Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

ruta posted:

I've found it's very difficult to convince pugs in levelling dungeons to use their limit break before the end (or even before that).

Even if you manage to convince them to use it on say, the second boss, they will always wait until the boss is at like 5% HP. It's like they think there's a bonus for landing the kill with it.

There is a bonus for landing the kill with a limit break, it makes you look rad as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Red Red Blue posted:

There is a bonus for landing the kill with a limit break, it makes you look rad as hell

This is also why I like to finish mobs with Deathflare when a Dreadwyrm Trance-empowered Tri-Bind would do the job just as well.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Stupid question for TPT, been gone wince Halloween, I'm sure you need the mats to put yourself on the chair list right?

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
I assume that's the list for as crops come in. If you have the materials already, it's a simple combine so you can get it immediately.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

AngusPodgorny posted:

I assume that's the list for as crops come in. If you have the materials already, it's a simple combine so you can get it immediately.

Oh no, I was stupid and bought a thing at 500k when everything other price was over 1.5, but it just crashed right after so that put a cut in my 1 mil milestone lol. I was just making sure.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

ruta posted:

I've found it's very difficult to convince pugs in levelling dungeons to use their limit break before the end (or even before that).

Even if you manage to convince them to use it on say, the second boss, they will always wait until the boss is at like 5% HP. It's like they think there's a bonus for landing the kill with it.

A macro that says hey Healer /Tank LB in 5 usually gets them to consider it before the end of a fight. It's not using ranged or caster LB on trash I'll never be able to teach. It's a giant amount of damage over a big group of mobs, way more than a single target LB1 will ever do. Just cast it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

I can't tell if I'm a magnet for lovely black mages, or if it's just because it's the easiest class to tell when the person's playing like an idiot.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
On the positive note, he was using thunder 3 I guess

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

OneDeadman posted:

On the positive note, he was using thunder 3 I guess

I have a feeling if we weren't synched to level 50 he would've used thunder 4 instead

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I am hella PEEVED posted:

A macro that says hey Healer /Tank LB in 5 usually gets them to consider it before the end of a fight. It's not using ranged or caster LB on trash I'll never be able to teach. It's a giant amount of damage over a big group of mobs, way more than a single target LB1 will ever do. Just cast it.
It seems to be the equivalent of saving your elixirs for when you really need 'em and finishing a Final Fantasy game with 32 elixirs.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Nessus posted:

It seems to be the equivalent of saving your elixirs for when you really need 'em and finishing a Final Fantasy game with 32 elixirs.

Guilty.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ruta posted:

They're not alone as I found out w/old FC ppl :v:

I just don't care and just LB whenever I get a ton of mobs on DPS since I never get to use it as ranged. It regens, life goes on.

How much is cloudsbreathe on your servers?

Jenova is approx 100k-200k on a good day. Hopefully they will crash SOON so I can get a new shiny flying chair before NYE.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Alder posted:

They're not alone as I found out w/old FC ppl :v:

I just don't care and just LB whenever I get a ton of mobs on DPS since I never get to use it as ranged. It regens, life goes on.

How much is cloudsbreathe on your servers?

Jenova is approx 100k-200k on a good day. Hopefully they will crash SOON so I can get a new shiny flying chair before NYE.

Enough for the chair was a little over 500k last I checked on Excal

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Enough for the chair was a little over 500k last I checked on Excal

I just bought them yesterday and it was a hair under 500k on excal. The finished chairs are going for ~800k now.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Wacky Delly posted:

I just bought them yesterday and it was a hair under 500k on excal. The finished chairs are going for ~800k now.

Man I wish our market board was that good. Finished chairs are ~200k on Tonberry, and cloudsbreath has crashed to almost 20k.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I play almost exclusively mages, so I usually yoink the LB to use on big pulls anyway.

if we're not doing big pulls I get very sad and also stop paying attention to buttons that aren't Scatter until we get to a boss.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

TheHeadSage posted:

Man I wish our market board was that good. Finished chairs are ~200k on Tonberry, and cloudsbreath has crashed to almost 20k.

