Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A rubber mat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Love to wear socks to the water park

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

My suggested items from AliExpress I get in my e-mail are nothing but fake FBI/cop uniforms and scientific models of the female reproductive system.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mx. posted:

yes if you view the alibaba pages of vendors with giant penis donut makers while authed into your aliexpress account you will receive emails about giant penis donut makers forever

i mean uh
just as an example, no reason

lmao I think that I linked that one

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

codo27 posted:

I have an idea for a goldmine wherein the alibaba/amazon item naming scheme is used in other contexts. Imagine a billboard for the NEW 2023 Hyundai Honda Kia Elantra Civic Car Truck SUV Vehicle Power Steering Blueooth 1.8l 2.4l 3.0l Very Fast Vehicle

Gotta throw in some misspellings and maybe something related to reproduction where it’s obviously some weird translation glitch but still funny.

quote:

NEW 2021 Hyundai Honda Kia Elantra Civic Car Biuck Truck SUV Ovulatig Vehicle Power Steering Blueooth 1.8l 2.4l 3.0l Very Fast Vehicle

There. Now it looks like the titles I usually see.

bagual posted:

-Allright boss, we got the location, model, camera crew, sports car and editing staff ready to go, what are we promoting?
-...sure, we'll give it a try i guess? :confused:

https://i.imgur.com/6qME2na.mp4

:lol: I thought sunglasses at first. Then a coffee stirrer. Then a coffee warmer. But assistants they are selling poison, judging by the end?

Bored fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 10, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Update about the Etymotic ER-4 cable I ordered a while ago: I just received this one from Lunashop's aliexpress store (same price as their page, but less headaches with payment, VAT, etc). https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003059513530.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.5a8f180284M5gp

Pretty expensive but feels good. Still a bit microphonic but not as bad as the original, so rubbing against the shirt is no longer deafening. The other issue I had with the OEM one is that it got very stiff when cold (heh) but it's difficult to tell now as it's very hot. I might try putting it in the fridge to test :)

Good option if anyone needs replacement cables for weird headphones IMO.

mobby_6kl posted:

Update on my taobao adventure. Everything is in the warehouse except the Onitsuka Tiger reps which were the whole reason I went through this effort :negative:

First seller didn't ship after 10 days and now neither has a different seller in I think 5 days. Maybe they're just out of stock everywhere but there was no indication of that.

While I was waiting for that I also decided to get the Oakley Whisker clones too.

I think I'll give it a few more days and then just have this shipped regardless.
Also seems lime my 3.6kg parcel of taobao... replica goods cleared customs. Just had to pay about $15 of VAT (even though the CSSBuy collected it already, but will get a refund). Still, until it's physically out of there, fingers crossed.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 10, 2022

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Killingyouguy! posted:

Love to wear socks to the water park

Just had a flashback to working at a waterpark and having management explain to us how pedophiles love waterparks because they have a ton of plausible deniability for sitting around looking at little kids in swimsuits. Easiest way to spot them is to look for people wearing socks/shoes because most people will at least put on sandals even if they don't plan to swim.

I got lucky and the only people I ever saw wearing shoes were teenagers that jumped the fence without a plan for what to do once they were inside.

Also, to anyone reading this, don't go harassing people wearing shoes to the pool. Sometimes people are just there for their grandkid's birthday party or something.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

bagual posted:

-Allright boss, we got the location, model, camera crew, sports car and editing staff ready to go, what are we promoting?
-...sure, we'll give it a try i guess? :confused:

https://i.imgur.com/6qME2na.mp4
lmao the milk carton killed me. That is insanely high production value for a a coffee warmer ad.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Unperson_47 posted:

My suggested items from AliExpress I get in my e-mail are nothing but fake FBI/cop uniforms and scientific models of the female reproductive system.
but you buy ONE 'female body inspector' shirt

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I want those shorts lowtax had that had poo poo on the front of them (two letters on each leg) along with crucifixes I believe? Actually I think they may have come from Japan, not AE

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Unperson_47 posted:

What have you been looking at?

Tunicate posted:

but you buy ONE 'female body inspector' shirt

Ah!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I swear I am going to click, don't hold me back guys! I am going to do it!

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

stephenthinkpad posted:

Given that those t-shirts have been a thing since the '80s it doesn't surprise me that Ali has listings.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'd go with a Big Johnson shirt instead, personally

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Or Coed Naked [activity].

