Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

What is that story with that Stockholm video? I watched the whole thing and It was just nice

they made a whole bunch after this one, honestly in the first one i dont think there were any police (just some mates in a volvo) just a driver and a car doing something that a lot of people wish they could. the ones after this one are more high risk check them out.

Motronic posted:

Yeah...the 993s takes about 3 gallons of oil and has some significant air-oil coolers. When they are worked for power one of the first things you have to do is add more air-oil coolers and increase the system volume.
So instead of coolant temperature you had oil temp, neat. had to been a pain in traffic.
I think i might combine my rally dream and a 911. :unsmigghh:

BigHouseOfBooty fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

BigHouseOfBooty posted:

they made a whole bunch after this one, honestly in the first one i dont think there were any police (just some mates in a volvo) just a driver and a car doing something that a lot of people wish they could. the ones after this one are more high risk check them out.

So instead of coolant temperature you had oil temp, neat. had to been a pain in traffic.
I think i might combine my rally dream and a 911. :unsmigghh:
Is it just a dude with a fast car driving and having fun with cameras attached to his car? That owns.

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is it just a dude with a fast car driving and having fun with cameras attached to his car? That owns.

the second one is insane, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYmyWkTGAIM

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I had my old Fastback up past an indicated 100, but I was too terrified to take my hands off the wheels to take a picture for proof.:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

That was sick. Is that the waste gate that's making all that noise in the Cosworth? Also that makes me want to go buy a Supra

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Those are some beautiful sounds.

Also, the fastest I went was an indicated 128 or so, before the car told me it wouldn't go any faster. I blame the stock tires, but it was an '02 Civic Si, so it wasn't terrifying. At least not as terrifying as watching the fuel gauge actually go down. What a weird experience that was.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

God drat. :stare:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Holdbrooks posted:

Uhhhh, that's my poo poo. Love slave is going on repeat in the car all week.

That explains a lot.

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

I had my old Fastback up past an indicated 100, but I was too terrified to take my hands off the wheels to take a picture for proof.:

It's amazing what a difference it makes to go fast in an old rattletrap/econobox versus something built for much higher speeds.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
Top speed chat: a 99 cobra's speedometer and tach both tip over at the same time in 4th gear

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
An '88 Familia (Australian delivery) does 3k rpm at 100km in fifth. Therefore, by that logic, I was doing 220km at 6600rpm, even though the speedo ran out a little while ago.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
balls out, the speedo said 130

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Goddamn, only $800 for an unsafe lane change and going 127% over the speed limit?

I overtook on double lines and only went 50% over the limit and I had to pay ~$870 for the privilege. PLUS the ~$520 for a mandatory driving test. Lucky fucker.

E: "Speeding assessments include a $50 head injury surcharge"? I assume this is if you go fast enough that the officer hurts his neck when trying to keep his eyes on you? :v:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 11, 2012

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...
"VIOLATOR COPY" just sounds... dirty.

Edit: I love that "unsafe lane change" is thrown in there. As if the doing 125 wasn't enough.

Fermunky fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 11, 2012

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I laughed out loud when I read "96 Camry" I hope you have a copy of that framed somewhere.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Bang Me Please posted:

balls out, the speedo said 130

Surprised he bothered to get someone who was doing 125-130.

Was this you? Hope you get your license back soon.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Das Volk posted:

I laughed out loud when I read "96 Camry" I hope you have a copy of that framed somewhere.

My dad still has the speeding ticket he got in a Fiat 600 back in the day. It's framed and hangs proudly above his workbench.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
"Speeding assessments include a $50 head injury surcharge"

The cops bill you for giving you a nightsticking at the side of the road? You guys need single-payer.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

KozmoNaut posted:

My dad still has the speeding ticket he got in a Fiat 600 back in the day. It's framed and hangs proudly above his workbench.

I wish I'd thought to keep the ticket I got at 14 years old. Clocked/paced at 53MPH in 35 zone. On a bicycle.

It was a very long downhill section on a racing bike. At that age I'd think nothing of biking 70miles across the county to eat lunch with friends or go to the beach. 100+ mile days were common. I wish I was in the same shape now.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

some texas redneck posted:

Friend used to have a 73 Nova coupe with a built 350 (I have no idea what parts were actually in it, but it ran mid 12s on street tires, with a full interior and working a/c).

We managed to break the speedometer one night on I-10. No loving idea how fast we were going, but the tach was pegged (8000 rpm tach).

Ah, to be young and incredibly loving stupid again.

We got a friend's Monte Carlo north of 100MPH on a road that had a HUGE drop when it crossed West Little York. It was both glorious and terrifying when that car left the pavement, followed by completely terrifying when it crashed back to Earth. Bottomed out on all four corners, sparks, horrible noises.

It never really drove right after that.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

juche mane posted:

Surprised he bothered to get someone who was doing 125-130.

Was this you? Hope you get your license back soon.

Yeah it was mine. Its from 2004 and was my first ticket ever. I lost my license 3 years later for more speeding tickets (all highway) and haven't gotten a ticket since 2009. Still have the car and drive it every day.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Bang Me Please posted:

Yeah it was mine. Its from 2004 and was my first ticket ever. I lost my license 3 years later for more speeding tickets (all highway) and haven't gotten a ticket since 2009. Still have the car and drive it every day.

55 zone? Must've been on 128.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Shampoo posted:

55 zone? Must've been on 128.

