Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Pvt.Scott posted:

Haha. Almost. My terrible girl was sad and lonely and tired of sleeping alone because her husband was in jail and her Sancho was married, so she never got to cuddle at night. Man I was retarded when I was 20.

did her husband practice santeria?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

54 40 or gently caress posted:

^^shameful display

She probably wasn't telling him she liked him, she was probably how much she likes him as a friend and he was too dumb to pick up on it

On Valentine's Day? Really?

Really?

minivanmegafun posted:

Maybe she wanted to have sex with two people in the same night? :shrug:

I bet this is it

It's like the much more depressing and cold hearted version of that story a couple of weeks ago where that guy went over to a girl's apartment on a Tinder hookup date and she invited another dude over in the world's most obvious threeway setup, which he somehow didn't pick up on, and then he apparently got super passive aggressive about some cliff bars and took off, which would have at least been a better way to handle the situation than sitting on the couch and waiting for Chad to finish up

Desperate Character posted:

this ones from r/tifu but it would fit in perfectly in r/relationships

quote:

Imported to know: My SO has been feeling pretty down lately and for the oddest reason it makes her laugh whenever she calls me and I answer with a stereotypical asian accent. You know like "a harro? Rike who is dis? Noo-dawls " Put emphasis on it, slap a sticker on it and call it a day. Makes her giggle a bit. She always calls from her office and I never save her number, I just recognize the area code, assume it's her and answer...the way I answer. This will be important later.
:laffo: I love when people get owned over casual racism

who the gently caress gets regular calls from their SO at a number and doesn't bother to put it in their phone? lol, he deserved this

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 15, 2017

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
This story is such a great thing because we don't even need to figure out if he's an unreliable narrator (they always are).

If he's telling the story as it pretty much happened, she's a ballsy one and he's a spineless coward for not just leaving.

If he didn't pick up on her "just friends" clues, he's the weirdo who interrupted that couple's valentine's night by staying.

Reddit: the only winning move is not to date.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Okay he gets to box her then. Fair is fair

It's all fun and games until someone gets thrown into cold, dirty bathtub water

Well remembered lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

There is absolutely no way she said that she liked him romantically, she almost certainly said that she liked him as a friend/brother.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Bubblyblubber posted:

This story is such a great thing because we don't even need to figure out if he's an unreliable narrator (they always are).

If he's telling the story as it pretty much happened, she's a ballsy one and he's a spineless coward for not just leaving.

If he didn't pick up on her "just friends" clues, he's the weirdo who interrupted that couple's valentine's night by staying.

Reddit: the only winning move is not to date.

quote:

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. But this happened about 2 hours ago. First let's start 3 days ago, I was talking to my crush, let's call her Susan, and we were discussing Valentine's Day plans. She mentioned that she didn't have anything going on so I joked with her and said I should come over with a couple bottles of wine and we can have our own valentines date since we both don't have valentines. She laughed and obligees saying "it would be great to spend valentines with a great guy." So i decide to go all out and get her favorite bath bomb scent, 2 bottles of good Cabernet, her favorite bathe scents, and a dozen roses.

I'm going to guess Derek is a FWB, or somebody she wishes was her boyfriend, and he just showed up on the doorstep.

She had plans with dopey nerd OP, but they were quickly abandoned when the real person she wanted to spend valentine's day with rolled in on a breeze

It's completely pathetic that he stayed and I don't know why he didn't just call an uber if he was too drunk to drive

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mirthless posted:

I'm going to guess Derek is a FWB, or somebody she wishes was her boyfriend, and he just showed up on the doorstep.

She had plans with dopey nerd OP, but they were quickly abandoned when the real person she wanted to spend valentine's day with rolled in on a breeze

It's completely pathetic that he stayed and I don't know why he didn't just call an uber if he was too drunk to drive

She was gonna gently caress OP if Derek was not available. One way or the other she was getting laid on valentines day, she is just cold af.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

She was gonna gently caress OP if Derek was not available.

No way. She would have cuddled with him at most.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

My first instinct was, they were really talking in there, but on second thought I was probably dumb and wrong.
Now I'm wondering if she's terrible or just completely and utterly clueless.

Yeah, "do you want to sleep beside me" makes it sound like OP was enitirely under the radar sex-wise.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I think she was down, actually. For sex.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Grevling posted:

My first instinct was, they were really talking in there, but on second thought I was probably dumb and wrong.
Now I'm wondering if she's terrible or just completely and utterly clueless.

Yeah, "do you want to sleep beside me" makes it sound like OP was enitirely under the radar sex-wise.

