Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

So anybody have pokemon concepts they hope get realized next gen? I'm seriously banking on a plague doctor alternate evo for the spritzee line and possibly a durian based counterpart for the Tsareena line.

Swollian: The buff fruit Pokémon

Or

Royalian: The princely fruit Pokémon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I'm still amazed that it took them this long to make a Koala Pokémon.

Like seriously, they made a literal garbage Pokémon, a keychain Pokémon and a god drat ice-cream cone Pokémon before it :psyduck:

And a chandelier pokemon, and a goth pokemon, and a cog pokemon, and

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Flopsy posted:

So anybody have pokemon concepts they hope get realized next gen? I'm seriously banking on a plague doctor alternate evo for the spritzee line and possibly a durian based counterpart for the Tsareena line.

Farfetch'd evo, which is just Farfetch'd with a Samurai helm and a Steel typing.

Internet Kraken posted:

They are never gonna make an evolution to an old pokemon other than Eevee again.

With regional variants now being a thing i'm guessing we'll be seeing more of that instead.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Swollian: The buff fruit Pokémon

Or

Royalian: The princely fruit Pokémon

I want a smelly fruit king who lacks Tsareena's self confidence and has spiny durian armor.

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Finally have bold litwicks with clear smog and in beast balls and the worst IVs possible

It took 20 years for them to make a poison-type legendary, and even then they won't call it that.

This dude but give him a black top hat and it's perf.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Your Computer posted:

I didn't like the new direction they were heading in with gen 5/6 where everything was getting more abstract and sleek,

Speak for yourself, UBs are my absolute favorite addition to this franchise.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Ultra Beasts rule so hard.

In fact all the legendaries this gen are great. The Tapu's are easily my favourite region trio (even though there's 4 of them) in the series, and Solgaleo and Lunala are cool as well.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Vanillite got me a Weavile and a Solgaleo in like less than an hour. Put all your stocks in vanillite!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Ultra Beasts rule so hard.

In fact all the legendaries this gen are great. The Tapu's are easily my favourite region trio (even though there's 4 of them) in the series, and Solgaleo and Lunala are cool as well.

Holy poo poo are you right. Ultra beasts are amazing and I love the tapus, I unabashedly baby my Tapu Koko because I love my capricious lil' chicken god.

I hope there's more ghost fighting types next gen, Marshadow is precious and has excellent stats but it leans more towards adorable than spoopy. And I need more spoops.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

With regional variants now being a thing i'm guessing we'll be seeing more of that instead.

Okay actually one thing I want to see are Johto variants of Pokémon. Call me a weeb but I think they could make a lot of fun variants drawing from Japanese culture and mythology :getin:

Emalde posted:

Nah, those are pretty cool. Kinda out of place in Pokémon but I still love both of those! All the "legendaries" are great in this game, which is a breath of fresh air. I was more talking about the style going from a very recognizable "this is Pokémon" to something looking more like Sonic the Hedgehog or Digimon. There are some great Pokémon in every gen, but I just wasn't digging the direction they were heading in. SuMo is back to being kinda quirky and cute and I love it :3:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Your Computer posted:

Okay actually one thing I want to see are Johto variants of Pokémon. Call me a weeb but I think they could make a lot of fun variants drawing from Japanese culture and mythology :getin:

FFFfffuck YES. THIS. Oh my lord. More mythology/folklore is always good.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I like this gen's legendaries/whatever the UBs are, but I usually don't like ever using them because it feels like I'm using a crutch in my teams.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Emalde posted:

The UBs all remind me of Shin Megami Tensei demons. Especially Celesteela, it really looks like someone's persona.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I'm very good with words so here's a visual example of what I mean by the direction the art style was taking:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Your Computer posted:

to something looking more like Sonic the Hedgehog or Digimon.

:shrug:

I think the UBs are the most precise comparison to "looks like a digimon" pokemon has ever been in its life, and it's all the better for it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Your Computer posted:

I don't think I'm very good with words so here's a visual example of what I mean by the direction the art style was taking:

I'll admit I wasn't a giant fan of the three musketeers but poo poo man they were better then gen 4's pixies. Nobody remembers those guys.

I'm not a giant fan of trios on the whole usually. This gen is the first where I actually love it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Emalde posted:

:shrug:

I think the UBs are the most precise comparison to "looks like a digimon" pokemon has ever been in its life, and it's all the better for it.

Like I said the UBs feel distinctly out of place, which is definitely on purpose. I like their designs, but they're kind of "outside" the general style the game is going for (again, on purpose) also they're 1000x better than any Digimon designs.

Flopsy posted:

I'll admit I wasn't a giant fan of the three musketeers but poo poo man they were better then gen 4's pixies. Nobody remembers those guys.

Who? :v:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

This generation did a good job making me care more about the legendaries than I really have since I played Sapphire. Other people in the game knowing about and caring about the Tapus was refreshing, though it did make me feel kind of bad that I was taking their island gods away to go fight dogs in the woods.

Contrast with X and Y, where I didn't give a single gently caress about Yveltal and neither did anyone else. It was also filled with pokemon I can barely recall (anybody else remember Barbaracle? What was that guy's deal?)

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Draxion posted:

This generation did a good job making me care more about the legendaries than I really have since I played Sapphire. Other people in the game knowing about and caring about the Tapus was refreshing, though it did make me feel kind of bad that I was taking their island gods away to go fight dogs in the woods.

