Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Are you from Baltimore?

Anyway, karma strikes me deliciously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Oh wow, thats awesome! :D

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

LODGE NORTH posted:

Are you from Baltimore?

Anyway, karma strikes me deliciously.

Hopefully they actually do get a shipment in.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
ANYWAYS, I also have a mew code if anyone wants it

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
How much do you want for it?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
one MILLION dollars!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
But seriously, I have no use for it and was going to give it to the first one who wanted it, but for you since you are asking about a price..... ten bucks. (btw anyone is free to claim it)

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

the invisible hand of the market.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

But seriously, I have no use for it and was going to give it to the first one who wanted it, but for you since you are asking about a price..... ten bucks. (btw anyone is free to claim it)

i want mew

baram. fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 21, 2016

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

:yikes:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharktamer posted:

How much do you want for it?

omg shut up

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Meldonox posted:

So to shift things toward getting a good deal, what kinda price should a guy look for these days if he's in the market to upgrade to an N3DS XL? I know they were around $175 on Amazon the other day, but I wasn't sure if that was a great deal since CamelCamelCamel says they were $158 within the past six months, plus Costco keeps doing deals for around $190 with a charger and a game I could probably hock on eBay for $20-30.

Any tips? I've been kicking myself for a year for not getting the MH4U bundle.

Meldonox posted:

Normally I go for new. I would've considered one of the Nintendo refurbs, but they're only $5 cheaper than that $175 mark.

Waiting for the next $175 on Amazon may be my best bet since I have a little gift card balance, really. That and/or finding a place online that will price match Amazon but won't collect sales tax like Amazon does.

Don't know if anyone else responded to you yet or not, but I will sell you my N3DS XL black NA model for $125 (no charger) if you can hold out until Saturday, since that's when my Pokemon 20th Anniversary one arrives.

Edit: IT'S MARKET VALUE!

Branch Nvidian fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 21, 2016

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
wow I'm actually nostalgic for the days of noirestronaut wtg poo poo posters

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

This entire thread just had its taint reaped.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

baram. posted:

the invisible hand of the market.

i want mew

Sent you it in a PM :)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fire Emblem is very good. I'm playing Birthright and like it enough to probably get the rest

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Sent you it in a PM :)

received and redeemed. i didn't even get charged!

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

ImpAtom posted:

To be honest in the final scheme of things it's a fairly minor problem. The game is available digitally or in individual portions that you can purchase the other part digitally for a discount. And while having a totally physical version is an understandable desire you still can't because the final path is DLC, not included on the combined cart AFAIK. It still sucks that it's a thing but it just amounts to "you have to buy two routes digitally instead of one."

No, this is incorrect. The JP special edition only included two versions, the US one includes all three, so you also get Revelations three weeks early.

Reason #238,826 why Nintendo releasing five copies that went to scalpers in two seconds was a loving horrible decision

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

baram. posted:

received and redeemed. i didn't even get charged!

Good, I'm glad :) Congrats on your new mew!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The best scalping story was the dude that bought a bunch of WiiU's at launch then had to return them all because there were, uh, more than enough to go around

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

thorsilver posted:

No, this is incorrect. The JP special edition only included two versions, the US one includes all three, so you also get Revelations three weeks early.

Reason #238,826 why Nintendo releasing five copies that went to scalpers in two seconds was a loving horrible decision

Isn't Revelations still a download code, though?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Isn't Revelations still a download code, though?

Revelation is straight up on the cart in the American LE. The Japanese LE had it as a download code, however.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

thorsilver posted:

i don't really think this is a very big deal since you should play revelations last anyway and these aren't short games

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Its just a part of my vocabulary. Why does it make you uncomfortable? :psyduck:

You should replace "hon" with "toots" you know drat well hon is only used by menopause Waffle House waitresses.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's also 'champ' which some people like to use when they're being internet puppetmasters

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

enojy posted:

You should replace "hon" with "toots" you know drat well hon is only used by menopause Waffle House waitresses.

curses you've found my secret identity toots :argh:

Besides, we are all friends here at the Something Awful Dot Com Forums, right? :glomp:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I don't really get the "help out the goon community!" thing but when you're atraightup like "I'm just trying to make money, I'm not doing anyone here any favors" it's not surprising when those people don't want to chat with you or laugh at your dumb jokes.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tender Bender posted:

I don't really get the "help out the goon community!" thing but when you're atraightup like "I'm just trying to make money, I'm not doing anyone here any favors" it's not surprising when those people don't want to chat with you or laugh at your dumb jokes.