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Need some balls rubbed on you face?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003609635968.html
3D Roller Face-Shaping Tool Tightening Massage Beauty Instrument Manual Massager Small V Face Slimming Face Shaping Skin Face Sl

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Sir, those are sex toys

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

Speaking of which, now that FBI is good again, has anyone seen an authentic-looking winbreaker? The most popular one has some sort of weird collar (hood maybe?) and a seal on the chest where the real ones don't AFAIK.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...id=jm0F2reunwjL

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Sir, those are sex toys

Anything can be a sex toy if that is your intent.

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

VictualSquid posted:

Need some balls rubbed on you face?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003609635968.html
3D Roller Face-Shaping Tool Tightening Massage Beauty Instrument Manual Massager Small V Face Slimming Face Shaping Skin Face Sl

My wife has a bunch of these that she uses on her face before bed and things. Occasionally the break (like the balls fall off, and it seems impossible to reattach them) and it turns out they're also extremely expensive! I should introduce her to Aliexpress.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

mobby_6kl posted:

Speaking of which, now that FBI is good again, has anyone seen an authentic-looking winbreaker? The most popular one has some sort of weird collar (hood maybe?) and a seal on the chest where the real ones don't AFAIK.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...id=jm0F2reunwjL

I suggest against something where you might need to tell lawyers and the cops that it was just a prank bro

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Wearing an FBI costume right now could very well get you murdered by some Trumper so yeah don't do that. I'd hate anything to happen to posting pals in the AliExpress thread.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Just get the MTG Defund the FBI shirt.
https://secure.winred.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-s-people-over-politicians-c/storefront/defund-the-fbi-navy-cotton-t-shirt/details

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
What do you all say to Ali geiger counters? I don’t have an immediate need of one but would like one to mess with, maybe for when I’m packing my end-of-the-world bag.

The top orders have some pretty damning reviews indicating they may not actually detect anything. There’s more expensive ones but less reviews and there’s a few diy kit style ones based on arduino that might be ok.

This one is kit but seems to be pre-assembled. Price isn’t bad and limited reviews don’t seem to indicate total crap. Kind of tempted by it.

Unrelated guessing game: What is this?

Electric carpet tufting gun

Dead sonic rug being made with the gun.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
How to you tear one of those meters? I get cara from a place that was exposed and I have certificates from scams but I see no way you can trust a meter if it matters.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

mobby_6kl posted:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003951339518.html

No, don't listen to the other goons, this is a great idea! And it'll be exciting to follow your eventual trial!

18 U.S. Code § 912 - Officer or employee of the United States posted:

Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

DRINK ME posted:

Tattoo gun, if you're not a coward

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

DRINK ME posted:

I cannot imagine how hard this is to use.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
A "sewing gun" for hardcore tactical tailors.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

goatface posted:

I cannot imagine how hard this is to use.
There's a video in the listing which has a number of people using it in a class (maybe?) or studio, and it actually doesn't seem hard.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DRINK ME posted:

JointHorse posted:

No, don't listen to the other goons, this is a great idea! And it'll be exciting to follow your eventual trial!
"and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value"

I think it would be fine as long as I don't try to take secret documents from any golf club basements

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_matYB5rdZA

Seems the same one as in the listing.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Anyone know how much weight these sorts of telescoping curtain rods can realistically hold up? I've seen varieties pictured inside closets as well, idk if there's any real difference

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Killingyouguy! posted:

Anyone know how much weight these sorts of telescoping curtain rods can realistically hold up? I've seen varieties pictured inside closets as well, idk if there's any real difference

I don’t know about aliexpress, but the ones sold in hardware stores have weight ratings on them. I used to have one that held hanging storage units for my clothes and it could take a lot of weight: I had maybe 10kg of clothing hanging on mine plus my cat used to love climbing and jumping all over it.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Bought a magnet thing for 1 cent and some coins and it didn't even make it out of China, got returned to the seller.

I thought you could send magnets if they were well wrapped but oh well. :sigh:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

engessa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_matYB5rdZA

Seems the same one as in the listing.

The one linked from this guy's video is being sold for nearly three hundred US Dollars.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Do you need some good news?

Fashion Waist Pack Bum Bag Fanny Pack Pouch Travel Festival Waist Belt Leather Holiday Money Wallet Outdoor Sports Bag Small Bag

Or do you find such things..

2022 New Hot Unisex Women Man Waist Fanny Pack Belt Travel Bag Purse Chest Pouch Bullet Pack Messenger Crossbody Shoulder Bag

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

stephenthinkpad posted:

Are these based off of your search results or...? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Gonna be honest, I'm considering that rug gun after seeing this tiktok account

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7081762314529115434