That run was from the Rt 3/Burlington Mall interchange (exit 32) up to exit 36 right before the 93 interchange with top speed on the straight that passes Woburn Showcase Cinemas. Normally a busy stretch but theres no traffic at 2 am.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Bang Me Please posted:

That run was from the Rt 3/Burlington Mall interchange (exit 32) up to exit 36 right before the 93 interchange with top speed on the straight that passes Woburn Showcase Cinemas. Normally a busy stretch but theres no traffic at 2 am.

Hah, I know that spot. It's easy to go too fast there now that they've resurfaced the roads.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

PhotoKirk posted:

We got a friend's Monte Carlo north of 100MPH on a road that had a HUGE drop when it crossed West Little York. It was both glorious and terrifying when that car left the pavement, followed by completely terrifying when it crashed back to Earth. Bottomed out on all four corners, sparks, horrible noises.

It never really drove right after that.

In Houston? I actually know where you are talking about. We used to jump the tracks before they put in the toll road :)

emf
Aug 1, 2002

tbb9 posted:

Top speed chat: a 99 cobra's speedometer and tach both tip over at the same time in 4th gear
An 85 Mercury Capri with 2.73s does the same in 2nd.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

And here I thought I was lucky to get away with a ticket for 99 in a 65, even though I was clocked at 101 and should have had my license suspended. The trooper just seemed like he didn't want to fill out the paperwork and wait for a tow truck or something, considering it was 1:30 AM.

I didn't know my 323 could break a buck

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I didn't even get a ticket for my ton plus DY passing of an undercover cop and four other cars in a 45 a few years ago, and here I sit looking at probably getting a lawyer for an improper left and improper right turn. :suicide:

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011

emf posted:

An 85 Mercury Capri with 2.73s does the same in 2nd.
I should have said the tach hits redline at the same time the speedometer tips over

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

veedubfreak posted:

In Houston? I actually know where you are talking about. We used to jump the tracks before they put in the toll road :)

Heading south on Hollister where it crossed W. Little York. We would take Dead Man's Curve as fast as we dared, them floor it as we headed to the intersection.

This was before all of the business parks went in (taking away our R/C plane and rocket launching fields). After the traffic increased from the new businesses, they regraded the intersection and it is nowhere near as steep.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

Cygni posted:

Squad car generally refers to a patrol car, or a beat car. AKA a car you can stick someone in the back of. The Mustangs/Camaros/Challengers/Corvettes that various PDs have goofed with over the years are generally pursuit or response units... no back seat, not really a day to day 'squad' car.

Generally, it's spergin anyway.

This isn't the case at all in WA, there's a bunch of cities that use chargers as their squad cars. It's weird because all the places with no crime have massive fleets of chargers, while the few places in WA that actually have real crime run off of beat to poo poo crown vics still. The suburbs of Seattle have a bigger law enforcement budget than Seattle (probably the most well funded suburban police force in the country) I don't mind, because chargers make for the stupidest/easiest to recognize undercovers.

e: apparently chargers are cheaper for them to use because the interior strips easily and it fits all their gear without a bunch of modifications.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 11, 2012

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Who cares how quick you've gone on the highway. What counts is your top speed within 10 seconds. Mine happens to be 135mph on the RPM limiter.

E-penis smug meter reading so high right now. Actually I'm pretty sure there have been a couple quicker drag projects owned by SA members since then.

I also did 160mph/262kph indicated top speed on my old Honda CBR 600 once. Not fun I was worried about a tire blowout or scattering the engine.

Tried another top speed run with a backpack on a few weeks later and could only manage 240 and change.

jonathan fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 11, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

jonathan posted:

Who cares how quick you've gone on the highway. What counts is your top speed within 10 seconds. Mine happens to be 135mph on the RPM limiter.

E-penis smug meter reading so high right now. Actually I'm pretty sure there have been a couple quicker drag projects owned by SA members since then.

I also did 160mph/262kph indicated top speed on my old Honda CBR 600 once. Not fun I was worried about a tire blowout or scattering the engine.

Tried another top speed run with a backpack on a few weeks later and could only manage 240 and change.

I think it started as "I went way too fast for what I was driving" and kind of escalated from there.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I think it started as "I went way too fast for what I was driving" and kind of escalated from there.

Yeah I know, it was how fast you've gone in cars that tend to want to float away after 60mph haha.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

jonathan posted:

Yeah I know, it was how fast you've gone in cars that tend to want to float away after 60mph haha.
This is my favorite thread to look at here and in the past couple weeks all you've done is poo poo all over it. Thanks for your quality contributions!

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

This is my favorite thread to look at here and in the past couple weeks all you've done is poo poo all over it. Thanks for your quality contributions!

Ignore me and move along ? Thanks for your constructive criticism.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I maxed out two cars when I was younger, indicated 137 in my current MSP and about 110 in an 02 Taurus.

Guess which one was more of a pants-shitter.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I think I peed a little the time I rode in a twin turbo viper.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Broke 100 in my first car, a 1974 Mazda RX4 Sedan. When I lifted, it shot a backfire out the tail pipe that lit up the rearview mirror. Scared the poo poo out of me.
Fucker was a little trooper though, no oil, no water, kept on rolling. Rotary, 3 colors (Gold, primer, rust), 13's, 8-track. I wish I still had it.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

jonathan posted:

Did 173 indicated with 2 up on my buddies Busa. She was a tiny little thing and held on for dear life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I went a million miles per hour in a 1992 Civic.