Contrast with X and Y, where I didn't give a single gently caress about Yveltal and neither did anyone else. It was also filled with pokemon I can barely recall (anybody else remember Barbaracle? What was that guy's deal?)

I think they're getting better at making us give a poo poo about the legendaries and incorporating them into the plot. That said I loved 90% of gen 6 designs including Barbaracle. A barnacle hive mind with an awesome ability? gently caress yeah. Gen's 3, 6, and 7 have had my favorite designs so far.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Flopsy posted:

I'm not a giant fan of trios on the whole usually. This gen is the first where I actually love it.

well yeah cause the tapus are a quadro :colbert:

Internet Kraken posted:

Same goes for ghost/fighting but apparently some dumb event pokemon has that typing this gen. What a waste.

I hadn't heard about this and looked it up

it's p. adorable, but also has technician and I dunno I'm no master battler but its move pool looks good for both singles and doubles and using technician and it's signature move is sweet as heck

ps gen 5 best gen

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 2, 2016

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Draxion posted:

though it did make me feel kind of bad that I was taking their island gods away to go fight dogs in the woods sit unused in my PC.

Also obligatory where's the dolphin pokemon. Wouldn't mind if they straight up just put in this dude: http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Scovalope either.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

well yeah cause the tapus are a quadro :colbert:

I hadn't heard about this and looked it up

it's p. adorable, but also has technician and I dunno I'm no master battler but its move pool looks good for both singles and doubles and using technician and it's signature move is sweet as heck

That shadow sneak is going to loving destroy worlds. It is an excellent new friend, I just really wanted a jiangshi or a mummy. Here's hoping for next gen.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Avalerion posted:

Also obligatory where's the dolphin pokemon. Wouldn't mind if they straight up just put in this dude: http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Scovalope either.

A dolphin Pokémon would be rad.

Also wow, I looked at that wiki and there are so many amazing designs. Whoever is drawing this has the Pokémon style down to a science, and now I'm sad that it's not official :( Also how has this thing not been shut down by Nintendo?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Teach Bewear Aerial Ace and give it the Flyinium-Z. Have it use Supersonic Skystrike in battle.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Your Computer posted:

A dolphin Pokémon would be rad.

Also wow, I looked at that wiki and there are so many amazing designs. Whoever is drawing this has the Pokémon style down to a science, and now I'm sad that it's not official :( Also how has this thing not been shut down by Nintendo?

yeah a bunch of them are really cool. I like the one based off the parasite that eat's fishes tongues and then replaces them

also this lovable idiot here

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Oooh what a mysterious and spooky temple. The music is moody and atmospheric... I wonder if there are any hidden items! Time to spin around in circles on stoutland yee haw!
It's great.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Does anyone have an Adamant Synchronize Abra for trade? I have a spare Modest and Jolly one.

FC: 3179-6070-7987

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Dec 2, 2016

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

How do you lower EV's this time around? Might start ev training my guys once I get enough beans for that pelago island.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Avalerion posted:

How do you lower EV's this time around? Might start ev training my guys once I get enough beans for that pelago island.

Berries. Festival has a shop that reduces EVs and maxes them.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Avalerion posted:

All of the EV lowering berries are found under a tree on Route 10. There's also Friendship Cafes in the Festival Plaza that carry Sweet Sets (2 star+) or Secret Meals (3 star+) that do the same thing but faster

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm currently available for trade if anyone had a Jolly Beldum or HA/Haze Mareanie. I can offer Timid/HA/Egg Move Vulpixes, and Adamant Mimikyu/Wimpod, though not in Beast Balls.

E: Stepped out for a bit Back Going to bed

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 2, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why would you ever want a Toxapex that doesn't have Merciless?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I agree for in-game but for all practical purposes it's absolutely the wrong mon to be trying to go on the offensive with.

radlum
May 13, 2013
How long does it take for eggs to hatch in Poke Pelago? I've deposited 3 eggs in Isle Avue with many beans earlier on the week and they still haven't hatched. Am I missing something?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Buizels are the best. Gen 4 4 Lyfe

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

radlum posted:

How long does it take for eggs to hatch in Poke Pelago? I've deposited 3 eggs in Isle Avue with many beans earlier on the week and they still haven't hatched. Am I missing something?

One hatched after two days but three are still just close to hatching for me, this was with no berries. Much faster to run circles on tairos imo.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Your Computer posted:

I mean, from a certain perspective we already have Johto forme pokemon. Bellossum as J-Vileplume, Slowking as J-Slowbro, Hitmontop, Espeon and Umbreon as regional evos, Scizor as J-Scyther (they share the same BST)

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Completed the dex! Took me about 3 days of GTS'ing castforms to get everything. The pokemon I had most trouble getting were the Porygon Evolutions and Weavile. loving nobody was taking the castform bait with those and when they did it took hours.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Because Regenerator is much more useful

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AlphaKretin posted:

I agree for in-game but for all practical purposes it's absolutely the wrong mon to be trying to go on the offensive with.

I wish that rumor about Crobat getting merciless was true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wonder how they'll handle ubs going forward. Boring limited time only gamestop event code legendaries? Or will they figure out a different way of fitting them into Gen 8 and on