It would be pretty funny if it turned out Derek was a gay guy who just got dumped by his boyfriend and they really were just talking

Psycho Society posted:

yeah I agree, I am absolutely sure they would have had sex if he'd gone in and laid down with her, provided he actually made a move instead of hover handing her the whole night in petrified beta terror

Other possibility: She assumed OP was gay from the start

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 15, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"a great guy" is codeword for "You aren't getting laid."

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Psycho Society posted:

same

he should have enough self respect to not go after sloppy seconds but at the same time it's clear he doesn't have any self respect to begin with so maybe he should've stayed anyway?????

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

On third thought, yeah, maybe Derek was just a friend. Who know,s maybe they were talking about her and OP?

quote:

I come to the very easy conclusion that they're both having sex.

He was drunk and jealous. It doesn't say if it sounded like they were having sex, or if they smelled like sex afterwards. He could just be paranoid and insecure, thinking his crush is getting her cervix hammered every time he's looking the other way.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

If she actually intended to gently caress the OP, she's a goddamn idiot. I'm going to assume we've got an unreliable narrator.

"Oh, I just invited over my friend and we had to go have a "long talk" in my bedroom, now come on in, stud!"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Grevling posted:

On third thought, yeah, maybe Derek was just a friend. Who know,s maybe they were talking about her and OP?

He was drunk and jealous. It doesn't say if it sounded like they were having sex, or if they smelled like sex afterwards. He could just be paranoid and insecure, thinking his crush is getting her cervix hammered every time he's looking the other way.

Yeah after re-reading it I'm thinking more and more that this guy just assumed Derek and her were loving

Maybe she dodged a bullet with this one?

WampaLord posted:

If she actually intended to gently caress the OP, she's a goddamn idiot. I'm going to assume we've got an unreliable narrator.

"Oh, I just invited over my friend and we had to go have a "long talk" in my bedroom, now come on in, stud!"

:agreed:

And if they really were just talking it's a weird thing to do it in the middle of your valentine's date.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
anyone who doesn't date a redditor has dodged a bullet.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

WampaLord posted:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
don't schedule "friend dates" for valentines day no matter how lonely you are

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mirthless posted:

don't schedule "friend dates" for valentines day no matter how lonely you are

That's why I think she was hedging her bets, cause how many women really want to lead a dude on THAT much. It's one thing with the stupid "friend date" earlier in the thread, on the 14th of February it's another.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
There's definitely more to that story than included in that post.

Whatever happened, OP need to grow a spine and ask the girl what the hell that Derek thing was and if she's actually into him.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

"You're like a big brother to me"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WoodrowSkillson posted:

That's why I think she was hedging her bets, cause how many women really want to lead a dude on THAT much. It's one thing with the stupid "friend date" earlier in the thread, on the 14th of February it's another.

exactly

you can't coyly pretend you didn't know the romantic date on valentine's day was supposed to be a romantic date and actually be taken seriously imo

she was trying to have her cake and eat it too

Ouhei posted:

Whatever happened, OP need to grow a spine and ask the girl what the hell that Derek thing was and if she's actually into him.

^^^

And if she really did gently caress Derek, don't ever speak to her again so she understands the thing she did wasn't loving normal

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Ouhei posted:

He should have just asked her that night, but that would have made too much sense. Better lie down on the couch and feel sorry for yourself.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ride The Gravitron posted:

"You're like a big brother to me"

Now who wants to cuddle up for some just-friends spooning?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
You guys turned really quickly on this guy who was in an awkward situation.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

op should've smashed a bottle over derek's head while screaming the lyrics of the less i know the better

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Whorelord posted:

did her husband practice santeria?

I'm not the one who called the guy her Sancho, but it's possible that her husband was some sort of syncretic faith wizard.

Protip, former-Marine Mexican trucker girls with husbands in jail are craaaaazy.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pvt.Scott posted:

I'm not the one who called the guy her Sancho, but it's possible that her husband was some sort of syncretic faith wizard.

Protip, former-Marine Mexican trucker girls with husbands in jail are craaaaazy.

lol

1. former marine
2. trucker
3. husband in jail

i can see making the mistake of being friends with any one of these people, but somebody who hits all three?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Mirthless posted:

lol

1. former marine
2. trucker
3. husband in jail

i can see making the mistake of being friends with any one of these people, but somebody who hits all three?

Right? Technically an ex-trucker because she lost her license because of too many tickets, so she was working fast food until she could get back in the rig. That's where I met her. At work. I was kinda sorta dating a coworker.

Laugh it up everyone.

E: because it's hilarious

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 15, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pvt.Scott posted:

I was kinda sorta dating a coworker.

Were you?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Well, maybe? We hung out a lot and kissed a few times and she said she wanted to gently caress me at some point, but other than the weird sexual tension and me probably being her backup plan if poo poo went south with her Sancho and she needed a dick in her, no I don't think we were dating.

