Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Screw tv shows, the 80s had the best movies ever made and are still adored today. What did the 90s have, double dragon? :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol dude both of those came out in the mid 80s

looks like we got a 'ghostbusters' fan here

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HellFox posted:

haha nobody is the black guys

the white boys all have unique faces but the girls and others all have ctrl v/ctrl c faces

makes u think.... we are all the same on the outside

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

pram posted:

says the guy that searched for both ghostbusters cartoons

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Epic. I'm going to go into the Office Restroom as jerk off the Cartoon Jenine Melnitz rigt now.

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

theultimo posted:

Screw tv shows, the 80s had the best movies ever made and are still adored today. What did the 90s have, double dragon? :lol:

sequels. of 80's movies.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

i suck. im boring and eat garbage for lunch. im poor also, and dumb.

dsyp

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
90s kids jacked off to Rescue Rangers

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

pram posted:

it says 1986 right on the loving title screen of the first one lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Smythe posted:

Epic. I'm going to go into the Office Restroom as jerk off the Cartoon Jenine Melnitz rigt now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
Rofl. LMfao. Dirty Work came out in 1998 *bangs huge gavel like donkey kong guy* case closed

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

the white boys all have unique faces but the girls and others all have ctrl v/ctrl c faces

makes u think.... we are all the same on the outside

:aaa:

not unseeing that now

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Cold on a Cob posted:

it says 1986 right on the loving title screen of the first one lol

was a joke you morons

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

:jackbud:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
good loving god, these gen x guys have no sense of humor

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

theultimo posted:

90s kids jacked off to Rescue Rangers

hahaha, yea. dont sign my posts. haha

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

pram posted:

good loving god, these gen x guys have no sense of humor

millennials are so 'random' haha

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

pram posted:

was a joke you morons

yeah yeah, sure it was :rolleye:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

:drat:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah yeah, sure it was :rolleye:

this is perhaps a little too nuanced for you all but 'the ghost busters' franchise the 'the ghostbusters' cartoon is based on is from the 70s:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ghost_Busters

so someone from the 70s would prefer the 'ghostbusters' over the 'the real ghostbusters' which is based on 'ghostbusters'

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

my favorite part of being a millennial is saying things to make olds groan. for instance:

in third grade, we held a mock presidential election just like the real one that was happening at the time. al gore won.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

pram posted:

this is perhaps a little too nuanced for you all but 'the ghost busters' franchise the 'the ghostbusters' cartoon is based on is from the 70s:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ghost_Busters

so someone from the 70s would prefer the 'ghostbusters' over the 'the real ghostbusters' which is based on 'ghostbusters'

i never heard of that one from the 70s

how old are you again pram?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
im 28

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
We had apple iis in school, not this pee cee nonsense. (37)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

carry on then posted:

my favorite part of being a millennial is saying things to make olds groan. for instance:

in third grade, we held a mock presidential election just like the real one that was happening at the time. al gore won.

third graders smarter before the world crushes emotional intelligence and empathy out of them by adulthood

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

hm

not young enough for me to mock as a babby, and not old enough for me to make old person jokes

i concede defeat, you win the thread. don't spend it all in one place kid.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol u have no generation like tom hanks in the airport movie

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
yeah pram is at that sweet spot. it fades fast man make sure you get the most out of the next year before you're a geriatric waste

btw kids already think youre a caveman dumbass. they're just now entering the workforce but your lack-of-30s age makes you invisible to them

pram
Jun 10, 2001

HellFox posted:

yeah pram is at that sweet spot. it fades fast man make sure you get the most out of the next year before you're a geriatric waste

btw kids already think youre a caveman dumbass. they're just now entering the workforce but your lack-of-30s age makes you invisible to them

:nyoron:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

HellFox posted:

At 37 I am already dead and buried to the new generation, but unlike the millennials, I have something they don't: Usable knowledge instead of googling for it. I can jury rig a car to keep running, I can hunt and fish, I can swim without drowning, and my only weakness is that I try to get obolesite crap to run on modern stuff.

My sisters kids at 13 and 17 can't do Jack, can't cook, can't fix a car, can't swim, but have an awesome k:D ratio.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

theultimo posted:

At 37 I am already dead and buried to the new generation, but unlike the millennials, I have something they don't: Usable knowledge instead of googling for it. I can jury rig a car to keep running, I can hunt and fish, I can swim without drowning, and my only weakness is that I try to get obolesite crap to run on modern stuff.

My sisters kids at 13 and 17 can't do Jack, can't cook, can't fix a car, can't swim, but have an awesome k:D ratio.

can't spell though lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

generations are like SA regdates IRL.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

theultimo posted:

I feel bad for millennials, they didn't go through the 80s, the best decade ever.

i feel bad for the millenials, because the next few decades are just going to be rehashing everything from the 80s and 90s over and over again with sequels and remakes, because why make things that appeal to children so they make their parents buy them things when the parents are still mental children themselves who will happily drop money on the things you made to appeal to children 30 years ago

i can't imagine the hell that is growing up in a world where half the stuff in the movie theater on any given day is poo poo your dad thought was cool when he was a kid

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
there is a wealth of new material being made right now that you don't notice because you're not literally a child

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
the future is steven universe, ie incredibly gay

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
steven universe is pretty cool after the first 40 episodes

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the future is actually a mad-maxian hellscape where theultimo finally gets to lord his car fixing skills over youngins

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

theultimo posted:

i thought for sure the computing field was going to be overrun with the next generation but it turns out most of them dont give a gently caress about anything as long as they have their phone and it works. if it doesn't work they throw it away or take it to the genius bar.

so i get to janitor for idiots younger and older.

but yeah i sometimes feel like the only person willing to try fixing a problem myself before replacing or paying someone to fix it. cars, appliances, wiring, plumbing, whatever.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
lol thanks y'all for providing further evidence for my post

Cold on a Cob posted:

generations are just so ppl of a certain age can be pandered to by appealing to a sense of superiority over generation - 1 or generation + 1 depending on what is being sold

"everyone younger and older than me is dumb!" - ur posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

pram posted:

the future is actually a mad-maxian hellscape where theultimo finally gets to lord his car fixing skills over youngins

Shoot, in the middle east we fixed a suburban that sheared it's fan belt and radiator leak with a disdasha and those dressings that cauterize wounds.

• Locked thread