Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Lord Stimperor posted:

I'm not sorry for my lovely meme

And once again, things are far worse than Dyatlov wants to admit.

Edit-

Zazz Razzamatazz fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

SoftNum posted:

I bet an artisan society is closer to agile than waterfall.... if they through about such things at all.

I don't know about artisans specifically, but during the Roman empire, I would imagine all large scale projects had to be run on a strict waterfall methodology, just because physical travel and information updates were so drat slow. A one way trade trip from different parts of the empire could take months.

skeletors_condom fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 9, 2019

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

skeletors_condom posted:

I don't know about artisans specifically, but during the Roman empire, I would imagine all large scale projects had to be run on a strict waterfall methodology, just because physical travel and information updates where so drat slow. A one way trade trip from different parts of the empire could take months.

Yeah, but once the pipelines were in place, development speed increased exponentially. Unless a courier broke his wrist.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

Future stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24OXzIRIiMQ&t=169s

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Scruffpuff posted:

Unless a courier broke his wrist.

Ahh the good old days when CIG made up ludicrous excuses for delays. Instead of the current "eat poo poo and ask for more" approach.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

:golfclap:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

:bisonyes:

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

So how will citizens react to Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk 2077?

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

Hazamuth posted:

So how will citizens react to Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk 2077?

That's just a tier 0 actor. They have Hamill, Oldman and Gardiner. Checkmate, goonie.

e: Just saw Cyberpunk 2077 has a release date set at 04/2020. Given CDPRs track record it could be working out, give or take a few weeks. And the best thing is: You just buy the drat game for 60 bucks and that's it. If it sucks, well, too bad, 60 bucks wasted. If not, great.

ggangensis fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 9, 2019

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

ggangensis posted:

That's just a tier 0 actor. They have Hamill, Oldman and Gardiner. Checkmate, goonie.

e: Just saw Cyberpunk 2077 has a release date set at 04/2020. Given CDPRs track record it could be feasible. And the best thing is: You just buy the drat game for 60 bucks and that's it. If it sucks, well, too bad, 60 bucks wasted. If not, great.

Also it's a game.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

Scruffpuff posted:

Also it's a game.

Yeah, good point.
Everything thats more of a game than that CryEngine GarrysChris' Mod wins by default in my book.

Also: I think I'll start another Witcher 3 playthrough. It has good story telling, something we certainly won't see in SQ42.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ggangensis posted:

e: Just saw Cyberpunk 2077 has a release date set at 04/2020. Given CDPRs track record it could be working out, give or take a few weeks. And the best thing is: You just buy the drat game for 60 bucks and that's it. If it sucks, well, too bad, 60 bucks wasted. If not, great.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when Chris watches the latest Cyberpunk 2077 teaser...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIcTM8WXFjk

Edit: RIP any hope of holidays or reasonable work weeks for the forseeable future, CIG devs

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when Chris watches the latest Cyberpunk 2077 teaser...

LOL. How long until Crobbers starts selling jpegs of cybernetic implants?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Is this also one of those talktotransformer.com texts?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

I reinstalled eve. I'd forgotten what it was to play a good space game.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Edit: RIP any hope of holidays or reasonable work weeks for the forseeable future, CIG devs
Thank Chris though, their lovely community understands game development better than anyone, so they should be able to help out with the dark times ahead.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Scruffpuff posted:

Yeah, but once the pipelines were in place, development speed increased exponentially. Unless a courier broke his wrist.

Sorry pal, you were basing this on only four studios.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I wonder who is President in the good timeline, and when our universes diverged. Sometime back in the eighties I'm guessing. I hope everything else is just as good for you, Earth-2 cousins :unsmith:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5LaYTtIkag

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ngl it’s extremely funny that the first I’ve heard of tojal being a phrenology-believing weirdo comes straight from his mouth.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Quavers fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 10, 2019

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Neltharak posted:

I reinstalled eve. I'd forgotten what it was to play a good space game.

What was the game?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ggangensis posted:

Or i could spend $600 bucks now and maybe not get anything in the future.

Decisions, decisions.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Hav posted:

What was the game?

Silpheed

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Rotten Red Rod posted:

So what you're saying is our present is basically Biff's 2015 from BttF2, but without the holograms or dehydrated pizzza
Biff's future 2015 presidency was explicitly modeled on the then-fanciful idea of a Trump presidency.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Ghostlight posted:

Biff's future 2015 presidency was explicitly modeled on the then-fanciful idea of a Trump presidency.

So you're saying we can still fix this.

https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/302281/dmc-delorean-2019-comeback

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

/r/StarCitizen: "me: where are my deliveries that i spent 2 hours collecting? SC: gone, reduced to atoms"

:magical:

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

ggangensis posted:

The great thing is you can also cancel your pre-order(if you do that sort of thing) and get your money back if for any reason it turns out Cyberpunk 2077 isn't the game for you.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Well yeah duh everyone knows you don't land on the pads because they instantly despawn your ship, eliminating all the things inside. Also you don't land near the pads because the same thing will happen. So basically any delivery mission on a planet is an automatic fail unless you bring a second person with you to keep the ship running.

Don't you understand it's an alphaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oh wait this bug has been present for over a year

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

Well yeah duh everyone knows you don't land on the pads because they instantly despawn your ship, eliminating all the things inside. Also you don't land near the pads because the same thing will happen. So basically any delivery mission on a planet is an automatic fail unless you bring a second person with you to keep the ship running.

Don't you understand it's an alphaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oh wait this bug has been present for over a year

I love how if this was any other game such a suggestion would be met with outright hostility, but in cult land it’s just another helpful post

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

drat that was good. It's like Neuromancer in video game form.

I am guessing this is not a IRL in-game engine rendering (looks way too good).

Roberts will definitely be making GBS threads himself when he watches it. :smuggo:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReDDgFfWlS4

Begun, the Fidelity War has.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Star Citizen looks like crap compared to almost any modern AAA game and worse than even some games that came out in 2012/2013. All of the talk of fidelity is complete bullshit. The only reason it has ridiculous hardware requirements is that it is an unoptomised mess.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:argh::cop:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

not delivering the product is actual theft.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Agony Aunt posted:

Was it a cereal convention?

It was the "Fyre Festival , I was scammed" get together.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Agony Aunt posted:

I've never understood those who say there will be so much content you can stay on a single plaent for ages. I mean, even if that becomes true, its a space game, about flying spaceships. I want to be flying through space.

Seriously, what don't you get??????
The design for this game has moved on.
The majority of the backers voted for the changes.
You're living in the past man.
Have a break for a year or so, then come back.
If you don't like this new direction, just get a refund.
It's only Alpha you know.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Lord Stimperor posted:

It's certainly a safe space in the sense that I haven't received unwanted dickpics from the dick wolf yet

You're just lucky that I'm not a platinum user.
Not only would your inbox be overflowing with Dick pics, but they'd be closely followed by Jane pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

skeletors_condom posted:

CIG should sell their customizer to real world car companies:

https://clips.twitch.tv/UgliestInnocentSoymilkPeoplesChamp

Courtesy of SC Relay.

Maybe he should stop going to Tata Motors website and try a decent car manufacturers car configurator, like Aston Martin ?