Man, times like this I wished I had moved to a active world as chairs are still 1m here. Hopefully, cloudsbreath will completely crash in the next few weeks ahead.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I found a neat island head while exploring housing districts.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Finally got WHM to 70. Healing is way more interesting and fun when you're playing the "how few healing spells can I cast this dungeon" game. Thanks to those in this thread who posted the WHM tips several pages ago, they helped me a fair bit.

Now it's time to level DRK.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
How do you keep the NPCs alive as a Scholar during the quests? I'm always healing them, but it never feels like I can keep them up before whatever they're fighting murders them.

I cleared the Level 70 quest after two tries, but the NPCs always end up with low HP by the end.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How do you keep the NPCs alive as a Scholar during the quests? I'm always healing them, but it never feels like I can keep them up before whatever they're fighting murders them.

I cleared the Level 70 quest after two tries, but the NPCs always end up with low HP by the end.
If I remember those quests correctly, several of them expect you to clear NPCs from some poisons or other detrimental effects, healing them was not that important.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Dwesa posted:

If I remember those quests correctly, several of them expect you to clear NPCs from some poisons or other detrimental effects, healing them was not that important.

Yeah, and in one of them (I think maybe even the lvl 70 quest), the boss's aoe thing will only target you, so you just have to stay away from the npcs. Took me a couple of tries to figure that one out.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The healer quests that require you to heal NPCs would be greatly improved if they could somehow be reworked with the command mission framework so they can be in your party.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dilly (little), Xaph (large) and I (Medium) all made shiny mistakes today.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Leofish posted:

The healer quests that require you to heal NPCs would be greatly improved if they could somehow be reworked with the command mission framework so they can be in your party.

Targeting friendly npcs for heals (and trying to *not* target them for attacks) is just about the only bad part about playing this game on a controller so I would be very down for having them added to the party list.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Maps tonight; we're doing them.

We're going to get like 5 thieves maps, too. Only floor 5 and lower need to apply.

Free shipping L@@K!

8pm ET.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.

Thundarr posted:

Targeting friendly npcs for heals (and trying to *not* target them for attacks) is just about the only bad part about playing this game on a controller so I would be very down for having them added to the party list.

I swear m+k sucks at this beyond other games, too. I don't think I've ever played a game where I felt I whiffed so much with my mouse clicking and I always wonder if it's me.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

After all these years of playing, I finally got my first EX primal mount yesterday, doing Shiva EX for WT seals! :woop: I haven't deliberately farmed for mounts yet, and every other time I've seen a mount drop, I've been outrolled.

Phone posted:

We're going to get like 5 thieves maps, too. Only floor 5 and lower need to apply.

Free shipping L@@K!

8pm ET.

I wish I could get in on one of these sometime, but there's always too much IRL poo poo going on for me to commit to anything. :(

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Phone posted:

Free shipping L@@K!

8pm ET.

Like America, I think it's time to move to the right

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Bolow posted:

:goleft:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bolow posted:

TELEDJI!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Phone posted:

TELEDJI!

No, he moved forward and back.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Thundarr posted:

No, he moved forward and back.

At the same time!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is the PS4 version of the game also a good/viable choice? I want to play, but I don’t have a gaming PC right now, so I considered playing on PS4, but I don’t know if that would gimp me or if it’s an inferior version or something.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I got every horse except Leviathan through WT. When it was still new there were a bunch of parties for whatever you could’ve wanted. I think I got Ravana bird that way too.

I like primal mounts, I wish Susan and Lakshmi weren’t soul crushing.

I say as I try to work out 100 MOBA wins.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Pollyanna posted:

Is the PS4 version of the game also a good/viable choice? I want to play, but I don’t have a gaming PC right now, so I considered playing on PS4, but I don’t know if that would gimp me or if it’s an inferior version or something.

You're good. The controller is God in this game

strong bird
May 12, 2009

A. Beaverhausen posted:

You're good. The controller is God in this game

Correct on first count and impossibly wrong on second

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Pollyanna posted:

This game has some amazing controller support, but you’ll probably wanna grab a USB keyboard for chatting.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

the next edition of Encyclopaedia Eorzea better have this sonata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i don't know if you're the kind of player for which this matters much, but playing on ps4 will prevent you from using third-party tools for this game, including the only effective DPS parser available.

also, there are some edge casey things that are legitimately annoying to do on controller, like pvp healing