I do get the goons-help-goons attitude and totally agreed on the second part. Friends don't charge friends scalper prices; you can't have it both ways and try to be all buddy-buddy while simultaneously price gouging. Like, let's say a friend had an extra ticket to a concert I want to see, and they try to charge me stubhub prices instead of just recouping what they paid? Not a friendly action, and I'd tell them to get stuffed.

Selling anything should go in SA Mart anyway.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Is anyone else getting the Mega Man Legacy Collection next week? I'm torn between getting it for 3DS or Steam (or both...)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

shaitan posted:

Is anyone else getting the Mega Man Legacy Collection next week? I'm torn between getting it for 3DS or Steam (or both...)

I am. Got the 3DS version + amiibo preordered from Amazon

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

jivjov posted:

I am. Got the 3DS version + amiibo preordered from Amazon

I didn't realize until today that it was coming out so soon. I'm gonna try and see if I can get a pre-order in at Best Buy to guarantee a copy since I see that Amazon is sold out.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Does the Mega Man collection put the games in 3D? I am supposing not but it would be pretty cool if it did.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Does the Mega Man collection put the games in 3D? I am supposing not but it would be pretty cool if it did.

From the reviews I read, the 3D was only in the menus if I recall. It is not a remade 3D classics like Kid Icarus got.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dang. I never considered they even could remake them in 3D and not it seems like a squandered opportunity.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Looper posted:

i don't really think this is a very big deal since you should play revelations last anyway and these aren't short games

Fair enough, it's a big deal to me though. I'm either gonna wait for a reprint of the SE or buy an eventual all-inclusive GOTY edition if they do one. My backlog's big enough to keep me going awhile anyways :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Detective No. 27 posted:

Dang. I never considered they even could remake them in 3D and not it seems like a squandered opportunity.

That would require Capcom putting effort into a game, and they haven't been big on that lately.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

thorsilver posted:

Fair enough, it's a big deal to me though. I'm either gonna wait for a reprint of the SE or buy an eventual all-inclusive GOTY edition if they do one. My backlog's big enough to keep me going awhile anyways :v:

Still waiting for the Oracles of Ages/Seasons GOTY edition.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Tae posted:

Still waiting for the Oracles of Ages/Seasons GOTY edition.

The Oracle games were loving fantastic. If anyone hasn't played them they really should because there was a ton of content if you owned both.

I just got the Fire Emblem NN3DS a couple days ago because I went to the nearby Gamestop shortly after opening, and the guy working there checked and they had one (of three) that wasn't being held on preorder. Seems like mine has a TN panel on top from what I can tell, but it also appears to be something that happens amongst some of them? It's not a huge deal though because if I hadn't read it somewhere I wouldn't have really even noticed.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Manky posted:

I do get the goons-help-goons attitude and totally agreed on the second part. Friends don't charge friends scalper prices; you can't have it both ways and try to be all buddy-buddy while simultaneously price gouging. Like, let's say a friend had an extra ticket to a concert I want to see, and they try to charge me stubhub prices instead of just recouping what they paid? Not a friendly action, and I'd tell them to get stuffed.

Selling anything should go in SA Mart anyway.

The coolest thing to do would to ask like $135 shipped on SA-mart. Seller makes like $40, buyer gets the special edition they really want or turns around to sell it on eBay anyway for another $40 in profit, win win (except for the eBay sucker.) If dude really needs the money, he should just go straight to eBay.

No need for all of you to jump on him because you understandably hate scalpers. He bought one copy to play and decided to go digital instead. Sure he's trying to make a buck off supply and demand, but it's not like he bought 10 copies with zero intent to play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Detective No. 27 posted:

The goal of the collection was to be as accurate as possible to the originals (down to sprite flicker, bugs and glitches, and a second different pause button for Mega Man 1). Adding 3D was never in the cards for that one.