now they back pedal on punishments.

Hey unpaid intern reading this, how many angry emails from croatia did you get today?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
http://i.imgur.com/X9u98N6.gifv

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Lime Tonics posted:

Oh man, first their attempt at scamming is called out, now they back pedal on punishments.

Hey unpaid intern reading this, how many angry emails from croatia did you get today?

:gary:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/3n0sfpq.gifv

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Lime Tonics posted:

:laffo:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/794641902683488256

:eyepop:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/354105/individual-sc-ships-now-officially-available-at-discounted-prices/p4

The wheels are finally coming off the space bus. Let's all try to stay calm as Star Citizen comes to the exciting final stages.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
its pretty funny that COD, the thing CR bashed from the start, just killed his dream

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I feel like the fresh cash sales pretty much confirms their funding charts are bullshit and they likely include melting or whatever as new money.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Action stations, action stations! Set condition one throughout the ship. This is not a drill.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Kakarot posted:

its pretty funny that COD, the thing CR bashed from the start, just killed his dream

i mean, literally everyone is making GBS threads on IW and it's getting completely hammered with bad reviews, refunds are flyin' and spergs are cryin'

wait how is this different from star citizen

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

nightwisher posted:

i mean, literally everyone is making GBS threads on IW and it's getting completely hammered with bad reviews, refunds are flyin' and spergs are cryin'

Nobody spent over $30,000 on IW.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

nightwisher posted:

EA screwed up from bundling it with the modern warfare remaster(cant get it separately) which is the reason a lot of people are giving it bad reviews, just look at the steam page, they have <1hr played etc.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

AP posted:

Action stations, action stations! Set condition one throughout the ship. This is not a drill.

Yeah, this is all going very well, think I've finally found the bit of games development that I really enjoy.

:munch:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Patently false.
Nothing can lift Ben.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

To save people the effort of viewing BL's favorite poem, here it is:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
We're having sex tonight,
Because I'm stronger than you, jew.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Star Citizen: Please Consider me Alienated

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Sabreseven posted:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Because sex is called food.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

More on Knowledge/Skill based economies and movable boxes.

quote:

While you are correct, and I agree, lets put this in perspective. Let's talk Logistics. Loading/unloading a Hull was originally sold as something very skill based. You had to not only keep the ships balanced, but in the case of multiple stops, you had to keep the next stop accessible. The job of Loadmaster was supposed to be a sought out job as the logistics of of loading a ship is actually not something everyone can wrap their brain around (most can't, you need to be able see space in your head before even touching a single box.).

People threw fits (and still are). How dare they make loading skill based? How dare they make it something they can't do afk with alt? How dare they make it last more then one tenth of second?

BAM! Loading is now automated, except for a few places, and it's Tetris Online...something a 5 year old can do...because people want a skill based game...until it's a skill they don't have. And only a few of us have the natural skills for Logistics. When you take something like hauling and remove any Logistical skills from it, there is no hauler occupation, just alts afk flying everywhere, and those of us who wanted something unique move on to other things becuase anyone can and is doing it by themselves.

The only skill needed is how many alts can run at one time to maximize profit. Nealy every game with industry has been quickly dragged down to that. No skill involved, just how many alts can you manipulate to run a shipping fleet, or a alt factory, or a trading conglomerate. Alt'ing and Google-foo is not a skill, but in industrial gaming, it's the only barrier to success. Im hoping SC will be different. Logisitics has kinda soured me a bit, but still hopefull.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7207174/#Comment_7207174

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,

Haha :bravo:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sabreseven posted:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,

quote:

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

Reads like something I'd cheer myself up with if I'd hosed up and been sidelined while working for some right arseholes.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'll say it again, ortwin leaving means there isn't a single dollar more to be squeezed out of this shitfight. i'll honestly be impressed if they limp to june at this point. the morons are extremely uppity.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

i'll say it again, ortwin leaving means there isn't a single dollar more to be squeezed out of this shitfight. i'll honestly be impressed if they limp to june at this point. the morons are extremely uppity.
Agree.

Also, Ben is fat.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

AP posted:

Reads like something I'd cheer myself up with if I'd hosed up and been sidelined while working for some right arseholes.

Agreed, it's basically "cheer up you rotund berk you could drop any day now" in long drawn out, pep talk, poetic style.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Roses are red, violets are blue, I bought Cheesecake Factory for me and you.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ghostlight posted:

Roses are red, violets are blue, I bought Cheesecake Factory for me and you.

:3:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/98985101?t=53m10s

:gary:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/98985101?t=67m40s

AP fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 5, 2016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Thoatse posted:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
We're not having sex tonight,
Because you spent the kids college fund on loving space ships.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
holy poo poo its happening lol

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Tane

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm just speechless lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/98985101?t=71m50s

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/98985101?t=86m25s

35 minutes of Star Citizen. He starts really happy, gets the drop on a guy but gets shot, does it again and dies again, starts trash talking another guy about being "good", drops to 1-2 FPS, moans and exits game, tries to load again but game fails to load, moans some, gets the drop on another guy but ends up dead again.

Seems to be in a bad mood now.

AP fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 5, 2016

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

In a space game where the only functioning gameplay mechanic is buying jpegs, a jpeg sale is what's bringing the whole thing down.

And in spite of all the obvious bullshittery that's happened over the years, the tipping point is that my exclusive jpegs are now slightly less exclusive and that's not fair. The community is great.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Wrecked Angle posted:

It doesn't even make any sense. If these are AI driven then why aren't they just heading for the first vacant chair and avoiding the whole bumping into each other bit altogether? Yet again their dedication to 'fidelity' has produced something completely unnatural looking.

Because the bottom left space is probably first position on the list in the space-table's data structure. It is easier to get the first valid element in a list than it is to iterate through the list, calculate the absolute distance between each element and select the valid position with the shortest distance.

Surely they are demonstrating a WIP and have already fixed it, but it's CIG so you never know. I'm sure if you were working on it and not thinking about it too hard, you'd go with the first solution before realising what a dumb mistake you've made.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Your spaceships as fake
As my love for you.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I know someone says this every time, but goddamn this is just the worst gameplay.

e: tax
http://i.imgur.com/0xNxbrm.gifv

lazorexplosion fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 5, 2016

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

AP posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/98985101?t=71m50s

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/98985101?t=86m25s

Starts really happy, gets the drop on a guy but gets shot, does it again and dies again, starts trash talking another guy about being "good", drops to 1-2 FPS, moans and exits game, tries to load again but game fails to load, moans some, gets the drop on another guy but ends up dead again.

Seems to be in a bad mood now.

Thank you for these AP. Watching this nerd meltdown on twitch like this is amazing. If it was me I would have lost my poo poo after one hour. This makes like hour 900 for him. Poor bastard.

Be careful for what you wish for I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Chin posted:

That's so poo poo I looked up the official twitch stream to verify it was real. Very silly of me because it's CIG so of course it's real.

wait a minute... this is new footage???

• Locked thread