E: low self-esteem is a hell of a drug

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
[27, M] My wife [25, F] of 2 years is talking negatively about me in therapy sessions that I pay for. Should I stop letting her go?

quote:

I'll give a little background info to try and make things more clear here. My wife and I have been together almost 4 years, married for 2 now. She's very sweet and attractive and really a loving and great wife. She has some emotional issues though. Her father was disabled and really unpleasant and abusive towards her (both physical and emotionally) and she developed a kind of strange personality as a result. She has social anxiety to a degree but more than that she just has the issue of having little control over her depressive episodes.

So that issue made the work world difficult for her because she would sometimes break down crying at work or just kind of freeze up and stop functioning for a little bit. These episodes used to be pretty common but are a bit rarer now. I make pretty good money though and so we both agreed that I'd work and she'd be a housewife and eventually a stay at home mom.

So basically the arrangement we have now is that I work and make money and she does all the household chores and support tasks for me like running errands and things like that. She's been going to therapy since I could set enough money aside for it (she didn't have enough money before as her family was pretty poor and she was working very little).

I let her pick the therapist and all and she picked a woman. Well, yesterday my long held suspicion that this therapy = blaming your man for your problems was confirmed. My wife told me her therapist thinks I'm stunting her emotional growth by keeping her in the house all the time and she recommended that she take time to be with her friends more and to travel and pick up hobbies and all that.

The conversation we had didn't go over well yesterday. I told my wife we can travel but that she's not going without me. Then I told her that I didn't want her going to her therapist again if they're going to blame me for stuff.

I'm wondering what everyone thinks about this. I feel like if I let it continue then I'm basically paying some woman my own money to put it in my wife's mind that im doing her wrong over things we mutually agreed to. And now my wife wants to embark on some journey of self discovery, on my dime of course, and that's not going to happen. I may be coming off as sort of a jerk here but I am pretty upset about this issue. I feel like if anything I should be being praised for all I do to take care of my wife. tons of men would never let their wives go into therapy, much less pay for it themselves. So I at minimum want to make her gonto a new therapist, and a man this time.

So what do you think? Am I being reasonable here? My wife is currently upset with me over this but I don't think we have actual relationship problems because of it. Should I just go ahead and put my foot down and tell her therapist she's not coming anymore?

TL;DR:

Wife is a stay at home wife who attends therapy for her depression and other emotional issues.

I found out she and her therapist are talking negatively about me in some of their sessions.

I told my wife that we're going to get her a new therapist and she's upset about it with me.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

[27, M] My wife [25, F] of 2 years is talking negatively about me in therapy sessions that I pay for. Should I stop letting her go?

quote:

The conversation we had didn't go over well yesterday. I told my wife we can travel but that she's not going without me. Then I told her that I didn't want her going to her therapist again if they're going to blame me for stuff.

I'm wondering what everyone thinks about this. I feel like if I let it continue then I'm basically paying some woman my own money to put it in my wife's mind that im doing her wrong over things we mutually agreed to. And now my wife wants to embark on some journey of self discovery, on my dime of course, and that's not going to happen. I may be coming off as sort of a jerk here but I am pretty upset about this issue. I feel like if anything I should be being praised for all I do to take care of my wife. tons of men would never let their wives go into therapy, much less pay for it themselves. So I at minimum want to make her gonto a new therapist, and a man this time.

So what do you think? Am I being reasonable here? My wife is currently upset with me over this but I don't think we have actual relationship problems because of it. Should I just go ahead and put my foot down and tell her therapist she's not coming anymore?

only sort of a jerk, really, and who could blame you for any bitterness after being denied the husband of the year award you so richly deserve?

:murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This is exactly the plot to Mad Men.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Bah gawd woman, yer gonna see a proper fella who's an alienist, not one of those woman soothsayers!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Do I want to know what the reddit gestalt consciousness agrees on in the comments?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Mak0rz posted:

Do I want to know what the reddit gestalt consciousness agrees on in the comments?

In a nutshell:

"You're a huge controlling piece of poo poo and you should sit in on one of her therapy appointments so her therapist can rip into you, you garbage man, PS, you're married, it's her money too and if you're not careful you're going to find out how much of it belongs to her real soon"

The thread's been up for 20 minutes though just give MGTOW and TRP time to find the thread

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mirthless posted:

In a nutshell:

"You're a huge controlling piece of poo poo and you should sit in on one of her therapy appointments so her therapist can rip into you, you garbage man, PS, you're married, it's her money too and if you're not careful you're going to find out how much of it belongs to her real soon"

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

gently caress THIS GUY

quote:

i need this garbage man to be fake, for my own personal sanity